Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Anime
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jun 3 2007, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 194

Yeah that Pisses me off when Initial D came out to the states the Price for FC's went from low to high.Just when i bought one!!!
PMEmail PosterMSN
BaZ
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 03:12 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

so june 8th has passed, and i assumed it aired already, so we got anything yet? screenshots? mini clips?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Sunzabuto
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (BaZ @ Today at 5:12 AM)
so june 8th has passed, and i assumed it aired already, so we got anything yet? screenshots? mini clips?

Yah, have'nt seen anything on YouTube yet.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
dubc35
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 218

The raw is out on Mininova, quality isn't the best (not bad, not great either @ 1600x900).

http://www.mininova.org/tor/745405
PMEmail PosterAOL
Hara
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Member No.: 1

Thank youdubc35. Like he said, the quality is not that great as a raw should be but its decent.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
TiburonWangan
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Hara @ Today at 1:54 PM)
Thank youdubc35. Like he said, the quality is not that great as a raw should be but its decent.

I just saw the raw, (downloaded the torrent)
Some great stuff. Shaping up to be some good anime.
Personally, I loved the musical choices they made for all of the themes and they captured the engine tones really well too.
PMEmail PosterAOL
dubc35
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

I only watched about 5 minutes or so (waiting for a fansub, I speak/understand only basic Japanese). From what I watched I also liked the music and engine sounds.
PMEmail PosterAOL
fairladyzlover
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 219

omg i hope this dosn't suck, i had the whole series (first series) untill my they where lost in a fire. now i only have movie #1 and 3 crying2.gif i hope this dosn't suck. i love the wangan movies especially because im a fairladyz s30 nut! ive had 4 in the past 6 years. man those where fun! as for the fears of the prices on the cars going up it's like all of you took the thoughts from my brain. z's are always gonna be around, and pricey( even for rustbucket ones) but don't worry about it. there are so many out there it's easy to find one. trust me! grin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
NW330
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 204

I watched the raw and couldn't understand what they were saying but kinda knew what was going on from reading the fan translations of the manga.

I didn't really like Akio's voice, but that's only because I always imagined it differently, so it's not a bad voice I just didn't expect it.

It seems like it'll be great though and I can't wait for more.
PMEmail PosterAOL
AK-Z
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Grumpy old guy :p

Member No.: 206

QUOTE (dubc35 @ Today at 12:30 PM)
The raw is out on Mininova, quality isn't the best (not bad, not great either @ 1600x900).

http://www.mininova.org/tor/745405

Haven't seen it yet (downloading). But I assume the quality isn't good from seeing that its only 180mb and the fact that the website (ANIMAX) states it to be an hour long.

EDIT: BTW can someone post the vid on youtube? My ISP cripples torrent traffic. So it will take me forever to download (2kbs. DAMN Clearwire).

Actually uploading it to crunchyroll.com would be better biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AK-Z on Jun 11 2007, 01:19 AM
PMEmail Poster
InitialD_
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 122

When is the 2nd episode coming out, as well as the ther episodes?
PMEmail Poster
InitialD_
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 122

The first episode has been posted on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...e&search=Search
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUr0ZwrjUkU

This post has been edited by InitialD_ on Jun 11 2007, 02:13 PM
PMEmail Poster
dubc35
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

fan sub e01 http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php type wangan midnight in the search bar

I'm downloading now but taking off for a bit so I'm not sure about quality, etc.

edit, oh I guess someone on this site is doing the fansubs, hehe

This post has been edited by dubc35 on Jun 11 2007, 04:21 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

Rather than searching Tokyotosho for it, here's the link to my group's torrent site:

One Man Fansub Group

I'll be subbing all the episodes as they come out. Also, there were some mistakes made in the subs. Here are the ones I caught after release:

Episode Title: The Devil Z
Kanji after intro: Several Months Earlier
@21:00: "That Asakura guy was famous on the Wangan until two years ago."

v2 of the subs will be released next week with the release of new raws. The series is released on a two-episodes-per-month basis, starting next weekend with episodes 1 and 2. Woot.
PMEmail Poster
MidNghtDvl
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 56

Man, that first ep was AWESOME!!!! Great voices, music and the those engine sounds!
The animation is top notch! If that's what a raw's like, I can't wait to see the good stuff!
I thought Reina would've had a race or appearance but I guess they don't want to rush all the content in the first few episodes.

Also, I thought Kou-chan had a grey series III, not a white one. Oh, well. Can't please them all.
PMEmail Poster
AK-Z
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Grumpy old guy :p

Member No.: 206

http://a.scarywater.net/omfg/%5BOMFG%5D_Wa...%5D.avi.torrent

Fansub guys.

This post has been edited by AK-Z on Jun 11 2007, 11:40 PM
PMEmail Poster
Renmazuo27
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM)
Rather than searching Tokyotosho for it, here's the link to my group's torrent site:

One Man Fansub Group

I'll be subbing all the episodes as they come out. Also, there were some mistakes made in the subs. Here are the ones I caught after release:

v2 of the subs will be released next week with the release of new raws. The series is released on a two-episodes-per-month basis, starting next weekend with episodes 1 and 2. Woot.

lovely...looking forward to next week then w00t2.gif. Looks like this anime series has been pretty well recieved..so far anyway, I thought people wouldn't start fan-subbing it till a few weeks after or maybe longer. They started popping up in this forum a day after the 1st ep was aired!! w00t2.gif
PMEmail Poster
dubc35
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

One Man Fansub Group

Awesome! Thanks a billion man! Are you on the IDW forums? Just wondering since the name is the same, or similar to a user there. fear2.gif
PMEmail PosterAOL
HCO
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 226

One Man Fansub Group

Hey man, just signed up to thank you. Being a player of the game, I've been looking forward to the anime, and was kinda worried it would slip under the radar of most fansubbers. Cheers.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

QUOTE (dubc35 @ Today at 8:07 AM)
Awesome! Thanks a billion man! Are you on the IDW forums? Just wondering since the name is the same, or similar to a user there. fear2.gif

You mean the strict adherence to spelling and grammar didn't give it away? Hahaha. Yes; though on IDW the name is "Phoenix Wright" now. I've posted it in the Wangan Anime thread there too.

HCO: You're more than welcome.
PMEmail Poster
BCNR33GTR_boi
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 228

Its pretty awesome that a fansub is out on the anime's opening night.... usually it takes forever and seeing as its definitley not as popular as initial d is (IMHO) i never thought it would get subbed. A Million Thanks anyway dude.

Looks real good and thouroughly enjoyed the anime however i do get a sense that its a lil rushed..... maybe its just me but i think what this has over initial D is that the engine notes are very close to what their ment to be. I noticed with ID that they were a little subdued to be quite tuned engines. Anyways thanks y'all
PMEmail Poster
Cecil Valiant
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 229

Hiya, im new to this board, but im glad they made a anime for this. i always played the WMMT2 arcade game, but always wanted to learn the story.

anyways, if anyone cant wait to download this show, i uploaded it on veoh.com. it has better quality videos then youtube. i'll try to upload more episodes as more comes out. but heres the link to it.

http://www.veoh.com/series/wanganmidnightanime

thanks for the people that subbed this and hope they continue on it. turned.gif
PMEmail Poster
dubc35
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

QUOTE (InitialD_ @ Yesterday at 12:30 PM)
When is the 2nd episode coming out, as well as the ther episodes?

I was wondering the same. Will it be like Initial D and air two episodes close to each other, or one a week, monthly? Anyone know?
PMEmail PosterAOL
DuoWing
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 118

So far I really like it, but it does come with at least for me a few downsides.
Although the engine noises are really loud and all, it's disappointing, because the engine sounds good, but I don't hear the sound of the turbo. The Blackbird is also missing the woosh of the turbo. As the engine becomes more powerful and gets bigger turbos that woosh becomes more prominent, and I'm not hearing it which disappoints me some.

I have mixed feelings on the music, I don't like the OP/ED songs as they just don't seem to fit with Wangan. The rest of the music is alright, some of it I don't like at all, it doesn't fit and isn't music I'd listen to, some of the other selections are really good and fit really well. So it's a mixed bag for me.
PMEmail Poster
Alice_Z
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 101

Every source I have downloaded this from in the .avi file format won't play on my computer. What codec to I need to play it?
PM

Topic Options 13 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll