> Mirai Nikki, Future Diary
Saint
Posted: Feb 8 2010, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,801

user posted image
High school 2nd year, Amano Yukiteru, is a boy who has problem making friends. He thinks of himself as a bystander and will always write down everything he sees in a cell phone diary. Tormented by solitude, Yukiteru began to imagine things like a friend called Deus Ex Machina who is apparently the Lord of Time & Space. Seeing Yukiteru's miserable state, Deus gives him a new ability; his diary will now record events that will happen in the near future. Yukiteru is then forced to participate in a game in which the winner will become Deus' successor.

Anime News Network

I just read this up to the latest chapter (49), and find it quite an interesting premise. 12 people, each with their own motivations, were given the power of prophecy and have to kill each other in a competition to become God. Although the plot could be improved a lot more to be more logical (characters' actions/reactions in fights), it's pretty nice overall.

The manga is currently near ending with last three standing and some twists. There are another two side stories, Mirai Nikki: Mosaic and Mirai Nikki: Paradox, which I haven't read yet.

The main female character, Gasai Yuno, is probably the best example of yandere. XD
PMMSN
Paladinoras
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

Looks kinda creepy...

Is it like Death Note?
PMEmail Poster
Saint
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

I won't call it creepy, but yeah, it's kinda like Death Note + Liar Game, minus the intense battle of logics. The first chapters, especially, give the Death Note-ish feeling when the boy got his diary.

I happened to notice it when I was looking around in OneManga for 'psychological' genre manga. It ranks pretty good so I gave it a shot and I got hooked from the first chapter.

It took me quite a long time to reach chapter 49, because each chapter is about 40 pages. Coupled with my horrible Internet line, it was indeed a huge challenge (I read it online). Lol. But in the end I find it worth a read.
PMMSN
Paladinoras
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

49 chapters and 40 pages per chapter? Oh wow, it's rare to find something so incredibly plentiful.

Well, honestly, I prefer dramatic school life mangas, but this one looks kinda interesting, might as well give one chapter a shot.
PMEmail Poster
Saint
Posted: Mar 30 2010, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

Chapter 50 is out, gaiz. happy.gif It's such a long wait. pinch2.gif
PMMSN

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll