Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> In need of Location Category, Like USA, Singapore..etc
RemieGino14
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 766

Now that the forums has grown a bit bigger, we now have active mods, and a fair amount of share in the "Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune" section, I now think its time to take another step and add sub forums in the "Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune" Section.

By that, I mean subforums for USA, Singapore, UK, Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong, and or where a Wangan cabinet would be.

Reason why I think its time now is because I see all these other country threads with like 3k post in them of just people talking. Advantage of having this would also include meets, posting pictures of tourny's and what not, and finally organized information we can all find.

This is just my 2 cents. If you guys are busy, take your time. Just throwing this out for heads up.

- RemieGino14 -
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Midnight Star
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 01:53 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Member No.: 33

I see where you're coming from wanting the subtopics, but my only worry about that would be the forum being divided by areas and the community being segregated rather than one collective board. For now the threads are doing their job. I wasn't too keen on country threads either. But its really a decision for Nomake Wan and E86.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Member No.: 223

However, as I have seen from my months here at WME, having everyone congregate into a single forum merely clutters the heck out of that forum. I mean, look at the WMMT forum as it is right now; tons of pinned threads, and sometimes even more than a page's worth of active threads. It is by far the most active forum section I've seen anywhere, including during my time over at Initial D World.

As such, I feel that a little segregation may be in order, if only to make the WMMT section easier to navigate. Creating subforums for regions doesn't really hamper anything (since what are the odds that a player in New York is going to be in Singapore anytime soon?), and simultaneously allows for the removal of all the "___ Area" threads that already exist.

I'm for region subforums. I'm also for cleaning the heck out of the main forum too, though, haha. I mean, having two "Questions?" pinned threads seems kinda silly, right? laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
RemieGino14
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 766

It was just a heads up ~.~ I mean you can always put up a rule of "If someone is making fun of someone because they are from New york and they're bagging on the Singapore thread, that will not be tolerated" or something like that.

I don't think its putting it out that your segregating people, but its just to help navigate people and keeping the forum more organized.

And as you said, WMMT is the most active forum. I mean... Look at the Manila, Philippine's Thread... 3k post, rofl. In addition if Region subforums to be implemented, you can have mini mods for them as well if you think you wouldn't have enough people to handle.

I don't know, its really your choice, just my 2 cents.

- RemieGino14 -
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Midnight Star
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 03:55 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Member No.: 33

Well as I said before, I was against the country threads too so I may be a bit biased. But I know what you're talking about how threads have 3K posts. Back in the time when I played Live For Speed, I used to visit their forum for skins. They just had one massive thread to dump skins. Whenever the thread reached 99 pages they'd start a new one. Going through 99 pages at a time of what was mostly idle blaber was excruciatingly painful. So your idea does have some pros, just not sure if they outweigh anything
PMEmail PosterMSN
The J
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

I'm with Nomake on this. I think we should seperate the forum into a regional subforum to ease the clutter. It will help mods figure out where new stray threads are supposed to end up going (heck it's so easy to know when to move things to lounge when it's intros, or automotive when it's real cars, etc.). It will assist people who are lost as well. It's kinda daunting for a newbie to have to look at a bazillion stickied topics. Even I miss them sometimes. I know for some of us we just know where to look. But a regional and general questions subforum would be helpful I think.

Regions don't really have anything to do with MT the game and we should keep the MT section for MT. At this time however there's no where else to organize events/ meets/ chat with your fellow players. Having a regional section keeps people from having to make multiple So Cal/ AI threads like we had before.

An FAQ and general questions subforum would prevent some spamming and make it easy for everyone asking game questions to search or for us to move things. It also looks more organized.

This post has been edited by The J on Feb 20 2008, 03:08 PM
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll