Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> AnimeExpo 07 WMMT2 Tornament
nismoknights13
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 202

Well I was told that there is going to be a MT2 tornament at anime expo this year. Is anybody here going? My team and I will be there.
PMEmail Poster
Zelse
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 185

Where's Anime expo? There is a tourny in NJ at the end of July I'm attending with my team.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
nismoknights13
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

This year its in Long Beach, CA 29th-2nt
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

I'll be there, but I've never played so I guess I'm disqualified my default. Hahaha.
PMEmail Poster
Zelse
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 185

Lame. :/ I'd go if I could. Oh well. If you so happen to show up in NJ in July..Hopefully I'll see ya there. I'm driving down there from MA.
Zanaduz
Posted: Jun 13 2007, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

Well.. I could possibly go if I really wanted to (and could convince myself to waste an entire tank of gas getting there); but I don't belong to a team, nor do I have a card ATM that's much past 600 HP. So not much purpose to going down there just to get my tail whooped.
PMEmail Poster
Alice_Z
Posted: Jun 13 2007, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 101

I'm going with my Brother and some friends to the Expo, unfortunately I don't have a card for Maximum Tune 2. We only had Maxi Tune 1 here for a few weeks and then they got rid of it. It would be nice to meet other Wangan fans though, hopefully I can meet some of you guys there.
PM
nismoknights13
Posted: Jun 16 2007, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

ya! anybody that is going, say hi if you see me or anyone from my team. It would be very cool to meet you all!!!!
PMEmail Poster
nismoknights13
Posted: Jul 4 2007, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Well... no tornament but alot of really bad dirty players. It was not fun...

I understand bumping when you race with 4 people, but when you go in front of the person and just start braking, thats just being a dick. not to mention how the guys playing would talk sh$%t to every player they beat just by going to great length to run you in to the wall.
PMEmail Poster
dv8raptor
Posted: Jul 4 2007, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 339

There's a lot assholes like that down here. The only reason i went to the arcade there was to play DDR and Renew my RX7.
PMEmail Poster
BeastinLondon
Posted: Jul 4 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Beast of the Highway

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 230

only way i play dirty, ramming/bumping cars in the corners, into traffic and walls, and throwing cars or vans in their way. but only if they're there and it helps my speed, turning, they're just in my way, or they start pushing me first.
other wise i find it more better passing em by as close as possible without touching while flashing my headlights tongue.gif
all that ramming does tbh is slow me down, but then when in a 3-4 way with just my friends, it's every man for himself. against anyone else, i try to not even touch their car (i don't like to offend).
PMEmail Poster
Chomite
Posted: Jul 4 2007, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 334

sad.gif CA is too far away from where I live. Why can't they have one in Vancouver!!!!

I'm so disappointed...Please, somebody take a cam and post some vids and pics from expo @_@!
wangan_sti
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 01:08 AM
Quote Post

gud boi.

Member No.: 328

If you ask me im really am a drity player sometimes, trying to ram cars onto the wall
Just wish they would just make an international tournament
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Zanaduz
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

I just drive; if I tap the opponent, then so be it... If he taps/shoves me into a wall, then he's merely given me an excuse to do the same. Still, I like seeing the faces of raw newbies after they thought they rammed me into losing, only to see my car rapidly catch up... heh.
PMEmail Poster
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Member No.: 194

That must be because they race with Boost
PMEmail PosterMSN
Zanaduz
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

If they were foolish enough to race me without boost... then I'd pass them once, and never see them in front of me again... >:D
PMEmail Poster
Chomite
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

So how many people from our fourm will be rep in CA?
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

QUOTE (Zanaduz @ Today at 8:00 AM)
If they were foolish enough to race me without boost... then I'd pass them once, and never see them in front of me again... >:D

Mmmi never race with the Boost I hate it i prefer a good old Brawl
PMEmail PosterMSN
Chomite
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (tofu_boy86 @ Today at 8:02 AM)
Mmmi never race with the Boost I hate it i prefer a good old Brawl

If you race with boost, it just seems like you are a noob...you know? And sometimes when you make mistake when you were ahead of some noob by 100~200m, he just passes on you and win. That is most rediculous thing I ever experienced and sweared never to play boost on. But in Initial D, you can have boost on or whatever, you need skills to go around that corner so even with boost, it hard for novices to catch up with experienced players.
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

QUOTE (Chomite @ Today at 8:15 AM)
If you race with boost, it just seems like you are a noob...you know? And sometimes when you make mistake when you were ahead of some noob by 100~200m, he just passes on you and win. That is most rediculous thing I ever experienced and sweared never to play boost on. But in Initial D, you can have boost on or whatever, you need skills to go around that corner so even with boost, it hard for novices to catch up with experienced players.

Why did the programers have to add the boost System
PMEmail PosterMSN
Chomite
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

I couldn't agree more, but I guess this is for the newbies so it can't be helped. But getting back to the question, just how many people are going to CA from our forum?
Zanaduz
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Regarding the boost system in WMMT vs the one in IDAS:

In IDAS, the boost works by giving the person behind an acceleration increase and decrease in turning radius. It basically makes the person who's behind have a car better than they would normally, but they still have to overtake by going faster than the opponent.

In WMMT, the boost works on a more simple method: Simply put, it pushes the disadvantaged player forwards. If both players pay close attention to their speeds in a boost-on game, this becomes plainly obvious: Even though the disadvantaged player is often travelling at a slower indicated speed than the leader, they (assuming that the speed difference isn't HUGE) will be closing on the leader.

So trying to compare WMMT and IDAS on their boost is like trying to compare apples and oranges; they just can't really be compared at all...
PMEmail Poster
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

QUOTE (Zanaduz @ Today at 8:37 AM)

In IDAS, the boost works by giving the person behind an acceleration increase and decrease in turning radius. It basically makes the person who's behind have a car better than they would normally, but they still have to overtake by going faster than the opponent.

In WMMT, the boost works on a more simple method: Simply put, it pushes the disadvantaged player forwards. If both players pay close attention to their speeds in a boost-on game, this becomes plainly obvious: Even though the disadvantaged player is often travelling at a slower indicated speed than the leader, they (assuming that the speed difference isn't HUGE) will be closing on the leader.

So trying to compare WMMT and IDAS on their boost is like trying to compare apples and oranges; they just can't really be compared at all...

So thats how it works. blink.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
Chomite
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Zanaduz @ Today at 8:37 AM)

Wow, you are smart;; So that's the hidden difference. I didn't notice that before. I will pay more close attention to it next time I battle.
dv8raptor
Posted: Jul 5 2007, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 339

I went and represented!!!

If you guys wanna see the photos I took at AX (sorry none are of me racing ) sad.gif . you can go to....

myspace.com/dv8raptor and add me if you have a profile smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll