The stock fan won't, unless the stock rad is swapped in place of that Koyo unit. Trying to find an E-fan that fits and pushes the CFM I want is a pain.
ETA is around the same as Halflife 3. [ Post merged on Feb 26 2014, 10:01 AM ]
I don't know who this Hit guy is or where he keeps his road, though. [ Post merged on Feb 26 2014, 02:52 PM ]
So the "long version" of the story.
Last time I posted an image-heavy progress update, I was hinting at something. That hinting never really panned out, perhaps a consequence of my hubris. In essence, I lost focus and tried changing way too many things at once. I was running out of energy, and both the time and the money required to get the turbo motor back up and running. Since I had ripped everything else apart while the machine shop was taking their sweet time cleaning up my block, there were now all sorts of half-finished projects.
Rust control. Sunroof delete. Rewiring and fitting of 240z signal lights. Installing the CBR-XXX fuel filler. 240z dash refurbishment and fitting. Switch panel. All of these distractions gave me a lot of time to think, and my ADD got the better of me. I started becoming disenchanted with the L28ET, and the annoyances of Haltech. Lots of miscellany to wire, and a lot more componants to buy and wire to get the motor controlled and monitored the way I wanted.
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here
to view the image in its original dimension.
Now, I have three L6 motors in the garage, as well as a junk KA24DE. The siren song of eBay caught me by surprise one day, and I ended up with a matched set of Mikuni 40phh's, a manifold, and three unmatched 44's. I'm not going to mention the ridiculously STEAL price I got them at, because someone might be liable to murder me just so they can one-up my purchase. So, I decided, "f**k turbo, I'm gonna do a budget build NA with carbs." I sold a lot of my "non-essential" turbo shit, but not all of it.(IMG:http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/meat164colgs/IMG_6015_zps04592d18.jpg
In reality, it ended up being a pretty fail idea. I did all the machining at home, since one of my L6 blocks is still ridiculously close to factory spec (with xxx,xxx miles on it). Everything went extremely well; rebuilding the carbs, installing a 240z choke cable, the block cleaned up real nice, and I got a set of flat top pistons cleaned up and pressed in to match my old higher-comp N47. The exhaust was going to be a pain to remake with the Hooker Comp header I had from a swap meet, but not too bad. Shortblock balanced and assembled. Money depleted, just needed time.(IMG:http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/meat164colgs/IMG_9985_zps31952714.jpg
And time was getting short, because I had just a few months before I got married.
Then I checked the straightness of my N47 head again
, for piece of mind before I assembled it. It was warped like a banana, just beyond the max allowable tolerance. It was fine last time I thought, which must mean I f**ked up my mics last time. I have another E88 that needs some work, and a perfectly straight P90, but I didn't want to make a low-comp pig of a motor....
So that motor mothballed en medias res, I reinstalled the L28ET and tried in vain to make it the getaway vehicle for my wife and I. Nearly happened, but not quite. Even with all the shortcuts and compromises (which I HATE doing), it wasn't enough. Needed the time to get my morning coat tailored, and the money to finance the wedding. So, the Zed has been nearly untouched since early November.