Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Too many GT-Rs..., Red R Emblem FTW (56K need not apply)
The J
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

I'm bored. Have a cookie! Now dance for my amusement.

part of my day @ Universal City Nissan in California. I can't post the backs of the cars just yet because I want to take the courtesy of editing out the plates.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
900+ hp motor...
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,493

What's the occasion?
PMEmail PosterAOL
The J
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ Today at 3:36 PM)
What's the occasion?

this
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by The J on Apr 15 2008, 03:42 PM
PMEmail Poster
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Oh, so you guys received the new GTR and you guys are celebrating?
PMEmail PosterAOL
The J
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

We had the American spec car there- the silver one. It's a P2 car meaning it's the last car run before the actual production run. I didn't blur the plates on that since it's pointless for anyone to run them and try to steal that car. It's a Manufacturer plate and the car is doubtless protected in a secret Nissan facility surrounded by OEM NISMO laser guns... Don't get too attached to it. It might be used by Nissan for destructive testing. I don't mind as long as they use the data to make more and make them better.
PMEmail Poster
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

What about the black one?
PMEmail PosterAOL
The J
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Privately owned. On loan to Universal Nissan. Interior on that car is is in the Member's pictures thread.
PMEmail Poster
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Oh, I see. How cool.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Spike Razzor
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,324

user posted image
IN BEFORE WANGAN MIDNIGHT REFERENCE!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 871

even though i dont like BNCR33s, orange is sexy on that! maybe cuz i think most gtrs are sexy in orange ever since the harrison gtr LOL. i saw a vid of that black JDM gtr on youtube, the privately owned one, sume white guy owns it lol. that BNR34 is lookin sexy! with those Volks Rays TE37 Time Attacks. cant tell from pics but was that R34 a v-spec or normal gtr? judging from those pics of the stock hood, it aint a v-spec2 or v-spec2 nur.

This post has been edited by BNR34NISMO on Apr 16 2008, 12:19 AM
PMEmail Poster
RemieGino14
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 02:30 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 766

Whats funny about that is that I saw that same exact R33 Drive by me in my own neighborhood of La Puente/West Covina

- RemieGino14 -
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Midnight Star
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Member No.: 33

You can never have too many gt-rs around. I demand moar. That R32 v-spec is nice tho.
PMEmail PosterMSN
The J
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

The R34 is a standard production GT-R as well as the 32. On the 32 you can tell by looking at the wheels and brakes- those are factory wheels and brakes rather than Brembos and 17s (although I did hear there is a mysterious silver V Spec II that's running around that area. I'll try to snap pictures of it next time I see it but I hear the driver's pretty reclusive and a little camera shy of his car). The Lambo Orange R33 is Josh's car of RB Motoring. He works in City of Industry (so.. yes Remie you have seen this car before) and the car was in a commercial for ProStreet and the movie "Street Racer" which is probably a straight to DVD coming out sometime this year. Car's 400 wheel hp, comes with a plethora of mods and on sale for $65,000 if you want it. That's actually not that bad. Better than having to fork out 100,000+ for a R35 GT-R. I know the owner of the black R35. He is a really cool down to earth guy all things considered.

Also check this out- this editor guy can write. I don't agree with some of his views but he can write http://www.latimes.com/classified/automoti...0,1179971.story

This post has been edited by The J on Apr 16 2008, 10:50 AM
PMEmail Poster
tofu_boy86
Posted: Apr 17 2008, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Member No.: 194

Dude GT-R's are the best i cant get enough of them
PMEmail PosterMSN
Lancergti
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,218

PMEmail Poster
AMON
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 2,598

QUOTE (Lancergti @ Today at 10:40 AM)
here my friends GT-R http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/72088-bnr34-indonesia.html

Tomei-powered engine. Good for him.
PMEmail Poster
Devil240Z
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 2,087

gah GTRs make me cry! I hate living is the US!
my close friend has a R32 GTST though. but its definately no gtr.
but once that 26 goes in it will be something...........just not a gtr.

hehe how many people on this forum can claim to have almost crashed a skyline! I can!
the road was wet and a gave a little too much gas around a corner and went sideways, good thing the cop near by was too busy pulling over a minivan to notice me sliding around in the middle of an intersection.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Devil240Z @ Today at 9:37 AM)
hehe how many people on this forum can claim to have almost crashed a skyline! I can!

so can I or anyone who's driven a G35 for that matter laugh.gif . I'll give you that it was a JDM skyline. That's pretty special in and of itself. Just remember... Every Skyline I've ever driven has had a GT-R badge on the back.. and it wasn't bought at Pep Boys. Kinda came with the car tongue.gif I thought about importing a GT-S one time for about 5 hours. 1 minute to consider and 4hrs 59 minutes recovering after hitting myself as hard as I could with the heaviest implement I could lift for considering such a ridiculous idea. But nah. GT-S turbos are pretty fun but the R32 model just didn't have any torque so unless you pay into it what you could have gotten a 33 GTST for.. it's not that great of a drift car.

This post has been edited by The J on Apr 22 2008, 10:06 AM
PMEmail Poster
Devil240Z
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 10:18 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

well good luck getting a R33 in the US.
btw this R32 cost $1000.
now it has a flull roll cage and it will soon have a RB26 so I dont think torque will be a problem.
People charge RIDICULOUS amounts of money for GTRs over 10 grand for a R32. screw that.

I would however pay 10 grand for a GTiR cause those are soo friggen cool.

edit I also wanna say that the G35 comment was a cheap shot. you know what I meant.

edit heres a pic
user posted image

This post has been edited by Devil240Z on Apr 22 2008, 10:23 AM
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

... The G35 comment was just friendly poking, no need to get all defensive. The G35 is a Skyline chassi and I'm glad Nissan let Infinity sell it here. There's nothing wrong with them. I'm just joshing you because you are boasting to have almost messed up a semi exotic. Especially when the car was that cheap.

If you're truly passionate about the cars , over 10 grand for an R32 GT-R is not that big of an issue. Over 25 grand is not that big of an issue. It's finding a clean one for a good price that is. The price isn't ridiculous. You're paying the same or more for say a new 350Z and I don't really see people complaining about those prices especially for an exotic car.

R33s are actually the easiest Skyline chassi to bring in due to Motorex's crashtesting. GTS GTST and GTR.

Just curious, what's up with your friend's hood, the different front/rear wheels and the flat black airdam, and blinker? Were u guys working on it?

EDIT: BTW just realized you are in Washington. You at least are lucky enough to be in a state that's pretty lenient about grey market kit autos along with Florida. Compared to CA, It's a cakewalk to get a GT-R there... provided you pay for one.

This post has been edited by The J on Apr 22 2008, 10:53 AM
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

^ That is not going to be the case for long. Washington is going to adapt CARB style emission laws and car inspection laws really quick if California has its' way with the EPA. Right now the EPA is the only thing stopping these 11-16 states from having their CARB style laws implemented.

Only the KAIZO cars will end up being the most legit of the bunch, right up there with a Motorex R32 GTR.

People will always pay for a clean R32. You can always buy a piece of shit R32 GTS or GTS-T for 5000 dollars, and can end up paying the same in shipping costs.

The only R32 GTS i would bother importing is the 4 door R32 so i can dump it on 19s/20s, rock the BN Sports kit, paint it bubblegum pink and drift the shit out of it.

It costs 10,000-15,000 dollars for a clean 1992-1994 R32 GTR, and more for a V-SPEC or V-SPEC II with 30,000-40,000 original miles on it. Try going to japan and searching for an un-abused R32 GTR. Stop looking at the stupid yahoo auction and internet websites that show R32 GTRs for 5000 dollars. Those are all auction sites, or you pay for a junk R32.

And btw: me and my friend (driver) almost put an R33 GTR V SPEC into a curb trying to drift it a while ago (we hit the brakes last second, locked up all 4 wheels and stopped 1 foot away from it). true story.

Devil240Z
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

man my perspective is all screwed up now. I thought I knew how things worked.
IE. you cant have a skyline! or rather GOOD LUCK GETTING IT REGISTERED.
I work at a Speed Shop in washington state. We buy frontclips from japan and do motorswaps on cars. mostly SRs.
I dont think that I have ever seen a GTR before. maybe I saw one at Golden Gardens(a nissan meet).
People In cali dont realise that theres alot more cars like that in cali.
I have been close to only a few JDM cars before.
R32GTST
RX7 FC(rode in it a bunch of times, it was a drift car that my friend with the R32 built, but he sold it)
Civic Type R(which I might buy soon, but its in a million pieces)
By close I mean cars that I see almost every day.

ALSO I wasnt trying to sound defensive, i was going for sarcasm.

but yeah, as far as I know you are wrong.... I am under the impression that the older the car is the easier it is to register. also if it exists in the US then its easier. (like a 180SX or a civic)

How did you know I was in washington anyway? the county that I live in is like the only one to have NO EMISSION REGULTIONS AT ALL. the rest of the state has them.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

You are right. Older cars ARE easier to register... it's just R33 is the easiest out of the GT-R series because it got crashtesting by MotoRex and as a result, its on a list of cars along with the S13 and RHD MR2 etc. that have a special dispensation for being able to be imported as cars to be converted into federally legal vehicles. Here is the list. Note the Nissan Section. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig010807.pdf
PMEmail Poster
Devil240Z
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

wow I have never heard of this! thats awesome!
We usually have to go to hell and back to register a car! we have done 2 R32s and a FC. its a real pain to register them.

I have a question though.
Does this only apply to JDM cars coming in from JAPAN? or is it for JDM cars coming from CANADA too?
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

I'm pretty sure if the car's chassi is the exact same thing that you are trying to import and you go through a registered importer, you can bring it over from Antarctica if you damn well please laugh.gif . Just be sure the RI is legit and that you are following all export codes of the country they are leaving from. If you are thinking of bringing an R33 in through Canada by driving it or trailering it, I think they still need an RI to indicate it will be conformed to NHTSA and DOT Spec. You may want to talk to Kaiso. The proprietor on the US side is former law enforcement and owns several other companies so you know he's been doing things legit. Just expect to pay for a PROPER R33 chassi. They can't conform janked chassis for us DOT specifications.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll