Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

14 Pages  « 12 13 14  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Episodes 7-8
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Today at 5:17 PM)
I downloaded the direct download for Ep. 7, and when I watched it, the colors were all switched up! It looked like it was in infrared! blink.gif

I'm going to try downloading the torrent file instead and see if it's any different...

edit: Ok, I downloaded both versions and the colors are still screwed up...is anyone else having this problem????

Have you tried it in any other media players? I'm willing to bet it's an issue on your end since no one else seems to be having issues.
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Group: Members
Member No.: 825

Well episodes 8, 9 and 10 work quite fine. But 7 has strange colors and the timing is horribly off through what I can see of the opening sequence. The song gets halfway through before the title even comes up!

If anybody is planning on downloading it, tell me if you're having the same problems! I already read on here earlier that the timing of this episode was off, but I didn't know it was by that much! And I never read anything about infrared-looking color.

I guess I'll try it on a different player...but I really doubt it'll do much good. Still...I'm patient. I just hope the problem can be fixed! >.<

edit: Ok, episode 8 has the same problems...but 9 and 10 are fine...what's going on? I just want to see the episodes... crying2.gif

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Jun 24 2008, 07:11 PM
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Try VLC, see if it has the same problems. Seriously, they have no issues assuming your media players and codecs are in order.
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Jun 24 2008, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Alright, what is VLC?

Should I keep the files I already downloaded or delete them? They're so screwed up that it's...sad.

I'm using regular Windows Media Player to view them. None of my other players will play these files, and my PSP mp4 converter doesn't work for episodes 7-10 for some reason. Would you like me to send you the files? Maybe my computer downloaded them wrong. If I can't get them to work, maybe someone else can figure out what's wrong...

Wow...ok ep 10 is the only one I've downloaded that works perfectly.

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Jun 24 2008, 09:25 PM
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Sending me the files you downloaded won't do you any good; if your computer really did download them improperly, what guarantee is there that it will upload them to me properly?

VLC is a media player with self-contained components. It is not affected by any players or codecs installed on your computer. Try it out.

VLC

If it can't play it, something is either wrong with the files, or wrong with your hardware/drivers.
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Ok thanks. What I meant by sending them to you was that perhaps you could look at the video and see if you could find what was wrong, but nevermind...

So if this doesn't work, then what should I do next?

edit:Nevermind. This was perfect! The sound still isn't right on episode 7 though. Completely and totally off. Should I try what you posted earlier for the person who had problems with it? Is the link still active there?

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Jun 25 2008, 08:47 AM
PMEmail Poster
Maniac
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 3,130

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Today at 8:43 AM)
Ok thanks. What I meant by sending them to you was that perhaps you could look at the video and see if you could find what was wrong, but nevermind...

So if this doesn't work, then what should I do next?

edit:Nevermind. This was perfect! The sound still isn't right on episode 7 though. Completely and totally off. Should I try what you posted earlier for the person who had problems with it? Is the link still active there?

you could use this version... it's an h264 re-encode of superjakko's release, but it uses AC3 audio rather than WMA so you shouldn't have any issues with it...

http://www.datorrents.com/download/35816-w...64-vfr-ac3-mkv/
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Ok thanks! I guess it'd just be my luck that I wait so long for these episodes, and as soon as I get them I have problems viewing them...

Thanks to Nomake Wan and Maniac for your help! I don't like to complain much on forums (or anywhere really) so I'm sorry for all the trouble. pinch2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maniac
Posted: Jul 10 2008, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 3,130

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ May 11 2008, 01:18 PM)
Aha, that's why. The MKV specification will allow you to add a font as an attachment, but as far as I know, you can't have the ASS subtitle in the MKV use the attached font. Instead, it's treated as an archive, where you can extract the font someone attached to the MKV and install it on your own.

Wish there were a way around that, but I don't know of one. I just stick to normal fonts.

Actually I'm pretty sure vobsub will autoload the attached fonts...
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I need some help here...

Nomake Wan, you told me to use VLC media player to play these videos, and it has been working fine until just now.
Any .wmv files VLC plays do not have audio anymore. It's like it doesn't even read the audio. I have episodes 8-12 as .wmv files, and now there is no audio. Would you have any idea of how to fix this? Would anyone?

Edit: Ok, I tried another .wmv file, and it plays just fine on VLC. But none of the Wangan Midnight .wmv files have audio when played from VLC. They do when played from Windows Media player, but the colors are still screwed up. Why would it suddenly decide not to play the Wangan Midnight .wmv files' audio out of the blue?

This post has been edited by fettman53 on Aug 10 2008, 08:35 AM
PMEmail Poster
mike962
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,839

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Today at 8:18 AM)
I need some help here...

Nomake Wan, you told me to use VLC media player to play these videos, and it has been working fine until just now.
Any .wmv files VLC plays do not have audio anymore. It's like it doesn't even read the audio. I have episodes 8-12 as .wmv files, and now there is no audio. Would you have any idea of how to fix this? Would anyone?

Edit: Ok, I tried another .wmv file, and it plays just fine on VLC. But none of the Wangan Midnight .wmv files have audio when played from VLC. They do when played from Windows Media player, but the colors are still screwed up. Why would it suddenly decide not to play the Wangan Midnight .wmv files' audio out of the blue?

I use "Media player classic" and FFDshow codec

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDshow.htm

They play any audio-video format there is including MP4, Mpeg etc
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I can't use media player at all. It looks messed up if I use that. I need to get them to work on VLC, but there's no sound anymore.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Today at 1:14 PM)
I can't use media player at all. It looks messed up if I use that. I need to get them to work on VLC, but there's no sound anymore.

You don't understand. Media Player Classic is NOT, in any way shape or form, Windows Media Player. They're totally separate (and Media Player Classic is way better).

Rather than follow the link mike posted, though, I suggest that you get CCCP, which comes bundled with Media Player Classic and all the filters you need. It's what I use on all my computers, and I'll never use anything else.

CCCP Page

As for why it "out of the blue" won't play WMV files... since when were 1-6 in WMV format? I'm assuming you're watching subbed episodes, which means that 1-2 are in AVI format (encoded with XviD, since I encoded them myself), 3-6 are in AVI format (encoded in XviD), and 7-12 are the only ones in WMV format, done by SuperjakkoTM.

You make it sound like "all of a sudden" it just "stopped playing audio," when as I see it, it never played the audio of these WMV files in the first place. Sadly, I guess I have to eat my earlier comment about "If VLC can't do it, nothing can," since I just confirmed on my end that episodes 8-12 will not work in VLC. Episode 7 works just fine, and there's nothing wrong with the audio at all. Why?

Because after episode 7, SuperjakkoTM stopped using 2-channel encoding in his WMV encoder and switched to 5.1 audio. This was probably my fault because I called him out on poorly downmixing the 6-channel audio on the DVD to 2-channel. In any event, WMP and MPC both play the files just fine. I have absolutely no idea why the heck your WMP is having problems.

To play the files properly in MPC, however, you do have to make a slight setting change. Here's what the settings you have to change look like when you first use MPC:

user posted image

You need to change that so it looks like this, then it'll sound just fine.

user posted image

That setting makes it so that 6-channel audio is merged down to just left and right. Enjoy!
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Aug 11 2008, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Ok, thanks. And you are correct about all of the files, except that VLC did play audio from these .wmv files for a time. Maybe it was a fluke or something. But it's not playing them anymore. That's why I said "all of a sudden." It just stopped playing them yesterday. Oh well. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, thanks for the tip! I'll get this new media player. I probably have about six different media players now... laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 11 2008, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (fettman53 @ Today at 8:32 AM)
Ok, thanks. And you are correct about all of the files, except that VLC did play audio from these .wmv files for a time. Maybe it was a fluke or something. But it's not playing them anymore. That's why I said "all of a sudden." It just stopped playing them yesterday. Oh well. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, thanks for the tip! I'll get this new media player. I probably have about six different media players now... laugh.gif

I have three, personally. VLC, MPC, WMP. I'd have a fourth if my video card supported bitstream processing of h.264 files: PowerDVD. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
s30freak
Posted: Oct 25 2010, 03:03 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 6,491

i'm frustrated.... pinch2.gif

really addicted....
Akiooooo!!!!

please, kind people....
the rest of the episodes....
pls..pls...pls....
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 14 Pages  « 12 13 14  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll