Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> No.. NO!!, Error 052, machine just ate my card!
eurobeatboy
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 12:04 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 948

So, I decided to go today to a nearby movie theater for some MT3 action. I've left my mark on one of the machines here before on the New Belt, Wangan and Yokohane lines. I took a seat at machine #2, seeing as my R34 wasn't being showcased on any of its tracks. I paid 3 credits, inserted my card (which later came to be a disaster), and asked me to renew card. I pay 3 more golden tokens, took my discard, selected Ghost Battle > Challenge Top Player > decided to start at C1... My orange GTR shows up, and next to her, a rather challenging-looking B1 Evo IX with a nice RalliArt sticker/paintjob. Not even TWO seconds of loading time pass in the game when suddenly....

ERROR 052 - Call a machine attendant

...or something along those lines. I go up to the "Box office", ask the nice lady for some help with the machine, or at least getting my card out of there in ONE piece. She calls up a guy (manager I think). He comes, resets the machine, Linux boots up into the game... CARD EJECTED. I go up to retrieve my card only to find NOTHING printed on it. I look at the guy, show him this insult, and ask...what is going on??? He looks puzzled, says he doesn't know. Me: "Is there any way you could open the part of the cabinet where the card would be and take it out?" Him: "I don't have access to it so there's nothing I can do right now" Me: "O_O .................WELL WHO HAS THE ACCESS TO IT? I NEED TO GET MY 400-OR-SO-INVESTED-DOLLARS CARD BACK, MAN!" Him: "Well, normally we have a person that comes in here every wednesday to take the money out." I insisted on leaving my home and cell number and card information to the guy and told him to call me as soon as the actual "machine operator" comes in.

Right now, I'm at a loss of words (aside from being frustrated of course). I mean, this never happened to me in ID:AS, thankfully. I think it really REALLY SUCKS that Namco didn't make it in a way where it prints your info on the new card IMMEDIATELY after putting in the appropriate amount of credits for renewal, at least that's how I saw it after getting a friggin blank!

I'm also at the point right now of debating whether I should spend $60 re-building my beloved R34 from 600HP or if I should get one of those unshaded, fully-tuned cards from hong-kong at, like $40. What do you guys think?
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,198

well that is a bit sad actually, so basically you lost your card... well... some similar thing happened to me.
well it's not bad for me to be honest, but it is something.
when I first renew my card, something happened too.
I renewed it, got my discard, and played again.
I noticed that the Steer isn't right though, it is very loose, as if no credits is being put
so I feel that something is very wrong, but I played and it's perfectly fine, but the steer was really loose, and it's hard to control

it wasn't bad for me, but I noticed that it was when I renewed my card, and this happened when you renewed ur card too.. so I think there's something wrong with renewing the cards...

I'd get the $40 if I were you, or even stop playing probably..
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 12:20 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 727

Well first off did you try the card after it came out without wording on the card? cause information for the card itself is stored on the MAG strip on the back and all the wording on the front of the card is there for is so you can see the info on the card. Just because the card came out blank doesn't mean that there is no information on the card.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Dflowen
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 28

Shit that happened to me too same situation, but I was able to get my card back through.....**** *e***** can't talk about it here, not allowed too. Sorry for your loss man.

break down
First renew card---make a discard----discard ejected-----pick new color---(at this point the renew data is not on the card yet)----play a race----messes up----reset machine----card ejected with nothing on it------ test it out-----data corrupt right??

After Play a race----no mess up---- data gets written on----card comes out safely---No problem.

This post has been edited by Dflowen on Jan 5 2008, 12:33 AM
PMEmail Poster
eurobeatboy
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 948

@hanzel2m:

weird... I know an MT3 location nearby that's famous for its noobs. Both machines' steering wheels are loose like u described and its natural for me to believe that they've only been noob-abused. O well, could be anything.

@weirdo808hi

I tried the blank card right after the machine booted up and I got a free game. It just came back with an "invalid card" message on screen and ejected it. Thing is that I've tried it on that same machine since the one next to it was already occupied. I got little hope for this, but i'll try the card at a different MT3 location.
PMEmail Poster
RemieGino14
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 766

Regardless if you gave the guy your number and whatever, if 2 or more people start playing on the machine, your card is gone....

....No wait that was back in WMMT2 days.

- RemieGino14 -
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
BeastinLondon
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Beast of the Highway

Member No.: 230

something like that happend to my friend, only he was lucky as the card still had the info on it regardless of no ink printed on it.

my advice, never play any arcade games that uses cards in cinemas, as there are no arcade machine techs to help you out there.
PMEmail Poster
Rakurai^
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,767

This is what particularly worries me when I go into new Arcades I've never been to before. Unless there's an attendant who is familiar with the procedure of restoring card data on site, then there's a very slight chance that you'll get it back.

If it spits out your card with all the ink gone, try inserting the card again. If you're lucky, your data should still be on it. Otherwise, just pray that your existing data got stored in the backup memory of the machine at the time the card reader screwed up.

If the attendant has the keys to open the door to the service mode switch, then you should be able to do restore your card data yourself, if the attendant doesn't have a clue. First thing is never let them reset the machine, they shouldn't have to, because:

1) You'll have to wait for about 5 minutes for the machine to boot up
2) It might wipe the backup memory where your card data was stored before the card reader messed up (not 100% sure about this).

Once in service mode, go to the Restore Card Data option menu, and hopefully your card name info will be displayed in one of the backup slots. Insert a card into the reader, and select the restore option.

This post has been edited by Rakurai^ on Jan 5 2008, 02:39 AM
PMEmail Poster
FClover
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 03:22 AM
Quote Post

All hail the Gurren Brigade!

Member No.: 954

Funny...The game crashed a few times before while I was playing...
But all my cards are still in 1 piece...guess I'm just lucky... blink.gif
A 9.8k km mileage FC...a 5k km mileage RX-8...and a 1.4k km mileage 3.8rs...all in 1 piece...
There's only 1 case of data corruption in the arcade so far...
Or as far as I've heard of...: \
PMEmail Poster
Frost
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 981

the same thing happen to the dude that i posted somewhere in this board!

its happen during renewal..

anyway..i quoted xeoreg what you suppose to do if this happen:

"wrong, what the arcade attendants should have done was gone into the menu, and then go to restore card data.

they'll have to insert a card to rewrite the data before the data has been lost.

they should NOT have turned the machine off, as that'll erase all previous card data."
PMEmail Poster
Chaos
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 1,095

on MT2
the machine i played also corrupted when battling P v P
The staff reset's the Machine and
My card was Blank
I tried it but the data is still okay

TRY to Insert it again?
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
akachan
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 1,432

yup, and ur data will display again and print it out
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Rakurai^
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,767

Any idea what actually causes data corruption? Obviously this being the worst case scenario...
PMEmail Poster
sadisticsaviorx
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 1,509

All these people that say the card system just saves every card is wrong. It only saves cards that give write errors so they can be reprinted. I have the manual if anyone wants a picture of that. Your data should be fine as long as the operator knows what they are doing. I help maintain two machines at a local arcade and we know them in and out.
PMEmail Poster
Kenji
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1,019

There's a pdf version of the manual...
All you gotta do is just venture beyond WME forum...
PMEmail Poster
Frost
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 981

QUOTE (Chaos @ Today at 6:12 AM)
on MT2
the machine i played also corrupted when battling P v P
The staff reset's the Machine and
My card was Blank
I tried it but the data is still okay

TRY to Insert it again?

situation like that is okay becoz the data itself still left intact in the card..

the biggest problem is during renewal, becoz your old card will be discarded and your data should be store in new ones
PMEmail Poster
DDRFAN
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Breaks hearts, not dance.

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (eurobeatboy @ Today at 12:34 AM)
@hanzel2m:

weird... I know an MT3 location nearby that's famous for its noobs. Both machines' steering wheels are loose like u described and its natural for me to believe that they've only been noob-abused. O well, could be anything.

@weirdo808hi

I tried the blank card right after the machine booted up and I got a free game. It just came back with an "invalid card" message on screen and ejected it. Thing is that I've tried it on that same machine since the one next to it was already occupied. I got little hope for this, but i'll try the card at a different MT3 location.

Would the arcade you're talking about be YD? Gawd, they've barely had it for a month and the kick back is dead, and one wheel is slanted in order to go straight.
PMEmail Poster
Chaos
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

I think that the data is not printed because
we are still in a battle or something
but the machine have been shutted down
so our data were not printed yet
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MaxX
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 894

Uh, im surprised no one seems to know why this happened and instead are telling this guy that it's tough luck.

Your card is fine, or should be. On a read error like that, and after a reboot, the print on the top of the card is wiped. This is because the machine has wiped the ink before the read error, to rewrite the new print on the card when you were finished, but because that didnt happen, it spit the card back out with nothing on it.

I don't understand why you would go apeshit over not seeing anything on the FRONT of your card anyway, I thought it was common sense to know that your data is stored on the magnetic strip, so what does the front of the card matter?

I'd bring it to your arcade and try out the card, I'm sure you'll find that it works. You'll also find that what you accomplished during your last set of plays is gone, which is no big deal unless you sat down for 40 races without getting up.

99% sure you're fine, it's happened to me a few times, on all MT versions, and the outcome is always the same.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
-kT
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 12:41 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE (eurobeatboy @ Yesterday at 12:34 AM)

@ MaxX

did you miss that part?

anyway, same thing has happened to me numerous times. A lot more in MT2, but its happened a few times in MT2 too. What you should've done is tried it on a DIFFERENT machine. Or gone to a different arcade if that movie whatever only had 1 machine. exact same thing has happened to me, I took it to a different arcade and it worked fine. I'm willing to bet that it'll work

Worst case scenario..if it doesn't work, then just start over, like so many of us on here have before.

This post has been edited by -kT on Jan 6 2008, 12:42 AM
PMEmail Poster
ac101
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

絶対領域 ratio: best math ratio EVER

Member No.: 903

they wont start over man..
cuz all they will do is complain how much money they wasted in the game and wont waste anymore unless they have their card back...--;
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 12:50 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 894

Yes, I did miss that part kt, my apologies.

My experiences with those write errors still stand though tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RemieGino14
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 766

All those related errors all date back to WMMT2 days.

Theres a new restore system in WMMT3 now, completely different way of restoring cards. First off, there is no more "save 2 data places every game" As we all used to know back in WMMT2, every game that was played, the data was saved, and only 2 places get saved after every game. If anything had gone wrong, you could call the attendent or arcade employee and ask to go into the system and choose to restore which of the 2 data. (Also another way of duping cards)

Now in WMMT3, that doesn't exist anymore (As from what I saw when our home arcade got the machines. We checked the card restore menu, and it wasn't there anymore) Now it only saves data when the machine creates an error. (Such as Error 52 or Wheel error or whatever.) I guess Namco finally realized that some arcade owners were duping cards and decided to take that feature out.

About cards that have no ink or what not, there 2 ways to tell if you lost your data.

1. If your error occurs during card loading or as your card is being read, your data is gone from the card and into the system because when you load your card, the machine pulls your data from the card and reads it into machine.

(After your done selecting which mode your doing (Story, Ghost, Outrun, or Time Attack) the machine writes the old data back onto your card.)

or

2. If your error occurs during a race, your card has its data still because as your racing, your card basically sits there until your race is over. As it sits, it has a record of your old data on the card and when the race is over, the machine writes the new data onto the card, thats why it takes a bit of time when its spitting your card out.

If I'm wrong anywhere, please accept my apologize. I have played around with the machines at my local arcade, so I know what I see. If I missed anything please let me know.

- RemieGino14 -

This post has been edited by RemieGino14 on Jan 6 2008, 01:33 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Chaos
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 02:27 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

i forget about that too
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
ginkun
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 870

Damn eurobeatboy, that sucks man... Hopefully you had a discard of your car man, hope you can play again to 820hp....

P.S.
You should've c****d your card man so in case that error 69874 happens again and erases your card, you have a backup =O
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll