Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

13 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Anime
Hara
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1

Late 2006 the Wangan Midnight Anime series was announced to be released Spring 2007. Any and all updates on the Wangan Midnight Anime will be posted here.

Update #3 6/19/07
- Wangan Midnight Anime Volume 1 DVD featuring the first two episodes of the Anime announced for realease on 2007/08/03

Update #3 5/17/07
- Wangan Midnight site created. Offical PPVJ WM Site

- New pictures added to the PPVJ Site.

- Shinichirō Miki confirmed as Tatsuya Shima's seiyu

Update #2 3/26/07
- More word from the announcement at the Tokyo Anime Fair 2007.

Wangan Midnight will be aired first on Animax on June 9th and 10th. Two episodes released each day. Later will be aired on Sky Perfect TV from June 15th. Episodes are on demand as said before for 840 Yen.

- Two episodes will be released at a time every 2 months. The Anime series plans for 26 episodes.

- As seen from the picture of the 240Z. The anime will integrate cell shading 3DCG with drawn animation. The same manner seen in Initial D Fourth Stage.

- Akio Asakura voice actor: Oguri Shun
- Reina Akikawa voice actor: Suho Reiko

- Keiichi Tsuchiya will be behind the automotive supervision in making of the anime.

GREAT NEWS
- A new section has been added to the gallery. Make sure to check it out.

Update #2 3/22/07
- OB Planning is the company creating the Wangan Midnight Anime. OB Planning is the same company who made Initial D. So we can expect to see 3DCG animation.

- Wangan Midnight will be released as Pay-Per-View. Later released on DVD.

Update #2 3/8/07
- Many anime sites have confirmed that the Wangan Midnight Anime release date is set for June 8th, 2007. This is still a tentative date.

Wangan Midnight will be aired on Sky Perfect TV and Animax.

Sources: Update #1 1/27/07
- At the moment the only info we have on the series is the general date when it will be aired.
When more info is announced on this upcoming series we will announce it here.

Sources:

http://www.animenewsservice.com/
http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/?of=3
http://www.ppvj.co.jp/anime/0706wanganmidnight/index.html
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Blazingluke
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

This is awesome news! I'm excited.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
MidNghtDvl
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 56

This is gonna be awesome! I only go into WM because it was something I hadn't played before. Now, anything about it is immediatley made my priority. But I do wonder who the english voices will be. And who will dub it. I hope ADV pick it up. I don't want Tokyopop to do it because they ruined Initial D. Good voice work, but they took Natsuki's 'private' life out and ruined the racing by having hip hop insead of the eurobeat.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about for now.
PMEmail Poster
Blazingluke
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

I think it depends on what music they use as to whether or not they'll change it. The stuff in Initial D was all owned by Avex, so it would have been expensive for them to get it and Tokyopop didn't think North America would like it anyway...

So I'd be afraid of Tokyopop getting this title too, but they don't make DVDs anymore. We have nothing to fear! happy.gif
Jon Michael
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Member No.: 65

So, apparently Kodansha posted a link to the Wangan Midnight anime but then removed the link asap for mysterious reasons. But, the release date is apparently June 8th, 2007. This isn't late for a release date announcement either, and the date is also posted on MOONPHASE. So, without being 100% certain...that's the date. We'll have to wait and see if they change it or anything.

I am really looking forward to this anime, tho. FINALLY, after waiting and waiting. I'll have something to keep me busy and fuel my love (now that Initial D 4th Stage is over and it'll be a while before another stage starts).
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Sunzabuto
  Posted: Mar 20 2007, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

Where do I find Sky Perfect TV and Animax? Are they on on demand? If not how do I watch them?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Hara
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

The two channels are aired in Japan. To get the channels outside of Japan im sure you would have to call your service provider and make a very special request.

There is a new update today and the anime will be aired as pay per view.

We will do everything possible to make sure this community is able to watch the anime. cool.gif
Blazingluke
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

I just read about it on ANN! So exciting!
ferrarimanf355
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 96

Hopefully, this gets licensed in the US... cool.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Hara
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 03:09 AM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

A new update and pictures for the gallery. Anime News Network has nothing on us now. cool.gif
Zanaduz
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

Looking at the pictures of the cast, I'm guessing that the cast goes as follows (in order from right): Shima Tatsuya, Akikawa Reina, and Takahashi Ko-chan (Kouichi?) (PS. for those of you who think I'm crazy and putting their names backwards, I'm not, and this is how names are said in Japan; family name goes first). None of them really struck me as being Asakura Akio... but maybe I'm just being picky. The only one I'm almost completely positive about is the actress for Reina (she's the only lady in the cast photos). The actor I thiought as being for Tatsuya I'm also semi-certain about, but I could be wrong. Anyways, if anyone has better feedback as to who is voicing whom, that'd be real cool.
PMEmail Poster
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Callsign: Chaser

Member No.: 4

Im not feeling the art style of the characters so far. Hopefully its subject to change.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Hara
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

I didnt list the people from left to right but it is the Executive producer, Keiichi Tsuchiya(supervisor), Suho Reiko (Reina Akikawa), and Oguri Shun (Akio Asakura).

Edit: I also am not especially liking the drawn style of the characters. It doesn't remind me much of the manga. Or the style seen in the Wangan Midnight games.
Kirova
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 34

Seeing Akio with brown hair and red jacket is indeed weird. pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif

Reina is a lil' bit okay for my taste, but with that appearance, she doesn't look like a chick who owns a 600hp tuned-R32 that can blast by you like you're going backwards laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Perhaps the characters remake (especially in clothing and haircut) is intended to make them more "updated" than their first '93 style so they are like, living in the present rather than in the earlier decade. That's IMO, and is arguable of course.

But still, this change is too radical, and everyone who plays WM games or read WM manga will instantly list this change as their turn-off on the very first sight.
PMEmail Poster
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 28 2007, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Well my thought is with a enough negative reaction they'll change the designs just like designs were changed in Initial D Fourth Stage.

Also the car they have up is WAY off. I hope that design is just something to tease the audience and the actual car in the anime is based off the original Devil Z
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Hara
Posted: Mar 28 2007, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

The difference between the manga and anime character design is huge. They could be two different characters. The art style of Michiharu Kusunoki is lost from what I see.

user posted image

user posted image
Sunzabuto
Posted: Mar 28 2007, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Still kinda confused about the diffrences, they both look the same to me, although the anime Akio looks tall as hell.....??
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Well the size isnt really the problem, seeing as most of the characters are drawn in a particular style. Michiharu Kusunoki's style is really in a world of its own. And as you read through the WM books from 1 to 26 and more you'll see the differences in his style. From what is seen in the character art for the show it doesnt even look he is doing the character designs.

The colors for Akio dont even match. His hair is darker and he wears a black jacket for preety much the whole series. He is usually seen in the white shirt/black jacket/blue jeans outfit for the whole series. Later he switches to a black shirt.

To me, IMO, it seems like there kinda borrowing style from ID. When I first saw the picture of Reina I thought of Kyoko Iwase.

Again time can only tell. The show isnt out yet.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Mar 29 2007, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

I'm still confused on how were gonna see the anime when it airs. Is someone gonna webcast it or put it on Youtube or something else. Does anyone know how people in the States are gonna be able to watch it?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Zanaduz
Posted: Mar 30 2007, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

QUOTE (Sunzabuto @ Yesterday at 9:23 PM)
I'm still confused on how were gonna see the anime when it airs. Is someone gonna webcast it or put it on Youtube or something else. Does anyone know how people in the States are gonna be able to watch it?

More than likely... it's never going to get released stateside. Maybe some unofficial translations MIGHT pop up if the series takes off. But that's assuming it does, and that they clean up the style of art IMO.
PMEmail Poster
HadesOmega
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 77

according to anime news network Shinchiro Miki will be playing Tatsuya Shima also, AKA Takumi

I don't mind them revamping the artwork I was never a big fan of the Wangan Midnight artwork in the first place.

This post has been edited by HadesOmega on Apr 2 2007, 02:12 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Hara
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

I'm sorry but where do you read that Shinchiro Miki will be playing as Tatsuya Shima? I've been to all over searching for news for the anime and I see nothing that says he will play as Tatsuya Shima.
HadesOmega
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 77

QUOTE (HadesOmega @ Today at 2:11 PM)
according to anime news network

its anime news network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Hara
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

I don't see anything about that in their news.
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Its listed here on the casting site. Is this true or not is yet to be seen. Just because ANN published it doesnt make it true.

Here is the link to the page.

Wangan Midnight Casting Credits
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

Topic Options 13 Pages  1 2 3 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll