• Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Good cars for Drifting, Just for lulz
Chomite
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 334

What do you guys think good cars for drifting? Any car with FR or AWD have a potential to drift but we are talking about 'better' for drifting than just other cars. 50/50 weight distirbution, LSD(not a must but good to have), and etc...take these in account.

---

Nissan Silvia (S13)
Mazda MX-5 Roadster (a.k.a Miata)
Mazda RX-7 (FD or FC)
Toyota Sprinter Treuno AE86
Volvo (240, 240 turbo, 740, 740 turbo) coupe or wagon or both
Nissan 350z

---

What else? Let's go for something cheap, I mean the price of Ae86 and S13 is now just plain ridiculous.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
BlackMKIII
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Group: Members
Member No.: 128

First of all, take that DAMN VOLVO off the list. MR2s (SW20) are actually good, fun drift cars but the sudden oversteer takes alot of getting used to. The Miata is super cheap, super fun, and super easy to drift, but doesn't have any real power to speak of.

My suggestion? Get a beater S13 and pound the crap out of it until it breaks something, then replace parts with high quality ones.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Chomite
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (BlackMKIII @ Today at 12:48 PM)
First of all, take that DAMN VOLVO off the list. MR2s (SW20) are actually good, fun drift cars but the sudden oversteer takes alot of getting used to. The Miata is super cheap, super fun, and super easy to drift, but doesn't have any real power to speak of.

My suggestion? Get a beater S13 and pound the crap out of it until it breaks something, then replace parts with high quality ones.

Why not volvo? Have you seen one drift laugh.gif Watch this, 530bhp Volvo 740 turbo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3h-iIIR8yw) I need to confirm this but i'm sure it has near 50/50 weight distribution and many people recommanding volvo reason being:

1. Car it self is hella cheap. Not just a car itself and also the parts. Unlike RX-7 or whatever, you wreak your car, you cry and pay. But volvo? You laugh.

2. Volvo's engine and transmission is built like a god damn tank.
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Member No.: 194

I would recommend Toyota Sprinter Treuno AE86 this is the Same car i used to use to Practice my Drifting Before I bought My own Car the FC i have.
PMEmail PosterMSN
suv_drift
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Time is your best friend........ yeah right...

Member No.: 375

I can't tell much about it, but I see some AE86 sedan drifting really well.
PMEmail Poster
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

QUOTE (suv_drift @ Today at 5:41 PM)
I can't tell much about it, but I see some AE86 sedan drifting really well.

yeah they are good to Drift In and fun to
PMEmail PosterMSN
suv_drift
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

...like a youtube video making that car do a 360 drifting,,,,,?
PMEmail Poster
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Oh i have seen that laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

Where do you guys get the time to learn how to drift? laugh.gif

and how did you guys learn how to drift, like where and how? ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
suv_drift
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (firstshadow @ Today at 6:16 PM)
Where do you guys get the time to learn how to drift? laugh.gif

and how did you guys learn how to drift, like where and how? ohmy.gif

Ok... I'm out. I don't drift-drift. (sideways)

I have a not suitable-big-truck that isn't very easy to control.

Recommended to have HP to turn loose those wheels because if you don't have that, you can't do nothing.
PMEmail Poster
Chomite
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (suv_drift @ Today at 5:57 PM)
...like a youtube video making that car do a 360 drifting,,,,,?

eh? you mean doughnut? blink.gif My youtube link has nothing like that;;
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 83

QUOTE (tofu_boy86 @ Today at 5:55 PM)
yeah they are good to Drift In and fun to

im sorry but you all have to get out of la la land they are good to drift and fun? are you serious they are the biggest pos on land.... you my good sir i can tell you lie... the 86 is slow... and slow and shitty handleing... i only have respect for 2 86's here in vegas and they are respectable cars... you kids need to understand that theres a diffrence from comics and reality... be real and dont pose....
PMEmail Poster
Chomite
Posted: Jul 14 2007, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Today at 9:32 PM)
im sorry but you all have to get out of la la land they are good to drift and fun? are you serious they are the biggest pos on land.... you my good sir i can tell you lie... the 86 is slow... and slow and shitty handleing... i only have respect for 2 86's here in vegas and they are respectable cars... you kids need to understand that theres a diffrence from comics and reality... be real and dont pose....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiichi_Tsuchiya

Umm...Drift king himself drives one...so wut now?
wangan_sti
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 02:18 AM
Quote Post

gud boi.

Member No.: 328

QUOTE (Chomite @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM)

What tthe DK n Takumi Drive is a legendary car. Treno all the way!!! laugh.gif Just so beautiful. JDM please laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
tofu_boy86
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 04:09 AM
Quote Post

Hashiriya of the Touge

Yeah DK of JNP does Drift in a 86

This post has been edited by tofu_boy86 on Jul 15 2007, 04:12 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Chomite
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

I heard about rumors about return of Ae86! (Thx to wangan_sti). I can't wait! I don't care if they change the body but please keep all other specs exactly same toyota!
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

QUOTE (Chomite @ Yesterday at 10:30 PM)

But are you dk? Do you have 10k of motor build and suspension done? Do you have skills? tha answer is no you are not dk you never will be, Just because a pro drives it doesnt mean you can to... so 86 for the fail! and all the kids that think its good as well...
PMEmail Poster
suv_drift
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Chomite @ Yesterday at 6:49 PM)
eh? you mean doughnut?  blink.gif My youtube link has nothing like that;;
PMEmail Poster
Chomite
  Posted: Jul 15 2007, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Today at 8:01 AM)
But are you dk? Do you have 10k of motor build and suspension done? Do you have skills? tha answer is no you are not dk you never will be, Just because a pro drives it doesnt mean you can to... so 86 for the fail! and all the kids that think its good as well...

Watch your tone bro dry.gif . No matter what you think, ask any, I mean really, any drifter. AE86 is def one of most wanted car for drifters. Car itself is expensive but not the parts. Why do you think that some 30 year old car cost around 10K? Have you think about that? And do you even know how hard to find AE86 and S13 nowdays? Do you even know what are you talking about? 10K for motor build and suspension? That's basically how much it cost nowdays on every car, bro. And motor build? you don't even need that many HP to drift (for example, if you see all the D1 car's specs, the hp of the cars varies as low as 100 to 800 HP). Just light engine tune-up and change the shocks/sturst and you are good to go(Well, in long run you have to put some $$$ but what car doesn't? I mean really.). And skills? We are talking about good drifting car here, try again. And you can always practice wink2.gif I agree the AE86 might not be easy for drift to beginners but we are not talking about beginners drift car here aren't we?

This post has been edited by Chomite on Jul 15 2007, 10:04 AM
the unknown
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 368

look, the 86 is a car u can buy like a secondary car, or if you got enough experince with cars, so for now, i would suggest one of those to learn with:
1-supra
2- chaser
3- MR2
4-altima
5-cressida
anyway's, its only a suggestion
Good Luck
PMEmail Poster
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

QUOTE (Chomite @ Today at 9:38 AM)

Watch your tone bro dry.gif . No matter what you think, ask any, I mean really, any drifter. AE86 is def one of most wanted car for drifters. Car itself is expensive but not the parts. Why do you think that some 30 year old car cost around 10K? Have you think about that? And do you even know how hard to find AE86 and S13 nowdays? Do you even know what are you talking about? 10K for motor build and suspension? That's basically how much it cost nowdays on every car, bro. And motor build? you don't even need that many HP to drift (for example, if you see all the D1 car's specs, the hp of the cars varies as low as 100 to 800 HP). Just light engine tune-up and change the shocks/sturst and you are good to go(Well, in long run you have to put some $$$ but what car doesn't? I mean really.). And skills? We are talking about good drifting car here, try again. And you can always practice wink2.gif I agree the AE86 might not be easy for drift to beginners but we are not talking about beginners drift car here aren't we?

100hp? Are you serious kid please link me a 100hp d1 car! I went to d1 3 times ive talked to many of the drifters there at d1 when I go to Japan ive been to the gymkhana rings where some drifting is done... and all the 86 owners say they just need more power... all d1 86's have you ever noticed they use nos and all that shit to squeeze as much power to hold a G slide? because THEY DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO HOLD SHIT! The clutch is there friend wink2.gif because to keep that shitty car sideways you need a thing called power... the 86 IS WAY OVER PRICED FOR A ECONOMY CAR! Do you even own a car? it doesn’t sound like it and please do not use crapipida as a reference its for retards that cant find real information... if you want to make a point please have real evidence... ive owned a 240sx with fully built suspension, a 280zx that was done up right by me =) and now im working on my 280z... I own 4 other cars as well and a lot of the work has been done by me as well... I know more about cars then you do, and you know why I know this... I have 1 state automotive award and 3 other out of state awards for automotive excellence, the Shelby factory wanted me to work with them so why don’t you stick to games and ill stick to cars...
PMEmail Poster
Chomite
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (the unknown @ Today at 10:19 AM)
look, the 86 is a car u can buy like a secondary car, or if you got enough experince with cars, so for now, i would suggest one of those to learn with:
1-supra
2- chaser
3- MR2
4-altima
5-cressida
anyway's, its only a suggestion
Good Luck

I can't afford Ae86 laugh.gif I can't even find one in my area and only way to get them is import but way too expensive. I'm just a poor college student... I'm leaning towards Miata right now. I saw one in my work(my boss', god damn that car looked nice. Had single turbo, air-intake, exhaust done but he said he did not drive this car for a while becuase he owns Audi A4. He had this car sitting in his backyard for years and he is finally cleaning it up.) Looked nice happy.gif

MR2 is getting hard to find now too. Haven't seen that many in the ads or auto sale websites.
TearingRaven
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 401

QUOTE (Chomite @ Today at 9:38 AM)

Dude are you serious? The 86 is expensive because there simply aren't that many out there anymore that are in buildable condition. The same cannot be said for the S13, as I probably have 3-4 stashed around the house. S13's are Nissans all new Civic, every kid has just gotta get one!

And what are you talking about concerning "not needing that much hp"? To drift, you need wheelspin thoughtout most of the run, so how are you going to do that in a car with no power? Pull da e-brake lolz? Please explain this to me.

The 86 is difficult to drift because it needs so much to get to the point of actually being USEFUL on the track. Mostly on account of it being a poor candidate for a drift car.

And lastly, children: please stop watching anime all day, go outside, and actually put your hands on a car of your own. Then perhaps you may have something to add here.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Chomite
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Today at 10:24 AM)
100hp? Are you serious kid please link me a 100hp d1 car! I went to d1 3 times ive talked to many of the drifters there at d1 when I go to Japan ive been to the gymkhana rings where some drifting is done... and all the 86 owners say they just need more power... all d1 86's have you ever noticed they use nos and all that shit to squeeze as much power to hold a G slide? because THEY DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO HOLD SHIT! The clutch is there friend wink2.gif because to keep that shitty car sideways you need a thing called power... the 86 IS WAY OVER PRICED FOR A ECONOMY CAR! Do you even own a car? it doesn’t sound like it and please do not use crapipida as a reference its for retards that cant find real information... if you want to make a point please have real evidence... ive owned a 240sx with fully built suspension, a 280zx that was done up right by me =) and now im working on my 280z... I own 4 other cars as well and a lot of the work has been done by me as well... I know more about cars then you do, and you know why I know this... I have 1 state automotive award and 3 other out of state awards for automotive excellence, the Shelby factory wanted me to work with them so why don’t you stick to games and ill stick to cars...

Ummm....dude....Watch D1 again. One AE86 had 115 HP cool.gif . AE86 is considered hard to drift car becuase of it's low HP, hard to control RPM, and hard countersteering. You need to get it to high RPM to get enough torque but this is hard to do without blowing your engine up. Most D1 cars are around 400HP I agree but low HP cars are hard but possible.
TearingRaven
Posted: Jul 15 2007, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 401

QUOTE (Chomite @ Today at 10:33 AM)
Ummm....dude....Watch D1 again. One AE86 had 115 HP cool.gif . AE86 is considered hard to drift car becuase of it's low HP, hard to control RPM, and hard countersteering. You need to get it to high RPM to get enough torque but this is hard to do without blowing your engine up. Most D1 cars are around 400HP I agree but low HP cars are hard but possible.

Why thank you for showing why the 86 is a terrible drift car. I was worried I'd have to prove it to you.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll