• Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> anyone else think storymode in 3 is easier than 2?, WAY easier actually
Jerry Liu
Posted: May 4 2008, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,493

So I finally got started on my EVO IX. To my surprise, I breezed through it with little to no trouble at all. The only hard part was tryna to catch up on the Wangan when the opponents constantly ram you and try to block you, but other than that, it was a piece of cake...! I remember this one stage, after you cross the C1 wall divider, there was a finish line. I hit the wall (not the middle column) and I was STILL ahead and GAINING meters... I remember that happened to me in 2 and my card got shaded. Is it going to be this easy throughout the entire 80 stages or just most? Because I don't wanna end up feeling confident throughout Story Mode and end up getting shaded.
PMEmail PosterAOL
BNR34NISMO
Posted: May 4 2008, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 871

my evo6 will smoke u gay lo. everyone has a evo 8 or 9. watch mods closed this thread cause theres a wmmt2 VS wmmt3 thread.

This post has been edited by BNR34NISMO on May 4 2008, 11:13 PM
PMEmail Poster
Jerry Liu
Posted: May 4 2008, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 2,493

Not many people got EVO IX because they don't wanna do Story Mode and start an EVO IX, especially when they don't even know the Story Mode in Maximum Tune 3, so they just stick with the EVO VIII and transfer it over from Maximum Tune 2.
PMEmail PosterAOL
BNR34NISMO
Posted: May 5 2008, 12:04 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 871

i know that. but i bet my evo6 can sitll beat ur evo 9, any course, this friday/saturday at acme. hit me up.
PMEmail Poster
BearZ
Posted: May 5 2008, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

Oh! The BearZ!

Member No.: 243

the storyline in MT3 is too easy ... unless u are referring to class specific traffic ... then its abt the same with MT2 but still easier ...

Example of MT3 being toned down
1. Hakone route
All computer opponents are tuned to lose even u bang a number of times ...
2. Reina and the Manager
those who played MT2 will know this stage ... if you dun catch up by 5km ... 90% of the time u stand to lose ...
3. Sonada the son of a B*tch
those who encountered him in MT2 will instantly remember his ugly tactic ... in MT3 ... once u pass him and u dun bang .. he cant catch up
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Sailor Enlil
Posted: May 5 2008, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

The Wangan Jedi

Member No.: 997

Yeah, after REPLAYING Story Mode on my R32, I very easily finished it unshaded (hence the new title, raise in rank, and finally getting the Midnight R OST unlocked). Compare that to when I first created the same car in MT2 before transferring it to MT3: it was much tougher, and I suffered one loss getting it shaded (it was Stage 71, and it seemed the opponent was cheating - if I remember right it was Koichi Kijima). I also made sure to get my car's HP up quick for some stages (particularly NBLCW, and those with Hiramoto as the opponent - I lost to him tuning my Celsior because somehow he was just too fast).
raven111
Posted: May 5 2008, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Valhallan Warbird

Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM)
So I finally got started on my EVO IX. To my surprise, I breezed through it with little to no trouble at all. The only hard part was tryna to catch up on the Wangan when the opponents constantly ram you and try to block you, but other than that, it was a piece of cake...! I remember this one stage, after you cross the C1 wall divider, there was a finish line. I hit the wall (not the middle column) and I was STILL ahead and GAINING meters... I remember that happened to me in 2 and my card got shaded. Is it going to be this easy throughout the entire 80 stages or just most? Because I don't wanna end up feeling confident throughout Story Mode and end up getting shaded.

I remember that stage - the finish line was like 300m away from the turn, meaning you had to nail it or else.

In fact, MT3 is way easier than MT2 - I blew through both on Auto, but had a helluva harder time on MT2 except for non-Hakone stages and a moderately hard time on the last two chapters (720Hp) because the AI kept ramming me, and I goofed on the final stage's last turn. MT3 took out a lot of stuff from MT2 that made it harder - and I personally liked some of them (including the rail obstacles available post-1st-loop, and some inconveniently-positioned traffic vehicles. And don't forget the gate on the NBL side of that turn you mentioned - they removed access to the left ramp; in MT2, if the right was closed off, players would have to turn sharply or double back lest they head-on the wall.

As for the Evo argument, I got my Evo9 when MT3 came out because I had no Evo to begin with, it looked comparatively better than the Evo8, and everyone had an Evo8 (basically meaning I thought everyone had ugly/weird-looking cars).

This post has been edited by raven111 on May 5 2008, 07:14 AM
PMEmail Poster
FAME*
Posted: May 5 2008, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

...Famous!

Member No.: 141

i know theres already a thread like this mods plz lock
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: May 5 2008, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

i agree with fame* close this thread down
anyway the story line in mt3 is no different from mt2 it's just that ur car is faster thats all
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: May 5 2008, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 894

This has been done ohhhhhh so many times.

This is like the 3rd clone topic Jerry Liu has made....I don't think you want to be lumped in with the likes of jonathanfigureoa or whatever his name is.

So read the boards before you make a thread.
Maori
  Posted: Sep 9 2011, 02:51 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,059

I watch the movie and i loved it but performance wasnt that grat lol. Anyway come to New Zealand and ill promise you a good Race on my FD3S RX7

All Blacks mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif

(USER WAS VERBALLY WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Verbal warning has been issued to this post by Geo on Sep 9 2011, 03:33 AM.
  - Reasons: necropost; off-topic.
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll