Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
> Bayshore Route, The real Japan Bayshore Route
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 13 2012, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

While I think the opening post of this thread is absurd, I guess it's okay that it developed into something worthy of conversation. So I'll at least share that I have an in-car video of a Supra doing over 330 km/h on the 'Wangan'. I'll have to check back on it and find out specifically which section it was since it was many years ago and my memory of the event has faded.

In any case, my little contribution. I would consider uploading the video for everyone to see except that I would need to fulfill the following criteria:

1.) The video must be available to me (it's on my desktop on the other side of the country right now).
2.) The video must reveal no license plates of vehicles associated with the persons who took the video.
3.) The person who actually did the filming must approve of my uploading it.

I'll see if I can at least get #1 taken care of by FTP or something, but if there are plates I'll have to figure out how the heck to edit them and I'm not gonna do that on a netbook. laugh.gif Thankfully I'm still acquainted with the filmer so #3 shouldn't be a problem if #2 is taken care of. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 13 2012, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,996

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ Today, 7:36 PM)
The "real" Devil Z and Blackbird part of the MC?

the red 280ZX and the whine red 964 porsche turbo

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by S12 Drifter on May 13 2012, 06:04 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Wanderer
Posted: May 13 2012, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

Member No.: 6,920

QUOTE (S12 Drifter @ Today, 7:02 PM)

user posted image

user posted image

:facepalm:

I should have specified. I meant the specific vehicle used by said racer, and if they where part of MC.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 13 2012, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

E P I C D A N K M E M E S

Member No.: 7,803

Wait, the 'real' Devil Z was a Midnight Blue S30, right? Unless I've been believing it wrong, that it's another color.

One more thing, what is the relation, Wangan Midnight based on the real Devil Z, or the Devil Z based on Wangan Midnight?
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 14 2012, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Yesterday, 11:31 PM)
Wait, the 'real' Devil Z was a Midnight Blue S30, right? Unless I've been believing it wrong, that it's another color.

One more thing, what is the relation, Wangan Midnight based on the real Devil Z, or the Devil Z based on Wangan Midnight?

i believe this was the REAL devil Z it was painted a few other colors including dark bule, white and dark red. it's hit 186mph before.

[ Post merged on May 14 2012, 03:22 AM ]
QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Yesterday, 11:31 PM)

the Devil Z came first, then wangan midnight
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Wanderer
Posted: May 14 2012, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

QUOTE (S12 Drifter @ Today, 4:19 AM)
i believe this was the REAL devil Z it was painted a few other colors including dark bule, white and dark red. it's hit 186mph before.

[ Post merged on May 14 2012, 03:22 AM ]

the Devil Z came first, then wangan midnight

I'm guessing painted because of all the crashing it's done, right? Now I'm intrigued to find out which parts of Wangan Midnight are accounts of true events.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 14 2012, 04:04 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 36 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
I'm guessing painted because of all the crashing it's done, right? Now I'm intrigued to find out which parts of Wangan Midnight are accounts of true events.

Either Michiharu Kusunoki (the author of WM) personally knew some of the members of MC or even the Z driver himself, or he went to observe the MC's meetups in secret. I could be wrong, so someone correct me on this matter if I am.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 14 2012, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,446

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 4:56 PM)
While I think the opening post of this thread is absurd, I guess it's okay that it developed into something worthy of conversation. So I'll at least share that I have an in-car video of a Supra doing over 330 km/h on the 'Wangan'. I'll have to check back on it and find out specifically which section it was since it was many years ago and my memory of the event has faded.

In any case, my little contribution. I would consider uploading the video for everyone to see except that I would need to fulfill the following criteria:

1.) The video must be available to me (it's on my desktop on the other side of the country right now).
2.) The video must reveal no license plates of vehicles associated with the persons who took the video.
3.) The person who actually did the filming must approve of my uploading it.

I'll see if I can at least get #1 taken care of by FTP or something, but if there are plates I'll have to figure out how the heck to edit them and I'm not gonna do that on a netbook. laugh.gif Thankfully I'm still acquainted with the filmer so #3 shouldn't be a problem if #2 is taken care of. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks. wink2.gif

[ Post merged on May 14 2012, 04:29 AM ]
QUOTE (S12 Drifter @ Yesterday, 6:02 PM)

user posted image

user posted image

Where and when was the picture taken? thumbsup.gif
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 14 2012, 05:10 AM
Quote Post

Since we're talking about the Wangan here, are there tollbooths that let you pass by instantly instead of having to stop at the toll gates?
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 14 2012, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

If I remember correctly- yes you can get an E pass, however the congestion that builds up before the toll booth is reason enough to slow down. It would be suicidally impossible to try to thread the needle into the E pass lane considering you normally can't tell exactly how much traffic has built up before the booths, not to mention your car would be photographed as it smashed by and the toll areas are great places for police to wait and watch the behavior of motorists. Obviously if you're traveling in a group of high performance cars in the middle of the night there's probably something up.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 15 2012, 03:59 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

The fun thing is that, if I'm recalling correctly, the E-pass device looks like a floppy drive. laugh.gif I remember searching for something on an SVX for reference and seeing a floppy drive in one. It ended up being related to the system for using the metro expressway.

Speaking of which, I got permission to upload that video! So enjoy!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLpsDb71g2c )
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 15 2012, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Intense!
The Bayshore route main function is to reduce congestion around Tokyo especially Yokohane Route, only the Midnight Club use it as a circuit racing. By the way, the Midnight club spells as Midnight Club or Mid Night Club? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by ryo510 on May 15 2012, 05:36 AM
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 15 2012, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ryo510 @ 41 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Intense!
The Bayshore route main function is to reduce congestion around Tokyo especially Yokohane Route, only the Midnight Club use it as a circuit racing. By the way, the Midnight club spells as Midnight Club or Mid Night Club? unsure.gif

Not circuit racing exactly, 'cause it's one hell of a long loop if you're going to consider it a circuit, but formalities aside, the essence is there.

If I'm not mistaken, the latter is used.
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 15 2012, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

Was the a Supra part of MC as well?

This post has been edited by ATRUM_Neto on May 15 2012, 07:56 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
The J
Posted: May 15 2012, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 20 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
Was the a Supra part of MC as well?

the supra in the video is not a part of MC. That video was made long after the MC dissolved as you can tell from the models of cars they pass being post 99.

This post has been edited by The J on May 15 2012, 08:18 AM
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 15 2012, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Did a bit of searching, they had a variety of cars in the club, including imports like Ferraris and Porsches (like the 964 BlackBird above, if it's credible information). They also had local cars, like Zs (was the Devil Z really part of MC?), RX-7s, and also Supras. Apparently they had 70+ members in their prime, but growing law enforcement cut down that number.

More reading here.
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 15 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Today, 9:20 AM)
Did a bit of searching, they had a variety of cars in the club, including imports like Ferraris and Porsches (like the 964 BlackBird above, if it's credible information). They also had local cars, like Zs (was the Devil Z really part of MC?), RX-7s, and also Supras. Apparently they had 70+ members in their prime, but growing law enforcement cut down that number.

More reading here.

Gotta agree with one of the comments, this would make a good documentary of the now dead Wangan racing scene.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 15 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 7 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Gotta agree with one of the comments, this would make a good documentary of the now dead Wangan racing scene.

That's something worth doing, but then again, the racing scene in the Wangan only grew because of Mid Night Club, and the topic of the documentary will nevertheless redirect to the club, but that will be impossible, because none of the members, under any circumstances (except for that guy in Top Secret), would disclose anything about the club and their involvement after the incident. Well, we might have this one source, but it's not enough to cover the whole existence of MC. Post-MC, not also too sure about that.

tl;dr: No dice on a documentary, insufficient sources.
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 15 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Today, 5:04 PM)
That's something worth doing, but then again, the racing scene in the Wangan only grew because of Mid Night Club, and the topic of the documentary will nevertheless redirect to the club, but that will be impossible, because none of the members, under any circumstances (except for that guy in Top Secret), would disclose anything about the club and their involvement after the incident. Well, we might have this one source, but it's not enough to cover the whole existence of MC. Post-MC, not also too sure about that.

tl;dr: No dice on a documentary, insufficient sources.

Well lots id documentaries have "anonymous" sources, so as long as ex-members are willing to participate, I could see that happening. Captain J, could you at least divulge what model car your ex-MC acquaintance drove?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 15 2012, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 7 hours, 51 minutes ago)

Dead? I'm not so sure about that. My video was taken relatively recently, within half a decade. Do you have any sources or references for the so-called 'death' of Wangan racing?
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 15 2012, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 5:53 PM)
Dead? I'm not so sure about that. My video was taken relatively recently, within half a decade. Do you have any sources or references for the so-called 'death' of Wangan racing?

Perhaps dead wasn't the correct description. As for references, all I have is the bit of research I did years ago, as well as the lack of current videos when I was looking for them. No actual info from actual drivers, so you can be the judge of my statement. Perhaps it's better to say that it's not as popular as it once was?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 15 2012, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Enforcement, especially by way of online videos and such, has increased. Not to mention, I doubt very many people film their runs and share them freely anymore. So rather than say 'dead', I'll say that they've merely become quieter.

I highly doubt anything is really going to kill the scene. People will still race.
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 16 2012, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

I95 is the new wangan laugh.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by S12 Drifter on May 16 2012, 07:21 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 16 2012, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (S12 Drifter @ 6 hours, 24 minutes ago)
I95 is the new wangan laugh.gif tongue.gif

You spelled 405 wrong. whistling.gif
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 17 2012, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

I have a question, most of the cars fiction or not that capable to perform 300km/h on Wangan Route(even the Devil Z) have 800 HP or more. They're great but with plain color, no vinyls, no neon lights and no big stereo. I'm asking if there are cars with mods like the ones we can make in Need For Speed: Underground ever exist on the Wangan Route? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSHefnVVB4c

This post has been edited by ryo510 on May 17 2012, 07:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 4 Pages  1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll