Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules
Please read these rules before starting topics :
  • You should provide the Name, Route, Direction, Car, HP, Time and any appropriate supplemental info for each video posted in this section.
  • It would be best if the file(s) are hosted on a permanent paid host.
  • If you don't have access to paid host, we recommend you using free hosts such as MegaUpload, YouSendIt, RapidShare, Putfile ... etc.
  • If you are looking for a free host for videos, please check out this thread - http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showtopic=28742
  • You are encouraged to use our youtube tags. You must have more than 50 posts or have been a member for 6 months to use it.

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Hakone TA 4'45"355 Help
Kungfool
Posted: May 30 2009, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Ladies and gentlemen. . . . FIVE ACES !!! XD

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,223

hakone is not only abt making the turn, but also positioning your car nicely for the next turn coming up...just like a good snooker player...

and that is my weakness too...and can only be rectified with more time on the map aka more practice XD

This post has been edited by Kungfool on May 30 2009, 09:16 PM
PM
Waddles
Posted: May 31 2009, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,157

Thanks for all the tips guys! I've been thinking of different ways to doing the course while I was playing today. My fastest record was still a 4'45"355 but then today I brought it down to a 4'41"xxx. Thanks for everyone's help and I will still work on making it faster =]
PMEmail Poster
Dare
Posted: May 31 2009, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

if you stop the crashing you'll bring it down, no questions asked.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Waddles
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Haha yeah, that always increases times. I'm also learning how to take the red turns better cuz I used to take them all very poorly but in the.... 2nd section, the 2nd red turn after the yellow s turns I still have a hard time getting consistent.
PMEmail Poster
ken_r34
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 01:06 AM
Quote Post

The R32 Ace Drummer

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 1,884

the red s-turn?

lol there are those red markers on the road(sumthing like those you see in ID3 in Myogi), use them to your advantage. ;D
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
EnyCe
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Hit planes, not people

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,752

How I learned Hakone was through ghost battles. Pick on mix/taro for a couple weeks and look at the advantage. The more advantage you get, the better your turns are.For it to be a good time, your advantage should be roughly 1.2k+ ( both outbound and inbound) Practise at 740HP for now, don't push it to 760HP so fast, take time to learn the map first. Then when you're confident enough, go for to 760.

[ Post merged on Jun 1 2009, 06:55 AM ]
QUOTE (ken_r34 @ 5 hours, 49 minutes ago)
the red s-turn?

lol there are those red markers on the road(sumthing like those you see in ID3 in Myogi), use them to your advantage. ;D

Those actually slow down the car in ID, in MT it does nothing LOL!
PMMSN
Waddles
Posted: Jun 1 2009, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

QUOTE (ken_r34 @ 9 hours, 18 minutes ago)
the red s-turn?

No no no, not the red s-turns in 1st section, the 2nd red turn in the 2nd section. It's right after the yellow s-turns. Small hill and then the red turn hits.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll