Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> WM manga - Chapter 2 of Volume 4 available.
van
Posted: Apr 28 2007, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 150

http://www.wangan-midnight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=939#939

It was apparently too much work for him to acknowledge my offer of help, but on the plus side, chapter 2 of volume 4 is now up.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Jon Michael
Posted: Apr 28 2007, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 65

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!! Wangan Midnight fix!
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Zanaduz
Posted: Apr 28 2007, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

fear2.gif fear2.gif OMG TEH NINJAZ R BE UPDATE WM MANGA TRANSLATIONZ! fear2.gif fear2.gif

Okay, okay, I don't really normally type like that, but I felt like being funny for the fact that they FINALLY got the next section done.

Musta been the ninja death squad I sent to get them to finish that got it done... fear2.gif grin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 28 2007, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Zanaduz @ Today at 5:34 PM)
fear2.gif fear2.gif OMG TEH NINJAZ R BE UPDATE WM MANGA TRANSLATIONZ! fear2.gif fear2.gif

Okay, okay, I don't really normally type like that, but I felt like being funny for the fact that they FINALLY got the next section done.

Musta been the ninja death squad I sent to get them to finish that got it done... fear2.gif grin2.gif

Whats with you and various Ninja squads??? This is keeping me up at night.... fear2.gif unsure.gif crying2.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Zanaduz
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

It's only one ninja squad, but they do everything!
PMEmail Poster
TiburonWangan
Posted: Apr 30 2007, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Zanaduz @ Today at 8:15 AM)
It's only one ninja squad, but they do everything!

Well at least it's a step in the right direction.
PMEmail PosterAOL
mr camouflage
Posted: May 4 2007, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 132

I'm glad someone is translating these to english, but I think the need someone on the editing team that actually knows something about cars.

With translations like:

THIS CAR IS RUNNING
1 KG/cm2 AT
450HP

Most people would say 14.5 Psi or 1 Bar, nobody says 1 kilogram per centimeter squared of boost.

and

THIS FOOTWORK IS AWESOME,
UPPER PILLOW, CALIPERS, ROTORS,
COILOVER SET, STABILIZERS... EVERYTHING!

Footwork I get, they mean "suspension" (like in the initial D torrent when they start talking about the quakeproof!) but wtf is upper pillow?

Also I think they need to get more people involved to speed the project up.

This post has been edited by mr camouflage on May 4 2007, 10:47 PM
PMEmail Poster
Jon Michael
Posted: May 5 2007, 12:19 AM
Quote Post

Not to sound mean, but if you don't know what an uper pillow mount is...you shouldn't be telling people they need to know cars better. Especially, when in the SAME sentence you are correcting them about suspension.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
mr camouflage
Posted: May 5 2007, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

I've never heard the term before - ever. It sounded like it was lost in translation. Maybe its another Japanese term for something we call by another name. Camber plate maybe?

PMEmail Poster
van
Posted: May 5 2007, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (mr camouflage @ Yesterday at 4:46 PM)
Also I think they need to get more people involved to speed the project up.

I've made countless offers to help out with the Photoshop side of things, but they never respond. Either they're on a mission to get it done themselves (admirable, but pointless considering the schedule they've been keeping), or they somehow never see the emails, private messages, IRC messages, and forum messages I've left on the subject. Oh well. Seems somewhat selfish/arrogant to ignore offers of help, because there's hundreds of people waiting on new releases, and it's a bit unsporting to not care about that.

If I could find people with the tankubons willing to scan them, and people willing to translate, I'd start my own guerilla WM scanlation group.
Jon Michael
Posted: May 5 2007, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

I've heard and been using the term for years...as have everyone I have ever spoken to.

http://www.tein.com/pumnt.html

That is kinda sad, they should really be open to more help. I've heard people who do photoshop colouring offer to help and no response...I"ve heard other translators offer to help...no response. They release one, what once every half year? Everytime someone says something they go off about how this is in their free time and this is as good as they can do...well, they have offers and other help waiting. Yet, they do nothing and turn it away. They need to turn the project over to someone serious about it, that's what it deserves.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
mr camouflage
Posted: May 5 2007, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Upper pillow ball mount seems to be a Tein term for Camber plate, or strut top.

What I'm saying is that if you translate from one language to another you should use the widely accepted term for thing.

Talk to anyone with a 240z and they will know them as Camber plates, not upper pillow mounts.

And as for implying i don't know anything about cars because I didn't know the latest hip - jiggy with it term for Camber Plate. I guess the the 5 or so cars (i've lost count) that I have rebuilt with my bare hands, instead of dropping them off to a workshop, and paying someone else to do it, must just be a figment of my imagination.

I know enough about Z's to be able to tell by looking at the drawings of Devil Z in Wangan Midnight that it doesn't have Camber plates, and that Strut top bolt locations are drawn upside down. (see page 86). Sure its a just a comic book, but if its supposed to have camber plates then at least make an attempt to draw them.

Van: sounds like a good idea, i think you should do it. I know where you can download the first 3 volumes in Japanese. Maybe you could get started on Series 5.
PMEmail Poster
van
Posted: May 5 2007, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Jon Michael: We should get everybody to join their forums, and post like crazy until they relent wink2.gif

Mr. Camouflage: Well having the volumes available is one thing, but I'd need someone to translate them too. Still, having the volumes scanned and ready to be edited is a good start! Just need to find someone to translate...

Jon Michael
Posted: May 5 2007, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Van: Lol, they already have threads about when the next one is coming out...and I have complained on other forums. They just don't care. They said before that the next update would be a BIG one because the had a lot done...and then we only got one chapter. Guess we'll either have to wait, or someone else can just start translating it...you snooze you lose.

Mr. Camo: The pillow mount is NOT the plate, and it is NOT a Tein term nor is it a current "cool" term. If you would have read anything you would have realised that right away. It is the bearing within the plate that helps allign the spring better. "...which eliminates the load input compliance, and reduces the change of alignment to improve the grip of the tire..." There's a lot more OBVIOUS information there, that you obviously did NOT read and just looked at the pictures...sad, because it's like a paragraph at that.

For the past 6 years I have heard the term used over and over again. Be it from people building D1 cars and other professional cars, to some ricer Honda newb talking about suspension upgrades.

I am not infering you know NOTHING about cars, I do not want to get into a pissing contest because this is the internet and it is pointless. But the fact of the matter is you had no idea what a very common knowledge suspension upgrade was, and you were complaining in the same 2 sentences that people have little knowledge of cars. Honestly, what would you infer from that? Truthfully, at that point you kinda stuck your own foot in your mouth and looked like a dumbass.

We've discovered a lot since the wheel and fire...

This post has been edited by Jon Michael on May 5 2007, 11:21 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll