> Reyherks style spam, ignore them
The J
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

There have been several reyherks style spammers recently. The best way to deal with them is report them once and only once. Then ignore them completely. This way we can remove their posts and not have clutter of phantom responses as well as prevents thread crapping an otherwise viable thread. I'm sure Yeti* will probably spam this post in a bit. I gotta take a train home from work so be responsible and just ignore it. The admin team will take care of it tonight.

J
PMEmail Poster
E86
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Thanks to the Mod Team, we were able to deal with the issue swiftly. I apologize for not being here when it happened. As a result, I've upgrade the Mod Panel to assist the Mods to deal with such issues in the future.

Thank you once again, J. Nomake let me know you were trying to contact me. That was very responsible of you. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Geo
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

I think to deal with this, we might have to expand the Moderation team a bit more. There are commonly situations where shit goes down but no Admins or Mods are on, and it continues for quite a while until someone eventually jumps on and takes it all away.

Maybe, Perry, start introducing Global Mods like IDW?
PMEmail PosterMSN
E86
Posted: Mar 11 2009, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Geo @ 49 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
Maybe, Perry, start introducing Global Mods like IDW?

That may very well be my next step. I am trying my best not to overstaff the forums, because I've seen first hand how that can turn a forums into a very political environment (IDW) One of the side effects of overstaffing is power abuse and increased conflicts between Mods and the members.

I really like how it is right now where the line between Mods and members is blurred enough so it's like the Mods are moderating the members as well as themselves. Distributing more powers to more people might lead to the breakdown of current balance in the forums.

You do have a point that Mods are not on 24/7 and there needs to be some sort of expansion on the Mod team to deal with the issue at hand. Which is why I am planning to roll out the User Rating System. It will be similar to the Topics Rating System except it'll be on members. I have not final any of the details yet because as some of you worry, it can easily lead to abuse and as Protoman described, a survivor scenario on a larger scale.

Rest assured that the issue at hand is being carefully considered. I will keep you guys posted.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll