Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> BMW vs. Nissan, The War
Oddmanout84
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,693

Yes, I'm making this thread to start a debate, argument, all-out brawl/war.

Some poor Honda thread got completely decimated by this recently, so I'm providing a space relevant to the topic, rather than continuing the cancer on the other thread. Please people, think of the poor Hondas. And the orphans. And the cookies that were meant for the orphans, but you ate them because they were oh so sweet...

Hopefully we can get a more intelligent debate going here, but I don't care if it degrades into a mud-slinging contest. That's what the thread is here for. Personally, I've stated that I am a Nissan whore. Its true, I love my Nissans, and its not limited to the Z's. I like the fact that they are *generally* easier to work on, and for the most part, somewhat inexpensive. Sure its not US domestic inexpensive, but it usually beats out euro prices. I like their performance, their looks (once again, in general), and the durability of their engines. Hell, I drove my Z around for a few months with a cracked radiator, the engine overheated several times and it still runs well.

I also have a big soft spot for Bimmers. The refinement of their cars is without question, to the point of overengineering (the 7 series I drove a few months ago had auto-tilt rear view mirrors for backing up. Too much IMO) at some points. I have never sat or ridden in a BMW that I did not like, or did not feel like I was in an extremely well made vehicle. If I had it my way when I was 17, I would have made one my first car. The only thing that killed it was the stigma of the brand. My parents would not let me spend my money on ANY euro car besides a VW, regardless if I could afford it or not. That and my parents had some notion in their heads that RWD car=dead teenager. That certainly tells you something about the brand's reputation though. The BMW is a driver's car. Hey, if it turns out that I don't end up DDing my Z, I may still get a mid 90's 3 series sedan for a DD. That may even outperform my Z in its current state!

More fuel for the fire: Recently Edmunds did a side-by-side comparison of the 135i and the new 370Z. Everything was damn near even for both cars in terms of performance, until the skid pad. There the 370Z eeked out a victory and came out on top, as well as in price and value based on available options/etc.

I've said my piece for the time being, now its someone else's turn.

Aaaaand GO!

This post has been edited by Oddmanout84 on Feb 22 2009, 04:32 PM
PMEmail Poster
Force Fed Mopar
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 720

You can always combine the 2 :) like this:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/E30-M5-...0-m5_636452.htm
PMEmail Poster
rx-666
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,627

this is gay, of course nissan is better. :lol: i dont think there will be too much of a debate for. all a beamers good for to me is bagging chicks that are stupid to realize what a real car is.
PMEmail Poster
909*CT9A
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Evo Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,381

QUOTE (rx-666 @ 39 minutes ago)
this is gay, of course nissan is better. :lol: i dont think there will be too much of a debate for. all a beamers good for to me is bagging chicks that are stupid to realize what a real car is.

haha
YEP

next.
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Rx-666: Sounds like you have a lot of learning to do.

BMWs bag chicks because they can perform just as well as a nissan and have an interior that does not fall apart or feel like something out of a maxima.

Newer BMW's are much tougher to work from an enthusiast mechanic's POV.

Newer BMW's also have a much better warranty suited for performance.

BMWs also have a much bigger FUN factor. Thanks to them actually improving the performance of their straight 6 engines, manual gearboxes, rear wheel drive, and still leaving the driver in charge to the most extent.

Actually both BMW's and Nissans are quite a pain in the ass from many perspectives. Just some have a few more evils here and there.

It's a tie.

This post has been edited by BmwNeoType on Feb 22 2009, 11:31 PM
HeeroYuy135
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Sactown's Finest BNR34

Member No.: 3,216

QUOTE (Force Fed Mopar @ 6 hours ago)
You can always combine the 2 :) like this:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/E30-M5-...0-m5_636452.htm

Holy crap :blink:
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
S12 Drifter
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

Member No.: 2,996

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ Today, 2:29 AM)
Rx-666: Sounds like you have a lot of learning to do.

BMWs bag chicks because they can perform just as well as a nissan and have an interior that does not fall apart or feel like something out of a maxima.

Newer BMW's are much tougher to work from an enthusiast mechanic's POV.

Newer BMW's also have a much better warranty suited for performance.

BMWs also have a much bigger FUN factor. Thanks to them actually improving the performance of their straight 6 engines, manual gearboxes, rear wheel drive, and still leaving the driver in charge to the most extent.

Actually both BMW's and Nissans are quite a pain in the ass from many perspectives. Just some have a few more evils here and there.

It's a tie.

agreed. however I'm going to say yes and no.

newer cars in general well nissans and bmw's in this case, don't last as long as the 80's or 90's BMW's. newer ones would last 5 years maybe 10 or until the warrenty runs out and then they fall apart.

I'm gonna say Nissans have a more durable inside. my S12 intior looked mint factory after 25 years. my first Z's intior was spot less. and my 85 turbo Z's initior looked like it just came off the show room floor after like 27 years.

i like the 90's, 80's, and 70's body on the BMW's i LOVE the body on the BMW 2002 (car not year 197X i think)

however both cars can last just as long it all depends on how they are taken care of. if they've been mistreated and beat down i think the BMW would break down more. but both can last a VERY VERY long time if they have been cared for and kept up to date and looked after.

in general it's a iffy topic for me. i like both.

I've heard of nissan engine's going up to 400,000 miles with only 1 major rebuild. don't know about BMW so, I'm not gonna answer a for a bmw.

I like the fact that BMW has kept their inline 6 engines unlike nissan which has thrown them all away and gone with V's.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
rx-666
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,627

first of all, i was 1/2 joking

second, girls see dollar signs they dont give a crap how fast it is

PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Thats fine with me, infact i like it that way. :lol:

One night stands ftmfw.

BNR34NISMO
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 871

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ 7 hours ago)
Thats fine with me, infact i like it that way.  :lol:

One night stands ftmfw.

hell yea! lol just hope the fish isnt expired or rotten if you know what i mean ;)

on topic: i think i remember seein the Z33 vs E46 M3, if im not mistaken, i saw it on some magazine, and i was like :lol: are you serious? E46 M3 CLEARLY wins imo

This post has been edited by BNR34NISMO on Feb 23 2009, 07:48 PM
PMEmail Poster
MarcusFalden
Posted: Feb 25 2009, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 1,551

from a tuning point nissan might be easier and cheaper then BMW but from everything else a Bimmer is first class end of story.

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
VolkChaser
Posted: Feb 25 2009, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 689

I've puttered around my local Craigslist FS ads looking at various first cars, and bang for buck late 80's-early 90's BMW's are worth SO much more in fun factor compared to same age Nissans. Sure I could get an R32 Skyline GTS, but for half the average price of 7k, I found numerous 535i's with respectable mods.

However, if it boiled down to modern costs, someone get me a Versa, or Cube when it comes out in Canada.
PMEmail Poster
GetMePower
Posted: Mar 4 2009, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,908

Let's compare with the 807PS RB30DETT '76 Fairlady Z against the 591PS S62B50 V8 M3 E46 CSL. What are your opinions on this one?

This post has been edited by GetMePower on Mar 4 2009, 11:23 PM

--------------------
This account has been suspended indefinitely.

- The Moderating Team
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 05:31 AM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Member No.: 3,693

QUOTE (VolkChaser @ Feb 25 2009, 07:37 PM)
However, if it boiled down to modern costs, someone get me a Versa, or Cube when it comes out in Canada.

Eww.... Sorry, but I'm not going stand behind those Nissans...
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (GetMePower @ 7 hours, 11 minutes ago)
Let's compare with the 807PS RB30DETT '76 Fairlady Z against the 591PS S62B50 V8 M3 E46 CSL. What are your opinions on this one?

Apples and oranges?

Which Z had an 800 hp OEM RB30DETT? RB30s were all naturally aspirated for the most part or diesels.

If talking about modified, a more fair fight is the 800 hp Z vs the Turbo E46 M3 from Horsepower freaks that pushes around 1100 whp. That's a fair fight.

;)
GetMePower
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ 8 hours, 35 minutes ago)
Apples and oranges?

Which Z had an 800 hp OEM RB30DETT? RB30s were all naturally aspirated for the most part or diesels.

If talking about modified, a more fair fight is the 800 hp Z vs the Turbo E46 M3 from Horsepower freaks that pushes around 1100 whp. That's a fair fight.

;)

The RB30DETT is the RB26DETT with the RB30 kit from OS Giken and yes, it is modified. The real RB30s are naturally aspirated while the RB30DETT is not produced by Nissan. The S62B50 V8 M3 E46 CSL is supercharged or twin supercharged. Maybe it would push around 591PS to 811PS. Yeah, I forgot to give you more details on that.

--------------------

- The Moderating Team
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

The E46 M3 GTR has a naturally aspirated V8.

The E46 M3 CSL has a Straight 6 that makes around 360~ horsepower.

The OS Kit for the RB is only a longblock, so you can run it turbocharged, N/A or whatever.

These figures are in stock form. A boosted E46 M3 motor can push up to 1100 hp, so can the RB30 in either single or twin turbo form.

Pick your poison, both are lethal.
SouthSideSlider
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 3,439

i would pick the 2JZ-GTE or B6304FT over either the M3 CSL motor or the RB30DETT but out of a nissan Skyline vs a M3 i would choose the M3 its simply a higher class car
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Mikey
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 3,253

EDM>JDM

I don't think there was ever a competition. BMW have always been a class higher than all JDM manufacturers.
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

BMW engines power formula 1 cars and Mclaren F1 LMs.

GetMePower
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

@BMWNeoType

I also forgot to mention that S62B50 is swapped into the M3 E46, so yeah, both of them sound lethal. In that comparison, I'm going to say it depends on the driver on the zero-yon run.

This post has been edited by GetMePower on Mar 5 2009, 11:45 PM

--------------------

- The Moderating Team
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

Member No.: 2,996

time to take the heavy hitters out.

nissan has

TB48DE (4.8liter 6 cylinder inline, still fairly new engine though)
VR37DETT
VH45DE
Y40

oh look a 1,400hp RB26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_cxUbsqGI

oh and lets not forget that they've made a 1,000hp KA24DET A 4 CYLINDER ENGINE!

GT-R V.S M5 yup i know who's better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQNAJp4bKPM

anf just for sh!ts and giggles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emUEcw4Uk-Q&feature=related

BTW everyone knows F1 engines and indy engines are torqueless ;)

This post has been edited by S12 Drifter on Mar 6 2009, 06:00 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
peemyTNBow
Posted: Mar 6 2009, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

That's funny.... where was Nissan when BMW made a turbo 1.8L F1 engine that made 1200 bhp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMZhbRfOAOY (1400 hp BMW Twin Turbo BMW).

Oh, and a BMW 6 cylinder does not crack between cylinders 3-4 and can take 1000 hp no problem without needing a "OH MY LORD FANCY SCHMANCY N1 or RRR Block".

And what was even funnier about the lambo link you posted was when they actually raced the cars around the racetrack, the lamborghini superleggera whooped the shit out of the R35.

Do you actually know anything about either engine or do you just go by what e-tuners tell you and just post links all day trying to prove something? I can post links all day too proving you wrong.

But to play your game:

3 words for you: McLaren F1 LM

You seem to have this device in your head that says : HEY LET'S SPURT OUT RANDOM DUMB BULLSHIT HERE.

PS: It's VR38DETT.

GetMePower
Posted: Mar 7 2009, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

Yes, how can I forget the British's fastest car powered by BMW even though the brand of the car is not BMW? The F1 LM does reach 362KPH with 689PS and 71.9kgf-m of torque. It's funny we debate all this.

--------------------

- The Moderating Team
PMEmail Poster
<MB>
Posted: Mar 7 2009, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Say what?!?!

Member No.: 2,677

I think it all boils down to what you prefer. When you drive a BMW you know you are driving a reliable car that does have the punch to make it worthy but a Nissan has always been trying to nip at the heels of BMW's and done a great job at it.

Plus give me all the European styling you want but if you take some of the s30 range of the z's moving into the Silvia's i think you have just stumbled upon some of the greatest looking cars around.

Also Nissan's are a lot easier under the hood and you feel like modifications are easier and more personalized, instead of messing with the finely tuned, knife edge precision of the BMW's.

All in all I'm a Nissan man but BMW's are close runners up. And thats my $0.02 for what its worth to people ;)
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll