Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Formula One 2013
PMCD
Posted: Jan 4 2013, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

EVA-02

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,620

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsNkW8WmMs )

Now that the 2013 Formula One Season is closing in, is anyone getting pumped and excited??!! laugh.gif I hope that i am not the only one..
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: Jan 5 2013, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,053

I kinda am, but for now I'm focusing on the NFL playoffs (which just started today) and all of the college football bowl games.

I'll be at the USGP in November though! biggrin.gif
PM
Antares
Posted: Jan 5 2013, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

Member No.: 8,468

Even though my idol Schumi has finally put things to rest in F1, I'm still excited for this season! I wonder if Hamilton's switch to Mercedes would produce as good results as his time with McLaren, or if Perez's potential as a driver finally yield results with McLaren.

More importantly though, would Vettel make it a straight fourth or would someone pull off a C-C-C-Combo Breaker on him and Red Bull this year? biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PMCD
Posted: Jan 6 2013, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ Yesterday, 5:05 PM)
I kinda am, but for now I'm focusing on the NFL playoffs (which just started today) and all of the college football bowl games.

I'll be at the USGP in November though! biggrin.gif

You're ready for Austin? I'm deciding whether to roll down to Malaysia (Sepang GP), or to the Singtel GP (Singapore). I'll be excited for the new lineups, pretty sad that HRT is out of the game, and my two underdog favorites are out.. (Kamui Kobayashi/Bruno Senna).
PM
Rotary Tuner
Posted: Jan 6 2013, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

E P I C D A N K M E M E S

Member No.: 7,803

I'm more of a Le Mans nut though... but do tell me, is Schumacher still going to race this year?
PMEmail Poster
PMCD
Posted: Jan 6 2013, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

QUOTE (Antares @ 8 hours, 31 minutes ago)
Even though my idol Schumi has finally put things to rest in F1, I'm still excited for this season! I wonder if Hamilton's switch to Mercedes would produce as good results as his time with McLaren, or if Perez's potential as a driver finally yield results with McLaren.

More importantly though, would Vettel make it a straight fourth or would someone pull off a C-C-C-Combo Breaker on him and Red Bull this year? biggrin.gif

I think it would do good for Sauber as Sergio Perez is in the Top 10 for the Drivers' Championship. Though the retirement of Michael Schumacher is bittersweet, bitter in the sense that he shouldn't have come back due to his losses, and sweet in the sense that even his performance wasn't that spectacular, we were able to see the 7 time World Champion gallop again once more.

P.S. Raikkonen </3

A lot of people are rooting for Alonso nowadays.. and here i am.. waiting for Bruno to come back and re-ignite the spark that he got from his uncle.

[ Post merged on Jan 6 2013, 06:37 AM ]
QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ 7 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
I'm more of a Le Mans nut though... but do tell me, is Schumacher still going to race this year?

"I've decided to retire by the end of the year.. but at some time.. it is good to say goodbye, and now it may be a forever.."

10/04/12 during a press con

I shed a tear during that time, i was hoping that one day i could just meet him... legends you know.. i should have took the opportunity to meet my father's favorite too, Mika Hakkinen.
PM
PMCD
Posted: Jan 9 2013, 04:17 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

I just watched Senna (2011) right now... it's pretty sad... i cried a bit at the end..
PM
Antares
Posted: Jan 9 2013, 04:49 AM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (PMCD @ Jan 6 2013, 10:34 PM)
"I've decided to retire by the end of the year.. but at some time.. it is good to say goodbye, and now it may be a forever.."

10/04/12 during a press con

I shed a tear during that time, i was hoping that one day i could just meet him... legends you know.. i should have took the opportunity to meet my father's favorite too, Mika Hakkinen.

I actually share the same favorite driver as your dad: Mika Hakkinen.
Michael Schumacher may be my idol, but Mika would always be my all-time favorite.

I remember back in '98 and '99 where I would always root for Mika and my dad would root for Michael during their last lap duels, I also remember crying once when Mika was overtaken by Michael and ultimately lost the race.

Good times, good legends and good memories. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Antares on Jan 9 2013, 04:50 AM
PMCD
Posted: Jan 9 2013, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

QUOTE (Antares @ 20 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
I actually share the same favorite driver as your dad: Mika Hakkinen.
Michael Schumacher may be my idol, but Mika would always be my all-time favorite.

I remember back in '98 and '99 where I would always root for Mika and my dad would root for Michael during their last lap duels, I also remember crying once when Mika was overtaken by Michael and ultimately lost the race.

Good times, good legends and good memories. smile.gif

That was the era where there was no DRS, no KERS... just pure balls. Jacques Villeneuve, Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell, Roland Ratzenberger, Gerhard Berger, Mika Hakkinen, Michael Schumacher, Keke Rosberg... ah....

This is just getting me pumped up for Shanghai GP! Need to get my Visa fast!
PM
Antares
Posted: Jan 9 2013, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (PMCD @ 7 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
That was the era where there was no DRS, no KERS... just pure balls. Jacques Villeneuve, Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell, Roland Ratzenberger, Gerhard Berger, Mika Hakkinen, Michael Schumacher, Keke Rosberg... ah....

This is just getting me pumped up for Shanghai GP! Need to get my Visa fast!

That was also the era where the old V12 and V10 engines put out massive amounts of horsepower that sends engines of today crying in a corner. The aces of that era were just going balls in at every corner they attack.
Benovelence
Posted: Jan 9 2013, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

new tech? KERS? DRS?

i loled....FIA we want 1000+hp F1 machine!!!
PMEmail Poster
Antares
Posted: Jan 9 2013, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (Benovelence @ 1 hour, 15 minutes ago)
new tech? KERS? DRS?

i loled....FIA we want 1000+hp F1 machine!!!

We better hope 2014's turbo engines go past 1000HP again. biggrin.gif
PMCD
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

EVA-02

QUOTE (Antares @ Jan 9 2013, 06:17 PM)
We better hope 2014's turbo engines go past 1000HP again. biggrin.gif

Lol, forget it. Something i read in Wikipedia.

"The FIA has announced the intention to change the 2.4-litre V8 engines to 1.6 litre V6 turbo engines including energy recovery systems [15] and containing fuel flow restrictions, in order to make Formula One more environmentally aware and to attract more commercial partners for 2014. The engines would also be limited to 15,000 rpm. In addition to the current suppliers, a new company, Propulsion Universelle et Recuperation d'Energie (PURE), has been founded to produce the 2014-specification engines, in the ex Toyota F1 base in Cologne.[16] The new formula is set to reintroduce turbocharged engines, which last appeared in 1988, have their efficiency improved by turbo-compounding and introduce more energy recovery systems – with power to be harvested from the brakes and exhaust gases.[17] The original proposal for four-cylinder turbocharged engines was not welcomed by the racing teams, in particular Ferrari. Adrian Newey stated during the 2011 European Grand Prix that the change to a V6 enables teams to carry the engine as a stressed member, whereas an inline 4 would have required a space frame. A compromise was reached to adopt V6 turbocharged engines instead.[17]"

V6? f**k. Bring back the turbocharged V12s.
PM
Antares
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (PMCD @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)

"The FIA has announced the intention to change the 2.4-litre V8 engines to 1.6 litre V6 turbo engines including energy recovery systems [15] and containing fuel flow restrictions, in order to make Formula One more environmentally aware and to attract more commercial partners for 2014. The engines would also be limited to 15,000 rpm. In addition to the current suppliers, a new company, Propulsion Universelle et Recuperation d'Energie (PURE), has been founded to produce the 2014-specification engines, in the ex Toyota F1 base in Cologne.[16] The new formula is set to reintroduce turbocharged engines, which last appeared in 1988, have their efficiency improved by turbo-compounding and introduce more energy recovery systems – with power to be harvested from the brakes and exhaust gases.[17] The original proposal for four-cylinder turbocharged engines was not welcomed by the racing teams, in particular Ferrari. Adrian Newey stated during the 2011 European Grand Prix that the change to a V6 enables teams to carry the engine as a stressed member, whereas an inline 4 would have required a space frame. A compromise was reached to adopt V6 turbocharged engines instead.[17]"

"containing fuel flow restrictions"
"limited to 15,000 rpm"
"introduce more energy recovery systems"

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THOSE!? WHERE ARE THE V12s AND V10s!? laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

Oh well, if the races can still be exciting then I guess one can easily forget about the engines getting smaller...and less manlier
Benovelence
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

QUOTE (PMCD @ 2 hours, 12 minutes ago)

FIA is being gayer than a bunch of french gay couple making out in the public..seriously it is...

Gee i think big engines are being phased out...no more V12's? V10's? geez even Nissan and Toyota are not making a new gen Inline 6's anymore..seen as "inferior" to V6's and stuff...

This post has been edited by Benovelence on Jan 11 2013, 06:34 PM
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,725

1000HP? Lets get some real engines and horsepower up in this thread:
9ogcnwTk0P4

This post has been edited by PanzerAce on Jan 11 2013, 07:21 PM
PMEmail Poster
PMCD
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 05:55 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

QUOTE (Antares @ Yesterday, 5:49 PM)
"containing fuel flow restrictions"
"limited to 15,000 rpm"
"introduce more energy recovery systems"

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THOSE!? WHERE ARE THE V12s AND V10s!? laugh2.gif laugh2.gif

Oh well, if the races can still be exciting then I guess one can easily forget about the engines getting smaller...and less manlier

Oh, you thought that was worse?

They plan to increase the KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) from an 80 HP boost (60kw) to 160 HP boost (120kw)

"As of 2014, the power capacity of the KERS units will increase from 60 kilowatts (80 bhp) to 120 kilowatts (160 bhp). This will be to balance the sport's move from 2.4 litre V8 engines to 1.6 litre V6 engines.[18]"

Damn it, FIA. Going Green? What the f**k.

This post has been edited by PMCD on Jan 12 2013, 05:56 AM
PM
Antares
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (PMCD @ 14 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Oh, you thought that was worse?

They plan to increase the KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) from an 80 HP boost (60kw) to 160 HP boost (120kw)

"As of 2014, the power capacity of the KERS units will increase from 60 kilowatts (80 bhp) to 120 kilowatts (160 bhp). This will be to balance the sport's move from 2.4 litre V8 engines to 1.6 litre V6 engines.[18]"

Damn it, FIA. Going Green? What the f**k.

Oh dear, so I guess straight battles are now determined on how the drivers use the power from the KERS flywheel...raw high-speed engine performance now just becomes a minor factor in straight line overtakes.

Man, and I was excited to see the return of turbo engines in F1...
PMCD
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

QUOTE (Antares @ 7 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Oh dear, so I guess straight battles are now determined on how the drivers use the power from the KERS flywheel...raw high-speed engine performance now just becomes a minor factor in straight line overtakes.

Man, and I was excited to see the return of turbo engines in F1...

I shall continuously wait for the day for the V12 turbochargers to come back.. though it is getting very dim..
PM
Antares
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (PMCD @ 14 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
I shall continuously wait for the day for the V12 turbochargers to come back.. though it is getting very dim..

Try watching Goodwood, V12s aren't likely to return with the way the FIA is going...
PMCD
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

Currently ecstatic because Lotus F1 is comng to the Philippines! *sorry for bump*

10 days more before the start of the Formula 1 2013 season at the Australian GP.
Really have high hopes for Van der Garde and Lewis who is a new transferee at Mercedes-Petronas F1..
PM
Antares
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

QUOTE (PMCD @ 1 hour, 52 minutes ago)
Currently ecstatic because Lotus F1 is comng to the Philippines! *sorry for bump*

10 days more before the start of the Formula 1 2013 season at the Australian GP.
Really have high hopes for Van der Garde and Lewis who is a new transferee at Mercedes-Petronas F1..

I really think Lewis will be back in winning form this year, his being on rocky terms with the McLaren team last season affected his performance in some way. He seems to be happier with the Silver Arrows though, and that would surely help a lot.
Geo
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

Let's face it, the world of hypercars has already converted to using hybrid (albeit insane ones) engines. F1 was always going to go smaller. Turbo cars won't sound as nice but it'll still keep the edge to watching it.
PMEmail PosterMSN
PMCD
Posted: Mar 11 2013, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

McLaren leaves door open for Honda Engines on 2015.

Could we see a re-birth of the Senna-Prost era?
PM
Benovelence
Posted: Mar 11 2013, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

well honda has always been a good engine dev's..what they need now is extra exposure..atm renault and mercedes is 2 biggest supplier for the f1 teams..if i was right...
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll