Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> My uploaded movies V2
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 542

/!\ WARNING /!\
- To get a movie, you have to download all the parts and store them in the same folder and then decompress the first file using winrar or 7zip (or any software that you like)

American Graffiti
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Bullit
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Cannonball
user posted image
extract
user posted image

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Drift 1
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Drift 2
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Drift 3
user posted image
trailer
making of Drift 3user posted image
user posted image

Drift 4
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Drift 5
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Drift 6
user posted image
user posted image

Drift : Beauty Battle
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Drift Special Stage
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Duel
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Fast Track No Limit
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

God Speed You ! Black Emperor
user posted image
extracts
user posted image

Gone in 60 seconds (1974)
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Grand Prix
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Gumball 3000:3000 Miles
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Gumball 3000: 6 days in may
user posted image
intro
user posted image

This post has been edited by Grunswald on Jul 28 2008, 12:51 AM
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Gumball 3000:Mischief 2
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Gumball 3000: the movie
user posted image
intro
user posted image

Shouto Kousoku Trial
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Shouto Kousoku Trial 2
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Shouto Kousoku Trial 3
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Shouto Kousoku Trial 4
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Shouto Kousoku Trial 5
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Shouto Kousoku Trial Max
user posted image
intro
user posted image

Speed Master
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Street Racer
user posted image
trailer
user posted image
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

The Cannonball Run
user posted image
intro
user posted image

The Cannonball Run 2
user posted image
intro
user posted image

The Cannonball Run 3 (aka speed zone)
user posted image
intro
user posted image

The Driver
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

The Gumball Rallye
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Two Lane Blacktop
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Vanishing Point
user posted image
trailer
user posted image

Wangan Midnight - Live Movie (NO SUBTITLES)
user posted image
trailer (??)
user posted image

This post has been edited by Grunswald on Jul 18 2008, 08:44 AM
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

waiting for more (maybe)
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

waiting for more (maybe)
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

hi, a new topic for my uploaded movies. Why a new ? cause i like having pictures and on this forum, only 20 pics are allowed by post so it was not really convenient to keep the old one. Lots of stuff happened since the last update. As some of you might had noticed, my veoh account has been deleted. Which means that all the videos has gone. On the other hand, the rules of rapidshare have changed which allow a free user to get a movie in a really short time. So everything is hosted on rapidshare now with a premium account which means that as long as nobody complains, it should stay forever.

Concerning the movies, I have all the drift serie (including the new drift 6 and drift special stage), all the shouto kousoku trial, the first wangan movie and lots of old car related movies...

i would like to add all the wangan movies and some others like evolusi kl for example but i can't find it with subtitles... if anyone know where i can find those subtitles give me a shout (i would be surprised if they exist, but who knows...)

If any admin see this topic, http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showtopic=27898 thisone can be closed or deleted i think because not relevant anymore.
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

fixed drift 6 that had subtitles out of sync.
truballer1724
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,590

Thanks for the uploads. I watched Drift 2 even though it didn't have subs. Can you tell me which drift movies have subs please?
PMEmail Poster
5hu7o
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 553

just of of curiosity. are u able to get your hands on the "efforts of shutoko full throttle" movie?
PMEmail Poster
truballer1724
Posted: Jul 20 2008, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,590

QUOTE (5hu7o @ Today at 1:52 PM)
just of of curiosity. are u able to get your hands on the "efforts of shutoko full throttle" movie?

I wanna see that....badly!
PMEmail Poster
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 02:26 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

except wangan live movie (the first of the serie) all the other movies are with english subs (except the movies that are already in english).

for the "efforts of shutoko full throttle" can you explain what is it ? I got the shouto kousoku trial box so maybe it's in the bonus but i don't think so. And maybe it's just another name of shouto kousoku trial like freeway expressway trial, metropolis freeway trial, etc...

edit: ok i get it, i see if i can find it.

This post has been edited by Grunswald on Jul 21 2008, 02:28 AM
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 21 2008, 03:12 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

ok i know where to have it and even if it will be cheap, i'm so F**Kin skint that i can't afford it... well... i can just take all the money that i can using cash point and then paying on internet to go in negativ... i will do that
Aerys
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 2,710

@Grunswald

thanks for sharing these awesome movies.

i believe the link for the for the "drift: beauty battle" is wrong? when i click it shows the drift 6 download.
PMEmail Poster
5hu7o
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 553

QUOTE (Grunswald @ Jul 21 2008, 03:12 AM)
ok i know where to have it and even if it will be cheap, i'm so F**Kin skint that i can't afford it... well... i can just take all the money that i can using cash point and then paying on internet to go in negativ... i will do that

lol not takin a shot a ya, im just askin if u know where to find it. ive looked every where and i can come up is like a short vid on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L05_9oehXvA
PMEmail Poster
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

thanks for drift beauty battle, i put back the correct link

and i'm sorry if it has looked like i was upset but it was not case. I found the information on the net and the ask where i buy my dvd if they have it. They told me that they don't had it in stock, but could have it later. So i will order it when they got it back... but i will have to go in negativ maybe but i don't really mind
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 03:46 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

Downloaded SS, have been meaning to see that movie since I read the manga. Just some comments, hope ya don't mind...

I'm guessing these were ripped on your own... good job on banging out so many at once. But SS has some issues, which I guess the rest might too? I've only downloaded SS so far so I can only comment on that.

-Aspect Ratio is off. If you're going to keep the AVI container, then you'll need to encode the DVD to 852x480 or 704x396 to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio. If you switch your container to Matroska (MKV), you can have the container do the 16:9 conversion for you and leave your 720x480 source video alone. Using Matroska also makes up for...

-Hardsubs. I know, they appear on 100% of computers without any fussing. But softsubs are nice, and they're really not hard to do. If you can hardsub, then you can softsub. I know that Matroska supports using raw DVD subpictures like I'm guessing you're using from the font. Reason being... well, I dunno. I guess the timing/translation bugs me and I want to be able to turn them off?

-Deinterlacing. Namely, none has been performed on the source footage. The DVD is interlaced, so when you go to make a video file, you have to deinterlace it or it comes out with all those lines around everything that moves. It's made worse when I force my player to stretch the video into its native 16:9 aspect ratio. I could of course force my player to do the deinterlacing, but the best quality output comes when deinterlacing is done from the source material itself rather than the XviD-encoded output.

-XviD encoding turns sour at the 1:15:22 mark. It gets incredibly blocky and stays that way for the remainder of the film. I'm guessing this is because of a setting in the XviD encoder which, instead of averaging the bitrate through the whole film, forces the bitrate to drop at the end to keep the filesize at 700 MB. I've nothing against XviD really since I do use it myself, but it makes things difficult to make out when they're blurred and blocky.

Yup, I'm complaining. Yup, I'm being harsh. But yup, I'm being honest. Do what you want with the comments. Thanks for taking the trouble to collect and upload these movies, however. I'm sure that there are many, many more who appreciate it than the few of us who bother to critique it.
PMEmail Poster
Grunswald
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

As you remember i'm using gordian knot to batch the job so:

-Aspect Ratio is off. If you're going to keep the AVI container, then you'll need to encode the DVD to 852x480 or 704x396 to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio. If you switch your container to Matroska (MKV), you can have the container do the 16:9 conversion for you and leave your 720x480 source video alone. Using Matroska also makes up for...

I don't know why, everytime gordian knot give me a werid output size when i look at the list of command (you know when you preview the movie and can choose to add the subtitles for example) and i got the movie cropped first that gives me a ratio and then the movie is resized to another ratio... it was usually so buggy that i remove the resizing operation now. It can come from there, maybe i should trust gordian and let this resize operation and only change it when i have issues.

-Hardsubs. I know, they appear on 100% of computers without any fussing. But softsubs are nice, and they're really not hard to do. If you can hardsub, then you can softsub. I know that Matroska supports using raw DVD subpictures like I'm guessing you're using from the font. Reason being... well, I dunno. I guess the timing/translation bugs me and I want to be able to turn them off?

Yes, usually i prefer softsubs, first because it helps if someone want to sub it in his own language and... it's just more convenient. i've uploaded a version of SS with softsubs if you are really interested. The reason why i've used hard sub on this one ? no idea... that was the force that i was doing since a long time, maybe it was a reflex as when i was uploading on veoh i had to use hardsubs. And maybe the fact that for me softsubs are good when in srt format and it really piss me off to pass from idx/sub to srt. And maybe i wanted to avoid the "oh there is no subtitle..." "just put everything in the same folder" "oh..."... Basically i've no reason for having hardsubbed it lol

-Deinterlacing. Namely, none has been performed on the source footage. The DVD is interlaced, so when you go to make a video file, you have to deinterlace it or it comes out with all those lines around everything that moves. It's made worse when I force my player to stretch the video into its native 16:9 aspect ratio. I could of course force my player to do the deinterlacing, but the best quality output comes when deinterlacing is done from the source material itself rather than the XviD-encoded output.

i don't know how to deinterlace... i've never found the command in gordian, so if you know it, it would be really appreciated if you could show me lol

-XviD encoding turns sour at the 1:15:22 mark. It gets incredibly blocky and stays that way for the remainder of the film. I'm guessing this is because of a setting in the XviD encoder which, instead of averaging the bitrate through the whole film, forces the bitrate to drop at the end to keep the filesize at 700 MB. I've nothing against XviD really since I do use it myself, but it makes things difficult to make out when they're blurred and blocky.

So far i've never had any problem. i reckon that i haven't seen drift ss yet (have to works on my thesis) nor drift 6 but the others have no problems. i don't know from what it could be due.

So what i can say is
-aspect ratio : i think that there is no problem for the firsts drift and shoutoku (cause it has started to go mad a bit after)
-hardsubs : the drift main serie got soft subs normally (except drift 5 maybe i'm not sure). The shouto serie should be with soft subs as well. Drift bb i don't remember what i've putted
-deinterlacing: all of the japanese movies that i've uploaded are interlaced
-dodgy encoding: i think it's only an issue for drift ss cause i haven't noticed it in the others.

i didn't find your coms harsh but usefull. Anything that could increase the quality is much appreciated. It's not like if you had just said that it was shit, you gave me your arguments and i like that, thanks.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Sweet! Now that's what I like to hear.

Okay, Gordian... wow, I haven't used that program in a while, so here's my suggestion...

On Aspect Ratio: If the resizing operation is a buggy as you say, then keep doing what you're doing! That is, don't use the resizer in Gordian. Just take the output AVI file and dump it into MKVmerge (part of the MKVtoolnix package). Then select the video stream, and set it to 16/9. It's really easy, and this way you can leave the video at 720x480.

On Softsubs: You have a softsub version? That would be sw33t. Also easy to integrate into an MKV file.

On Deinterlacing: In gordian knot's save settings there should be something called "Field Operations." That's where you'll find deinterlacing. If you just use "FieldDeinterlace" it should work fine. That's all I did to your encoded video and it was decent.

On encoding: I was honestly guessing at what the issue was with SS's encoding. I wish I could say for certain what was causing it, but I just don't know.

Well hit me up on AIM or MSN if you wanna talk it over and stuff. I don't use GK but I've got a lot of encoding experience so I'd be more than happy to help out.
PMEmail Poster
Grunswald
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

I've found the deinterlacing option and will look at the option in mkvtoolnix when i come back from holidays. I'm not quite a fan of mkv container as lots of people don't know how it works...

for the soft subs version of drift SS: http://rapidshare.com/users/IBQZWE

and drift 6 with soft subs: http://rapidshare.com/users/U87PQR

Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (Grunswald @ Today at 11:13 AM)
I've found the deinterlacing option and will look at the option in mkvtoolnix when i come back from holidays. I'm not quite a fan of mkv container as lots of people don't know how it works...

for the soft subs version of drift SS: http://rapidshare.com/users/IBQZWE

and drift 6 with soft subs: http://rapidshare.com/users/U87PQR

If people would do the right thing and use CCCP instead of K-Lite or any other silly bloated buggy codec pack (hint hint) there wouldn't be a problem. As far as I'm aware, Mac users can play nice with MKVs thanks to VLC Media Player, and I believe VLC is available on Linux as well (along with a slew of other great players)?

There really shouldn't be an issue. It's a superior container to any of the other available choices.

Downloading the softsub now. A friend of mine let me copy his DVD of Special Stage, too. I won't do anything with that though, unless you want me to. Lemme know.

Thanks again!

EDIT: It's broken. The RARs extract and all, but it only has an AVI and SUB file. Where's the IDX file that goes with the SUB?
PMEmail Poster
Grunswald
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

i'am using k-lite and have absolutely no problem to watch mkv (don't have and never had any). It's just that lots of people are too lazy/dumb/afraid, pick your favorite one, to richt click on the video when playing and select the right subs and right dub (ok you can put the right ones as autoload, but that would not be cool). And for a long time it was not working directly on x360 and play3 (don't know if it works fine now...).

Anyway if you want to reenc drift ss, feel free to do it, if you want my rapidshare account to upload it (it will be finished soon) feel free to do it. Give us the link after smile.gif
Mr.K Z/28
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,243

i liked the street racer preview

This post has been edited by Mr.K Z/28 on Aug 6 2008, 12:35 PM
PMEmail Poster
pacific808racer
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 1,367

Wow You have a nice collection. I have to say I am impressed. I actually was gonna start a thread but I guess I will ask you instead. Do you happen to have the movie "Wangan Full Throttle"? I know the second one gets released later this month as well. I have tried looking all over the place for this movie including japanese torrent sites but came up with nothing.
PMEmail Poster
Sailor Enlil
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

The Wangan Jedi

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 997

Wow great collection there. In fact I've been looking all over the 'net for The Cannonball Run series for some time (I loved Cannonball Run II when it was shown on a TV special many years back and I was lucky to have videotaped it - the outtakes shown during the closing credits were just so funny to watch).
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll