Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

80 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.  Rate:  
> MAXIMUM TUNE TEAMS, topic about your team or other teams
Dicey
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 528

Didnt see a thread like this so I thought I would go ahead and start one for future purposes. If you have a team or want to join one post here. Recruiters are welcome to post as well. :lol:

So I guess Ill start first

Team 7 Nights of the Osaka HighWay
Leader: Right now undecided
Recruiting: Closed for the time being
Members that are on this Forum: Gaara, Dicey

and thats about basically it. We have more members on the team but im lazy too list them all. :ph34r2:
PMEmail Poster
dailomac
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Nor Cal's Finest..

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 382

Team: EVILSTAR
Location: Northern California, Southern California, Arizona, Texas
Leader: Wilson (EVIL*, S30 Blue)
Recruiting: Unknown Status..
Members: Too many to name but just find us on the IR.. we are everywhere..

This post has been edited by dailomac on Aug 22 2007, 11:51 AM
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

Hey guys It's me. Nice seeing you in Pomona the other day. I think I'm too slow to join you guys though. Look forward to racing against you guys again though.

I might be interested in aligning myself with a team. Seems like a fun way to socialize and play some friendly battling.
So teams, here's my info
Team: N/A (WANDERER)
Card information: JKai /The-J
Locations: Arcades in Northridge, Van Nuys, West Covina, and Pomona always at night due to my day job.
Recruiting: I am not officially a team or a team leader but I spend time teaching newbies (Not n008s... Newbies actually LEARN how to play) and I currently have two people training with me. I welcome new apprentices but since I work full time 6 days a week as a legal assistant I'm not really fit to lead a team.
Credentials: 110+ stars; 820 hp R32; A7 class; 12:31:996 metro circuit from MT2 (yes; I know I'm slow) 6500+km
PMEmail Poster
GAARA
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 527

7 Nights On/Of The(take your pick) Osaka Highway member GAARA here (w00t)

I'm the slowest member on the team B)
PMEmail Poster
Midnight Star
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

At my arcade there's not really much point for teams. No other teams to race, and people can't work together very well:P
PMEmail PosterMSN
Darky
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 325

ahh your wrong midnight star :P me and MAFIA made a team

Lol

TEAM MAFIA

ftw :P
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Teams are also good if you have no one to play against and you want to battle. Especially friendly battle when everyone else you play against is a complete jerk: when you win they say "hey that was unfair.. I ain't playing wit joo no moh" and sound like they want to fight you. When you lose they wave it in your face and say:" lol look at me I left handicap on and waited for you to be a km ahead then beat you by ramming you into trucks. I am superior to you in every way..." yeah.. battles are much better when people show each other a modicum of respect unless you like to show people how you're the better man by not stooping to trash talk when the race is already done.
PMEmail Poster
dailomac
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Nor Cal's Finest..

Member No.: 382

QUOTE (The J @ Today at 10:56 AM)
Teams are also good if you have no one to play against and you want to battle. Especially friendly battle when everyone else you play against is a complete jerk: when you win they say "hey that was unfair.. I ain't playing wit joo no moh" and sound like they want to fight you. When you lose they wave it in your face and say:" lol look at me I left handicap on and waited for you to be a km ahead then beat you by ramming you into trucks. I am superior to you in every way..." yeah.. battles are much better when people show each other a modicum of respect unless you like to show people how you're the better man by not stooping to trash talk when the race is already done.

dang man.. be more optimistic.. most ppl u meet arent like that.. theres a couple few.. being in a team.. its like to have a sense of pride and togetherness.. its freaking awesome when u and team mate battle another team.. i cant even describe the feeling..
PMEmail Poster
Project BCNR33
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 660

Jkai did u go to All Amusement on Van Nuys at the plant. U drive an R32 right? Cause I had to revenge u on the ghost mode cause u beat my ghost twice. My car was the R33 and named Drift. I revenged the times u beat me and I managed to beat u. :lol:
PMEmail Poster
Midnight Star
Posted: Aug 23 2007, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

@ Darky
I WANT IN LOL
PMEmail PosterMSN
ZeroG
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 12:46 AM
Quote Post

Drunken Monkey Racer

Member No.: 435

At my local we don't have teams that i know of. We just race and tune and race and tune all night and day. Most of us know eachother. The regulars anyway. Don't see a need for teams unless the guys from other arcades start a team and then we start one and go to the other arcades to race...? If that makes sense???

:ph34r2: :ph34r2: :ph34r2:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
devilash
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 03:09 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 662

Where I play (in Box Hill) most of the players are asian & although I don't think they have formal teams or anything, they stick their necks out for each other when racing me. I'm kind of in a team with my girlfriend, I need to look out for her. She's a noob(around 400HP) & started with an auto GT-R but I made her change it to a manual.

Teams can be highly annoying but can also look very cool. Even though I'm losing when this happens, it's quite amusing when three opponents block the road with their cars to not let me pass.
Midnight Star
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 03:11 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Yeah i haven't seen any girls playing manual yet... There's lots of girls who play at knox tho
PMEmail PosterMSN
devilash
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

there's WMMT at knox!?!?! OMFG. Lol I've played against a few asian girls and they all used manuals......I got my ass handed to me, it was quite funny.
The J
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Project BCNR33 @ Yesterday at 4:36 PM)
Jkai did u go to All Amusement on Van Nuys at the plant.  U drive an R32 right?  Cause I had to revenge u on the ghost mode cause u beat my ghost twice.  My car was the R33 and named Drift.  I revenged the times u beat me and I managed to beat u. :lol:

yes I went to all amusement. My ghost is there to re-re- revenge by the way cause I rematched you!! ;) I think until they drop price or get 4 machines I won't be back for a while because of $1.50 price tag.

Also in re to dailomac's response. I think I was just unlucky meeting people at the beginning of my max tune career. I race with much more cordial people and yes it is MUCH more fun when you've got a battle buddy.

In re to devilash; my gf plays mt Legacy.

This post has been edited by The J on Aug 24 2007, 07:23 AM
PMEmail Poster
Darky
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 325

QUOTE (devilash @ Today at 4:48 AM)
there's WMMT at knox!?!?! OMFG. Lol I've played against a few asian girls and they all used manuals......I got my ass handed to me, it was quite funny.

yeah dude of course there is lol

do you live close by?
PMEmail Poster
Project BCNR33
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Ahh man the J so know I will have to get u back.lol You know Westwood's WMMT3 machines are a dolllar to play one game.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Yeah but It's $1 buy in and .75 replay @ the Pomona area ones. I've just been going around challenging random ppls ghosts to battle so I can get a feel for the way other people play and incite rematches so I don't have to go the old boring Namco default ghosts for 1.5 tune

This post has been edited by The J on Aug 24 2007, 10:12 AM
PMEmail Poster
Dicey
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

wow your pretty dedicated to drive all the way to pomona bro. Crazy Man.!!! (w00t)
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Nah. Just a side effect of picking up my girlfriend every week from Cal Poly.... Although I have asked her if I could live in Pomona afer we get married so I don't have to travel far to get my MT fix.... XP
PMEmail Poster
Dicey
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

LoL Sir. Hopefully she will say yes to that question ;)
PMEmail Poster
Project BCNR33
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

lol. Rematched u today Jkai. I don't nee to revenge anyone anymore. (w00t)
PMEmail Poster
devilash
Posted: Aug 26 2007, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (Darky @ Aug 24 2007, 07:42 AM)
yeah dude of course there is lol

do you live close by?

I live in Seville but I hang out in civilization...like all the other kool people. I mainly play in the city and at Box hill, I really didn't know anywhere else in Melbourne had MT machines. Where abouts in Knox are they? 'Cos last time I went was a few months ago and Timezone didn't even have MT2. Or is it in Intencity?
BearZ
  Posted: Aug 26 2007, 02:01 AM
Quote Post

Oh! The BearZ!

Member No.: 243

@devilash

u are at melbourne? hmm ... i went to sydney for due to work and i played at Market City ...

i was like ... omfg ... the TA there was really lousy ... i jus played wishy washy and took their TA down jus for my R33 ... sigh ...

i dun mind going to US to play MT sometime ... since my home team is Public Enemy No 1 (PEN1) :lol:
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Midnight Star
Posted: Aug 26 2007, 02:23 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

QUOTE (devilash @ Today at 1:34 AM)
I live in Seville but I hang out in civilization...like all the other kool people. I mainly play in the city and at Box hill, I really didn't know anywhere else in Melbourne had MT machines. Where abouts in Knox are they? 'Cos last time I went was a few months ago and Timezone didn't even have MT2. Or is it in Intencity?

At Knox O-Zone there are 6 Maximum Tune 3 cabinets. Four are linked together and the other two are linked together too. I regularly visit Knox because I live like a five minute walk away from the Shopping centre. I know Darky also visits the arcade. Don't know of anyone else tho.
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options 80 Pages  1 2 3 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll