• Thread Rating: votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Future of the forum
Xago
Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,736

So I've been looking at older threads and it was fun to see the evolution since MT1. Are there any plans for the future of this forum? I've noticed that the account balance is negative to pay for the servers so how are you guys managing it? I personally would like this forum to stay till all WMMT they decide to release.

Also where did 90% of the people go? It feels so deserted around here.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 17 2017, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (Xago @ Today, 5:39 AM)
So I've been looking at older threads and it was fun to see the evolution since MT1. Are there any plans for the future of this forum? I've noticed that the account balance is negative to pay for the servers so how are you guys managing it? I personally would like this forum to stay till all WMMT they decide to release.

well it's run by the same admin as the initial d world forums, i guess if they're getting donations too it'll go towards the cost for both. i don't think it's going anywhere and im sure if there was a big problem they could use crowdfunding or something.

90% of which people, you only joined like a month ago?

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jun 17 2017, 04:16 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Xago
Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:30 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 7 hours, 14 minutes ago)
well it's run by the same admin as the initial d world forums, i guess if they're getting donations too it'll go towards the cost for both. i don't think it's going anywhere and im sure if there was a big problem they could use crowdfunding or something.

90% of which people, you only joined like a month ago?

You can see at the bottom of the page the number of daily users, which is around 40 something, compared to the 7000+ people registered, so the fact that I joined a month ago is not relevant to what's happening here.
PMEmail Poster
Safyire
Posted: Jun 18 2017, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 10,719

QUOTE (Xago @ 40 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
You can see at the bottom of the page the number of daily users, which is around 40 something, compared to the 7000+ people registered, so the fact that I joined a month ago is not relevant to what's happening here.

I'm also fairly new here but this forum is pretty old, you can see posts from 2007. People come and go.

This post has been edited by Safyire on Jun 18 2017, 12:13 AM
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Jun 18 2017, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 9,078

A lot of the people who joined since the early days of the forum are no longer active.

I believe they all moved on. I wished I could have chatted with the old timers from the SG thread....
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Jun 18 2017, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (Xago @ Yesterday, 3:30 PM)

not every single one of the 7000+ have been active in this forum at some point lmao

still though, everyone has moved on to Discord chat groups or Facebook user groups, BBCode forums like this one are pretty old fashioned stuff now
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dos4te
Posted: Jun 20 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 10,580

QUOTE (Xago @ Jun 18 2017, 03:39 AM)

imo the forum's alive mainly bcs of wmmt and forum veterans lurking in the off-topic section.
in the future, maybe even less users will be around.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 21 2017, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Xago @ Jun 18 2017, 05:30 PM)

what you need to take into account is (no idea if anyone has actual statistics but)

- the amount of people that joined and never posted
- the amount of people that joined, posted, found their answer and never posted again
- spambots or users that have been banned (assume it's still counted)

the fact mt3's been out since 2007 a lot of those players that played until dx or maybe dx+

stuff like facebook is more mainstream now for this sort of thing people usually don't bother with specific sites. i mentioned this site to a friend of mine who's been playing a few years and he'd never heard of it.

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jun 21 2017, 12:36 AM
BearZ
  Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Oh! The BearZ!

Member No.: 243

QUOTE (Safyire @ Jun 18 2017, 04:10 PM)
I'm also fairly new here but this forum is pretty old, you can see posts from 2007. People come and go.

2007 member here ... wazzup?

This forum is considered a bit slow since MT1 exploded earlier ... laugh.gif

HINT: Look at my joined date and my member no ... and the number just within a year *points to WRX22B1998 ... and u can see an explosion of members for the forum

Members like me comes on and off at times ... like the game ... its on and off for me ...
no longer play competitively but the muscle memories are doing fine still whenever i play though laugh.gif

This post has been edited by BearZ on Jul 4 2017, 07:15 AM
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Jul 4 2017, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 8,833

Actually, curious if site admins have any plans to HTTPS on everything?

Not everyone uses Discord / FB / etc no matter what the web trends want people to believe; forums have their place.
PMEmail Poster
Xago
Posted: Jul 5 2017, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

What surprises me most is the lack of feedback from admins but ok
PMEmail Poster
BearZ
  Posted: Jul 5 2017, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Oh! The BearZ!

Member No.: 243

what sort of feedback are u looking for?
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jul 6 2017, 02:31 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ Yesterday, 3:13 AM)
Actually, curious if site admins have any plans to HTTPS on everything?

Not everyone uses Discord / FB / etc no matter what the web trends want people to believe; forums have their place.

the forum is running on a 2003 version of IPB

i hope this answers your questions
E86
Posted: Jul 8 2017, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 2

Thanks for your feedback, Xago.

I do have plans to secure the connection for both Initial D World Forums and this forum. It's in the works. smile.gif
Xago
Posted: Jul 8 2017, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

QUOTE (E86 @ 2 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Thanks for your feedback, Xago.

I do have plans to secure the connection for both Initial D World Forums and this forum. It's in the works. smile.gif

Ok cool. Didn't want to come out rude or anything, was just curious on how things were going, but hope everything turns out well
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Jul 16 2017, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

Here the thing: if u can read Chinese, then your better off going to 2kfun instead (seriously no joke, we use to source infos from there and post them on here for non Chinese readers), as they seem to be a little bit for dedicated (I said this cuz they ppl in hk are still competitive in a way)

Another thing u need to take in to account is the fact that North America recently just been resurrected from the dead after more 5 years and they use to a be a power house in the game back in the OG days

California had like many threads and they were active in till namco gave up NA for a while, which gives ppl a reason to stop coming and post cuz it none them really play (plus they have most the members fb contact)

More fb groups pop up now as compare to back in the day (back in the mt3 days there was only 2 major mt3 groups and my group was one of them, both had lots of members)

Biggest reason is the fact that ppl stopped caring, like most of the members don't care about what they did or what happened when they played today

I'm still here but not as much as before and I been here since 08 (I think), I even found the WMEfourm team in order give us a free promo just so ppl would ask about our form (not sure about the success rate on ppl asking)

I do welcome OP to join our team and do hope u stick around since u only joined for a month but care so much about our forum (I really do)

I hope to see u around here more often and bring us another side of Macau (the non gambling side)
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll