Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Battle Royale
zer0
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,107

QUOTE (Jon Michael @ Sep 12 2007, 12:39 PM)
Most overrated piece since Evangelion. Yeah, we all get it. All the otaku lock themselves in their room and go crazy about this stuff...

Honestly, there's a LOT better movies and novels out there. Go watch more asian cinema than just what is thrown at you by American fads, which is all Battle Royale is. It's controversial, or was, that's all it has going for it really.

I can't wait for the American remake *sarcasm*...BOY, it's gonna suck.

If all you care about is gore, and pushing the boundaries then Battle Royale is really one of the last Japanese movies you should be watching. Movies like the Guinea Pig series, Testuo I & II (The Iron Man, and Body Hammer), Evil Dead Trap, and other 1960-80's Japanese movies are a lot more controversial than just teens killing eachother.

i agree with the statements above, BR 2 didnt do it for me. unlimited ammo FTL shifty2.gif
PMEmail Poster
akinaae86
Posted: Nov 11 2007, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Darkness In Zero

Member No.: 1,048

QUOTE (Jon Michael @ Sep 12 2007, 12:39 PM)
Most overrated piece since Evangelion. Yeah, we all get it. All the otaku lock themselves in their room and go crazy about this stuff...

Honestly, there's a LOT better movies and novels out there. Go watch more asian cinema than just what is thrown at you by American fads, which is all Battle Royale is. It's controversial, or was, that's all it has going for it really.

I can't wait for the American remake *sarcasm*...BOY, it's gonna suck.

If all you care about is gore, and pushing the boundaries then Battle Royale is really one of the last Japanese movies you should be watching. Movies like the Guinea Pig series, Testuo I & II (The Iron Man, and Body Hammer), Evil Dead Trap, and other 1960-80's Japanese movies are a lot more controversial than just teens killing eachother.

Ichi the Killer is also a movie for gore-loving dudes and dudettes.. also suicide club, kinda disturbing...

btw does anyone have a link to the full manga? i almost finished reading it when the site conked out....

and kiriyama is the coolest villain as well as souma.... kiriyama can go one-on-one with agent 47 imho....
PMEmail Poster
ImmortalDrifter
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

WME Semi-active Godly User

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 179

Kiriyama has blood-fetish.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
MonsterSupra
Posted: Mar 18 2008, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,245

i think the gore is funny...
ImmortalDrifter
Posted: Aug 20 2008, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

You guys seen the new Ultimate Edition of Battle Royale? Not only are they puting the volumes in only 5 books but they're putting extra stuff in them. So far Borders has volumes 1-3. The 4th one comes out this October.
TheMuffinMan
Posted: Aug 20 2008, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 191

I've only seen the movies tbh
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
BluePixel(HK)
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 3,526

Same only seen the movie ><
PMEmail Poster
ParaParaJMo
Posted: Sep 1 2008, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 3,502

The manga is good, but the way the artist draws bodies is as one dimensional as Hirai Hisashi's faces in Gundam SEED and Sokyuu no Fafner. It's like, they are all as well built as Anderson Silva or something.

The original novel is also an interesting piece. I can't believe I read it in a day, but yeah, there are other and better Japanese novels both new and old such as Tale of Genji, The Makioka Sisters, Naomi, Snow Country, Quicksand, Japan is Sinking, Wings of Rean, Bravestory, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and many others.

The movie I thought was fun and I could see how people recognize it as groundbreaking, but I say it's a step below that. The 2nd movie just sucked. It's obviously anti-American while the original novel tended to come across as more pro-American.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
ImmortalDrifter
Posted: May 15 2010, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Update:

not much to say but if you're interested, here's some websites for scanlated versions of the manga...

Good spot...
http://stoptazmo.com/manga-series/battle_royale/

http://protik09.blogspot.com/2009/07/battl...a-download.html

Oh, yeah, I recently bought the first volume of the Ultimate Edition

This post has been edited by ImmortalDrifter on May 15 2010, 05:27 AM

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll