Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

9 Pages  « 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Boost or no Boost

Battle with Boost or no Boost
Boost [ 90 ]  [53.89%]
No boost [ 77 ]  [46.11%]
Total Votes: 167
Guests cannot vote 
MaxX
Posted on Jul 9 2009, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 894

There's fun to be had in boost off for the people who like to race that way, with everything on the line, being forced to perform flawlessly else being left in the dust.

As well, the person in front doesn't exactly have a lazy time of it to the finish line. The pressure is on even harder for the person in the lead, just like real racing, to not make a mistake. Being in front boost off and seeing your advantage slowly go down makes you sweat, makes your hands jittery, makes you even more prone to making further mistakes.

There's no urgency like that in boost on.

However, I still do enjoy boost on races, just for different reasons. The physical aspect of those races is always fun, especially across 4 friends just laughing and screaming at each other. But comparing the two in terms of merit is like comparing a vegetable to a piece of meat and saying they're the same food group. They're not, you need a little from column A and B.

I'm suddenly very philosophical tonight, I can't believe I wrote what I did in the parts poll @_@
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Schar
Posted on Sep 14 2009, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,441

Boost is just for fun 4 player matches.
No boost is for 1 on 1 matches to see who's better.
PMEmail Poster
noOb R34
Posted on Sep 14 2009, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Team ☆AGR☆

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,259

Boost is just for funzies..
Boost off is for serious races..
PMEmail Poster
SJFC143
Posted on Sep 14 2009, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 4,973

imo no boost is stupid , if you hit a car your f**ked and the chance you hitting a car is pretty high , even if your amazing at the game .
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
BNR34NISMO
Posted on Sep 14 2009, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 871

QUOTE (Schar @ 4 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Boost is just for fun 4 player matches.
No boost is for 1 on 1 matches to see who's better.

no boost to see whos better is not a good idea. yes, ive done it before, but then ppl will b*tch and come up with excuses like oh you were in my way! or traffic was in my way!. to see whos better or faster, i suggest using TA instead of battle, so they dont have a lame excuse, since TA is just constant no traffic/no opponent, so you can see whos faster than the other in a "controlled environment". it just like qualifying in REAL races, they use Time Attack. thats just my opinion. its pretty obvious that ppl who are fast on TA have a slight advantage even in battle.
PMEmail Poster
Schar
Posted on Sep 14 2009, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 5,441

QUOTE (BNR34NISMO @ 1 hour, 48 minutes ago)
no boost to see whos better is not a good idea. yes, ive done it before, but then ppl will b*tch and come up with excuses like oh you were in my way! or traffic was in my way!. to see whos better or faster, i suggest using TA instead of battle, so they dont have a lame excuse, since TA is just constant no traffic/no opponent, so you can see whos faster than the other in a "controlled environment". it just like qualifying in REAL races, they use Time Attack. thats just my opinion. its pretty obvious that ppl who are fast on TA have a slight advantage even in battle.

True True.
But still, whenever I beat someone boost off, they bch and moan about how boost made me win. So the way I see it, boost off is the only way to truly shut them up. TA is a good idea as well.

This post has been edited by Schar on Sep 14 2009, 07:03 PM
PMEmail Poster
BNR34NISMO
Posted on Sep 14 2009, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 871

QUOTE (Schar @ 8 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
True True.
But still, whenever I beat someone boost off, they bch and moan about how boost made me win. So the way I see it, boost off is the only way to truly shut them up. TA is a good idea as well.

like i said even if its a boost off battle, and you win, the other person b*tches about it. that even happens in boost on battles, ppl b*tch and moan about why they lost. i mean if they truly want to see whos a better racer overall, go do so damn TA. that WILL shut them up. its true, battle requires skill too, like blocking/ramming and using right lines, and ppl know actually know REAL LIFE racing would know that LINES matter =.= and thats what TA does...whoever has the better lines and can control the car at fast speeds which gets a faster time, is declared better. plain and simple.

This post has been edited by BNR34NISMO on Sep 14 2009, 07:13 PM
PMEmail Poster
blackcyborg009
Posted on Oct 4 2009, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,814

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Situations, driving style, etc. will have impact on what the player prefers (boost off or on).

However, personally, given that I'm a green aura person, it means that I prefer it if there is less contact at all.

So if ever my aura changes (due to boost on races where there's lots of ramming and blocking), I usually request for some boost off races. It doesn't matter to me if I would lose on those as long as I get to restore my aura back to green.

Either way, I'm fine either way with boost on or off. It doesn't matter much to me I guess.

P.S.
In preference though, I really am not a person who likes to burn or ram others (as I rarely do unless really & extremely necessary). Hence, I would give a *slight* preference to boost off.

But like I said, boost on or boost off, I'm cool with it either way. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Paladinoras
Posted on Oct 4 2009, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

Truthfully, I can't decide which one I like more.

I mean, boost off is nice cause then the guy I beat will shut up, no excuses. At least here in my arcade.

But with boost on... if I screw up, I can always catch up again to the leaders... Which is nice.

On the flipside, if my opponents screw up, they can catch up with me...

So I am torn here, really, I can't decide which one is better.

PMEmail Poster
ryanc_01
Posted on Oct 4 2009, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

ROFLPaladin @ ID-MW2

Member No.: 4,374

QUOTE (Paladinoras @ 2 hours, 58 minutes ago)
Truthfully, I can't decide which one I like more.

I mean, boost off is nice cause then the guy I beat will shut up, no excuses. At least here in my arcade.

But with boost on... if I screw up, I can always catch up again to the leaders... Which is nice.

On the flipside, if my opponents screw up, they can catch up with me...

So I am torn here, really, I can't decide which one is better.

errr, Indonesian players to be specific? lol
PMEmail PosterMSN
Geo
Posted on Oct 5 2009, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (SJFC143 @ Sep 15 2009, 07:32 AM)
if you hit a car your f**ked and the chance you hitting a car is pretty high , even if your amazing at the game .

Exactly.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Paladinoras
Posted on Oct 5 2009, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

QUOTE (ryanc_01 @ 7 hours, 24 minutes ago)
errr, Indonesian players to be specific? lol

Lol, yeah, pretty much.

They like ramfesting with me.

With an Evo.

Against my R.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted on Oct 5 2009, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

I've only seen one boost off race, but never done one. Yeah as mentioned it's pretty intense if you hit one car or the wall or something then that's it, no chance to catch up basically. Boost can work for and against you, generally I am towards the back (3rd or 4th) in a 4 player race for a lot of the race and towards the end (last 2km) I'll catch up, unless I had a shit race and crash into everything...
Matz
Posted on Feb 25 2010, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

manila drifter

Member No.: 4,011

i prefer boost off races but most of my opponents won't step on the brake for boost off so i always get dragged into boost on races
PMEmail Poster
CNR4806
Posted on Feb 25 2010, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 6,500

Boost on. Reasons:
1. No one in Hong Kong steps on the brake anyway.
2. Boost on battle forces the player in the first-place to keep VERY concentrated so he won't be overtaken
3. Players who get rammed down or rammed on namco cars will have a chance to catch up if there's still like 5km left, so he or she won't have to run these 5km against no one
4. Pretty exciting to ram, anyway.
PMEmail Poster
Lorenzo*
Posted on Feb 25 2010, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,205

i race boost of all the time on any map, jus that all the french kids here play with boost on cause thier low
hkindahouse
Posted on Mar 12 2010, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Ranks And Mileage Equal Nothing

Member No.: 5,475

Boost on is usually more fun but you might hate it if people can catch up to you easy. This is why I like blocking and ramming. Boost off is fine also. It proves how you can play as if its a real race. If you want to see who's a better player, then just do TA's.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
YokohamaIX
Posted on Aug 9 2010, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

tic tic tic

Member No.: 6,964

booost all the way ! (:
PMEmail Poster
xw6668
Posted on Aug 12 2010, 01:38 AM
Quote Post

Metropolitan Emperor

Member No.: 6,944

the strength of boost, is a joke. someone can be 300 meters behind, drive horribly, and still catch up.
PM

Topic Options 9 Pages  « 7 8 9  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll