Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

14 Pages  « 11 12 13 14  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Episodes 7-8
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 29 2008, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

QUOTE (The_Finn @ Today at 7:03 AM)
did anyone one else have and issue with Ep8 if it was pulled from BT. The direct download version seems fine but the file i got from BT wouldn't play in any of my players (Winamp MPC WMP) i got sound and no video.

Both versions are exactly the same. There is no difference between the two.
PMEmail Poster
Aerys
Posted: Apr 29 2008, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,710

@SuperjakkoTM

thanks a lot for the subs!

This post has been edited by Aerys on Apr 29 2008, 12:48 PM
PMEmail Poster
Super
  Posted: May 5 2008, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 61

Windows Media? Yikes, no thanks.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
SuperjakkoTM
Posted: May 6 2008, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 2,244

Dis' it all you like. I'll sleep well knowing that for the one person who is too cool to download the subbed episodes in WMV format, there are not a shortage of people who will. Check on Isohunt if you like. It's generated rather more than a little interest. And it exists as well. I waited half a year for the damn thing in any format that would allow me to enjoy it (and as it's also the highest resolution copy in the world right now at 480p) I can take a few knocks. In the meantime, carry on waiting for a different format; I'm sure someone will resample and resave my copy in some other format. Meanwhile, the rest of the world already has this copy and is waiting eagerly for the next one. It's all about how much you wanna watch it. It may not be ideal but it's here and now, and it makes me smile knowing that.

Oh... and by the way the rest of you guys, Episode 07 DVD Redux (cleaned up audio and 480p) will be uploaded tomorrow. I'm currently doing episode 10 (although the gorgeous weather here in the UK at the moment is keeping me busy with other bits). Peace!

This post has been edited by SuperjakkoTM on May 6 2008, 01:36 PM
PMEmail Poster
KSC
Posted: May 6 2008, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 2,573

How dare you enjoy yourself, sir! I expect episode 10 by midnight or there'll be hell to pay! LOL wink2.gif

This post has been edited by KSC on May 6 2008, 03:09 PM
PMEmail Poster
NssOne
Posted: May 8 2008, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 2,764

Are there any English subbed versions of these episodes in DivX/XviD? WM9 does not play well in Linux. I don't even understand why they were encoded to WMV in the first place.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 8 2008, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (NssOne @ Today at 10:52 AM)
Are there any English subbed versions of these episodes in DivX/XviD? WM9 does not play well in Linux. I don't even understand why they were encoded to WMV in the first place.

He owns an Xbox360, so he had the encoder laying around. The encoder allowed him to drop ASS subs in without any fussing. And finally, it was easier for him than learning a new program.

That's why they're in WMV.
PMEmail Poster
SuperjakkoTM
Posted: May 9 2008, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

I'd be more than happy to learn a new way of adding .ass subs to a matroska video file (that keeps the sound and image quality of the video file and the formatting of the subtitles) if someone could PM me a step by step to way to do it. I'm obviously not gonna surrender the subs and video files I have to someone else to take the credit for. I had to wait just like everyone else for these episodes to be subbed just so I could watch them (which really effects how much you can enjoy them by the way!) I've just got hold of a reasonably good conversion tool for video files anyway so i'll have a look and see if I can change them to avi's or something. What would be the most preferable? (and put it in terms of the file extension so (dot)something with 3 letters in it). It's cool that that guy uses Linux by the way. I use a mac at work and playing media files that are not in quicktime format (.mov) is not the best.
PMEmail Poster
NssOne
Posted: May 9 2008, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 2,764

Well, I just tried converting Ep 8 to XviD and it came out fine, but Ep 7's audio doesn't sync up properly for some reason (as far as I can tell it's the audio codec). I can transcode Ep 8 and 9 and possibly seed or upload them somewhere.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2008, 02:12 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Adding a sub file to a Matroska clip is easy as pie. Seriously.

Step 1.) Get MKVtoolnix.

Step 2.) Run MKVmerge.

Step 3.) Drop your video file into the input file box.

Step 3b.) (Optional) You could then disable the audio of your video as an input, and drop the 2.0ch MP3 audio in to replace it. I can supply the MP3 if you'd like to try that out.

Step 4.) Drop the subtitle file into the input file box.

Step 5.) Make sure that the filename in the "Output Filename" is different from your source so they don't save over one another!

Step 6.) Click "Start Muxing" button and wait. Once it's done, hit "OK" and you're all set!

I don't think anyone here's got any reason to steal your subs. wink2.gif
PMEmail Poster
SuperjakkoTM
Posted: May 10 2008, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

I've tried that before. It doesn't keep the formatting of the ASS file. I tried it again just a moment ago and the same result. It would be handy if it was that quick to compile it and get it to work though. That would be really awesome.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 10 2008, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Are you using a weird font or something? I'm...not sure why it wouldn't keep the formatting. It literally just uses the ASS script on its own without any modification. blink.gif So either the ASS script uses an odd font, or the plugin you're using for softsubs isn't operating correctly. For instance, VLC Media Player doesn't keep formatting for ANYTHING.
PMEmail Poster
SuperjakkoTM
Posted: May 11 2008, 03:11 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

I'm not using one of the built in system fonts. It's DIN Engschrift which is a free download. It's a pretty common font / usage wise. I'll try a few other things because I've spotted that you can add a layer tag to a sub (allowing you to display overlapping subs). I'll have a faff around with that and see how it pans out. Thanks for all the help in the meantime!
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 11 2008, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Aha, that's why. The MKV specification will allow you to add a font as an attachment, but as far as I know, you can't have the ASS subtitle in the MKV use the attached font. Instead, it's treated as an archive, where you can extract the font someone attached to the MKV and install it on your own.

Wish there were a way around that, but I don't know of one. I just stick to normal fonts.
PMEmail Poster
Bisshop
Posted: May 11 2008, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 2,775

Stop giving him all kinda new toys to try out before he finishes eps 10 smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Greed
Posted: May 11 2008, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE (Bisshop @ Today at 5:38 PM)
Stop giving him all kinda new toys to try out before he finishes eps 10 smile.gif

laugh.gif Endorsed
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 11 2008, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (Bisshop @ Today at 3:38 PM)

Aww, boo-hoo. Cry me a river. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Death_B2KSJ
Posted: May 19 2008, 03:20 AM
Quote Post

The Legendary Z33 Driver

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,467

LOL! I just saw this today. If u watch episode 7, reina is drivin on the left hand side (american style), but then on episode 8 when she is drivin with akio, she is drivin on the right hand side (like european countries). LOL! I was lik WTF?!
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 20 2008, 01:39 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (Death_B2KSJ @ Yesterday at 4:20 AM)
LOL! I just saw this today. If u watch episode 7, reina is drivin on the left hand side (american style), but then on episode 8 when she is drivin with akio, she is drivin on the right hand side (like european countries). LOL! I was lik WTF?!

You sure Akio wasn't driving her R32 in the scene where they're chasing Eriko?
PMEmail Poster
Death_B2KSJ
Posted: May 20 2008, 02:40 AM
Quote Post

The Legendary Z33 Driver

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,467

not that part. on episode 7, reina was drivin alone on the left hand side. But on episode 8, reina was drivin akio to see the wrecked s30z and she is on the right hand side.
PMEmail Poster
haru
Posted: May 30 2008, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,151

For some reason ep 7 plays fine on VLC, but ep 8 doesn't have any audio. When I tried windows media player it worked fine. >_>;
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
SuperjakkoTM
Posted: May 30 2008, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

QUOTE (haru @ Today at 5:16 AM)
For some reason ep 7 plays fine on VLC, but ep 8 doesn't have any audio. When I tried windows media player it worked fine. >_>;

It's odd that should be the case as it's usually the other way round. I'm pretty sure it's just a codec thing as to why it wouldn't have audio. When I get home i'll have a look which ones I've got and post them up and you can try them to see if it remedies it. I'm pretty sure it will.
PMEmail Poster
tsuchiya_tt
Posted: Jun 17 2008, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 2,215

Progress at last. Keep up the good work.
PMEmail Poster
nIsMo86
Posted: Jun 22 2008, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 3,103

Thank you so much for subbing 7,8,9,10 and 11 SuperjakkoTM!! Been dying to watch these with some legible subs for ages. You rock!
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Member No.: 825

I downloaded the direct download for Ep. 7, and when I watched it, the colors were all switched up! It looked like it was in infrared! blink.gif

I'm going to try downloading the torrent file instead and see if it's any different...

edit: Ok, I downloaded both versions and the colors are still screwed up...is anyone else having this problem????

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Jun 24 2008, 05:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 14 Pages  « 11 12 13 14  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll