Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Racer 666: Shutokou Wars Overhaul, Major Revamp on the story from Page 6
mprasetya
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

S T A Y C O O L

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 2,144

QUOTE (outlaw-2 @ Mar 2 2008, 02:21 AM)
Take note that this is not a chapter update. Instead, I found a program called Face Maker, which I am able to re-create how the characters look like. The Chapter update will only resume in mid-March, after I deal with the Examinations that is looming near after the four-day test frenzy starting coming Monday.

No matter, here are how the characters look with the program I've utilised. Since the program has limited choices, don't be amused if you notice some similarities in many ways...

Minoru Hasegawa
user posted image

Kagura Ishida
user posted image

Aikawa Takashizawa
user posted image

Hellena
user posted image

Tokiko Ren
user posted image

Sagara Sakurazaki
user posted image

Ryou Shima
user posted image

Nagase Kizuato
user posted image

Tessa Schneider
user posted image

Nice art, Outlaw-2.
Where you did found the Face Maker program?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
xKRN_evox
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 121

Hey btw what happened to your website? I tried the fiction press thing but it doesn't work. I never really bothered to read this until now. But I have to admit, It's incredible! I love the storyline and everything about the story! It's just too bad that there wasn't too much drifting, but besides that, it was incredible!
PMEmail Poster
R_E_X
Posted: Mar 24 2008, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Midnight Sky King

Group: Members
Member No.: 794

that'z a great story you made...

the story, and the plot is deep
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 217

Well then, now that I've done what I needed to do, I'll be doing the next chapter of this prose. I'm only about 1/8 done, but not to worry about me not updating, it will come. I'm re-using the old game, Shutokou Battle 01 again as a reference to the routes used. And... be warned that my writing style may change. Did some modifications to myself in writing.

I'm coming back!

user posted image

Hey btw what happened to your website? I tried the fiction press thing but it doesn't work. I never really bothered to read this until now. But I have to admit, It's incredible! I love the storyline and everything about the story! It's just too bad that there wasn't too much drifting, but besides that, it was incredible!

Oh, that, I changed my name slightly, now it's this one...

http://www.fictionpress.com/~outlaw02extreme
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 03:39 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

19th Stage
Chasing The Angel Z

The wreckage; the one where it used to be a pristine 1970’s black Nissan S30Z, found at the divider between Wangan Outbound, and the connecting bridge to Yokohane Inbound. Tokiko had never forgotten that scene the second she got there. Not only it was a sign that the ‘Lucifer Z’ had been defeated, it was also the death of one of her very close colleagues. The blood that dribbled out from the mangled metal turned her mind into a world of disbelief and confusion. Hellena’s face that was in view; unscathed but had the expression of despair. All that was enough to cause the tomboy to stumble to her feet, and for the very first time, tears ran down her face. She could not believe it; of all possibilities, Tokiko did not expect a fatal crash to occur. But even so, in the midst of that, there was a sentence she swore she had heard it, loud and clear from Hellena.

“I can’t die yet!”

…S/W…

Tokiko took a deep breath the moment she roused from her nap in her A60 Celica. She had been taking a break in one of the Yokohane Inbound rest areas after two hours of cruising from Wangan Outbound, then into Yokohama CWL before reaching the said section of the highway. Her eyes glanced at the dashboard of her coupe for a moment, as if in a daze when she swore she had seen both the Tommykaira and the Z speeding past her at such tremendous speed three days ago.

“Why am I bringing it up again?” she thought, slapping her face just to shake her up. “It isn’t me to simply brood at the past, damn it.”

Igniting the engine before rolling up the partially open driver side window, the tomboy glanced at the fuel gauge; ½ tank. It was still enough for her to go up Yokohane, then through C1 Outer Loop. But even so, the images of the burning wreckage were beginning to flash in front of her eyes again. She shook her head to take it off her mind, knowing that it would only serve as a hindrance later on. Going full throttle the moment the Celica left the rest area, immediately she geared up to 3rd, skipping 2nd literally. That had the revs hit a low 3’000rpm, before the turbocharger spooled up at 3’500rpm. Clearing a gentle right turn on the inside at a cruising speed of 80kmh, she glanced at the rear view mirror. There was always this dread where she would see Hellena’s coupe speeding past her, yet she knew that her Celica would not be able to catch up if it were to happen. The Z was a monster that took her colleague’s life away; Tokiko could not explain this sudden assumption. It felt that the beast existed just to claim people’s lives; all too similar to the Grim Reaper.

Her hands were cold, much to Tokiko’s surprise. It was a first since that wreckage- an unforgettable droning rumble of a twin-turbo V6 was heard, most probably at cruising speed. Brown eyes turned to look at the rear view mirror, unknowingly turning the steering wheel slightly to the left at the next gentle bend. She hated this feeling; the sense of guilt of not being able to do anything to prevent that crash, and the fear of witnessing another collision like that. A pair of headlights in a form of two orbs came into view. The tomboy bit her lip as a response before flooring the gas, just before the turbocharger spooled up as revs rose. Tokiko was only tapping 160kmh at that time before the vehicle catching up became clearer.

“Am I… seeing things?” she muttered under her breath. “Isn’t that the damned Lucifer Z?”

Before she could go on with another thought running through her mind, the black Nissan overtook her as if like an ordinary civilian vehicle. Mixed feelings welled up inside Tokiko. Uncertainty had already been a nuisance to her ever since she left the rest area earlier on-

“Damn it all!” she swore before gearing up to 4th after tapping 180kmh. “I’ll catch you, Z! This isn’t the Wangan Straight, we’re in Yokohane Inbound.”

Feathering the throttle, the tomboy readied her coupe for a wide left turn into a tunnel while at the outside lane. She wanted to use every bit of speed to catch up with the familiar Nissan; there was bound to be areas where that cursed Z could use its acceleration to its advantage, no matter how short a straightaway is. Tyres squealed as Tokiko tapped on the brakes, reducing the speed to a comfortable 160kmh. Brown eyes caught a glimpse of the said vehicle; it was still ahead, but just. Hitting mid-apex of the wide corner, a chance came in for her as she floored the accelerator. That sudden change in force had the rear wheels spinning excessively for a short while before grip got hold of the tarmac. The brunette geared up to 5th pre-maturely at 200kmh after noticing a certain change in road surface.

“Seems that the road ahead looked moist in someway. Better be careful from this point onwards. I have a bad feeling that it’s starting to rain here,” thought the tomboy before lane-changing behind the S30Z, which was just about ten metres ahead. “At least I’m keeping up for now.”

Slipstreaming to her advantage, it allowed her A60 Celica to tap 250kmh before the two vehicles blasted out of the tunnel. And much to Tokiko’s dismay, she was right; a downpour had occurred. Decreasing the acceleration to about ¾, she lane-changed onto the inside, on standby for a wide right bend before a fork; the left was a connecting bridge into Wangan Inbound, the other continuing down Yokohane Inbound. The tomboy turned the wheel early, knowing that the slippery surface would cause a decline in traction. Releasing the throttle, she allowed the speed to drop reasonably to around 200kmh before re-applying the gas. But even at that speed, the boxy Celica slid its way into the outer lane, just before exiting the corner, speeding past the divider. She swore she had tweaked the suspension, and gotten the right tyres for the monsoon season. But no matter, the brunette had taken the chance to steal a look at the Z’s position; a leer formed on her face. It was obvious, Tokiko was tailgating it. The wet surface of the asphalt might have been the Nissan’s disadvantage, since it was not able to use its strong acceleration ability at such a condition.

Not a word left the tomboy’s mouth as she steered her A60 into an empty lane. However, at that point onwards, she swore she was trying to be stupid; Tokiko floored the throttle at 220kmh. Rear wheels spun excessively at that point of time, though speeds did rose till 280kmh, overtaking the Z cleanly. Her victory was short lived though; Tokiko tapped on the brakes before steering to the left to deal with a wide left bend. That caused her Celica to slow down to a reasonable 200kmh before a down shift was made. The brunette preferred to have the revs up where the turbocharger was working at its optimum. Oversteer occurred much to her dismay at around mid-apex of the corner. The rear of the Toyota slid outwards- Tokiko countersteered and applied light throttle in order to recover from the slide. Speeds dropped till around 160kmh before the coupe regained traction, recovering from the situation. But even at such a problem Tokiko had to deal with, the Z was still behind her, in fact about five metres behind. The gap was not much, but comparing her Celica to that Nissan, it was a big difference. The rain was working to her advantage; however it was a double edged sword. While the rain had bogged down the Z’s performance, her A60 was not spared either. She could already sense the A60’s rear slipping from time to time- she shifted the gear knob into 5th prematurely. Grip was what she needed now most.

A moderately tight right bend was next; taking the outside lane, the tomboy applied the brakes, though still in 5th. Speeds dropped to a meager 140kmh before she turned the wheel early. Even though she knew such hasty driving would not be a good idea on wet conditions, but being that blasted Z as her target, it was either give in, or rush in. The rear slid outwards slightly. Tokiko noticed her coupe’s nature at that point of time, but ignored it on purpose. She had the intention to block the black Nissan’s line before recovering from the slide on the exit of the turn. She jerked the wheel to the left, just enough to deal a quick left hander. The brunette’s foot was literally ‘welded’ on the throttle, hoping for the turbocharger to spool up quickly instead of gearing down to 4th, or 3rd. The Z caught up with slipstreaming; now tailgating. Cold sweat broke out on Tokiko’s forehead. She could not understand what she was feeling; all she knew that it had managed to engrave it in her mind, as if etched in stone. But that was not the main problem, her concentration had dwindled after that thought. She was only several moments late in reacting to a quick right bend, literally had her Celica oversteering again when she did a hasty move.

Brake lights lit up before downshifts were made; from 5th to 3rd. 100kmh was read on the speedometer before the Toyota recovered from the slide. Tokiko’s breaths grew heavy soon after that- she slammed the top part of the steering wheel.

“Damn it, I better do something about this ‘doubt’ in me before I kill myself in a crash!”

…S/W…

Dumbfounded was the only word Hellena could find when she realized the hostility coming from Tokiko. It had been several years too long since she last heard or even utter that name. And right now, the petite woman could only feel offended by her hasty decision back in 1999. But at the current situation, she could not even have another second to think.

“A series of left turns are next. Thank God Aikawa is down with a fever, else she would be wagging her tongue about further upgrading this ‘Angel Z’,” muttered Hellena. “But to think she insisted me on driving down Yokohane, just to give other racers a heads up that she’s still the ‘Ace of Yokohane’.”

Applying half throttle in 3rd gear, the 1970’s coupe lunged forward, though not revealing its true acceleration capability. The wet surface of the road was too much; there would be chances the Z would suffer from aquaplaning. She held in her breath for a moment, while her eyes were fixed on the Celica, somehow swerving at irregular intervals; it seemed that Tokiko is insisting on using full acceleration while taking advantage of her self-proclaimed ‘rallying skills’. The first left bend was dealt with an easy slip through the inside lane at mid-apex before exiting on the outside. At around midrange revs, the petite woman shifted the gear knob into 4th, at 220kmh. The twin-turbochargers had already kicked in, but since she was applying half throttle, acceleration was not much of ferocity. Instead, it felt planted on the straights, though on moderate corners, the Z did oversteer on several occasions, even on dry surfaces. A quick left turn was next. Hellena only needed a quick flick on the steering wheel in order to change the direction of her ‘Angel’. The rear slid outwards. She took noticed it and countersteered ever so slightly to deal with the slide while applying less throttle at that moment. 200kmh was on the speedometer, and it seemed that Tokiko was gaining a lead; about ten-fifteen metres.

The connecting bridge from the Wangan Straight could be seen from her black Nissan. That meant one thing; the C1 Loop was near. Brake lights from the Celica took her attention. It was odd at such a moment; the next bend could be dealt with a simple ‘out-in-out’ motion, and feathering on the accelerator, until she realized that it was sliding. Powersliding. It was unusual for that tomboy to do such a stint at an easy turn, unless…

Brake lights lit up again, before hasty countersteering was done in order to recover from the situation. Hellena finally understood what was occurring; the Celica was going out of control, most probably from aquaplaning. Initially Hellena had the intention to assist the tomboy in some way hence she could avoid from crashing the Toyota. However, it was Tokiko herself that made the petite lass hesitate. There would be chances that the woman in spandex would not accept that she was still alive, in an unusual way- a loud rev from the Celica was heard. That had the silver eyed girl shot up to look at the Toyota. A sigh of relief left her mouth; Tokiko had managed to recover from the problem, though heavy acceleration was spotted on the rear wheels, considering the excessive wheel spin.

“She’s being a risk taker right now. Tokiko, what are you thinking?” thought Hellena.

At 250kmh, she shifted the gear knob into 5th, while revs dropped at around mid-range. It was necessary for her to do so right now; after seeing the tomboy’s Celica suffering from a short stint of aquaplaning just now, Hellena hated to see her ‘Angel’ going through the same matter. A wide left corner was next after blasting past the connecting bridge. All she wanted to do right now was to simply overtake the A60, and disappear from Tokiko’s sight; the petite woman was just not ready to face her yet. As the two coupes entered the bend, brake lights lit up on both of them before the front tyres turned to the direction of the corner. Hellena took the chance by entering on the inside lane earlier than Tokiko, allowing to catch up, right now barely reaching the Celica’s rear fender. Acceleration was what the petite lass needed at this point of time, but as expected, the rain held her back. The Toyota began to induce oversteer at that split moment. Silver eyes glanced at the position the tomboy was having; countersteering occurred before feathering of the throttle ensued. The black Nissan was still gripping on the bend; Hellena took this chance. Applying full throttle at mid-apex, the rear wheels of the Z spun excessively, though still stable much to her surprise. The bulk of the mass seemed to have shifted to the back, allowing the black coupe to lunge forward slightly, just enough to make a clean overtake, before it too began to oversteer just at the exit.

“Oh sh-,” sputtered Hellena before she countersteered while applying half throttle.

The front wheels turned to the direction of the road ahead, but it does not seem to be reacting as much. Not a word left her mouth, even though she had the intention to curse and swear at that time. The front tyres gripped just a short distance before slamming into the inside barriers. The danger of a snapback was there, but Hellena was quick enough to counter that, allowing her to recover without inflicting any damage, though her speed had dropped dramatically to 100kmh. That had the silver eyed woman to down shift into 3rd, while literally blocking the Celica from overtaking. It was unusual for Hellena herself to prevent someone from doing so, but it was Tokiko behind the wheel of the Toyota. She geared up into 4th at 200kmh. A getaway was what she needed right now, and fast.

“Sorry, Tokiko, but not now. Not this time. Things are getting complicated these days. Da Pimpz, that unknown black Z as mine- wait. Could it be?” thought Hellena when it came to the other black Z.

…S/W…

“Damn it!” the tomboy yelled in the cockpit of her silver coupe. “If I hadn’t mess up at that turn, I would’ve been able to keep that Z from overtaking.”

Frustration had kicked in, to the point of tearing herself apart. Her A60 Celica seemed to be losing traction more often than usual-

“Is there a possibility that the tyres are wearing out in these wet conditions?” thought the tomboy. “I hope not.”

Even with that thought in mind, it did not prevent her from hitting 5th at 230kmh. Her need to take the victory over that damned Z was obvious; she wanted to defeat the one that murdered Hellena. A moderate right bend was next, and coming up fast. Hasty decisions flooded Tokiko’s mind; she was confused at what to do in order to win. Only one possibility then came into mind; late braking. That might be the only way to take the lead, and keep it up in the C1 Loop; her so-called territory of her Celica. Brake lights from the black Z lit up first. Tokiko lane changed in order to claim the instant lead, then floored the brake pedal. Downshifting into 3rd, she then turned the wheel hard into the direction of the bend, throwing the rear into a slide on purpose. However, those reactions were done… on instinct. Doing so on dry asphalt would guarantee her lead the moment she recover from it, but on wet conditions, everything seemed to go wrong. The sudden change in direction on the rear of the Toyota had thrown her towards the outside barriers, and there seemed to be no way of preventing a collision from happening. Brake lights lit up on the Toyota and countersteering occurred, in hopes to slow down the coupe, or even recover from such a situation.

“No!” the tomboy reacted at the change of events before the sounds of her boxy Toyota crashing overwhelmed her.

The strong impact on the rear had managed to cause the coupe to bounce off slightly before the front slingshot into the direction of the outside barriers, though at a weaker force. The windshield cracked at such a blow while the front bumpers and a portion of the frame crumpled slightly, somewhat cushioning the collision. The three-point seatbelt and the bucket seat prevented Tokiko from inflicting much damage, except for a minor head concussion that made her stunned during the course of the accident. Soon after, everything seemed to have ceased in the cockpit, except for the constant pelting from the rain onto the Celica’s roof. The tomboy shook her head as a response to ward off the stunned moment she had earlier on. Unbuckling the seatbelt, she got out of her coupe, after turning off the engine, just in case if anything wrong were to further occur-

“Tokiko!” a familiar voice rang into her ears, somehow throwing her into a world of confusion.

“Hellena?” she muttered under her breath, before turning to the direction of the source, ignoring the rain that was beginning to drench her.

Brown eyes focused on the familiar figure before it stopped a distance with a worrisome expression; the petite woman then spoke. “Did you get hurt? Are you all right? Why did you have to do such a hasty move in order to overtake me?”

Those questions did get inside Tokiko’s mind, but there was a bigger issue; why was Hellena standing right in front of her, and not dead? Confusion kicked in before the petite woman got closer to her, holding in a way to keep her standing.

“Tokiko, it’s me; Hellena, remember?” the silver eyed lass implied, somehow filled with uncertainty even though putting up a concerned look.

“I…don’t care,” the tomboy replied.

“Huh?” Hellena responded, somehow realizing that she should not have stopped for her.

“I don’t care anymore if you’re dead or alive,” Tokiko went on before embracing the petite woman, as if like a couple. “I’m just overwhelmed to see you again.”

I just don’t care anymore, even with the confusion in my mind. So long I’m with Hellena, I’ll not regret my inability to save her in 1999.

PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 09:44 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

20th Stage
Kagura’s New Godzilla

Hellena had not been the same ever since her encounter with Tokiko a week ago. Somehow, she seemed to be more open to any topics these days, and one could even say ‘cheerful’. That was odd for Minoru, since she was already cheerful towards him at times, but right now, Hellena seemed to be too cheerful for her own good. For her nature, seeing that petite woman being bubbly at times had him feeling a sudden dread that she was putting up a face. Or worse, she could be plotting something against him. But putting that aside, there was one news that everyone had yet to hear of; Kagura will be discharging from hospital today. And that meant a world of trouble if a certain thing called the ‘Nissan Skyline GT-R R32’ was mentioned. Unfortunately for that R32, it was wrecked beyond repair; hence it had to be scrapped for good.

The only thing is, Minoru and Aikawa did ways to get another R32, but the problem was… they did not manage to get the same ‘V-Spec II’ model as Kagura’s original coupe. They got instead was a first batch production of the GT-R made in 1989, black in colour. At least the colour matched much to their relief. The duo could only hope that the albino would not notice some aspects of the coupe, except for the slightly skinnier tyres used instead of the wider ones in the ‘V-Spec II’ model. However, there was another thing that the duo had noticed on the R32 they bought. Using the rolling road at the Kizuato Car Services at Yokohama, courtesy of Nagase and her father, they managed to get the horsepower reading to the wheels.

600bhp was what the GT-R had.

That power was just enough for Kagura, since she somewhat ‘dominated’ the C1 Loop section of the Shutokou. Modifications seemed to have been done properly by the previous owner too. The engine had been overhauled a week before the duo purchased it. However, the only thing that got Aikawa raising her eyebrow was what the previous owner had claimed.

It was tuned similar to the one in the famous Group A races.

The blonde wanted to believe what the owner had claimed, but it just felt too weird to even say it in words. Yes, suspension tunings similar could be done, even the horsepower value; but would it be able to drive like one? Would it feel planted throughout and just keep on going, like what the ‘Godzilla’ had done back in the early 90s that dominated the Group A races? Those questions came into mind, but no matter, that did not prevent Aikawa from giving a quick test drive through the C1 Outer Loop, without Minoru’s presence. The man knew what was going on if that Twin-tails had decided on that decision; she wanted to prove the previous owner wrong. Unfortunately though, the GT-R did feel planted throughout the test drive down the route. There was a hint of understeer, but it was what she proclaims as ‘safe understeer’.

“As much I hate to say it, the owner was right… somehow. Give it fresh new tyres, and it’ll dominate like how a Godzilla should be,” she commented while getting out of the coupe. “And to think it’s able to grip well without the need of an aftermarket rear spoiler like the one on Kagura’s previous R32. Hope that albino would love this one, and the insurance on the wrecked R32. It really got us nearly broke at the point we purchased it.”

“Hope so,” replied Minoru with a sigh. “We’re currently surviving on cup noodles and cola for the rest of the month. Thank God next month is just 5 days away from now. My salary’s coming in on the 2nd, you, Aikawa?”

“Being a mechanic for Blitz tuner company right now, I’d say it’ll come on the 4th,” the blonde responded without a hitch.

“Right now?” replied the man. “Then what did you do last time?”

“You wouldn’t want to know. All I can say that it’s connected to Twin Ring Motegi Speedway.”

“I…see.”

“Never mind that,” Twin-tails suddenly chipped in. “We’ll fetch Kagura, in your Prelude.”

“And why is my car bearing the brunt?” Minoru raised an eyebrow.

“Whose car right now has four seats, and only lightly tuned?” the woman countered, this time catching Tokiko and Hellena’s attention.

“My Honda Prelude,” answered Minoru before commenting. “Oh shoot.”

“Told you,” the blonde teased with a leer. “Come on, we better head out right now.”

…S/W…

An air of uncertainty filled the air the moment the duo reached the hospital. Kagura was already waiting at the lounge, somehow staring into space like a marionette with glazed crimson eyes. A presence in a form of Minoru, then Aikawa, caught her attention. Not a word was exchanged at that moment, only actions were made. Leading the albino into the white Honda, Kagura seemed to be insisting on seating at the front passenger seat that had the blonde giving in almost instantaneously. The duo felt that the silver haired woman was still unstable at times, hence they did not want to utter a single word about her black Nissan-.

“Wrecked, isn’t it?” Kagura implied, breaking the ice much to the duo’s disbelief. “Beyond repair, right?”

Minoru, who was behind the wheel, could only nod as a response before setting the white coupe into gear, heading back to the household. Aikawa, oblivious at the situation, simply gazed at the side windows, feeling that she was not needed right now.

“Then looks like I’ll have to get a new car,” the albino responded, looking away from Minoru. “Probably just a normal one; a Toyota Starlet maybe.”

That was already a sign that Kagura was giving up hope of being a street racer again. Twin-tails turned to the direction where the busty woman was, and gave a quick jolt to the scalp.

“You know I hate people who behave as if they are about to give up on life, or even ambition. They are the lowest of people I’ve met. Look! While you were in the hospital staring into space like a hopeless child, me and Minoru had went ahead and purchased you a used R32 GT-R. That had the both of almost tearing a hole at our wallets,” lectured Aikawa.

“But you need not have to do that,” the albino countered.

“Oh, so you want to give up our offer, which happens so that the GT-R we got for you drives ultimately similar to the one in its heydays in Group A, let alone the Bathurst?” the blonde raised an eyebrow. “You do know how much of a dominator the ‘Godzilla’ R32 was, which put several brands and teams into shame. That Group A kind of R32 we managed to get.”

That was enough to get Kagura all excited again. She loved the R32 because of one reason; it dominated the Group A races, and the Bathurst in 1991 and 1992, proving its monstrous ability as both a road going car, and as a race car. A sudden urge of glee had her forgetting the blues she had initially, now as if she had returned back to her usual, bubbly nature.

“Hope the one you managed to get for me feels like it goes as if it’s eating everything in its path, ripping up roads, and tearing up huge V8 and V10 engines into rusty, useless pieces of bolts and nuts,” a queer glint in the albino’s eyes sent the duo into a world of uneasiness.

If there were one or two things that would get her blood pumping, it would be the mentioning of a V8, or V10 engine. One would say queer at such a situation; uttering ‘V6’ or ‘V12’, and she would accept it without a hitch. No one knew the reason why she hated those two engine types. Maybe, just maybe, it could be what she had gone through before she met Minoru. After all, she did hint to him that even though she was born in Kanagawa, she lived most of her time in southern Japan, probably Okinawa, before returning to the mainland. Hence maybe, that could be the reason.

“Hey, drive faster! I want to see the new R32 you two got for me. I’ll be sure that when the insurance comes in, I’ll repay back,” the bubbly woman piped before nudging Minoru on his left elbow. “I just want to rape the C1 Outer Loop tonight for a test drive.”

“I can’t drive fast in a busy traffic you ditzy, busty woman! Just be patient!” he countered. “Look! All I can see ahead is just a whole stretch of vehicles in the evening rush hour.”

“Geez,” Twin-tails remarked. “Just after a few minutes we fetched Kagura and I’m already annoyed by the two of you wagging tongues like dogs.”

It took the trio at least an hour to maneuver away from the rush hour jam, and into the minor roads that had less traffic flow, and back to the residence. As usual, like Kagura would normally do when she gets excited, she scampered to the garage ahead before the duo could catch up. Hellena and Tokiko, who were at the scene, could only find themselves amused, and eventually embarrassed when the albino commented on the black R32.

“This is better than sex! Oh yes! Ah yes!”

Minoru could only plant his face into her right palm while Aikawa wished she had not heard anything at that moment. But no matter, it was better off seeing the albino jumping for joy in excitement at her replacement vehicle instead of brooding around, spreading uneasy, cold air in the household while being an extremely emotional idiot. Crimson eyes peered through the side window to take a quick glance at the interior before entering it the moment she got hold of the car keys. Odd enough, even though the R32 had a rollcage installed, everything else seemed to feel as if it was stock; unmodified, except for the omission of the rear seats… and the two bucket seats… and without noise insulation. What was the point of having a sound system when most of the time the driver would listen to the singing roar of the straight 6, twin-turbocharged engine? That feature boggled Minoru’s mind, as well as Aikawa, though Kagura was not bothered at that part.

“I think it’s better we set off for the C1-,” the albino’s words were cut off when the man barged in with such shock.

“What? Right now, while in the peak evening of rush hour? Don’t tell me you want to reach a screaming speed of 10kmh while hitting 5th.”

“Rest area for the time being,” the busty woman continued.

“Oh, then let’s head there. Hellena, Tokiko, you coming?” asked Minoru.

“Not today, we got a lot to catch up after so long of not meeting each other,” the silver eyed woman implied before the tomboy somewhat carried her by the torso like a life-sized doll. “See ya!”

“How about you Aikawa?” the man turned his attention to Twin-tails.

“I’ll skip. I want to research more on how to get my Z more power. The rolling road readings say it had 740bhp, 10bhp short than what I initially expected. I’m targeting over 800bhp right now. I’m off to survey aftermarket parts and their probable performance increase,” the blonde explained in great detail before turning to Kagura. “The tyres on the R32 are a bit worn in a certain way, so be careful. You might want to get fresh ones later on.”

“Hmm,” pondered the albino. “How about cheater slicks?”

“No!” Aikawa countered almost immediately. “Just get high performance ones, and if possible try the hard compound variant. At least it would last longer than soft compound counterpart. Just be careful in the rain though with those.”

…S/W…

C1 Outer Loop; 11.00pm

It had been almost 4 agonising hours of waiting in the rest area for Kagura and her new black R32. But even so, when they were heading there, she could already feel an instant ferocity just waiting to scream out from under the hood. But right now, the roads seemed to have cleared up, after all the bustling heavy traffic during the rush hour period. Racers were beginning to flock in the same rest area as she was, while Minoru, in the passenger seat, felt oblivious to the situation. Seeing such a scene was normal for him. One of the racers who often to the C1 Loop spotted Kagura in the new R32 before he went around making an announcement of her return.

The albino knew she was well known in this particular area of the Shutokou, even though she was not the leader. Many see her as a strong competitor, in fact on par to the one leading the C1 right now. However, Kagura had no intention of challenging the top gun right from the start. All she wanted to do was prove that she had the ability to match the male drivers. But no matter, that did not prevent her from getting into serious situations like official challenges from other racer groups, or even a mano-a-mano dogfight race.

Ignoring the sudden, bustling reaction by other racers in the rest area, she shifted the black coupe into gear, exiting the place without a hint of embarrassment. She floored the throttle for a split moment after disengaging the clutch, allowing it to rise just before the red-range of the revs before releasing it. The cry of the engine was enough to stimulate the albino’s senses. It excited her. All she wanted right now was just do a quick speed run, just ¼ of the whole C1 section.

“Hold on tight. This is going to get crazy, Group A style,” warned Kagura to Minoru before flooring the throttle, this time though, in gear.

The sudden jolt of both acceleration and grip lunged the Skyline forwards before a quick upshift into 2nd took place at 65kmh. Speeds rose quickly to 160kmh before the gear knob shifted into 3rd, while dealing a quick left turn with such ease. A moderate right bend was next. 200kmh was already on the speedometer. Kagura eased off the accelerator, allowing the coupe to lose considerable speed before flooring it at mid-apex, while seeing 150kmh. Using the short straight as a speed pick up, it enabled the R32 to tap 220kmh before the albino eased the throttle again to deal with a wide right turn into a tunnel. The woman remained feathering on the accelerator throughout the corner before noticing the exit, where she floored it once again.

“This has more responsiveness, and feels more stable to boot. All the electronics seemed to have been tweaked as well; the four-wheel-steering, and the ATTESA-ETS system,” she commented before hitting 4th at 230kmh, while clearing a quick left bend as linear as possible.

A long straight followed by a swift, yet tricky right corner was up ahead, but right now, Kagura wanted to test how fast it would tap at the straightaway. The speedometer was already reading 260kmh before yet another upshift into 5th occurred, and the R32 still has quite a distance to cover on the straight. Not a hint of hesitation was shown on the busty woman while still flooring on the throttle. 295kmh was seen on the speedometer before her left foot kicked the brake pedal, getting ready for the bend. The sudden change of force had Minoru slingshot from leaning against the bucket seat, to ripping his body out towards the dashboard. The immense G-forces produced by the Skyline R32 was simply overwhelming. Even his Tommykaira R was not much of a weight transfer swinger. Kagura turned the wheel hard, yet firmly by the grips it had. Still in 5th, the black Nissan entered on the outside, but it remained on the inside from mid-apex onwards.

“This GT-R feels like it’s feeding on gas guzzlers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner,” the silver haired woman commented. “It just keeps going faster no matter what I do. I love this kind of acceleration. That, and grip are the keys of dominating the C1 Loop. Speed doesn’t matter here.

Another long straight has enabled the R32 to rake up a nerve-wrecking 310kmh before entrance of an easy S-turn came into view. The lass released the throttle while tapping on the brakes- a downshift into 4th ensued. Applying half throttle just after entering the first bend, Kagura kept it on the inside lane while tapping 190kmh before running wide on the upcoming bend with full throttle. The front tyres slipped at that moment, even though the asphalt was dry. Brake lights lit up for a few moments before the coupe steered away from trouble; now she knew what Aikawa meant about being careful of the rather worn tyres the R32 had right now. But even so, that did not prevent her from goosing the gas again, though remaining in 4th gear. Her eyes were already fixed on the upcoming quick left bend, then a moderate left hander ahead. Clearing the first one was simply a quick maneuver of a quick flick on the wheel into the direction of the turn without losing speed. However, it was the one beyond that that got her a little jittery.

250kmh was her speed when the R32 approached the said corner. Kagura had already eased on the throttle before turn and her left foot was simply ready to initiate a simple maneuver; trail braking. The moment the Skyline entered the bend, 220kmh was read on the speedometer before the albino did the maneuver. The black R entered the corner on the inside before understeer occurred at that moment. The speed was still decreasing, now at 180kmh- grip registered on the asphalt like a jolt; weight transfer had played its part at that moment, allowing the coupe to grip just after it went into the outside lane. Brake lights lit up again, this time lasting for a longer period of time; the test driving was done… for now. If she were to go on further, there might be chances of spotting a few racers wishing to look for a challenge. The thrill might have been short-lived for Kagura, and Minoru’s life might have been shortened by that stint, but no matter, it proved one thing.

This particular R32 was indeed a ‘Godzilla’.

…S/W…

“Say, Tokiko?” Hellena asked, though with a little uncertainty on her part.

“Hmm?” the woman in spandex responded.

“Have you heard of the other black Z other than mine?”

“I was just beginning to know about it. What about it?”

“I feel that we may have seen this driver before; he’s not the one previously driving the Tommykaira R,” the petite woman explained before toned arms from the tomboy wrapped around her waist.

“I can’t seem to hold a candle to that thought somehow,” Tokiko replied, holding Hellena close to her. “But if isn’t the one driving the blood red R, then who is it?”

“It might be the one that wielded the white 1967 Toyota 2000GT with the Supra engine. You know how much of a maniac he is when it came to vintage cars with modern engines under the hood. He seemed to have made a replica of my coupe but had even more dangerous results than my ‘Angel Z’,” silver eyes turned to look into brown ones.

“Is it Terao Kizuato?”

“Not him; he drives a Maserati Ghibli II,”

“Then, who could it be?” Tokiko’s hands were already massaging Hellena’s back, somehow stimulating her in someway.

“Don’t… know. I can’t seem to have a grasp what his name was. Was it Kochirou… or Katsushiro? It’s between those lines,” Hellena’s body trembled at that moment, somehow not able to withstand that sensation running down her spine.

“Wasn’t it a Katsushiro that drove the Tommykaira previously? There might be a connection somewhere.”

“Hmph, maybe it’s around those lines after all-ow! Geez! What were you trying to do, sprain my back?” yelped Hellena at that moment, literally had Tokiko retorting.

“Well, you did insist on massaging your back in the first place, mother toad!”

“Who are you calling me ‘Mother toad’, musclewoman ‘Arnie-kiko’? Now I’m feeling like a 70 year old with a painful back!”

“Will the both of you quit wagging your tongues? It’s like seeing two goats fighting with their tails!” Aikawa’s voice was heard from another room, who was annoyed by the commotion while doing her research.
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Apr 4 2008, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

21st Stage
Connections

The Tommykaira R; every time when it was mentioned to the racers, they would always relate it to the Katsushiro family. It was obvious, they own that blood red R back then after scrapping the old AE82 Corolla. That modified Nissan Skyline GT-R was often the limelight whenever it was taken to the streets, along with Hellena’s ‘Angel Z’. However, within the shadows the two beasts had cast over, there was another machine powerful enough to match the dominating two back then.

1999 was such a hectic year for the racers. The leading Angel Z had been the dominator of the Shutokou for quite a while in the hands of that petite woman. However, before the Tommykaira R was mentioned into the highways, there was this particular vehicle that somehow was a nuisance to Hellena.

A white 1967 Toyota 2000GT. That coupe had always been shunned by the Angel Z. Little knew about that car’s presence, and power; but when it came to know for Hellena, she realized that there were just things better off forgotten, ignored, or simply fade away.

That white 2000GT was a threat to the Z. Instead of a standard engine it had, a 2JZ-GTE was dropped into the engine bay while rumoured to rake up more than 800bhp. Everything seemed to mirror to Hellena’s Z; acceleration was insane, except for its handling, which required more pin-point steering in order to master it. Hellena never liked that Toyota due to one reason; it was the driver. Often overshadowed by most racers in the Shutokou, the Toyota was often referred as the ‘back-up’. That reason was enough to make him decide on one decision… an official race down Wangan Outbound. The race did occur few days after the decision, but lost miserably when the 2000GT suffered an engine blow while it was in the lead of an estimated mere 5 metres.

He was never heard of again from that point onwards, but right now, in 2006, Hellena was beginning to sense that there might be a connection to the particular black Z that was running around the Shutokou, looking ultimately similar to hers. It might be possibility, and she might have a gist who it was, even though it had been such a long time since she last heard or uttered that name. It was not a Katsushiro after all…

“Ishii Takabe.”

…S/W…

Ever since Kagura’s return into the household, everything seemed to be back to when it used to be; the cheery atmosphere was there once again. However, with the absence of both Ryou and Tessa, there were times where everyone would stumble upon their names, and remain silent for a moment. The atmosphere was back, but the absences of the other two were enough to hold back their excitement.

Hellena, in particular, seemed to be the most affected by it. No, it was not about both Tessa and Ryou. The other black S30Z that was running loose in the Shutokou was the main reason. Her assumptions by connecting that Z to the owner of the white 2000GT were somewhat vague, but she was sure that Ishii Takabe might be the one behind the wheel. But there was one problem; she had no clue whatsoever on his whereabouts. And using the Z to look for him might be suicidal; a race might break out, and a replay of their previous race might occur. Silver eyes turned to look at the several cars in the extended garage of the residence.

The blood red Tommykaira R had been missing action for quite some time. Aikawa’s black Z, that also happened to be Hellena’s… that needed some rest for now; one too many races it had been for the past two weeks. The yellow Lamborghini Diablo GT-R… Ryou never seemed to bother claiming back that supercar, and had disappeared from their sight. The black R32 GT-R, Kagura had been using it almost daily. It might be a possibility that the albino wanted to get used to the coupe’s violent, yet tamed nature. As for Minoru’s original coupe, the white Honda Prelude- wait, she could use the Honda as an undercover vehicle. Of course, at the next moment, her eyes took attention at Minoru himself handing the keys of the Honda to Tokiko, who had crashed her A60 Celica.

That had her plans null. There was no way she could go round on foot in order to look for- wait. Tokiko borrowing Minoru’s Prelude at the moment? That is a brilliant idea, she thought. Both of them could go round and investigate about Ishii Takabe. Right now would be best!

“Oi! Tokiko!” the petite woman hollered on the second floor, overlooking the garage below. “I’m coming with you. There’s something I might need to check out.”

The tomboy could only let out a shrug while Minoru left the area, oblivious to the conversation, “What can I say, get your butt down here, woman!”

…S/W…

“So, you need to know more about this Takabe, hmm?” the woman in spandex implied, behind the wheel of the Prelude. “But there were rumours about him quitting ever since he was defeated with that engine blow to his 2000GT.”

“That’s what I want to believe as well,” the petite woman in the passenger replied. “But the uneasiness at the possibility about him behind the black Z driver is just too great for me to sit around and try ignoring it. It seems that history is catching up on us. Anyway, why did you need to borrow Minoru’s Honda?”

“Oh, that,” the tomboy responded. “I managed to get hold of a copied blueprint of the A60 Celica. I plan to revive that wrecked coupe of mine. I might be strained on cash for the next few months, but I’ll be able to pull through. I’m planning to revive it, this time to look exactly like its Group B cousin; the GT-TS model. I’ve already contacted a car body workshop in Yokohama, and they’re willing to give it a shot. The last time they done such a model change they said, was on a 280ZX, if I’m not mistaken.”

By then, Hellena was particularly silent. She felt that there was something deeper than that. Questions began filling up her mind about it. Would it be possible for a 280ZX to be remodeled, and look similarly to the black S30Z that roamed the Shutokou? The older model was after all, longer and wider, but just slightly. But maybe, just maybe, it could be a possibility. It may have ended up looking as if it had a wide-body body-kit. But in terms of costs to even make one could tear a hole in their wallets, unless if the person is filthy rich to begin with. Tokiko’s plan to remake the look of the Group B bred Celica on hers was slightly different. The rear could be remade with another A60 Celica, since there was only little to no difference in terms of looks. However, it was the front that made the problem harder. That was where the blueprint comes into play. And hopefully, the costs of remaking the front would not be much of a burden to her current finances; Tokiko did save up ahead of time, just in case anything like a crash would occur. Engine wise, it would need a simple tune up and maintenance, just in case if anything wrong did affect it; however, the tomboy has no intention to bump up the power.

Upon arrival of the car body workshop, the duo was welcomed by the presence of Tokiko’s Celica, though still wrecked in the front and back. Silver eyes from Hellena caught attention of the company’s name.

Wangan Aftermarket Body Kits Services

A rather odd and long name for a company, and generic to boot, she thought. But no matter, from the situation and rather bustling atmosphere the workshop had, it does feel reliable to some extent. While Tokiko was off to propose her decision to the manager of the workshop, Hellena went on to look around, before an old, yet familiar figure took her by surprise.

“What do we have here, if it isn’t Hellena,” the recognizable male voice from several years ago was heard.

The petite woman could only let out a shrug before turning to the direction where the man was, “And if it isn’t the one wielding the Maserati Ghibli II, Terao. I thought you had your own car tuner and repair workshop near the Shutokou?”

“It’s still standing, but it has been a while since I got my Maserati running. My daughter is taking over my position in the Shutokou with her silver, ‘butch-like’ Mitsubishi GTO VR-4,” the middle aged man implied, not a hint of regret.

“Like father, like daughter, eh?” silver eyes leered at Terao, like she would always do in front of him, while a thought ran through his mind. “Seems that he did not know about my death back then. Hope he won’t find that out.”

“That look won’t work on me anymore, tiny tot,” the man commented, though he was a little tempted to admit a point or two.

“Starting to have some resistance, eh? Good luck on improving that,” Hellena teased before jumping to the main point. “So, what brings you here?”

“Much more about the same idea as yours. My daughter has been finding more information about a black Z, but it isn’t Aikawa’s. How’s your black Z doing by the way?”

“Aikawa’s Z is my Z actually,” the silver eyed woman stated the fact though she lied at a certain point. “But the ownership is now 50-50, since she did most of the repairs when I wrecked it big time, even though the ownership is now legally Aikawa’s.”

“I see,” replied Terao. “Passing down to her, eh?”

“You could say that. Anyway, back to the main topic; it seems that there’s a connection of that black Z here. It is said that a 280ZX was used before it was converted to look like the original S30Z. Imagining that fact seemed a little dubious; however, I feel that Ishii Takabe might be the one behind all this,” the petite woman went on, while the two-some paced their way around the workshop.

“You mean the one who drove the white 2000GT?” the middle aged man responded with a hint of surprise, before memories kicked in, understanding the situation. “It is likely possible if it is him.”

A quick rev from within a garage caught Hellena’s attention. Silver eyes peeled to look at the stated place with its door slightly ajar. Another quick rev occurred again, this time the sound of pressurised air surging out from the blow-off valve followed suit. Terao was not much of a busybody at that moment, hence he did not have the heart to take even a glance at what Hellena was viewing-

“Old man!” the petite woman called out though in a controlled whisper. “It’s that black Z!”

That was enough to launch Terao towards Hellena, before another form of chaos in a form of Tokiko came into the scene, who was done stating her plans of repairing her Celica to the manager. Fortunately for the woman in spandex, the manager agreed to the idea, and would begin the works by the end of the week, coming in two days time.

“Hey, what’s going on?” the tomboy’s voice overwhelmed the silent duo.

“Shush-shh!” Hellena countered while putting her right hand over Tokiko’s mouth. “It’s that Z we were looking for.”

The trio kept silent at that moment, while a conversation kicked in, though confused who was communicating with whom.

“So, has that Tommykaira been able to keep up the pace ever since its crash?”

“Never managed to find him; I feel that Minoru is keeping a low profile for now. My only gripe right now is the presence of that Yankee group, Da Pimpz.”

“Oh, that group from America. They’re only staining their nation’s name here.”

“Anyway, how’s the engine so far? This VG30DETT feels like it just wants more in my opinion.”

“All to the rear wheels of this converted S30Z? Your 2000GT still feels better in my terms. The overwhelming acceleration in the Z might cause faster tyre wear, even if you use hard compound, high performance ones.”

“I don’t really want to hear more about my old 2000GT. Yes, it is rare, yes, I’ve mended it, but the engine does doesn’t have that kick right now, even though I’ve bumped it to 850bhp to the wheels, as I last checked with a rolling road from a nearby workshop.”

“I… have nothing say about your white Toyota for now. Anyway, about Aikawa’s Z?”

“Oh, yes, that blasted Nissan. I’ve done my undercover work, and it looks like it’s actually Hellena’s Z. To think such wreckage would be repairable, and seen running again with that damned Tommykaira. They’re trying to take the limelight and leaving me obscured again!”

“Then we got work to do- who’s there?”

The last sentence literally had the trio scampering in random directions before finding themselves at the entrance of the workshop. All the info and possibility they have accumulated, it seemed to fit in like puzzle pieces. But no matter, it was best for them to flee from the scene before anyone from the conversation the trio had overheard could spot them.

“Terao, we’ll head to your workshop for now,” Hellena announced before the middle aged man responded, before getting inside his Maserati.

“Be there, fast. I don’t like this feeling somehow. We might have triggered something,”

…S/W…

At Kizuato Car Services; 10.00pm

“That had got to be Ishii Takabe; who would be crazy enough to use a 2000GT for the Shutokou other than him?” Hellena jumped to conclusions.

“I think we need to be careful from this point onwards. Whether it was Ishii or not, he is looking into our situation; in fact, your situation Hellena. I have a gut feeling that we might be seeing a repeat of what was gong to happen back 1999,” the middle aged man warned.

Tokiko, even though silent at that point of time, felt a sudden dread of another possible crash. She turned away, in hopes to keep a straight face at that moment while Hellena went on by countering Terao’s opinions.

“But even so, I feel that it is best to put an end to this mess. Ishii is starting to sound like a stalker to me.”

“Stalker or not, think of your situation. As what I have been hearing from Nagase, Minoru is putting on a low profile because of the incessant Da Pimpz group. Yes, that group is slowly tearing apart; one deceased, and another kicked out due to heavy financial debts after taking a ton of loans. They were the one with the Audi, and the Pontiac. However, the group is still a threat. So does the presence of ‘Ishii’. Which one would you want to do for now? There are a ton of people who would want to have a race with your Z as well, mind you,” the middle aged man responded to the petite woman’s hasty reply. “Bring down Da Pimpz, deal with Ishii, or lay low until the situation improves?”

That was enough to leave a lump on Hellena’s throat. She could not answer to that question. She has to look out for Minoru as well; dragging him into the chaos felt like forcing an innocent person into the mess. Not a word left her mouth soon after, literally had the atmosphere feeling heavy, putting a burden on the trio’s shoulders. Tokiko, at some point, did try to liven up the mood, but the thought of seeing Hellena crashing again was too painful to even do so. The presence of Nagase had the trio turning to look at her, who seemed to be a little… disturbed.

“Something’s not right,” Terao remarked, before his daughter finally broke the news.

“Rumours spread that a white Toyota Chaser is running around and about in the ShinKanjou section of the Shutokou, as if looking for something. The rumour is true; Ryou Shima is back.”

That triggered Hellena to grab the nearby phone and dialed the number to Minoru’s residence quickly. It was obvious, should anyone need to know about Ryou’s whereabouts, it had to be Aikawa.

“Come on, pick up the bloody phone- Hello?” the petite woman responded with a hasty voice.

“Sounds like you’re in a hurry, what about it?” the blonde responded on the other end of the line, who was alone in the residence at the moment.

“To ShinKanjou!” Hellena replied.

“Huh? Why?” Aikawa countered. “This is some kind of a joke?”

“To ShinKanjou! Ryou’s been spotted in his Toyota Chaser!”

Twin-tails did not answer at that point onwards. Instinct had kicked in by that time; grabbing the car keys, she dashed for her S30Z before speeding off to the Shutokou. She could not understand the reason she was rushing there. All she knew that she wanted to see Ryou again.

“You better be there, Ryou,” the blonde muttered. “You better be there, or else.”

“You really created a drama scene for a moment, Hellena,” Terao commented at that hectic phone call.

“It is obvious, old man; Aikawa seemed to have developed feelings for Ryou. That’s why when Nagase uttered about it, I had to contact her instantly,” the petite woman replied. “And as for the question you have asked, I may have the answer to that, considering what is going on right now.”

“Oh?” the middle aged man raised his eyebrows. “And what would that be?”

“Create more chaos, mix them up, and then settle it once and for all in one shot; just like your old self, Terao. I stole that sentence out of our mouth, right?” Hellena replied with confidence.

“Yes, you did, and I like that idea. You can expect me to be in the mess as well, Hellena. It’s high time I get myself back into the Shutokou scene,” Terao smiled at that point, looking interested before her daughter commented on that.

“So, I didn’t know my old man was like that. But whatever it is, it does sound fun.”

“But running a risk of losing a life?” Tokiko thought otherwise. “It’s just too risky of a plan to do so, unless you’re planning to get Da Pimpz’s attention to Ishii.”

“That was one of my plans I might plot out,” Hellena implied.

“Oh,” the tomboy sputtered. “Then I might be in the scene once I get my Celica up in running condition again, but not often. I might tear a hole in my wallet if I do so.”

“So, this settles it,” the petite woman concluded. “Though we are starting to sound like antagonists of a drama show.”

“Dramatic beyond belief too,” Nagase added on.

…S/W…

ShinKanjou Clockwise; 10.30pm

“Where are you Ryou?” were the first few words leaving Aikawa’s mouth the moment she hit the Shutokou. “It’s been months.”

Cruising at 90kmh in 3rd, the blonde peeled her eyes, looking for that familiar white sports saloon in the Wangan stretch before filtering to the left to the route towards the C1 Loop. Her heart wrenched at the thought of not being able to see Ryou if she missed this opportunity; it could be her one and only chance. Passing by the rest area before a wide left corner, the blonde could only picture out several possibilities that could occur should she see that white Chaser. Hesitation kicked in, unsure of what, and how she could deal with it- familiar aftermarket spoilers was spotted on a sports saloon leaving the rest area. She tapped on the brakes, bring her speed down to 60kmh. She wanted to make sure it was the same Chaser by reading the number plate.

The white Toyota exited the rest area, not knowing the blonde’s presence. Blue eyes gazed at its number plate before panic kicked in from within. No doubt, there it was.

“Ryou!” Twin-tails responded before flooring the throttle, catching up with the white saloon.

However, just before she could reach right next to the Toyota, the sedan took off, as if not wanting to be seen.

“R-Ryou, wait!” thought Aikawa, still in 3rd while entering the wide corner. “Why are you avoiding me?”

“Not now Aikawa. Please, not now. I’m still searching. I’m searching for that orange R34 that got Tessa into a coma.”
PMEmail Poster
GinjaNinja
  Posted: Apr 6 2008, 04:18 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,562

geezus outlaw my eyes can't keep up with the amount of text fear2.gif if its possible i want to volunteer as a heel (bad guy in the movie) provided if my character is somewhat suitable towards the direction of the storyline.

I'll provide u with a description of what i look like (my personal pictures are copyrighted) the specs of my vehicle and the character discription that would / may dictate the future angles / storylines

Great stories tho and even greater if u can do some research on car modifications, performance car tuning and apply the technologies within the storylines to make it more surreal

thats my 2 cents

This post has been edited by GinjaNinja on Apr 6 2008, 04:26 AM
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Apr 6 2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

QUOTE (GinjaNinja @ Today at 4:18 AM)
geezus outlaw my eyes can't keep up with the amount of text fear2.gif if its possible i want to volunteer as a heel (bad guy in the movie) provided if my character is somewhat suitable towards the direction of the storyline.

I'll provide u with a description of what i look like (my personal pictures are copyrighted) the specs of my vehicle and the character discription that would / may dictate the future angles / storylines

Great stories tho and even greater if u can do some research on car modifications, performance car tuning and apply the technologies within the storylines to make it more surreal

thats my 2 cents

I would have done so if I had not have a plot line by my side. tongue.gif

As for car modifications and the like, unfortunately, even though I'm already 18 and eligible to have a car license, I don't due to budget constraints in the family. However, I do try to visualise and do a bit of research on how cars react and how they would perform on the streets, circuits, and highways. However, the prose itself does not use 'true realism'.

If you have heard the anime 'Black Lagoon', my prose's physics are almost similar to that in that anime. In my term, I refer to it as 'Pseudo realism' where I explain it as 'part real, part fantasy'. There will be areas where it would be technically impossible, and yes, I've taken note of those.

I've already planned to have another female character in the prose soon. And what car will she drive? It's obvious...

[Highlight Below to know]
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner
PMEmail Poster
GinjaNinja
Posted: Apr 6 2008, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,562

happy.gif oh ic where this is heading, overweight women with tattoos and beer bellys driving around in hias vans beating on pink cars dry.gif actually that would make a telling story, so long there's no fwd hondas!!!! oh please!!!! i beg u blink.gif are we going to see naaaaawwwwwwwwzzzzzz anytime soon? grin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Apr 7 2008, 01:53 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Actually, I've gone way past the FWD Hondas. I've dealt with it in the earlier chapters, where in teh end, the FNF Yankee gets killed when a truck cab crashes into him with no time to react. Of course, Asia's truck cab aren't the types where one might find in America. Asia's truck cabs.... err...

user posted image

As for what you expect with that Muscle car... well... I've read through one thread in another forum, and it sparked me an idea when one member mentioned about a close friend of his owning a muscle car... So I thought... Why not? It'll add on to the humour. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
truballer1724
Posted: Apr 11 2008, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,590

Thanks. You've inspired me to start writing. You've also made me want a car even more.

This post has been edited by truballer1724 on Apr 11 2008, 05:17 PM
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Apr 12 2008, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

New character arrives!
Motoko Shiranui
user posted image

----------------------

The hint of the beginning of the end,
The climax may draw near,
However one could say far-fetched,
It could have been simply the end of the beginning.

…S/W…

Let The Good Times Roll
By: Yngwie Malmsteen

I'm casting pearls before the swine.
I think I must be losing my mind.
You tried to leave me high and dry.
Yes you nearly left me to die.
Sticks and stones may break my bones.
But your words, they never hit home.
Time to say good-bye to all the pain.
And chase away the rain.

Now there is wind in my sails.
And I cannot fail.

Let the good times roll.
Let the good times roll.

I'm a soldier and I will fight.
On through the darkness and into the light.
Now the ace is up my sleeve.
It's so good it's hard to believe.
I will take the journey to the end.
Until there is nothing left for you to defend.
Now the tables are being turned.
And it's time for you to burn.

Now there is wind in my sails.
And I cannot fail.

Let the good times roll.
Let the good times roll.

[Guitar solo]

Let the good times roll.
Let the good times roll.
Let the good times roll.

…S/W…

22nd Stage
Torn, And A Hemi

Confusion and uncertainty settled in Aikawa’s mind the moment she noticed the familiar white Chaser taking off instead of coming to a halt. Instinct caused the blonde to floor the throttle of her Z at mid-apex. The sudden surge of acceleration was enough to lunge the 1970’s coupe closer towards the Toyota, though still remaining in 3rd gear at 220kmh. Exiting on the outside lane as the same as the Chaser, the blonde geared up into 4th before flooring the throttle. The only way she would be able to stop Ryou from fleeing was to get ahead, and then slow him down to a halt, if that was possible to begin with. A sense of both urgency and confusion still remained in her mind. One being the pressure of how to get more power onto the Z, while worrying for Ryou was the other.

Her mind was still in a mess as she hit 5th at 270kmh. A short straightaway was to her advantage at this point; she could at least catch up and tailgate the Chaser through the next wide right bend before overtaking at the straight across the Rainbow Bridge. Entering the right turn on the inside lane, Twin-tails eased on the accelerator, allowing the Z to slow down through the corner as tyres squealed, a desperate sign of traction. Mild understeer occurred at mid-apex, but as the speed dropped to 200kmh, the warmed up, hard compound tyres gripped the dry asphalt, aiding the black Nissan through the corner on the outside lane. Even though she had done a hasty move in attempts to overtake the sports saloon, Ryou’s white Toyota managed to keep ahead. That had Aikawa wondering about what he had done to the Chaser.

“He might have packed in more power to the wheels. He’s faster through the corners somehow,” thought Twin-tails after realizing the difference Ryou’s Toyota had compared before the crash.

Down shifting to 3rd, the blonde went full tilt on the accelerator, knowing that the straight through the Rainbow Bridge might be her only chance to overtake the stubborn man. Still tailgating the Chaser at that moment, blue eyes peered at the road ahead, just in case if there were any vehicles at cruising speed. None, she thought. That was when she reacted, though hastily at a certain point. Lane-changing at 200kmh, the rear of the Z began to slide slightly towards the road divider, though it was dealt easily with a bit of countersteer, and releasing the accelerator, just enough for the rear wheel to recover. Speed loss was minor, but the main problem was Ryou himself; as if deliberately, he steered the Chaser into the lane where Aikawa was. That had the blonde tapping on the brakes in order to prevent a collision.

“What- what are you thinking?” Twin-tails uttered out, while steering her black Z into the other lane. “You never use to be like this, idiot!”

However, as swiftly as the Chaser could, the white sports saloon managed to weave its way into the same lane as Aikawa’s. That reaction had the blonde literally furious, apart from being worried. Frustration kicked in hard for the petite blonde before she decided on something she would never do; ramming the tail of the Toyota. At around mid-point of crossing the Rainbow Bridge, still in 3rd gear, she floored the throttle, this time aiming for the rear bumper of the Chaser, in hopes of signaling her seriousness about the matter. The sudden jerk caused by the ramming had Ryou lunging forward slightly before his eyes turned to look at the rear view mirror. Ryou only wanted to have a quick glance at what the blonde was doing in order to catch his attention; but instead, it turned out to be a gaze. The rich man could only stare at a frustrated woman behind the wheel of the black S30Z. As much as Ryou could put in the blonde’s shoes, he knew she wanted to see him right now.

But Tessa…

The thought of that German hospitalized and in a coma was enough to tear his soul apart. And right now about Aikawa, everything seemed to be a mess; all too similar like a love triangle. A frown formed on Ryou’s face, somehow confused and disturbed by the matter. Ryou often drowned his broken relationship with Tessa by downing several cans of beer, and always had Aikawa as his drinking partner whenever it occurred. Of course, brawls did occur between him and that Japanese blonde, but somehow Aikawa did not mind, as if used to such situations. Even quarrels did spark out during the drinking sessions, Aikawa’s sudden change in behaviour whenever she was drunk was enough to mute Ryou. Even though the blonde never had such sorrowful events around her, it always seemed that the blonde was just there, waiting for something. Just… waiting for something from Ryou.

“Aikawa,” the one in the white Toyota uttered before another jerk from behind by Twin-tails got him back into reality. “Wh-what?”

A moderate right bend was next, and speeds up to 240kmh at the point of entry were a little too much. Heavy braking ensued, with the sports saloon inducing oversteer as the rear slid outwards, even though Ryou had managed to get its speed down to 150kmh in 2nd. Aikawa, on the other hand, being in a lightweight coupe, remained in 3rd while remaining on the outside lane. There might be a possibility where the sliding Chaser would recover on the inside. Brake lights lit up on the white Toyota again, but only for a short moment. Front tyres were already turning to the direction of the road, but only slightly. Going full tilt on the wheel at that point might cause a snapback, putting both Ryou and Aikawa in danger. Fortunately though, the tyres regained traction at around mid-apex of the said corner, and as expected by Aikawa’s prediction, the Chaser hit the inside lane as a result.

Both cars were hitting around 160kmh by that point, and another straight before an S-turn into C1 ShinKanjou were the next obstacles. The blonde saw this straight as a last time chance to take the lead, else she would not be able to stop that blasted man. Aikawa floored the accelerator the moment she saw the chance on the outer lane. Rear tyres squealed at the sudden change of thrust while desperately trying to regain traction. She hit 4th gear just before the revs went over the redline. Her dark brown eyes peered towards the direction where Ryou was; the Toyota was heading its way to block her attempt at overtaking. Fear kicked in for the blonde. She had to take a risky chance right now else she will not be able to do so at the C1 Loop; her abilities at that section were simply below average compared to the ShinKanjou and Yokohane. The front bumper of the white sports saloon was edging into the outer lane while Aikawa’s S30Z powered straight towards it. Her hands felt numb at that moment, feeling as if there was no way she could make it out without heavy braking and staying on the rear bumper of the Toyota. Not a word left her mouth, and even with the rampaging V6 engine under the bonnet screaming at her, silence was what she encountered. She shut her eyes, somehow not wanting to see what would happen in the following seconds.

A faint, yet audible graze was heard. Her heart wrenched at that point of time, expecting a fatal crash, considering the last time she glanced at the speedometer; her lightweight Nissan was tapping 260kmh. However, all she heard was simply the engine roar from the Toyota passing by her, and that was it. She cracked her eyes open, wondering what had occurred. No doubt, Twin-tails had managed to make the needed overtake from Ryou, though a possibility that the right fender of her S30Z might have suffered a scratch from the graze. A heavy sigh of relief left her mouth, though she knew by then that she had to keep ahead while trying ways to stop Ryou from escaping. 280kmh was shown on the Nissan’s speedometer, and the S-turns were within view. Her left foot was already on the brake pedal; she had the intention to remain in 4th gear while dealing the bends. The problem was, the Chaser was on the opposing lane, where Aikawa had intended to do so. Lane-changing was impossible for a certain reason; Ryou was right up to the rear fender of the black S30Z. The blonde had to think fast at that point. Another decision was made.

“Here goes,” she thought before initiating her reaction.

Turning the wheel hard, Twin-tails steered the coupe into the lane where Ryou was. However, just halfway of doing so, brake lights came up that literally had the man into a world of panic by slamming the brake pedal just to avoid her. Ryou steered his sports saloon into the inside lane, which he had did successfully, but at the cost of losing considerable speed. His eyes then turned to the direction where Aikawa was.

“Too reckless,” he commented. “Too reckless to the point I can no longer recognize you, Aikawa.”

Twin-tails tapped on the brakes to reduce speed to an acceptable 200kmh for entry of the first bend, then applying more braking throughout the corner, down to a safe 140kmh, with the revs literally at low range. Turbo lag occurred, where the Z’s power was lacking. A faint ‘tch’ was heard from her before a hasty downshift into 2nd was made. However, not thinking through while doing so, Aikawa floored the gas pedal at that moment, literally had the coupe oversteering towards the outside of the upcoming right bend. Panic kicked in as she countersteered into the direction of the next corner prematurely. The rear of the Z swung into the direction of the next corner, literally sending the coupe into an unexpected powerslide. The Z’s speed continued to drop; now at 100kmh. Traction was what Twin-tails seriously needed at that point of time- she geared up into 3rd. That allowed the revs to drop. The spinning tyres, this time round, began to gain grip on the asphalt, pushing the coupe into the direction of the second bend, recovering from the powerslide. However, while she was pre-occupied with getting her coupe out of the situation, Ryou’s white Chaser managed to sneak past her on the inside lane, regaining the lead.

“No!” was what Twin-tails uttered out the moment she found out the outcome. “Don’t leave me behind!”

Aikawa did not think for a second thought from that point onwards; all she just wanted to do was stop Ryou from escaping. Desperation was the word she was looking for. She was desperate to see him again for some reason. She was desperate, feeling that she might not be able to see Ryou again. There was this fear within Aikawa, that she might be able to confess her feelings to him. As much as she tried to cast it aside as a nuisance, there was no doubt.

She had fallen for him.

The twin-turbochargers of her Fairlady kicked in by the time its speed tapped 150kmh. Revs rose considerably fast from that point onwards, just enough to throw the coupe ahead, reaching 180kmh by the time it filtered out from the connecting bridge into C1 ShinKanjou. The Chaser was just about ten metres ahead of her; Ryou was still catchable at that point. All she needed to do was floor the throttle, and overtake by any means. Redlining in 3rd, she shifted the gear knob into 4th, allowing the coupe to tap higher speeds as her eyes stole a quick glance at the speedometer before turning her attention to Ryou; 245kmh. Fortunately for the blonde, the white Toyota steered into the C1 ShinKanjou Inner Loop; at least Aikawa could perform at that particular section of the C1 instead of the Outer Loop. Slipstreaming behind the JZX100, Twin-tails remained on tailgating it until the next S-bends.

“Aikawa, what exactly are you thinking?” Ryou uttered in his white sports saloon, getting ready for the upcoming S-bend.

Brake lights lit up on both vehicles- the black Nissan turned early into the first left corner at the same gear. That caught the man’s attention; he knew the blonde would never do such a hasty move, considering that she turned even before entering the bend itself. Front wheels turned hard into the first corner for both cars, with the Nissan doing so several moments earlier. The tail of the black coupe began to slide out, as expected by the harsh and rather sudden change of direction. Ryou could only look in fear for Aikawa’s life in the Chaser while entering the first bend in 2nd at 130kmh. He remained on the outside throughout, hoping that the blonde would recover from the oversteer without crashing into his sedan.

Twin-tails, once again, was thrown into a world of panic the moment she initiated that hasty move of rushing into the first bend. Still in 4th, she countersteered into the direction of the next right hander. Front wheel gripped the asphalt; however, it only caused a violent snapback, this time sliding into the opposite direction, literally heading towards where Ryou was heading to.

“No!” she yelped in the Nissan, downshifting into 2nd at the same time.

Turning the steering wheel all the way to the opposing end, the blonde could no longer think straight. Her mind was officially in a total mess from that point onwards. Anything other than preventing the car from crashing was no longer a priority. The ‘Angel Z’ did manage to steer clear of the second bend, but yet again, another snapback occurred. Brown eyes from the blonde stared at the divider where the Z was heading to. Pure fear engraved into her mind. Aikawa, once again, felt numb; helpless at the current situation. The only thing she saw from that point onwards was the speedometer, then pitch black darkness while the sounds of metallic parts bending and crashing into the firm divider overwhelmed her. Inertia played its part at that point, somehow throwing the coupe around before the front slammed into something hard, most probably the road barrier.

150kmh

Silence was what Twin-tails could hear. The engine was no longer running; dead. Brown eyes rolled, staring at the 3-point seatbelt that managed to keep her in place while the crash occurred right before her. Trembling hands unbuckled the seatbelts before opening the door. It did so, just. The petite woman had to exert a bit of force in order to keep it open before she got out, where she stumbled to the tarmac; her legs felt numb from the collision. Her hands grasped onto the seemingly unharmed rear fender, in order to keep her standing. But no matter, her vision somehow was hazy at that point of time. Her breaths were heavy, while her head felt light, as if she was swaying to and fro. A figure from a distance was seen, somehow running towards her. She could not make out who it was before the top half of her body slumped onto the rear of the black Nissan. She could not tell whether she was injured, nor figure out why she was doing so, getting out of her wrecked coupe. Everything she did seemed to be done by instinct. The figure from just now was now within an arm’s reach. A voice rang into her ears; she thought she could no longer hear it again, but there it was.

“Aikawa! Are you all right?” Ryou asked in a very worrisome manner, holding the blonde firmly in order to prevent her from stumbling to the ground. “I better get you to the hospital now.”

“Ryou?” was Twin-tails’ slurred response before tears ran down her face. “Is that really you?”

She stared at him for the longest time while being supported by Ryou. The man, now showing a concerned look, was left puzzled by the blonde’s odd behavior. The next few moments, however, literally had him stumped. Not caring where they were, the blonde simply bowled over him, which had both of them stumbling onto the asphalt with a hard thud. However, that did not matter the moment Aikawa lip-locked with Ryou at that instant. Her cold hands grasped his arms firmly, not wanting him to leave her side. She then realized what she had done was selfish, but the blonde had to confess it one day, and now might be the chance doing so, even though at the cost of wrecking the black Z. The petite woman pulled away, before uttering a sentence.

“Don’t abandon me, please.”

“But Aikawa…” Ryou responded to that, only to realize how fragile the tough blonde was, before he remained silent.

…S/W…

On the opposite direction of the C1 ShinKanjou, black eyes glanced at the crash site, assuming that it was a crash between two racers. A sigh left her mouth, somehow knowing that she should not be such a busybody at that moment. Her eyes then turned towards the left bend, where she tapped on the brakes before gearing down to 2nd. Revs dropped dramatically to around 3’500rpm before she feathered the accelerator. The supercharged V8 engine under the bonnet grunted coarsely in response before the American muscle car; the 1969, dark brown Plymouth Roadrunner, gripped through the first bend, then onto the next right hander.

Exiting the corner, gently applying more throttle, the revs rose while the initial speed of 100kmh through the bends slingshot to 180kmh, where it began to redline at around 7’000rpm. Not a smile formed on her face as she geared up into 3rd while turning on the indicator, signaling that she was heading towards Yokohane, or possibly the Wangan straight.

Other than her seemingly slitted black eyes, the 28 year old sported a straight long black hair that was tied to a high ponytail. Her attire, amusingly, was of a long sleeved white kendo jacket with her partially exposed ample bosoms wrapped and held firmly by a sarashi, and deep brown hakama, while footwear was of a typical men’s’ sandals. Resting on the rear passenger seats was her wooden sword; after all, she is a kendo teacher in one of the dojo here in Tokyo. However, that was not the issue; it was her height. Standing at 1.60m, most people who witnessed her emerging from the big, massive Roadrunner would often had them surprised, even though she sported a rather muscular body due to the aggressive training while she was a kendo student in her high school days.

Her eyes took attention at one of the overhead signs that read ‘Wangan’. A sigh left her mouth; it had been almost a year since her last race or even just speeding down the Shutokou. Her schedule was too crammed during that period; hence she had to put aside her hobby in order to attend to her work. Now that everything had been dealt for and settled, she has more free time, hence resuming the stint here.

“Me and my supercharged V8 muscle car. Look out Shutokou,” she muttered in her Roadrunner. “Motoko Shiranui is back.”

Flashing headlights from a local yellow Honda NSX caught the brunette’s attention. Judging by how the Japanese supercar was lowered slightly, and its aftermarket rear spoiler, it might have been tuned for the Wangan straight, where Motoko was heading. They were only crossing the Rainbow Bridge, but it was enough; the straight through the bridge should be enough to outrun that Honda. Currently at 120kmh in 3rd, she downshifted into 2nd before gradually applying more throttle to the gas pedal. The NSX took a quick lead before the muscle car regained its lead the moment it geared up into 3rd at 180kmh.

The front lip and rear ducktail spoiler provided enough downforce for the rather boxy Plymouth. Its ancient live-axle suspension was exchanged for MacPherson ones, hence allowing the muscle car to be more stable on the straights and having better handling through the corners. Brakes were upgraded to disc variants with an ABS system from a modern Chevrolet Camaro to enhance braking ability while high performance, hard compound tyres were used. In short, about almost every aspect on the Roadrunner had been upgraded with modern technology, with the exception of its 426 Hemi engine. Minor tweaking had been done to the engine to boost its power before a supercharger was bolted on. An aftermarket final drive unit was installed into the gearbox, which enabled the muscle car to reach speeds up to 360kmh. It had been quite a while since she last tested it on a rolling road. But judging from that time when she first got the results of its power to the wheels, the Plymouth tapped about 860bhp. However, it was the torque reading that caught her attention; considering that it soared past the 1000N/m mark, the Roadrunner was a brute when it came to acceleration wise. Flooring the throttle would only meant excessive wheelspin.

A faint, yet cold smile formed on Motoko’s face as the roaring supercharged V8 screamed through the revs now at 260kmh. An up shift was heard from the NSX, however it was powerless to even catch up to the Plymouth; it seemed to gain the lead, and kept up widening the lead. A moderate left hander was next. That amused the brunette; even though she was widening the gap, the Honda was still in her rear view mirror.

“You’re fast, but not fast enough,” she thought before tapping on the brakes and turning into the bend at 220kmh.

However, even with the upgrades done to the muscle car, somehow it was rather prone to understeer around corners. Depressing the brake pedal through the bend, at about 195kmh, the Plymouth finally gripped through the corner while feathering the throttle until mid-apex, where she floored it. Rear wheels spun rather aggressively for a moment before the thick rear tyres regained traction onto the asphalt, allowing it to exit the bend on the outside lane without a hint of understeer. Ensuring that the Honda would not catch up later on, Motoko kept on flooring the throttle, where she later hit top gear; 4th. Sharp-looking eyes took a quick glance at the rear view mirror; the NSX was still there, but too vague to make out.

“My victory,” she claimed before a thought ran through her mind. “Though, I might need to tune the suspension again, do something with that old differential the Roadrunner came with, and probably fresh new tyres by next month or so. Next month might be going to be a hard month. I hope I saved enough money for my planned works to this Plymouth throughout that one year when I was on hiatus.”

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Apr 13 2008, 01:03 AM
PMEmail Poster
Betrayal Jack Kn..
Posted: Apr 13 2008, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,001

Nice work, and it's interesting to see an American muscle car from that era thrown into the mix (honestly thought it was going to be a modern muscle car).

Just wondering if someone who gets wind of these vehicles tries to bring a Veyron into the mix.

Great job, can't wait for the next installment.
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Finaly, I'm back from a damn long hiatus! Now then before I get my arse into writing this damn prose again, here's the revised versions of the characters' looks. Some have been revamped, while one or two have been tweaked due to the storyline...

Minoru Hasegawa
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Kagura Ishida
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Aikawa Takashizawa
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Hellena
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Tokiko Ren
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Ryou Shima
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Nagase Kizuato
Before (UGh, what was I thinking!?)
user posted image

After (I know I forgot to change her eye colour to green, blast it!)
user posted image

Tessa Schneider
Before
user posted image

After
user posted image

Now then, I'm going to get myself into writing this darn prose. How? I'll find a way how. I cannot confirm when will the next chapter drop in, okay?
PMEmail Poster
truballer1724
Posted: Jul 16 2008, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

cool, take your time : )
PMEmail Poster
Torque
Posted: Jul 19 2008, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 2,790

were can i get that program?
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

23rd Stage
Brewing

Minoru’s residence had never been so tense before. The powerhouse could only sense a sudden change of mood in the air just after Aikawa returned. He had been busy with his work in the last few weeks, to the point he was literally absent from the highway scene. However, there was another issue to that; that Tommykaira seemed to have a life of its own. He saw it with his own eyes back then. The coupe just drove on its own, without Minoru’s help. That was one of the reasons why he hesitated to get into the blood red R these days. But no matter he was hoping that it might be a problem on the car itself. A heavy sigh left his mouth as he resumed with his weekly sweeping ritual on the pavement that leads to the main gate of the household. After all, he did own the house in the first place before converting it to a unisex dormitory.

“There might be a possibility that the gas pedal is jammed. But the gear shifting… I can’t accept the fact that it’s alive. It’s just beyond natural,” thought Minoru- the main door of the household opened, with Aikawa, making a beeline towards him.

“I seemed to have a memo from Nagase about that Tommykaira having problems; I noticed you haven’t been touching that car for a while as well. Is the problems really that serious?” asked the blonde in a very unnatural manner; for her to get into the subject like that feels faked.

The owner of the R, knowing that any intrusion to Aikawa’s privacy at that time would only crumble their friendship, decided to follow along as he explained what had occurred when he was barreling through the Rainbow Bridge before the hard right hander. Once again, it was unusual for the petite woman to be all ears, and not interrupting Minoru’s explanation to clear her doubts. By that point of time, he knew the blonde was acting out of character. Minoru paused halfway through his conversation, hoping that at least the blonde could give a hint to him about her unusual behaviour. But unfortunately, being a rather mentally strong woman, the powerhouse’s attempts were for nothing. A sigh left his mouth before resuming his explanation in detail.

It felt like hours for Minoru, considering the tense situation at that moment, but Aikawa’s sudden movements broke the ice before dialing on her cellphone.

“We best take this Tommykaira on a tow truck. We’ll head for Terao’s place to check things up. One thing I might be interested is the power it has. Something is just not right with it. And yes, we might need to do a complete overhaul on the car, down to the frame. Pray hard Terao allows payment by installments. This R needs to be rebuilt in some way,” commented the petite lass before being occupied by the call.

Minoru, who was still a bit concerned about the blonde, remained silent for a few seconds before uttering the most sensitive word, “Ryou.”

Twin-tails froze just after she finished her call. Brown eyes stared at each other before Aikawa opened up, though indirectly.

“I wrecked my Z, all right? Hellena’s staying with Tokiko at the moment as well, and Kagura just got a new job; a florist. I haven’t done anything yet to the Z; my finances are getting unstable at the moment. I have to hold it off until it’s secure again. It’s at Terao’s at the moment.”

“I…see,” the brunette replied before he got into the cockpit of the Tommykaira. “I guess the tow truck isn’t coming, right? You did sigh at one point, as far as I noticed your reactions.”

Wrapping her arms, the blonde could only let out a faint ‘tch’ before remarking, “There are times where even knowing too much gets you into trouble. We best head there. Don’t you even think of goosing the gas past 50kmh. That throttle problem you said is enough to make me feel uneasy.”

… … …

Fortunately for Twin-tails, the Tommykaira had no problems cruising it way towards Terao’s workshop, even though Minoru had to raise up the speed to at least 80kmh on the Shuto Highway. It would be unbelievable if he were to be fined for lane hogging in a beast like the Tommykaira. The thought of it was just ridiculous. A grunt was heard from a familiar someone as the duo entered the workshop premises of Kizuato Car Services; none other than the butch, Nagase. Countering it came from Minoru himself, where he got out of the R while leaving the engine running, and responded with a smirk. The tanned woman could only take a step back, stumped by the sudden, yet weird reaction that powerhouse had did.

“What? Not used to me doing that kind of smirk?” teased the owner of the red Nissan before keeping a distance from the butch, just in case a chase were to happen.

“Testing my patience here, huh? Anyway, dad’s in the office. We predicted that that maniacal beast might need a huge overhaul, from the engine, right down to the frame,” Nagase replied, controlling her temper in such a situation before Twin-tails went up ahead to meet Terao. “Get going, I’ll set the R up in a garage while you discuss with him.”

Minoru, hoping to at least poke fun at the 27 year old woman, let out a heavy sigh. It seemed that even Nagase was taking the matter seriously as well. Maybe it might concern about Aikawa; maybe, just maybe. A holler from the blonde from a distance caught the powerhouse’s attention, they had to discuss on how payment will be settled, and what other optional modifications he might have in mind. Of course, there was one thing he wanted to have on the Tommykaira; get more power to the engine. However, he had to consider on reinforcing the car frame as well; the body had to withstand such brute power the straight-6, twin-turbocharged engine produced. Else, the coupe would simply waste the excess power. Another sigh left his mouth. He knew things might get even more complicated from this point onwards.

This was the first time he felt so unwilling to go to the office before work can be done; usually Terao would already be at the garage reserved for him, and immediately do up the Tommykaira. Minoru dragged his feet towards the office, before noticing both the said man and the blonde sitting on a sofa, very much having a serious discussion. Very much Minoru wanted to say, it felt so cold, and tense. It seriously felt he had been left out by something of huge proportions. He could not blame his work from interfering his stint in the Shuto Highway; it was his source of income. But at least someone should have told him about the events that had occurred. Slumping onto a separate couch near the sofa, the powerhouse finally listened to the chat between Terao and Aikawa. For a moment though, it felt like a heated discussion.

“As far I examined it, it will cost a bomb to fully repair your Z. The engine’s beyond repair; the only thing I can get it fixed is the frame and body. You need to get another engine,” the middle aged man stated the obvious, not wanting to get the message all muddled.

Twin-tails crossed her arms before shooting back, “How that is possible, the whole engine could not survive? Even the turbochargers are goners?”

“Like I said,” Terao replied with a confident tone before lighting a cigarette. “As gone as wreckage.”

“Damn,” she scowled under her breath before moving on. “We’ll talk about my car later. Now, about Minoru’s Tommykaira. Read the message I sent to you via cellphone?”

“Did so. However, I’m stumped by the fact that the R was having queer problems. We best head for the garage first; it’s best to inspect it first hand instead of lugging around in my office like potato couches,” said Terao before his eyes turned towards the slumped Minoru, literally looking like a lazy bum. “Get up, kid. It’s your car we’re talking about now.”

“Really?” the powerhouse’s attention perked before jumping to his feet. “Then we best do so. I’ll go on ahead and see what Nagase’s up to.”

As the figure called Minoru dashed off to the garage where the R was, the middle aged man switched topics again, this time about Aikawa’s problems, “About Ryou.”

The blonde knew she would be asked about it by that mechanic. Knowing that she could not avoid the matter from Terao, she gave in, literally.

“Ryou’s downright serious of defeating Da Pimpz. However, the air around him just makes me feel uneasy. I know he wanted revenge since that group sent Tessa into a coma, but I never knew he would go lengths to achieve it. He’s no longer the same Ryou as my drinking partner. He’s changed. And also, he still has his sights on Tessa, even though the conflicts between them did destroy the team they run. I know I admitted my affection to him, but it just feels as if I’m a background character to Ryou,” Aikawa spilled it all, though not shedding a tear. “Look, I can’t even decide whether I should be furious at myself, or break down sobbing. It’s that complicated.”

“Life is hard, but to run your life with your expectations is harder. You will have to make a lot of cutting corners and compromises in the long run. Take me for example. My wife left me and my daughter due to one reason; the love for cars and getting our hands stained with oil and grease. We went for our expectations over a family member. And I have to admit, that was my biggest loss, ever. Now you know why I pester Nagase to get married?” the middle aged man responded before stubbing his cigarette. “Now then, we’ll talk about that later. I have a gut feeling that woman is chasing Minoru right now.”

As much Terao did not want to see it occurring, it did, though it does feel similar to a hunter with a net chasing a monkey bouncing around. Twin tails planted her face onto her right hand, realizing how childish Minoru could get. Terao could not care less about it; after all, he expected such chaos in the first place. While Nagase and Minoru busied themselves in a little wrestling competition in the background, the other two began troubleshooting the Tommykaira. The middle aged man went straight for the throttle control issue. He was puzzled; there was nothing wrong about it. His eyes turned to Aikawa, who was checking the brake system. As it turns out even the blonde was stumped. No leaks, not even a bit. Doubt soon turned the duo’s attention to both Minoru and Nagase, who had claimed those problems.

“Nagase, Minoru, get the Tommykaira on the rolling road, now,” Terao insisted in a rather firm voice. “There are no problems to the throttle and brakes.”

“You’re kidding me, right?” Minoru responded with an amused tone. “I’m not lying about it. I’m sure!”

… … …

Shuto Highway, Wangan Outbound
Nearing Daikoku Junction

Motoko glanced at her wrist watch for a split second to confirm the time; 4.40pm. Damn, she thought. Very much she wanted to blitz down the Wangan straight at this hour, she would not want to risk of getting a ticket for speeding in broad daylight. At least at night, little to no traffic police would interfere, judging by her experience. Turning the indicators on to signal her that she was filtering to the left and onto the connecting bridge to the Daikoku route, she geared down to 2nd, allowing her Plymouth muscle car to respond quickly as she goosed the throttle to the lane she was heading to. She had gotten fresh new tyres for the Roadrunner, but the suspensions felt rather loose and soft. She felt as if she was driving a boat, not a car.

“These MacPherson struts… Even though they’re better than live-axle ones, it still understeers,” thought the brunette before turning to the left, still in second while maintaining a speed of 70kmh. “It’s high time for this car to have double wishbone suspension. Hope I still have enough in the bank.”

She had the intention of heading for the parking area; hence she could simply wait till night falls. Then, Motoko would hit the highway again and head on towards Yokohane Inbound, where she would put the new tyres to the test. However, there were some things that she had in mind, one of which was about the Tommykaira R. She had heard about it while she was on hiatus from the Shutokou. It was back, but did it get stronger with its new owner, or the opposite? That was the question she needed to know right now. But the chances of encountering that blood red R would be slim; there might even be a possibility of copycats running around the highway as well. A heavy sigh left her mouth before turning the wheel of her muscle car into the parking area. And considering the notorious fame this particular rest stop had, she was not surprised to see several tuned sedans, coupes, even wagons, all parked, just waiting for night time to fall. However, there was… one particular sports saloon that caught her eye; a silver Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 that was parked slightly away from the row of tuned cars. It was then she decided to park her muscle car next to it.

Very much as she liked her Plymouth, Motoko does have a soft spot for decent looking saloons like the Galant, but chances of seeing one being used as a tuner’s car, let alone running around the Shutokou was uncommon. Getting out from her Roadrunner, the brunette simply admired the simplistic modifications done on the body itself. Only the front and rear spoilers were of aftermarket parts, and did not break the flow of the saloon’s looks. Her best bets on the Mitsubishi were very much located under the hood. She was sure the engine was heavily tuned, and the body strengthened to withstand the power- she paused before turning to the direction where she felt a sudden presence.

“Animal-like instincts you have there, lady,” commented a man with spectacles. “Nice muscle car you have there as well.”

The Kendo teacher then took a short moment of observing the assumed 25 year old person. Standing at a respectable height of 1.76 metres, he sported deep brown short hair that was combed neatly, and away from his eyes, where he wore a pair of black rimmed spectacles. His attire was of a short sleeved white shirt and ash grey trousers, while footwear was of balmorals. But even so, it felt as if his image reflects to the Mitsubishi, so maybe…

“Seems that you have been paying much attention to my Galant ever since I took notice of your Plymouth’s presence,” he replied in a rather relaxed manner.

Motoko took a step back; somehow amused that someone knew the make of the muscle car, “You seemed to know a lot about American cars.”

“Lacking knowledge of uncommon cars is a major disadvantage; you will never know its weakness unless you learn about it beforehand. Anyway, Kensuke Toshiki here,” the spectacled man introduced himself.

“Motoko Shiranui,” the brunette responded. “Anyway, how much power in the Galant?”

“Not much; 700bhp. That’s enough power to get this rear bias, four-wheel drive saloon barreling through the Yokohama and Yokohane sections. Yours?”

“860bhp. Mostly through ShinKanjou, Wangan, and Yokohane. Though I do have plans to change the MacPherson struts to double wishbone setups. This Roadrunner is still understeering.”

“I see, but it seems that you’re searching for something, judging that you’re here to wait till nightfall,” said Kensuke before getting into his Galant, though leaving the driver’s door open.

“Yes, the Tommykaira R. I’m searching for it,” answered Motoko, turning to the Galant driver.

“Unfortunately, he had not been active in the Shutokou for a while now ever since the crash of an Audi in the Wangan straight. My guess is that he might be doing more tune ups to the blood red R.”

“Then I guess my presence here is for naught. Or maybe, we could have a small race down Yokohane. You did say you cover that section of the Shutokou, right?”

“Well, I can’t turn down your offer; it had been a while since I’ve been here. I’ve spent too much time in Gunma; no wonder I moved to Tokyo,” Kensuke replied before firing up his laptop.

“Well, I am making plans to move into Tokyo, just looking for a place to live,” said the woman.

“How about you live in a unisex dormitory that Tommykaira racer owns?”

“W-what?”

… … …

Kizuato Car Services

Terao and his daughter had been doing test runs on power, and it seemed that they have received consistent results; the R’s power tapped 900bhp. However, considering that Minoru insisted that there was more to the coupe, he volunteered to goose the throttle this time round. The middle aged man was very much unwilling to do so, but considering that powerhouse’s nature, he had to give in.

“All right, one more try. If the power is still the same, I’ll have permission to whack you, like what my daughter would do, for wasting my time. Fair enough?” Terao threatened, trying to control his temper, even though he had a cool headed nature.

Without a word, Minoru pressed the throttle. Nagase and Terao glanced at the laptop to see the read outs. Not a single word left their mouths at what they had seen. Even Aikawa, who took a peek moments later, too, was stumped. How was it possible in the first place, they asked in their minds. After all, Terao and Nagase did get a consistent 900bhp when they applied the throttle. But this… The powerhouse ceased applying the throttle and got off from the cockpit, eager to see if there was anything weird that could change their minds about the blood red R.

“Guys? How was it? Found anything queer this time round?” he asked, not realizing the shocked states from the other three. “Hey, Terao, Nagase, Aikawa, you hear me?”

He never received a response. That was when the powerhouse knew there was something off about it. He took a glance at the screen of the laptop, and saw the read outs. His eyes widened. Did he just extracted that much power from the engine compared to Terao and Nagase tapping 900bhp? Minoru could not believe it…

How on earth did he manage to extract 1000bhp from the Tommykaira R?
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Aug 11 2008, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Member No.: 825

Ahh this is still a great fanfic! I've read it since the beginning. Wonder how it will end...
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Aug 20 2008, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

QUOTE (outlaw-2 @ Mar 27 2008, 07:25 AM)

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
SouthSideSlider
Posted: Aug 20 2008, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 3,439

hey man its been a long long time. i was wondering what ever happened to kenneth? and im guessing kensuke is the Galant Kenneth was working on at E-cubed?
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
outlaw-2
Posted: Aug 23 2008, 03:20 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Bingo, you got that right. Considering that I have a lot of characters in play. I decided to cirle their turns now instead of adding more characters. XD

Anyway, if you guys were wondering some of the so-called Opening songs of the prose here they are...

1st Opening - Right Now by Dark Angels (Chapters 1 to 12)
http://www.imeem.com/initialdimeemstage/mu...euro_power_mix/
Lyrics: http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/initiald/rightnow.htm

2nd Opening - Dark Chest Of Wonders - Nightwish (Chapters 13 to 22)
http://www.imeem.com/people/J4CQ-lJ/music/...est_of_wonders/
Lyrics: http://www.lyrics007.com/Nightwish%20Lyric...s%20Lyrics.html

3rd Opening - Let The Good Times Roll - Yngwie J.Malmsteen (Chapters 23 onwards)
http://www.imeem.com/mmalmsteen/music/Dxxc...ood_times_roll/
Lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/let-the-good-ti...-malmsteen.html

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Aug 23 2008, 03:22 AM
PMEmail Poster
truballer1724
Posted: Aug 23 2008, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

thanks man!
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Sep 18 2008, 02:01 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Gah, bad news. Seems that my only source of mapping the Shutokou; my PS2, somehow has a spindle problem. I'm currently trying to figure out what the cause is; I assume it's the sensors. So yeah, I am still writing, but limited to what I remember on how the Shutokou looks like.

If anyone can help me or has a copy of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, could you help me record the whole route of Yokohama, both clockwise and anti-clockwise? Also, I may need some help on Yokohane inbound and outbound as well. Of course, if you can record them down. WMMT is no good as they widened the roads, so it's not as real as the one in TXR3.

The only routes I remember are C1 Loop, both directions, C1 ShinKanjou, ShinKanjou, and Wangan straight.

And yes, here's a small teaser of a character in the next chapter...

----------------------
The German
user posted image
The car that got her reputation for having one of the fastest VIP cars...
user posted image

The crash that got her into a coma for months, and often unheard of by many...

But now...

user posted image

She's back... and she's not fooling around this time; and bloody pissed off.

Tessa Schneider
user posted image

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Sep 18 2008, 02:02 AM
PMEmail Poster
outlaw-2
Posted: Sep 19 2008, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

BOOYAH!!!!
-------------------------

24th Stage
The Unexpected Return

2 months later…
Year, 2008

Highway racing activity seemed to have dropped drastically ever since then. Minoru; after knowing that he was able to extract more power than other people in his Tommykaira… he had been hesitating to take it out on the Shutokou. All he had done during that time was simply working overtime, earning at least more than usual. It was a blessing that he has extra surplus for now. But he was not sure what to do with it. Usually he would spend it on fuel for the blood red R, but now… He shook his head and resumed reading the newspaper, trying not to think of that R. He had a hunch what he was doing, but was unsure about it.

“Am I really quitting?” that was the most asked question in his mind.

Sure, he knew that Da Pimpz is still active, though only with two members instead of four. One died before his eyes while another was rumoured to be in heavy debt, and had disappeared without a trace. However, that was not the only thing that bothered him. With the exception of Kagura, the rest in the dormitory just felt different. There was news that Tessa had somewhat disappeared from the hospital, not informing them about her discharge. The only thing is that Ryou had not known about this, and there might be a possibility that that rich man would be in a mess should he find out. However, Ryou’s return to the Shutokou few months ago too had an impact on the twin-tailed lass; none other than Aikawa.

She had bought a third hand, 3rd generation Honda Accord Coupe with her tight budget; just simply she could go to and fro from work. That blonde simply hated public transport. And her wrecked S30Z, it is still resting in one of Terao’s garages, just waiting to be retrieved. The old man had salvaged what he could and repaired them ahead of time. The engine was beyond repair, so does the front suspension, and the driveshaft. The frame was still all right, but was a pain in the butt mending that. Minoru had witnessed the development of Terao’s restoration on that; it was just simply painful seeing that Fairlady in such a state.

“Aikawa might be staying away from the S30Z, but she still has the heart to keep it. If it were me, I would have dumped it and get another similar make,” thought Minoru and once again shaking his head, somewhat in denial. “I got to stop thinking about cars, damn it!”

His frustration led him to crumple the newspaper he had been reading and throwing it to the parquet flooring. A certain woman witnessed it before pacing her way towards Minoru. Kagura had been aware of the changes in the dormitory ever since her discharge from hospital, but she never expected things to dwindle to such a state. Even Hellena had been away for a long time; that redhead had been staying with Tokiko all the while. The albino grabbed her car keys on the dining table; the sound it made had Minoru catching attention. That was when the powerhouse was confronted by that woman.

“Stop being wishy-washy like I used to. It’s almost 10pm. Get in my R32; we’re heading for the C1 ShinKanjou. No buts from you. We got a lot to talk about,”

Kagura’s sudden change in tone had him stumped. Minoru had never seen her with such behaviour; he assumed it was the albino’s self when it came to racing in the Shutokou. But judging from the words that was thrown at him, he knew Kagura was furious; at Minoru. But even so, he had the cheek to object it and paced his way back to his room. Scarily for the first time from the albino, knuckle cracking was heard from her before literally grabbing the powerhouse by the back collar.

“I may work as a florist, but don’t think I can’t drag you out of the dormitory, and into the Shutokou,” warned the busty woman, dragging Minoru at that moment.

Minoru could not utter a word soon after. He somehow knew that if he were to object further on, there might be a possibility that Kagura might show her… He shook his head, not wanting to even picture out the possibility of an alternate outcome. He best tag along with her for now, even though he was not keen on returning to the Shutokou for now.

… … …

C1 ShinKanjou, Outer Loop

Kagura eased on the throttle of her GTR, and geared down to 2nd as she steered the coupe through the tight right hander. Her right foot feathered on the gas, maintaining a reasonable speed of 80kmh until the last quarter of the bend. Not goosing the accelerator, she slipped the gear knob into 4th, while still maintaining 80kmh; there was a lot to talk about their current situation. Cruising down the particular section of the highway, red eyes took a glance at Minoru on the passenger seat. Glum was the word that mirrors to his expression; that negative aura from him seriously irritated Kagura. Whatever happened to his cheery nature? Turning the indicators on to lane change into the inner most lane, she then let out a faint sigh before starting the conversation.

“You know, being all down and out isn’t going to make you move on with life. All you do these days was simply working overtime, and taking no care on that Tommykaira of yours,” the albino broke the ice between them. “Seriously, what’s with you?”

Minoru responded with a shrug before shooting off sarcastically, “You know this is none of your business, right? I have doubts driving that Tommykaira after what I found out with Terao and company. I managed to pull out 1000bhp from the car, while the rest who tried only raked up 900bhp. Heck, even the way we goosed on the gas was the same as well. How would you feel if you notice these queer findings?”

“You think I would bother on such minute issues? I would still continue driving that thing, and find ways to tame it,” Kagura paused midway, before stating the obvious. “You had that mindset back when you first found that Tommykaira. You simply had to tame that beast of a car. Come back to those crazy senses of yours! Yes, you crashed more than us, and yes, you literally went all out, not caring about your surroundings except that blood red R, your rival, and the road ahead of you. But this is what you become after that 100bhp increase you could achieve from the others? I find that bullshit!”

The albino’s sharp words stabbed into Minoru’s mind like bullets through the skull. He turned away, somehow ashamed of what he had turned into. However, such a reaction only threw fuel to the fire Kagura had within. Like a whip, her left back hand came smacking onto the powerhouse’s scalp, expressing her anger. For a moment Minoru felt something rushing from inside. He was not sure whether it was anger, or just a surge of blood rushing through his mind. His hands twitched at that moment, feeling a bit uncomfortable from the albino’s sudden reaction. In fact, this was the first time he had seen that busty woman so riled. As the R32 cruised past the road divider and up on a left bend incline, he recalled the conversation after he found out about the drastic power difference he was able to rack in.

“Minute matter, huh?” thought Minoru.

… … …

“How in the world did you get 100bhp more than us? You sure you hadn’t install any nitrous kit system in it?” Nagase roused her voice, trying to assume realistic possibilities.

“I would never install such an engine murdering device in my car! You know that fact, right?” the powerhouse countered, aiming a fist at the butch.

“Then how is it possible without that kit? I’m sure it’s not what you often said back at the dorm as ‘haunted’ or ‘cursed’,” Aikawa responded, somehow backing Nagase’s mindset.

“Hmph, I don’t even believe about James Dean’s ‘Little Bastard’ disappearance as well. So don’t think I’ll believe on this one as well,” the tanned woman smirked before turning her attention to his father. “So, what do you think is the matter?”

“Not sure,” Terao paused for a moment before suggesting. “Aikawa, you try this time round. If it’s still 900bhp, then it might be a computer error.”

“But I,” Minoru wanted to back up his belief about the Tommykaira being ‘alive’, but he realized that there was nothing he could provide as evidence.

As Twin-tails goosed the accelerator on the rolling road, Terao and Nagase eagerly waited for the results being read out by the laptop. The powerhouse on the other hand was not keen on knowing the results; still insisting on the blood red R’s phenomenon he had back at the Rainbow Bridge. However, just two words from the butch got his attention.

“No way!”

The old man rubbed his scalp, somehow puzzled by the result, again. And this time, he was unsure on how to tell Aikawa about it. Nagase was confused as well. Rubbing her temples, she began thinking of possibilities of what might be the cause.

“Aikawa, you only got 760bhp when you did it. I don’t know what to say now. All I can say is this; we best get overhauling the Tommykaira. Both the engine and the chassis.”

The blonde did not utter a word when she was told about the power she had gotten from the R. In fact, all she responded was a nod, and that was it. That had Minoru puzzled and stumped at the same time. What might be going on through Aikawa’s mind? The powerhouse’s question had been left unanswered till now.

… … …

Minoru was shaken back to reality when Kagura steered hard to the left on a severe S-turn. G-forces had the powerhouse gripping onto the 5-point seat belt before the albino steered the R32 to the opposite direction. With the Nissan on the inside lane, within that few seconds, she geared down to 2nd, feathered on the gas momentarily before flooring it without haste. The peaceful whirr the GTR had made initially soon turned into a scream as a surge of acceleration lunged the black coupe through the corner, though understeering slightly. The computers in the Nissan worked furiously to keep the car planted while maximizing grip throughout the corner, where Kagura managed to clear it on the outside lane, just. The sudden change of pace by the albino had Minoru bewildered. Just moments ago, they were cruising down C1 ShinKanjou, but now-.

“Look behind, someone’s coming up fast,” the busty woman responded. “While doing that, remember the time where your mind just wants more speed and excitement with the Tommykaira. I need your old self back.

The brunette paused at that. Once again, he was not sure what he felt at that time, but there was a sense of importance from Kagura. In frustration, he smacked the side of his head before shaking it vigourously. He needed to do something about it, and it seems… the albino talked sense into him.

“Who cares about power differences? Who cares about the Tommykaira trying to be wild? Who cares whether I’d crash or not? I own that Tommykaira R now, and I will tame it, even if it kills me!” Minoru’s thoughts ran wild before turning his attention to the side view mirror.

Sure enough, a pair of headlights came into view, though it did not flash at them. But the fact that it was lunging its way nearer to the GTR was simply staggering. Was it even possible for such a car to clear that tight S-turn with such speed? Even if the driver had the bravery of a soldier, that speed might only be taken if it was a well executed, intentional slide. But even so, the roar of the engine it has caught the powerhouse’s attention most. It was foreign; a burbling gurgle together with a high pitch whine. It did not sound like a turbocharger; it was more to a supercharger. That had Minoru assuming the rival to be an American import. After all, most American imports he had witnessed in the Shutokou had about the same noise. Another S-turn was ahead; Kagura took haste by gearing up to 3rd at 120kmh. Revs dropped near the turbo spooling range, but that did not bother her; full grip was what she wanted through the S-turn. Rushing through it was simply suicidal to even execute it. Without warning, she turned the wheel to the right, cutting through the inside before changing direction to deal with the next corner.

This time though, tyres squealed as the revs rose in mid-corner of the second turn. The albino bit her lip when it occurred; lifting off from the throttle, she then feathered it. Even if she wanted to go fast, there was a need for her to have good tyre management, since highway races could stretch to great distances. Still in 3rd, just after clearing the bend, Kagura floored the throttle, allowing the twin-turbochargers to come into full play. Speeds rose quickly up to 230kmh before shifting into 4th. Her left foot shifted to the brake pedal, waiting for the right time to depress it for the upcoming quick S-turn. Her GTR remained on the outside throughout; her plan was to cut through the inside, then turn to the opposite direction rigourously, making full use of throwing the coupe’s weight around. Only thing is… such a move would only mean full dependence on the ATTESA-ETS system for the busty woman. Crimson eyes stole a glance at the rear view mirror; not there, until its coarse engine note overwhelmed her.

“Geez, it’s to our left already?” Minoru remarked. “What kind of an American import is this?”

Brown eyes took a closer look of their rival that was edging closer towards them. The colour was of metallic dark blue, and the engine was obviously a huge V8, if stereotyping were to come into play. However, there was something amiss. Of all American automobile brands he had seen, this was a first for him. In fact, he could not figure out what make the 4-door saloon was. That was when the muscle car geared up without warning. Kagura had already hit the brakes, on standby for the S-turn, but that machine that overtook them kept on going. However, at that moment, the powerhouse caught a glimpse of the brand and model of the said sedan.

“Vauxhall VXR8 Supercharged?” he uttered out. “What kind of make is that?”

“As far as I can recall, Vauxhall is a British company,” Kagura responded before turning the wheel hard. “I used to have a Calibra before the R32.”

The sudden silence from the albino meant that she was concentrating on dealing with the corners ahead as speeds dropped to a reasonable 175kmh. Tyres did squeal at the rough handling she had done, but it was a need, considering that the next corner has a possibility of exiting at high speed. Revs ran low in 4th, which had her shifting into 3rd and flooring it just moments as the GTR hits the inside of the first bend. Her aim was to hit the inside of the second corner, and then blast out of the S-turn. At this point, her aim was to turn swiftly and have the least adjustments to reach her desired position. However, the only problem she could face was the fact that the VXR8 in front of them could cripple her attempts. Steering the Nissan to the right, she timed it while feathering the throttle; any form of over or understeer would also spoil her chances. Red eyes widened at that split second; now, she thought. Flooring the throttle, the R32 lunged straight for the said part of the second corner, just moments after the Vauxhall steered through the S-turn, leaving a clear gap.

Twin-turbochargers whined in excitement as the revs rose quickly to 7000rpm. Kagura hit 4th prematurely at 220kmh. Minimal adjustments were done to correct her position before hitting the said corner. Her eyes took a quick glance at the blue muscle car as she overtook it with ease. Though, there was something amiss at that instant. The driver just looked familiar before an image came to mind.

“Tessa?” she sputtered.

Indicators lit up on the VXR8; most probably a sign that she was heading for the nearest rest stop. In the R32, however, Kagura’s sudden response on figuring out the owner of the blue saloon had Minoru downright stumped.

… … …

It had only been a 5 minute cruise to the nearest rest stop; C1 Outer Loop, but the fact that seeing Tessa up and running again was just unbelievable. They never knew when she had woken up from her coma, and the time she was discharged. But even for a person to regain consciousness from such a state, and being released from hospital at such a short period of time was also a question both Minoru and Kagura had in mind. As the albino parked the black R32 near the vending machines, the blue Vauxhall roared momentarily in neutral before shifting into reverse, parking right next to the Nissan. Though the rest stop was sparsely populated, it did not take a few seconds before a small crowd of car enthusiasts to flock around the two vehicles while Kagura and Minoru waited at the row of vending machines. They were keen on seeing the German again, though unsure what to talk about, except for her new car. The door of the Vauxhall opened before the familiar figure emerged from it. However, that was where similarities end. Her attire was drastically dissimilar from what she used to wear. In fact, even though it was Tessa, she just looked like an entirely different person.

Her attire consisted of a white buttoned shirt with a light brown overcoat with its collar unfolded, and long black skirt that ends just above the ankles. Footwear was an unusual pair of leather brown derby shoes; that literally had Minoru raising his eyebrows. It seemed that the orange head had a change of clothing, well, except for the so-called iconic white button shirt. But as the petite woman came into view, her hairstyle too had changed as well. No longer was the long fringe that covered most of her forehead; her fringe now seemed to be centre parted and combed, covering her temples. Her long straight hair too had given way for a slightly wavier variant. Other than that, it was the same old Tessa, or is it? Minoru was about to utter a few words before the German’s voice somehow overwhelmed him.

“It’s been a while,” she started off before going straight to the point. “I assume that son of a gun, the orange R34, is still running around?”

The sudden introduction from the German was very much the same old Tessa they knew before. However, the fury she had was a new find for both Kagura and Minoru.

“Well, ever since I managed to get his car wrecked, there’s no news about him, though the person’s name you might be looking for is ‘Brian Keller’,” the powerhouse responded while offering a can of cold coffee to the German.

“That info is enough for me to go in search of that low-life midget,” the petite woman replied, whilst accepting Minoru’s offer.

“But there are a lot of questions we had in mind after your disappearance from the hospital,” the albino’s sentence was cut off the moment the word ‘hospital’ was raised.

“I don’t want that rich man to find out where am I at the moment. There are just things that cannot be explained right now. I need time to think about what am I going to do. After all, being in a coma for almost 13 months… I missed out more than one year of activity! And still I cannot believe it’s already the year 2008,” Tessa expressed her insecurity, turning away from the duo, and then resuming.

“Besides, even though I knew that the Gloria could be mended, it was best for me to just get a new car and have a fresh start in the Shutokou again. That was why I got this British import car; the Vauxhall VXR8. Though, I’m sure if I utter something else, Kagura might get fired up.”

“What do you mean?” the albino countered, somehow feeling a bit offended.

“This saloon is not really British at all. The origin of this car very much trails back to Australia. It’s actually a Holden Commodore. You know what that means to you,” the petite woman challenged, knowing what she was talking about.

“The Bathurst race,” Kagura responded with a glint in her eyes.

“Precisely,” the German leered, before she commented. “However I am not going to relive that history for you, for now.”

“But even so, the fact that the R32’s rival is currently sitting next to it already fuelled me,” the busty woman countered before mellowing down. “However, that version of the Commodore isn’t the one that raced with the R32 back then. Anyway, power?”

“Some good racing sense you have there, woman. And as for power, after some tweaking from the ECU, supercharger, and increasing the compression ratio, it now makes an excess 635bhp,” Tessa remarked before turning her attention to the powerhouse. “As for you, why aren’t you in that Tommykaira?”

“It’s a long story, Tessa. It’s a long story,” Minoru responded.

… … …

“Finally, I found the dormitory,” muttered Motoko as she got out from her Plymouth. “Great, they don’t seem to be in. Maybe it’s best if I stay around.”

The Kendo teacher had spent the whole two months trying to pin-point where the dorm was. But the fact that she found the place at such a ridiculous time, 12am, she felt a bit annoyed by herself. What if they were in, but sleeping? What if they were out there racing down the Shutokou? Her right hand rubbed her scalp, not sure what to do at the moment. But even so, back then with the Galant VR-4, there were some things that made her wonder.

“Even though we didn’t race down Yokohane Inbound back then, it feels as if we would meet again someday, as a rival. But being a surgeon as his occupation, I feel it will be a while before we meet again,”

Headlights from a 3rd gen. silver Honda Accord Coupe came into her view before stopping in front of the dorm. The driver’s window wound downwards before a blonde with twin-tails was seen. Motoko was not sure who she might be, but assumed to be one of the residents living in the dormitory.

“What brings you here in such a time?” asked the blonde. “Had I not have taken overtime, I’d be sleeping already.”

Motoko, as her usual self, responded straight to the point, “To put this simply, I’m a lodger looking for a place to rent. I decided to move from Kanagawa to Tokyo.”

“I see,” Twin-tails replied before adding on. “Well, the tenant isn’t in at the moment, but do come in. I’m sure Minoru will be happy to have a new lodger. Anyway, I go by the name of Aikawa Takashizawa. Yours?”

“Motoko Shiranui,”

“Sounds familiar somehow, anyway, come in- wait, isn’t that a Plymouth Roadrunner?” sputtered Aikawa when she took notice of the American muscle car.

“I bought it off from an American sailor in Okinawa, and shipped it back here. Also, I seem to realize that people in Tokyo know more about American make vehicles.”

“Oh, you wouldn’t know. You wouldn’t know,” the blonde chirped before parking the old coupe. “You can park next to that Diablo GTR. That lot has been empty for quite a while.”

Motoko wondered at the few cars that were parked in the parking lot. Other than that vulgar Lamborghini, the blood red Tommykaira R she had been looking for was there as well. Somehow she felt that seeing such a beast resting in the same parking lot as the rest… she was not sure. Maybe ‘breathtaking’ was the word she was trying to find. She had heard about that machine, but never once seen it for real.

“That Tommykaira R,” uttered the Kendo teacher as she parked her muscle car next to the R34. “We will race each other one day.”
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll