> DevilZ diferent stylings?
Sparrow
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,109

Well.. im just curious..

In the first episode we see first Akio driving the Z sometime in the near future (the sign reads after that "some months ago" or something..
meaning that first scene was set somewhere mid series..

The Z has mirrors in the wings and yellow fog lights..

when we see the Z first time it has those very same wing mirrors and yellow fog lights.. then after the second crash it losses both.. now it has door mirrors and no fog-lights..

the thing is.. since the "flashforward" was set in the next months.. is the DevilZ going to get back its wing mirrors and fog lights sometime after episode 12 or it was simply a VFX screw-up?

PD: I love the chrome wing mirrors and yellow fog lights BTW
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
mike962
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,839

QUOTE (Sparrow @ Today at 8:03 AM)
Well.. im just curious..

In the first episode we see first Akio driving the Z sometime in the near future (the sign reads after that "some months ago" or something..
meaning that first scene was set somewhere mid series..

The Z has mirrors in the wings and yellow fog lights..

when we see the Z first time it has those very same wing mirrors and yellow fog lights.. then after the second crash it losses both.. now it has door mirrors and no fog-lights..

the thing is.. since the "flashforward" was set in the next months.. is the DevilZ going to get back its wing mirrors and fog lights sometime after episode 12 or it was simply a VFX screw-up?

PD: I love the chrome wing mirrors and yellow fog lights BTW

Maybe a simple continuity error

In ID Stage 4 you see at least once the AE86 parked at the shop without its carboon engine hood despite hjaving it in previous episodes
PMEmail Poster
SuperjakkoTM
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 2,244

Good call! I must admit, I'm more partial to the wing mirrors on the actual wings themselves. It's something that we didn't get over here (in England). It was a JDM thing (Japanese domestic market) so if you see one in real life that has the wing mirrors then it's either a Japanese version or an enthusiast who's after the JDM look. I'm a member of the ZClub in the UK and there is a guy who has a Datsun 240z (1970 English model) that he's basically broken down to it's bare bones and rebuilt from the ground up. He's fitted it with a really trick RB26 engine with some sweet racing cams too. Also, he's gone for the ZG wheel arches (doesn't everyone!?) and decided to go for authentic Watanabe rims too (oh my, they are awesome). The back wheels have a larger offset giving the car a really 70's musclecar look. It's been an ongoing project for nearly 2 years and so the thread has had 22 thousand hits. Check it out at www.zclub.net if you get a chance. It's a real good read, if nothing else!
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,725

I've actually noticed the different air dams mostly in the opening scene. Even when shots are presumably of the same race, it switches b/w the yellow lights and a solid airdam. Interestingly though, that air dam isn't designed to have lights there, those are brake cooling openings. The driving light air dams have the openings closer together.
PMEmail Poster
DOHC
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

i like nuts

Member No.: 374

They look pretty but aerodynamically they suck lol.It adds a bit more in the drag coefficient but every thing counts when you have a twin turbo Le Mans car on a highway.isnt the air dam with the brake coolants made out of urthrane? strong as carbon fiber but a tad heavy with smaller rims,they give you a increase in torque.

This post has been edited by IamThe280Z on Jun 30 2008, 01:17 PM
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,725

MSA offers both fiberglass and urethane air dams, and the BRE style airdams they also have in CF.
PMEmail Poster
Sparrow
Posted: Jun 30 2008, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Yes.. i supose that the mirrors on wing are not the better option for aerodynamics (wich are important at such speeds, and even that guy dominated by his pregnant wife and Reina both removed the rear wings from their R32s) but it was strange.. like a big FX mistake ..anyway..wonder where that "months ago" would put that intro scene ... before or after the "big flame crash"
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
AK-Z
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Grumpy old guy :p

Member No.: 206

the car was crashed a few time throughout the series. thats your answer. I don't think a CG studio would bother with constantly changing they models in less it they needed to.

I could see how it could be for the animated stuff, well more of like re-using scenes.

This post has been edited by AK-Z on Jul 3 2008, 11:28 AM
PMEmail Poster
Sparrow
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

The funny thing: In the intro.. the DevilZ appears with both styles.. and same with the blackbird.. it apears in the initial 930 form and in the later heavy tunned 964.

Also there is a shot in the intro of the DevilZ in the "initial" form (mirrors in wings) overtaking a dark grey R32 (reina's) and when that happened first the DevilZ was allready with door mirrors..and is doubtfull that happens again because Reina's GTR now is white and wingless

Sorry im just this way..i also spoted a lot of changes in the Galactica Viper mk.2 cockpit from the initial appearance to last..
PMEmail PosterICQMSN

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll