Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

72 Pages  « 67 68 69 70 71 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> What does everyone drive ?, well....
WRX22B1998
Posted: May 22 2015, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

nothing too interesting lmao
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 870 x 682. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

'02 model ... my dad has a work ute now so i have this whistling.gif

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jun 5 2015, 04:45 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
UbeR
Posted: May 24 2015, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 9,098

QUOTE (The J @ May 22 2015, 05:23 PM)
I dunno man, a reliable car is still a REAL car. I was referring to Max Tune cars as not real cars. wink2.gif

Looks professional but this was literally a spur of the moment shoot.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 764. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Awesome photo!

I don't own a car but I'd love to own a MX-5 NA (1989 - 1997)

right now I'm driving my mother's toyota avalon for my learners (1st gen mk2)
PM
Ryuji_Himura
Posted: Jun 4 2015, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Solo Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,084

Currently driving my father's Honda Civic during my learners (1998 Sedan)

I haven't owned a car

This post has been edited by Ryuji_Himura on Jun 5 2015, 08:14 AM
PM
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Jul 16 2015, 03:10 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

Member No.: 9,838

Might be a necrobump but its still OT.
user posted image
Its a 2004 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 7

This post has been edited by EdwardHeartsU on Jul 16 2015, 03:14 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PMCD
Posted: Jul 16 2015, 04:06 AM
Quote Post

EVA-02

Member No.: 8,620

QUOTE (EdwardHeartsU @ 56 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
Might be a necrobump but its still OT.
user posted image
Its a 2004 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 7

Any reliability issues on it whatsoever?
PM
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Jul 16 2015, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

QUOTE (PMCD @ 45 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Any reliability issues on it whatsoever?

I've only had it for about 9 months, nothing concerning performance since it is all stock (P Platers or provisional drivers in my country are not allowed to drive modified vehicles, turbo or V8 with a few exceptions such as my car), but the immobiliser and alarm have acted up a few times.

The immobiliser, though effective at deterring thieves, it can turn into a burden. Once I took off my seatbelt to collect a parking ticket, and 30 seconds later, the anti-hijack mode kicks in and shuts off my car's steering and engine because it thinks someone stole my car. It happened a few times, its annoying but the only thing I can do is turning the car off and starting it again by putting in my pin.

The alarm is extremely sensitive, so sensitive that heavy rain made my car's alarm go off. A loud rev from the owner of an Evo 7 next door triggers the alarm too. But other than that, the car gets me from A to B, has a sporty look and feel to it so I can't say I'm not happy because its a good car to drive.
The J
Posted: Jul 16 2015, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

QUOTE (EdwardHeartsU @ 7 hours, 59 minutes ago)
I've only had it for about 9 months, nothing concerning performance since it is all stock (P Platers or provisional drivers in my country are not allowed to drive modified vehicles, turbo or V8 with a few exceptions such as my car), but the immobiliser and alarm have acted up a few times.

The immobiliser, though effective at deterring thieves, it can turn into a burden. Once I took off my seatbelt to collect a parking ticket, and 30 seconds later, the anti-hijack mode kicks in and shuts off my car's steering and engine because it thinks someone stole my car. It happened a few times, its annoying but the only thing I can do is turning the car off and starting it again by putting in my pin.

The alarm is extremely sensitive, so sensitive that heavy rain made my car's alarm go off. A loud rev from the owner of an Evo 7 next door triggers the alarm too. But other than that, the car gets me from A to B, has a sporty look and feel to it so I can't say I'm not happy because its a good car to drive.

I'm not a big Subaru enthusiast so I don't know but does your car have turbo? and what's the exception that lets you drive it? It just seems kinda arbitrary considering I keep hearing things of P platers had owned diesels with absurd power values too. I don't know if they closed that loophole. Very cool car to have though. I'd have been much happier driving that than my first car- poor Jetta Mk III, I still miss that car. crying2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Stavingo
Posted: Jul 16 2015, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

ey b0ss

Member No.: 9,901

Currently drive a Honda Accord Euro CU2, hoping to upgrade at the end of the year biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The J @ 2 hours, 8 minutes ago)
I'm not a big Subaru enthusiast so I don't know but does your car have turbo? and what's the exception that lets you drive it? It just seems kinda arbitrary considering I keep hearing things of P platers had owned diesels with absurd power values too. I don't know if they closed that loophole.  Very cool car to have though. I'd have been much happier driving that than my first car- poor Jetta Mk III, I still miss that car.  crying2.gif

In Australia they recently changed the laws if I remember correctly old legislation stated it was illegal to drive a petrol car with a turbo engine, but it was perfectly fine for a P plater to drive a V8 turbo as long as it diesel fuelled.

Now I'm pretty sure the law is something along the lines of power to weight ratio for the vehicle they drive.

Not a P plater anymore so someone whose on their P's can correct me

This post has been edited by Stavingo on Jul 16 2015, 03:01 PM
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Jul 19 2015, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

QUOTE (The J @ Jul 17 2015, 07:52 AM)
I'm not a big Subaru enthusiast so I don't know but does your car have turbo? and what's the exception that lets you drive it? It just seems kinda arbitrary considering I keep hearing things of P platers had owned diesels with absurd power values too. I don't know if they closed that loophole. Very cool car to have though. I'd have been much happier driving that than my first car- poor Jetta Mk III, I still miss that car. crying2.gif

Yes, the WRX is the base turbocharged model. However, the new restrictions run along the power to weight ratio, where my car weighs 1.4 tonnes and produces 168kW (it's a tiptronic) so it comes down to 121kW per tonne, under the 130kW/tonne restriction imposed.

I've managed to scratch the right side of the rear bumper today whilst parking :/

It is a good first car to have, I minimise how many times I am heavy on the gas pedal too as petrol is expensive and it's not as fuel efficient as my mum's car (I once went through the entire tank in 3 days and only travelled 130kms but I floored it a few times which explains it) and can only take 98 Octane (expensive at the moment).
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jul 20 2015, 12:04 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (The J @ Jul 17 2015, 07:52 AM)
I'm not a big Subaru enthusiast so I don't know but does your car have turbo? and what's the exception that lets you drive it? It just seems kinda arbitrary considering I keep hearing things of P platers had owned diesels with absurd power values too. I don't know if they closed that loophole.  Very cool car to have though. I'd have been much happier driving that than my first car- poor Jetta Mk III, I still miss that car.  crying2.gif

unless they've recently changed it, diesel are still exempt from restrictions. pretty stupid when you have stuff like Audi SQ5 making 230kW/650Nm (308hp/480 ft lb)
looks like they've changed the rules from before re diesel, i see vw touareg v8 diesel banned.

it used to be a blanket ban on all turbo/supercharged/8 or more cylinders so you'd get stuff like c180k's and golf tsi being banned.

and wow now even toyota aurion (basically a sportier looking camry) is banned rolleyes.gif

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/geared/your_car/...d_vehicles.html
http://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/sta...strictions.html

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jul 20 2015, 12:13 AM
N643
Posted: Jul 20 2015, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

Lol what's the point of getting your drivers when your government doesn't even want u to drive lol
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jul 20 2015, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (N643 @ 1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
Lol what's the point of getting your drivers when your government doesn't even want u to drive lol

once you have a regular license you can drive whatever you want (as long as you pay for reg/insurance) these restrictions are just for new drivers (first 3 years)

having said that i renewed my p's last time because it was gonna expire the next day and couldn't book in a time. doesn't really bother me lol my parents cars aren't banned laugh.gif
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Jul 26 2015, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ Jul 21 2015, 03:17 PM)
once you have a regular license you can drive whatever you want (as long as you pay for reg/insurance) these restrictions are just for new drivers (first 3 years)

having said that i renewed my p's last time because it was gonna expire the next day and couldn't book in a time. doesn't really bother me lol my parents cars aren't banned laugh.gif

Good luck for DQT, one of my friends who plays MT recently took his and told me about how bs it is compared to the Hazard Perception one.
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jul 26 2015, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (EdwardHeartsU @ 23 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Good luck for DQT, one of my friends who plays MT recently took his and told me about how bs it is compared to the Hazard Perception one.

thanks haha iam not gonna bother going for a while unless i end up buying a turbo car or something, don't need to renew til 2017

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jul 26 2015, 05:12 AM
Stavingo
Posted: Jul 26 2015, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

ey b0ss

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 9 hours, 2 minutes ago)
thanks haha iam not gonna bother going for a while unless i end up buying a turbo car or something, don't need to renew til 2017

DQT is not even hard, literally you just tap the screen do an action in a scenario e.g. Tap the screen when you want to turn right.
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Jul 27 2015, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

QUOTE (Stavingo @ Today, 9:11 AM)
DQT is not even hard, literally you just tap the screen do an action in a scenario e.g. Tap the screen when you want to turn right.

Isn't that the Hazard perception test?

The DQT is a quiz I'm pretty sure.
Stavingo
Posted: Jul 27 2015, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

ey b0ss

QUOTE (EdwardHeartsU @ Today, 4:03 AM)
Isn't that the Hazard perception test?

The DQT is a quiz I'm pretty sure.

Nope, there's no more then 5/10 questions and you're given 5 scenarios to tap the screen to do a particular action.
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Jul 28 2015, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

QUOTE (Stavingo @ Yesterday, 10:34 AM)
Nope, there's no more then 5/10 questions and you're given 5 scenarios to tap the screen to do a particular action.

Hurray I can rest easy for my DQT in...2 years
SatoSato
Posted: Aug 8 2015, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 10,339

The car isn't mine, but I commonly drive the Family's Mazda Familia 323. A bit rickety but it does the job.
PMEmail Poster
eruusorazaki
Posted: Aug 26 2015, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 8,739

I drive a Toyota Corolla AE101 no mods yet except for the wheels laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
ej1power
Posted: Sep 9 2015, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 395

man its been a looooong time since ive been on here!

Well to stay on topic, ive acquired a rather impressive Wangan Collection of cars for myself! not trying to brag but im very proud of my car accomplishments. i'll list them...

95 R33 GTR Widebody (650 on pump gas)
95 Impreza STI 22B built (RHD with rarer parts than meeting Smokey's illegitimate son!)
00 Lan Evo 6 (Real Deal)
03 Lan Evo 8 (516hp on pump gas)
09 RX8 R3 (en route from Canada still)
07 Mazdaspeed 3
00 MR2 Spyder
08 E92 335i

im in the process of trying to sell off the evo 8, bmw, mr2, and the speed3 so i can buy a porsche 911 964 to build into blackbird. keep your fingers crossed. now on to pics! (56k guys go elsewhere!)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Oct 20 2015, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

Sup Ej1, haven't seen you in forever. Sadly this forum doesn't seem to appreciate the real machines as much anymore. But I definitely do. Like you I've been busy building real cars and since Namco Bandai didn't decide to give the US anything after 3 and some of our best arcades went out of business, I'm content to be the custodian of the forums. I'm happy to see another person on the forum who seems just as insane as I am collecting cars.
PMEmail Poster
ej1power
Posted: Oct 23 2015, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

hey the J! yea, it was you and you getting the r32 that inspired me to keep going further down the rabbit hole lol.

i tried building up an evo 4 off a mirage and i got 80% done but found the real deal so i switched to that. then all the other cars you see from there. but ill let you in on a secret.......... i just snagged me a 1995 Porsche 911 carrera 4. im going the RWB route but paying Homage to Blackbird along the way.

Idk if you can see but all my Wangan worthy cars have the Wangan midnight decal on the back windows... its my small way to pay tribute to what inspired me the most!!
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Oct 23 2015, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Member No.: 10,078

You guys got far in life

Some of us still have ways to go laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
ej1power
Posted: Oct 24 2015, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

@deskyx na bro, i think i just finally got this far! i got tired of people telling me i could not make it as far as i have, so i took it upon myself and made it all happen
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 72 Pages  « 67 68 69 70 71 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll