Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

13 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.  Rate:  
> Hawaii racers
raven111
  Posted: Sep 30 2008, 01:10 AM
Quote Post

Valhallan Warbird

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE ("Go to Osaka" @ Yesterday @ 20:11-20:31)
Well we can make our own tournament. I'm sure we can host it at funs, but we just can't tell THEM about it. They might try and take a cut out of the winnings.

I say we have a double elimination 1v1 tournament. 32 player cap, although I highly doubt 32 players will come to play. So I'm guessing 16 will be a good number. $5-$7 entry fee. ALL entry fee goes to the winning pot. The pot will be divided for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 70%, 20% and 10% respectively. Since we have four machines, it should make the tournament decently fast.

As for deciding which courses will be played, I thought about having all courses with evey route in a bag and having players flip a coin to see who chooses. They will pick the course randomly in the bag. Then the course gets taken out of the bag so that it doesn't get repeated. If we don't have enough courses, then we can put the courses back in the bag and repeat. ALSO another rule for Osaka. For fairness, you can not go through the same route TWICE. You must go a different route everytime you make a loop. For example, when you first start, someone chooses the left route. When you make the loop back to that area again, you have to take the right route. Same for other places. I thought about this just for fairness.

One race. Winner goes winners bracket, loser goes loser bracket.

That's what I propose.
--------------------------
  • Me (Bambi)
  • Kona
  • Raven (Maybe)
  • JTB
  • PwRoN
  • DEVIL (That stink ass gorilla Ikaika)
  • Kipp
  • OAK (If we can get a hold of the team)
  • JFR (New team that came out)

That's who I see entering right now.

Just looking at the listings, and gotta ask "how many teams are there" as a general question (not tourney-related). Cuz I see how many (like koi, OAK, and JFR) and it just got me wondering.

Guess I'm in, if you mean me (by "Raven" - cuz there're are several cars with the name in different cap settings; for clarification, you're going by <WMMT car> or <WME user names>?)

As for the Osaka rules, bravo - I get sick of the "RTO Osaka Donut", having run it enough times I can see it behind my eyelids when I goto sleep.

This post has been edited by raven111 on Sep 30 2008, 01:21 AM
PMEmail Poster
imprezagc8
Posted: Sep 30 2008, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,409

one big question about the tournament. boost on or off?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kona Koffee
Posted: Oct 1 2008, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 2,810

thats a really good queston. i think it should be on becuz it eliminates the dirty ramming off the start. of course you gotta watch your back at the end.
PMEmail Poster
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 1 2008, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

i also think it should be boost on... but here is how i see it from both sides

boost on
pro - people will ram no matter what so the race seems a little more fair if boost is on.

con - you hit no walls and your opponent hits a lot of walls if boost was off you would be long gone by now.

boost off
pro - race is now all skill. whoever is the better racer will win end of disscussion

con - if you get rammed off the start the other person could just play it off as "i didn't ram you. you just got in my line"
if you go in between a car and the wall and crash that's your own fault
MonsterSupra
Posted: Oct 2 2008, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,245

why start hosting when the rules arent even fully set?

we(JFR) most likely arent going to join this tourny. its a bad set game.

personally i hate neko, or what ever the hell he calls himself. talks behind everyones back, then acts like he doesnt know why people are pissed when they find out. and he most likely just wants a cut of the money because he is a real stingy #$%&head. i know this true. and he is a definate liar. which is 100% true. he is kicked out of jfr just to tell whoever even talks to that dick.

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 2 2008, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (MonsterSupra @ Today at 8:26 AM)

are you talking about the fun factory one?

i thought that was on power sunday? it didn't even happen yet?
raven111
  Posted: Oct 2 2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Valhallan Warbird

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,534

QUOTE (MonsterSupra @ Today at 9:26 AM)

we(JFR) most likely arent going to join this tourny. its a bad set game.

personally i hate neko, or what ever the hell he calls himself. talks behind everyones back, then acts like he doesnt know why people are pissed when they find out. and he most likely just wants a cut of the money because he is a real stingy #$%&head. i know this true. and he is a definate liar. which is 100% true. he is kicked out of jfr just to tell whoever even talks to that dick.

Drop me from it - I got stuff to do, on top of hearing conflicting ops about this tourney.

MonsterSupra says one thing I know to be correct - if the "boost on/off" thing is still in debate, the rules aren't fully set. Maybe later, especially when the ground rules are finalized.

QUOTE (imprezagc8)
are you talking about the fun factory one?
I thought that was on power sunday? it didn't even happen yet?

That was a no-go - everyone was refusing to race. I did Story/Ghost Mode after the two battles I had because of that.
PMEmail Poster
"Go to Osak..
Posted: Oct 2 2008, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,526

@MonsterSupra:
I didnt say I was hosting a tournament. Well when I was making the rules it was just off the top of my head. I wasn't planning on making a tournament yet. I was simply just stating that we should make one independently and I thought that those were the type of rules we should have. That's why I PROPOSED a set of rules to see what you all think. I'm not just going out all over the place saying, "I'm making a tournament. Come join! Blah blah blah!" I want to be able to discuss this with all of you FIRST so that we can get everything straight.

As for boost. I would go for boost on. I think it's actually fair that way. I think it gets the whole issue of ramming out of the way because you do have boost. Ramming, although I myself do not like it, is part of the game. It's another skill that everyone has to deal with. Everyone can't expect for everyone to NOT ram. I know a lot of us in Pearlridge don't approve of ramming, but there are people like that out there and we just have to deal with it. Think of it this way:

If boost was off, then the rammers would have a HUGE advantage over us passive people. They're not just going to be nice and let us through. So if they ram us with boost off then it's most likely game over if they're skilled enough on that track. They would just blow it away. And don't say stuff like, "Well you should ram them back or avoid being rammed anyway," or something like that. That would mean that if we messed up OUR ram against THEM, then we would be left in the dust. If we tried to avoid being rammed, the only way to do it is to actually pass them or have them go ahead and try to pass them again... But then what if you don't have that chance? That means because you were being too nice, they've won the battle.

HOWEVER, if boost is on then it means that the rammers have to put more effort into the ramming that they do because we're just going to be going at it constantly thanks to the boost that we recieve. The rammers will not have an easy victory just by ramming the opponent once. It requires the same amount, if not then more, skill than boost off.

All the people in HK do it. And it makes sense.

This post has been edited by "Go to Osaka" on Oct 2 2008, 07:25 PM
PMEmail PosterAOL
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 2 2008, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

battling should be fun. if you want to be all serious then do a ta

that's just my opinion
"Go to Osak..
Posted: Oct 2 2008, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,526

Balndsanflks;

This post has been edited by "Go to Osaka" on Jan 11 2009, 11:45 AM
PMEmail PosterAOL
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 3 2008, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

i don't battle on wmmt3 anymore. i will only race if it is a 4 way battle happy.gif
Kona Koffee
Posted: Oct 4 2008, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

hey atleast you guyz get battles. i cant even pay someone to battle me. and the way things look, a 4 way battle would never happen anymore unless a group of friends were to play around.
PMEmail Poster
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 5 2008, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (Kona Koffee @ Yesterday at 2:34 PM)
hey atleast you guyz get battles. i cant even pay someone to battle me. and the way things look, a 4 way battle would never happen anymore unless a group of friends were to play around.

the last time i got to battle was when the game first came out.
killahitman
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 3,259

HAWAII RACERS ATTN!!!

heres teh deal if u race mililani, im planning on tryin to make a one on one tourney in January (WOOT CHRISTMAS MONEY HAHAHAHA)

im gonna ask rudy if can

rocksteady rules right now here are the base smile.gif

1)boost on

2)no same card use (so u fawkerz cant borrow them hacker carz lol)

3)ramming is definitely allowed

4)profanity useage when losing is a BIG ASS NO NO!!

5)entry should be up in december...

entry roolz : one card to one person,
-if u bail, u loose ur money
-last minute rsvps will not garuntee spots.
-ipod useage is allowed, as long as u dont set the music to no bgm lol
-SPEND AT UR OWN RISK! (we wont be held accountable for lost games/ freebies)
-10 USD entry
-tournament pool will include 20 people
- team racers NOTE!! if u are paired, u have to race each other NO EXCEPTIONS

6)matchups will be determined on popularity, rank, and maybe your battle stars.

7)GLITCHING IS ABSOLUTEY NOT ALLOWED (for u singapore hackers hahahaha)

8) HAVE FUN (family oriented tourney)

9) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! [SIZE=7]NO SLAMMING/SLAPPING/KICKING/SHIFTING HARD/GATCHAING/ AND MOST DEFINITELY NO SPITTING ON THE MACHINES!!!! PRICKS THAT TAKE IT TO SERIOUSLY AND POUT WHEN THEY LOSE RUIN THE MACHINES!!! [/FONT]

this isnt official, im gonna try and plan it, ill let u peepz kno next time i go on! smile.gif

This post has been edited by killahitman on Oct 6 2008, 07:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
Kona Koffee
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

im sorry but i have no faith in tournaments up in mililani. given my past experience, im not up for a tourney. good luck though with the tourney.
PMEmail Poster
pacific808racer
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 1,367

glitching? lol. Well I have heard of JFR team since I think they station out of the Jungle Fun in Ala Moana. I would join the tourny even though I probably am no match for hardcore oahu racers but then again... I am in Hilo.
PMEmail Poster
killahitman
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

hehe yea

some singapore guys know what to do smile.gif eg: u can glitch the machine through some pillars on wangan or yoko lol

during battle, if everything is just right, they can go through the pillar smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
killahitman
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

QUOTE (Kona Koffee @ Yesterday at 9:45 PM)
im sorry but i have no faith in tournaments up in mililani. given my past experience, im not up for a tourney. good luck though with the tourney.

lol why? its one on one smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
pacific808racer
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

lol wow never heard of that glitch. We don't get many people playing mt3 here anymore cause they got tired of losing.

But yeah I saw JFR team this summer when I went to oahu with some friends. The team leader is like one of the managers there I think. He was impressed by my wangan eastbound time and how I shattered the record there. But I was pissed cause I accidentaly hit the inside wall one time and was like f*ck. Was like 7/10ths of a second off my best.

But when I was there 2 of the JFR guys were there but they were just foolin around.

Wish I went around to some of the better places where I heard there are some serious players.
PMEmail Poster
Kona Koffee
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

^
thats sux. and even if you went to the other places to play max tune, itd be rare if u run into the top tier guyz on this island cuz from what i hear, they are all inactive or hardly show up.

killahitman: the last tournament up there was 1 on 1. are you guyz running the tournament with the fun factory over there?
PMEmail Poster
imprezagc8
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

F**K max tune. play tekken 6!
pacific808racer
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

We are in hilo there is no tekken 6 yet. No more tekken 6 on the big island at all.

But yeah about half of our best are inactive including me. I play like once every 2 weeks. Still take the crowns easily and come back to find 1 out of my 5 missing. A few of us came out for our tourny about 4 weeks ago.
PMEmail Poster
TehWiseFool
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 03:04 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 3,802

hey-hey i live in hawaii i play wangan sometime when i go to pearlridge (i live in mililani) names Moe if you know me cools....
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kona Koffee
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

howzit. wats your card name?

impreza, screw that! play battle gear 4!

This post has been edited by Kona Koffee on Oct 9 2008, 12:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
TehWiseFool
Posted: Oct 9 2008, 01:38 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 3,802

hiace-Moe!?
Rx-8-Moe!!
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options 13 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll