Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> How to Play Wangan Midnight PS3 properly?
papaya
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,383

Am playing the story mode, can't really say i am good at this as i average B even when I still have 2 characters to finish. The car just change too quick not to say the power increases drastically after each race and each route is different making it really difficult to drive good. I've been playing safe by not going too fast.

I'm using Logitech G25 with 200deg setting.

Would like to know for playing on wheels, what's the best approach? Assist or Manual? Games like Gran Turismo i tend to use manuals but arcade games like Need For Speed I tend to use Auto where i need to pay attention to the roads.

I notice the auto transmission is pretty effective over here so would like to know all you guys do you use Assist or Manual when going for best time?

My problem with Manual is the downshift. I have no idea when or where i need to downshift. Does it depend on speed or rpm? Say if the car max is @ 8800rpm when should i downshift? With the car performance changing so quick it makes it harder.
PMEmail Poster
osaka-style
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 2,286

i use the g25 also...when downshifting you can downshift at any time just let off an brake slightly. to get a higher class you have to run the stage clean and as fast as possible
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jun 16 2009, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Got Pedometer?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 213

some stages are impossible to catch up without blowing the engine, any advice?
note: I'm stuck on the first supra stage (I think) in Akio and final stage of R32 Hiramoto of Blackbird

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Jun 16 2009, 10:35 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
papaya
Posted: Jun 18 2009, 03:24 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 5,383

QUOTE (osaka-style @ Jun 16 2009, 10:52 AM)
i use the g25 also...when downshifting you can downshift at any time just let off an brake slightly. to get a higher class you have to run the stage clean and as fast as possible

I know but what's the best to downshift? I mean i always downshift too much the speed goes down too much or too little that the rpm is too low.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll