Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> L28 Carb or Turbo?, which is better

L28 Carb or Turbo?
Carburetor [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
Turbo [ 13 ]  [81.25%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
phearless
Posted on May 30 2011, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,363

The thing with me is... first of all, I'm 31 years old and have been hopelessly in love with S30's, since I was 6. Finally got my first oldschool Z after getting divorced, and taking my soul back from the government. I've been planning on opening a serious tuning shop, in Colorado Springs, for several years, now. This 240 of mine is going to pretty much be a rolling billboard, and I'm doing all the work, myself (except for welding and machining, until I get the tools and skill to do it, myself).
Heh... gotta admit to watching the fictional blue car... but it was actually my daughters that introduced me to Wangan Midnight, AFTER I picked up the Z, and saw the specs for the SSS car. I kept wondering why they insisted my car's name was "Devil Z", until they finally made me watch the show. I frickin love my kids, btw (single dads, FTW). I got in the habit, too. Found this forum, around the same time.
as mentioned, previously... I'm fully aware and acceptant that this car will be the opposite of streetable, when I'm done with it.

I have built a few cars, in the past. I had the first convertible Silvia clone in Las Vegas, if not the entire US, about 12 years ago. Self-built. I've also done a Gen1, and 4 Gen2 RX-7's, as well as the "polished turd" that was my old Sentra Sport Coupe. When I was in Jr. High, my step dad and I built a monster of a 77 Celica, and a show-worthy Datsun 620 pickup. Not to mention the major influence I had over a certain Mitsu Starion. I'm also currently trying to breathe life back into a dead RX-8. So, this ain't my first rodeo... but it is my first straight-6.
This is my chosen post-military career. I need all the knowledge I can get.

Extrudabody, though.... I'm all buddy-buddy with the owner, so there won't be any talking me out of that. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by phearless on May 30 2011, 04:17 PM
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted on May 31 2011, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,693

QUOTE (phearless @ Yesterday, 4:14 PM)

Heh... gotta admit to watching the fictional blue car... but it was actually my daughters that introduced me to Wangan Midnight, AFTER I picked up the Z, and saw the specs for the SSS car. I kept wondering why they insisted my car's name was "Devil Z", until they finally made me watch the show. I frickin love my kids, btw (single dads, FTW). I got in the habit, too. Found this forum, around the same time.

I have a similar story, minus the divorce part. Found my S30 in SoCal during the "flight school" portion of my training. It was originally supposed to be a cheap beater to thrash and trash before I went across the Pacific, but it ended up waiting for me to come home four years later and build it up. I discovered this show/manga one night while I was in the middle of tearing down the car the first time. I was actually on youtube sifting through Big_Phil's Z videos.
PMEmail Poster
phearless
Posted on May 31 2011, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,363

It's funny you should mention Phil..... because my Datsun is the same color.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 3 Pages  1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll