Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
> Bayshore Route, The real Japan Bayshore Route
Lorenzo*
Posted: May 22 2012, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,205

sorry dont understand ur little internet jokes. if MC raced to see who was the fastest then there must be someone who was the fastest when the club disbanded. i dont understand why that so funny id like to kow who(its ok if it secret, i said its just curiosity) or what car or what speed was the fastest on the wangan; whos the best?

if u dont know then shh, if u do and u cant say it outloud for reasons i understand

This post has been edited by Lorenzo* on May 22 2012, 11:01 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
The J
Posted: May 22 2012, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

I honestly don't have first hand knowledge who is the fastest. I don't think there will ever be a consensus either. A lot of people have told me over the years who's the fastest- oh it's a Bugatti Veyron; oh it's a 1700 hp Drag Supra; It's a Mercedes SLR with Nitrous. The list goes on. It's impossible for me to verify any of these since I haven't actually seen the cars in question and the stories often come from Japanese men who I've treated to way too many drinks reminiscing about a time when they were young and we know how that can make the mind flexible when it comes to the truth.
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 22 2012, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,996

it doesnt matter who's the fastest because there will ALWAYS be someone faster then you. thats that truth, accept it.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Exqlusive
Posted: May 22 2012, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 6,336

Lol, the reason why this forum is dead is because illiterate morons like these keep joining.
PM
rx-666
Posted: May 23 2012, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,627

yeah i want to see a graph of who knows anything in general, whose knowledge is based solely off this cartoon and a couple youtube videos, and who even owns a car.
PMEmail Poster
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: May 23 2012, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,552

I know nothing and own no cars.

I don't even have a license.
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 23 2012, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

Member No.: 6,920

I too, am in Seiji's boat.

Of course he really isn't in that boat, and I'm only in the "no car" section of said boat.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: May 23 2012, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,552

Oh, I was just jokin' cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 23 2012, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

QUOTE (The J @ Yesterday, 9:20 AM)
I mean Ryo's last post where he's talking about police not saying anything about speeding tickets or some such. I think you're referring to Benevolence's last post, the point of which I completely agree with: The police in Malaysia have nothing of anything to do with this thread.

I hate to 'bad-mouth' a moderator, especially one who I consider a good friend off of the forums, but I have to correct you. I was, in fact, referring directly to Ryo's post. Please read the first 'paragraph' of his post over.

QUOTE (ryo510)
Police force in Malaysia did not say anything about speeding ticket. I've asked some of them and they seems don't know about it. So I think whether the record has to be kept in secret or the people I asked did not even know.

You see, he is saying that he's trying to talk to the police in his native country about something in Japan. Not only is that a ridiculous concept in and of itself, but then proceeding to discuss the beliefs of his local police force is wholly irrelevant to the thread. That is the point Benovelence (you do know it's spelled 'Benevolence' don't you?) was trying to make, albeit without all of the abusive language.

Now, on to the topic of how this forum has 'died' due to 'illiterates'. Despite how illiterate someone may be, at least they're trying to spur activity. I'd hardly call that 'dead'. I'm not going to bother with RX-666's comment because it's ridiculous and poorly phrased mathematically speaking. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 23 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

No worries Don, I see it now. Sometimes it's hard to figure out who's talking about what when half the posts are filled with Engrish and most of the others are filled with nonsense.

This post has been edited by The J on May 23 2012, 04:50 PM
PMEmail Poster
Lorenzo*
Posted: May 23 2012, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,205

any news if there are other clubs like mc around? not just in japan?
Kitami Jun
Posted: May 5 2013, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 5,565

I'm sorry to bring back an old thread, but I feel that I need to, as either Mr. J is misinformed, or not telling the truth.

My name is Steve Neill, and I am not only the main contributor to the Wiki article, but also the author of the Cardomain article, the YouTube user of the most popular MNC video on YT, and friends with numerous members of the club. I also work for a company run by some members (whose names I won't divulge) called Kuruma Shashin. Please look us up on FB!

Myself and a colleague named Dan Levkov are the only Gaijin outside of the club in the world, to have privy information shared with. We are aware of the names of all members, but personally only keep in touch with a few "top dogs" who respect us as much as we do them, so while I cannot divulge much about the members, I can correct some things here.

A bit about me; I have been a member of this forum now for a couple of years, and rarely posted. I tend to keep to myself, and I haven't visited it in awhile. I only passed by now as I did a search for the club on google, and this was in the results. I too (like all of you) am into WM, because it is very loosely inspired by the real Mid Night Club. My first experience with the real club was when I was 6, and they passed my mothers rental car at top speed on Wangan at about 4AM. Ever since, I've been enamored and continue to be surprised by new stories I am told, and cool new modifications being added to existing cars. My friends within the team are kind, and all seem to respect me as well. Perhaps it is because I am straightforward, and keep their identities anonymous.

"The J" mentioned that perhaps Smokey was part of the club. Kazuhiko Nagata was not part of Mid Night. In fact, he applied to be a member in the early 90's only to be denied due to reckless driving. He's a kind fellow, and he built TS out of spite. Nothing wrong with that.

The J also mentioned that the club no longer exists. This is extremely false. Not only does the team still exist, but they still race on Wangan regularly. Since the demolition of Yatabe, this is the only place besides a circuit to test their cars, and as everyone knows, they are only into "Maximum Velocity", so them racing on ancircuit does not allow for that. So Wangan-sen is their only viable alternative.

They still actively meet as a full team every 6 months for a dinner, and meet casually on small sections of the Tokyo Expressway system to race. It is unannounced, and entirely spontaneous. They have in no way disbanded, nor has any member left. They simply no longer accept new members.

The Air Breathing Research Hosoki S130Z and the 930 Yoshida Special shown above were the basis for Wangan Midnight. They were the team leader cars. Over time, leadership was passed down. It now belongs to someone else, who will remain anonymous.

There is also a real "Blackbird" 930, ironically enough owned by a Surgeon. It utilizes the turbo setup from Ayrton Senna's McLaren MP4/4, which makes it a priceless car. The real Devil Z is the Speed Shop Shinohara car. It is hidden away however. These cars were both used in the 1991 movie, and have been massively modified since, to well over 600PS each.

If anyone has any questions about the club, they can email me at shutoexpress@gmail.com, and I will answer them to the best of my abilities. The club would prefer that disinformation or lies are not told about them, as every lie told leaves the door open for disrespect or a trail of following disinformation. The club is happy to share their cars with the world as well and they are no longer in hiding as a club. Only as individuals do they remain anonymous. I'm sure you can all understand how false statements, exaggeration or lies can make them concerned with their image.

Please don't hesitate to drop me an email, with any questions.

I just wanted to clear this all up.

Regards,
S. Neill.

[ Post merged on May 5 2013, 02:51 AM ]
Also I apologize if I offended anyone, as that was not my intent at all. Any spelling mistakes were made due to me replying via an iPhone, so apologies for that as well.
The J
Posted: May 7 2013, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

I apologize as well if what I iterated was not the truth, I meant no disrespect. Perhaps I was misinformed. I can chat over email over who I know so we can clear some things up. Much of the information I got that wasn't open source was from old Japanese men who were part of one team or another or did race on the Tomei and Expressway or were engine builders who knew a guy etc.. I was given some decent leads and when I talked to a few other people they knew, what I iterated was what they said. I was able to talk to a few people those old guys mentioned might have been affiliated with the club before but obviously some of those rumours might not have been true and it's possible those men were exaggerating. If the club is still around more power to you guys. I'll be back from Tokyo tomorrow. Mr Neill- you have an email. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 11 2013, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,055

That is a great deal of good information there KJ; and I had to chuckle at much of the mis-information and use of Wangan Midnight references in the thread.

I have always heard that Nagata was part of the Mid Night Club, but I have no information backing that up besides the videos and text everyone has already read one million times over.

I have heard bits and pieces of information regarding the current 'scene' regarding racing on the Aqua Line and Bayshore routes. I know it is much smaller then it once was, comparatively dead to the 90s, but I had no idea people still held contest these days.

The Revolfe S.A/Pentroof meets along the Aqua Line attract a lot of nice cars, and from what I've scene in video/blogs/photos, Tatsumi PA is kicking these days too.

There are still people in Japan that strive to keep the scene alive, thankfully. It's not nearing as aggressive and reckless as it once was.

Mike

PMEmail Poster
JDMMA70
Posted: Jun 19 2013, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 123

I think i have picture of that 280ZX on my computer somewhere.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 4 Pages  « 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll