Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

10 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight (PS3), Official Topic
Hara
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1

Discuss everything about the Wangan Midnight PS3 game here.

Release Date: July 26th, 2007

Wangan Midnight Trailer Announcement
Wangan Midnight (PS3) Photo Gallery

To answer a few questions.
  • Wangan Midnight (PS3) will feature a full storyline like the PS2 game and Maximum Tune.
  • The PS3 and PSP version will be able to hook up. Features unknown at this time.
  • Wangan Midnight (PS3) is only announced for release in Japan. No English version for now.
  • The games for PS3 are region free so any PS3 can play this game outside of Japan.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PACMAN
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

Hara, your the most dedicated WMT person I know on the planet, and also the fastest, I was just about to post the video myself today until I read the main page and noticed you beat me to it.

But I do have 2 photos I haven't seen on the website:

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3237/n2...16nbgi16bd6.jpg

and

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6045/n2...16nbgi18vp8.jpg

/\/\/\ I wish I was the guy in the red shirt, then me = w00t2.gif w00t2.gif

And do you have any information regarding the PSP version?

This post has been edited by PACMAN on Mar 22 2007, 11:18 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hara
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 01:05 AM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

I'm sorry but you are confusing this game with Nanmco's Wangan Midnight. Namco only makes Wangan Midnight games for the arcade The PS3 game is being made by Genki, same goes for the PSP version.

There is little info on the PSP version. I believe that both games are made to be exactly alike. One ist just portable.
Sunzabuto
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

So the game is region free, so even though I cant read Japanese, I can play the game? AWSOME!!!

During the preview when it shows Tomoya raceing Blackbird was that Keiichiro in that silver supra?? And that was badass when it showed Akio,?????,and Tatsuya in a race at the end.(Was that Koichi Kijima driving the RX-7, becouse I though he drove an older FC, I think???)

p.s.- I wonder who made that music from the preview, and if that music was from the game.(Yuzo Koshiro perhaps....)
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Callsign: Chaser

Member No.: 4

To answer the first question. Yes the silver Supra is being driven by Keiichiro. Its interesting to note that Tomoya and Tatsuya do race, two times in the series. It seems by the trailer that there going off the later chapters in the series right now.

Also I beileve the red GTR driver that is racing alongside the Blackbird, is Yamanaka, part of the tuning group RGO, that is owned by Kazuo Ota. This is mostly due to the fact that the race is almost identical to its manga counterpart, including the outcome of it.

And yes that is Koichi Kijima driving the white RX7(FC3S). The character your refering to that drives the yellow RX7(FD3S), is name is beyond me right now, but when I get home I'll edit this once I check my books.

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Zanaduz
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

Isn't the driver of the yellow FD Masaki?

Earlier in the trailer, they have Masaki superimposed over a yellow FD, so therefore when the yellow FD shows up later on in the trailer, I assume it must be the same driver.

This post has been edited by Zanaduz on Mar 9 2007, 10:43 AM
PMEmail Poster
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Correct! The driver is Masaki. I always forget his name. Yeah theres technically only two FD drivers in the series up to that point. Masaki, with his FD tuned by RGO and Oki, whos tuner is unknown. Since he drives on Hakone, its assumed he tuned his FD on his own.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
ferrarimanf355
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 96

That trailer looks nice, but I'd like to see this game on the Xbox 360. Why? Well, play Test Drive Unlimited, and you'll see the possibilities Namco has with taking WM onto Live... wink2.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Hara
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Well first off, Namco is not making the Wangan Midnight game for PS3. It is made by Genki. Test Drive Unlimited is a good game but it being on the 360 does not especially help because Xbox Live does not host the online service. Atari does.

PS3 does also offer online service. But not nearly as many members as Xbox Live. But will the game feature online racing? Shutokou Battle X or Import Tuner Challenge did not sell very well at all for the Xbox 360 so I'm not sure if Genki will try again to release another Highway racing game to the US/Europe. Especially when Wangan Midnight is not known to a large English audience.

I would still love to see the game come over to the Xbox 360. I would like to avoid buying the PS3.
Sunzabuto
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

QUOTE (Hara @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM)

PS3 does also offer online service. But not nearly as many members as Xbox Live. But will the game feature online racing? Shutokou Battle X or Import Tuner Challenge did not sell very well at all for the Xbox 360 so I'm not sure if Genki will try again to release another Highway racing game to the US/Europe. Especially when Wangan Midnight is not known to a large English audience.

I would still love to see the game come over to the Xbox 360. I would like to avoid buying the PS3.

Same here, I do wish I wouldnt have to buy a PS3 to play it. And why is there not anyone on Import Tuner Challenge these days??? When I first had the game there was so many good racers online, but now I lucky if I get a match!
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
ferrarimanf355
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 96

QUOTE (Hara @ Today at 2:54 AM)
Well first off, Namco is not making the Wangan Midnight game for PS3. It is made by Genki. Test Drive Unlimited is a good game but it being on the 360 does not especially help because Xbox Live does not host the online service. Atari does.

Hey, even though Atari hosted the TDU servers, I thought that it was pretty good as to its implementation, especially with the instant challenges. If TDU can do it, then an online WM with a similar implementation would be awesome.

And why hasn't anyone licensed the manga in the US, anyways? Did the Tokyopop Intial D fiasco scare anybody away?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Well the main is reason is due to how popular the series is. Wangan Midnight is a great series, dont get me wrong, but its still not as popular overseas as say Initial D. Look at how long they have taken to start an anime series for it. It has been out as long as Initial D if not longer.

Hara makes an excellent point in mentioning the failure that Import Tuner Challenge had here in the states. If you look at the previous Shutokou Battle games released for the PS2 and Dreamcast they never really did that well.

Actually take a look at a majority of games made in Japan that do not come to the states. I'll cite some various Gundam titles. ACE and ACE2 are excellent titles that were on the PS2 and rivaled Zone of The Enders in term of gameplay and graphics. But Instead here in the states we get Journey To Jaburo and various Gundam Seed games. All pale in comparision to ACE. Its not that the ACE series is bad, its that usually if previous games do poorly, they rarely want to waste the time and money to try and localize newer games, even though they are better.

I for one hope that we do see a US release for WM regardless of the system. Hopefully with the small library of games the PS3 has, people will begin the notice it. But then again, have you seen any console Initial D titles make it over? The future is a bit uncertain. Time will only tell.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
AssassinGT
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 149

Hey, first post lol but yeah I was wondering on how much of that Trailer is a rendering. I know the PS3 is capable of putting out those graphics in real time, the question is, can Genki do that? I've seen Gran Turismo HD on my 1080p 40" Plasma and I must say it is mindboggling. So I hope this games graphics can live up to the trailer as it is amazing as well. Anyone have screens of the ingames? From What I saw on the official site, they weren't any better if even worse than Import tuner Challenge (Shutoku Battle)'s graphics.
PMEmail Poster
Hara
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

To check screenshots. Check out the gallery, which is linked at the top.

They havent said so far if the game will be pushing 1080p. But I am pretty sure it will be up at 1080i.
Zanaduz
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

I'm still more worried about it just making it over the ocean to hit stateside; I don't care if it looks horrid, as long as it plays well.
PMEmail Poster
Hara
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

I still don't think the game has enough influence over here for them to want to bring it over.
AssassinGT
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

All they have to do is call it Maximum Tune. I dunno about you guys but I live in Southern California and that Machine is everywhere. Every teenager has a maximum tune card ready to roll just like Initial D. Honestly, they should of just left it at the japanese name Wangan Midnight. When you change the name there will always be confusion.

Also about the screen shots, They only look maybe if slightly better than import tuner challenge. To be honest I think Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for the PS2 was their best. It had almost 150 cars and the courses were extremely long. Vast amount of courses and even included all of the Wangan. The Wanderers styles were all different, the game had engine swaps and almost anything you can think.

I hope the PS3 Wangan Midnight can live up to, if not destroy that game.

This post has been edited by AssassinGT on Apr 26 2007, 11:37 AM
PMEmail Poster
Jon Michael
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Member No.: 65

I'd like to see a game with the amount of cars Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero had, but with the customization options and tracks a little higher than Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. I thought the controls of 3 sucked in comparison to Zero also. I beat both games 100%, and they're both excellent games. Even if WM doesn't come out in the states, why don't people with a PS3 just import the Japanese game? You can play it without any mods or anything, only thing is European people won't be able to. But, Europe seems to get a LOT of games that never come out in America...

Import Tuner Challenge...I didn't get it because of the sad amount of cars it had. I don't care if the graphics are any better, I'll just pop in TXR0 and beat that again. Does anyone have a list of car that are going to be in WM for PS3?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AssassinGT
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (Jon Michael @ Today at 12:06 PM)
I'd like to see a game with the amount of cars Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero had, but with the customization options and tracks a little higher than Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. I thought the controls of 3 sucked in comparison to Zero also. I beat both games 100%, and they're both excellent games. Even if WM doesn't come out in the states, why don't people with a PS3 just import the Japanese game? You can play it without any mods or anything, only thing is European people won't be able to. But, Europe seems to get a LOT of games that never come out in America...

Import Tuner Challenge...I didn't get it because of the sad amount of cars it had. I don't care if the graphics are any better, I'll just pop in TXR0 and beat that again. Does anyone have a list of car that are going to be in WM for PS3?

Haha, I'm just a graphics Nut.. Hense why I have all that stupid equipment. Eitherway, the games car list is usually the selling spot. Releasing that early I don't think is gonna happen easily. Even so, if they were to add like just 5 cars to their current roster they would already rival Import Tuner Challenge.

Something I noticed though, Crave had a big part in the roll of all the Tokyo Extreme Racers. However I noticed that in Import Tuner challenge, crave was nowhere to be found? IT was just Ubisoft and Genki. Has crave dropped out of the Highway Racing Game scene.
PMEmail Poster
Jon Michael
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Member No.: 65

Crave had NOTHING to do with the game's creation. Crave was just the company that brought it over to America and worked on some of the translations. Kinda like how Quentin Tarantino pays to bring some Asian movies to America, but he didn't make them. Crave dropped out of that now and Ubisoft has taken their place as the company to pick it up and bring it to America. Hence the name change. If Crave would have still been he one bringing it to us there would be NO way it would have such a stupid name as Import Tuner Challenge.

I'd rather have 150+ DIFFERENT cars, rather than like 60 popular cars.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
InsanezX2
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 79

PMEmail Poster
AssassinGT
Posted: Apr 26 2007, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (InsanezX2 @ Today at 4:07 PM)
Since I hadn't seen it in the thread:
http://www.genki.co.jp/games/wangan_pre/index.html

And a recent update:
http://www.genki.co.jp/games/wangan_pre/news.html

Hmm thats good to hear about crave then. I agree with you on the 150+ Different car issue.

InsanezX2 Lol i saw those but thanks, can anyone translate the second page a little? Having trouble reading the Kanji and I don't understand why those girls are there? ... lol? fear2.gif
PMEmail Poster
InsanezX2
Posted: May 31 2007, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 79

The full game site just launched. grin2.gif

http://www.genki.co.jp/games/wangan_ps3/index.html
PMEmail Poster
Sunzabuto
Posted: Jun 1 2007, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Whats this I see on the site about actual cards? Is it going to incorporate some sort of cards scanning?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jun 1 2007, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Member No.: 194

i think the card sistem is just a way of leveing up in the ranks.As for the battle system i kinda notice their using the same system of battling ao in the Kaido Series

This post has been edited by tofu_boy86 on Jun 1 2007, 07:03 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options 10 Pages  1 2 3 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll