• Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Portable Torrent, For your custom firmware PSP
Super
  Posted: Sep 27 2007, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

Here is the Wangan Midnight Portable torrent people! Enjoy it!!!!! If you download, SEED!!!!

EDIT:

See my post in the Wangan Midnight Portable forum for lightweight instructions on how to get custom firmware installed onto your PSP if you don't already.

Questions on how to, welcome.

This post has been edited by Super on Sep 27 2007, 12:59 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
The-chosen-knight
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

GodArm of Wangan

Member No.: 760

THANKS A LOT MAN!

Ive been looking for this! Im glad you have CF as well!

Hey super I created a Gameboot and a Cintro of Wangan Midnight... If you want it let me know smile.gif I'll be more than happy to send it to you. I will probably share it soon with the community. I'll send it to you first if you want..

I'll post it here in a few for everyone.

Finally.! laugh.gif laugh.gif !!!" thanks again!

This post has been edited by The-chosen-knight on Sep 27 2007, 01:07 PM
PMEmail Poster
Super
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (The-chosen-knight @ Today at 4:02 PM)
THANKS A LOT MAN!

Ive been looking for this! Im glad you have CF as well!

Hey super I created a Gameboot and a Cintro of Wangan Midnight... If you want it let me know smile.gif I'll be more than happy to send it to you. I will probably share it soon with the community. I'll send it to you first if you want..

I'll post it here in a few for everyone.

Finally.! laugh.gif laugh.gif !!!" thanks again!

Heck yeah I wanna check it out send it my way!
The-chosen-knight
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

GodArm of Wangan

Just tried it out...

Is it me... Or the music sucks? Not even one tiny BIT of techno or electronic music like Maximum tune..

Or did the person that made the cso got rid of the music?? You know you can redirect the music to save space on cso and Isos...

PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

Hey Chosen; how do the cars handle? I hope they don't handle like the TXR bricks. Graphics ok? and finally do you recommend?
PMEmail Poster
The-chosen-knight
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

GodArm of Wangan

QUOTE (The J @ Today at 2:42 PM)
Hey Chosen; how do the cars handle?  I hope they don't handle like the TXR bricks.  Graphics ok? and finally do you recommend?

All right.. Im very picky when it comes to Racing Games...

1. Car Handling:
I dont like it too much... Its a little hard to even change lanes and when you do the car has this weird Engine that makes it go back in place. Like you turn and when you let go the car has this little movement that goes the opposite way. NOTHING like Maximum tune. Still is bearable and I guess with some time I'll get use to it. I played 5 times so far.. I'll keep posting.

2. Graphics:
Obviously they are not like the arcade. But they are not bad smile.gif It kinda looks just like "NFS Carbon" *PSP version*I liked them, I was racing C1 inward and it was the very same same thing *course wise* smile.gif. I dont see many billboards and lights and stuff like the Arcade version sad.gif.. Probably to make it not lag or to avoid slow gameplay, but theres some.

3. Music:
SUCKS......!!!!!!! Repetitive beats.. Is not even music.. Is just a bunch of beats going over and over. The game didnt even have a "opening scene" which is weird. That makes me thing the people that created the Cso file removed it for the file to be small in MBs. ALso for this reason Im guessing they got rid of the music as well.. or the music of the game is simply trash.. I'll try to find another torrent in the next few days. The game is only 270mb....... If you compare this with Initial D PSP version the game is 1.5 GB!!!

4. Recommend:
I do.. If your a fan of Wangan... This game is a must.. Myself... Im dissapointed. pinch2.gif I kinda wanted a PORT from the arcade, Just like they did with Initial-D for the psp.. Even the same music.

Im a PSP customizer. I'll try to make a Wangan Midnight PSP Version just like "MAximum Tune' I cant change the engine or the handling but at least I"ll make the music the same as "maximum Tune 3" Arcade smile.gif I know many will love that.!

I'll start today. Lets hope everything works out well..

This post has been edited by The-chosen-knight on Sep 27 2007, 03:11 PM
PMEmail Poster
Super
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Don't get me wrong this is a cool game, but it's nothing like Maximum Tune. This game is basically the same exact thing as 'Street Supremacy' for PSP; also created by Genki. I mean they're so close they even have some of the same menu sounds. Seems kinda lazy of Genki. They could have done better. Still worth a download.
Ryosuke_Gunma
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 241

Thanks for the link. I also wouldn't expect anything from Genki. I mean Namco's version of Wangan Midnight is better so that's fine for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Small review (copied from my IDW's post)

After playing this game for 20 minute, I have a conclusion that...

- This game is a complete rip-off from Tokyo Xtreme Racer series.
- Cars aren't even up to date. Come on, EVO VIII and 2004 WRX STi Spec C?!
- Graphics are fine like average game
- Game music are bad
- I just notice the menu's concept is the same as the PS2 version! (ac scenario, arcade mode and such). The music menu is even the same.

I laughed so hard. This game is like Wangan Midnight on PS2. There's nothing new, really.

This post has been edited by Ryosuke_Gunma on Sep 27 2007, 05:16 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
MROCK
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 487

I wasn't feelin' this game either. Basically a port from the PS2 version with new stuff and the crappy gameplay from TXR PSP, aka street supremacy. An upgrade from TXR zone of control PSP with Wangan Midnight. Nothing special IMO.

Hitting the cars were very glitchy.

I had a feeling when I saw the trailer of the PSP version on the official website long time ago, it had that old TXR/street supremacy feel.

Geez, should have added new music other than recycling the music from the TXR/street supremacy.

This game was a disappointment for me. Scenario mode is a b*tch.

I think the old TXR/street supremacy is more stable when driving. Noticing that on WMP, the speed is very fast and weather or not you'll have time to slow down in time for the cars in the far distance, you really have to look very closely into the screen.

4 out of 10. This game was over-hyped to me.
PMEmail Poster
Midnight Star
Posted: Sep 27 2007, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

I wanna try this game out but I dont have a PSP. Does anyone know if this will work with an emulator or not?
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hunter19XX
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 1,278

dling now, hopefully it's not as bad as you guys say it is, this is just to try it out anyway cause I'll be getting myself a copy from play-asia sometime next week or so.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
The-chosen-knight
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

GodArm of Wangan

Im not playing this anymore....... It is useless.. The handling is just impossible, You cant take corners full speed without breaking to the point of 100.... if you dont "KISS" the wall
PMEmail Poster
aki_zz
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 03:29 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 2,282

maybe the game maker are packing to go to holiday when they make this game...
PMEmail Poster
touge_ninja
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Evo Killer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (The-chosen-knight @ Sep 27 2007, 03:07 PM)

3. Music:
SUCKS......!!!!!!! Repetitive beats.. Is not even music.. Is just a bunch of beats going over and over. The game didnt even have a "opening scene" which is weird. That makes me thing the people that created the Cso file removed it for the file to be small in MBs. ALso for this reason Im guessing they got rid of the music as well.. or the music of the game is simply trash.. I'll try to find another torrent in the next few days. The game is only 270mb....... If you compare this with Initial D PSP version the game is 1.5 GB!!!

lol if anyones interested i got an initial d cso thats only 500mb not 1.5gb. it still has all the original soundtrack. jus pm me or email me for it.
PMEmail PosterAOL
suv_drift
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Time is your best friend........ yeah right...

Member No.: 375

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM)
lol if anyones interested i got an initial d cso thats only 500mb not 1.5gb. it still has all the original soundtrack. jus pm me or email me for it.

mine's almost 600MB , using iso to cso and then rename to iso

Wangan Midnight Portable is only 280MB .... so I still have some space left for the SNES emulator & games.
PMEmail Poster
touge_ninja
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Evo Killer

Member No.: 11

lol wangan portable imo is a waste of space for gamers. this game was a dissapointment.
PMEmail PosterAOL
suv_drift
Posted: Mar 16 2008, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Time is your best friend........ yeah right...

Member No.: 375

QUOTE (touge_ninja @ Yesterday at 1:04 AM)
lol wangan portable imo is a waste of space for gamers. this game was a dissapointment.

hey, at least it keep me from being bored.... (and don't doing nothing at home or at work)
Unless I find another game, I stick with it. (And with the PS3) happy.gif
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll