Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> Worlds Most Powerful GTR (R35)
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 01:26 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,359

As some of you may remember, I have mentioned a few times in the past that my roommate is Marc, the fabricator at Boost Logic.

Back in late November/Early December, he informed me that Boost Logic was going to be attempting to take the New GTR and hit 1000 Horse Power. (I've had a bunch of prototype manifold pics on my phone I've been trying so hard not to share XD)

Well, they've finally finished the first stage of upgrades.... On friday, 02/19/2010 they put it on the dyno... and already they're out in the lead.
823.39 HP
670.89 Torque

HERE IS THE DYNO VID
GTR Dyno Vid

user posted image

THIS IS ON A STOCK, FACTORY TRANSMISSION. I didnt believe it myself, I had to ask Marc twice to make sure I didnt have crazy things stuck in my ears.

From what I've been hearing, Stage 2 is going to involve a stroker motor, but I dont have all the details at this time, nor do I know if I'm allowed to share any additional information.
So far, I've been waiting for Zohair, the new owner of BL to release info about the car before I say anything. All the guys at BL are cool as shit, and I'd rather not piss them off by leaking any info I'm not supposed to.

Anyway, f**king awesome car. Enjoy the dyno vid. I'll try to keep you guys posted with updates.

[ Post merged on Feb 22 2010, 01:31 AM ]
As an added bonus, here's a vid of their "GTR640 Package"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQbmP2iW3s

This post has been edited by TexasDemonZ on Feb 22 2010, 01:33 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Geo
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

The dyno video made me jizz in my pants.
PMEmail PosterMSN
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 01:40 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Found the pics I was looking for:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

^From BL

v The pictures from my phone are a little too blurry to post, but wtf, I'll post em
(These were taken by me in December)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by TexasDemonZ on Feb 22 2010, 01:52 AM
peemyTNBow
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Definitely Impressive for sure, although maybe not the world's most powerful. A big fan of BL stuff.

Garage Saurus in Japan has already hit 830+ with upgraded TRUST/GREDDY turbochargers.

This post has been edited by BmwNeoType on Feb 22 2010, 02:24 AM
Oddmanout84
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,693

Sweet jeebus there's a lot of work in those custom manifolds... Nice.
PMEmail Poster
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ Today, 2:24 AM)
Definitely Impressive for sure, although maybe not the world's most powerful. A big fan of BL stuff.

Garage Saurus in Japan has already hit 830+ with upgraded TRUST/GREDDY turbochargers.

yeah, at the moment they're still a little shy. The goal is 1000+ and this is only stage one. Stock motor on this set up,
Stage 2 is going to involve a fully built stroker motor and a built tranny to match. So in the next month or so, they're gonna be making a lot more power and probably start breaking stuff.
Betrayal Jack Kn..
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,001

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ 8 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
yeah, at the moment they're still a little shy. The goal is 1000+ and this is only stage one. Stock motor on this set up,
Stage 2 is going to involve a fully built stroker motor and a built tranny to match. So in the next month or so, they're gonna be making a lot more power and probably start breaking stuff.

That's the fun part right? tongue.gif

Just curious, is Boost Logic still doing the whole Supra/2JZ thing? Their website was kinda off the last time I checked
PMEmail Poster
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Betrayal Jack Knife @ 17 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
That's the fun part right? tongue.gif

Just curious, is Boost Logic still doing the whole Supra/2JZ thing?  Their website was kinda off the last time I checked

Yeah, they haven't stopped doing that. They still have a 1600HP Supra, they've been working with some compound turbo (not twin turbo) kits, but it seems like they're either at, or near the ceiling of the possible power output on the 2jz with current technology.

They were working on some turbo kits for the Porches. And doing some custom work on some unusual cars, such as my friend Julian's Lancia Scorpion....

Most of their focus (from what I've seen) in the last 3-4 months has been on testing the limitations of the GTR since that's still mostly uncharted waters.

This post has been edited by TexasDemonZ on Feb 22 2010, 03:46 PM
Betrayal Jack Kn..
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ 3 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
Yeah, they haven't stopped doing that. They still have a 1600HP Supra, they've been working with some compound turbo (not twin turbo) kits, but it seems like they're either at, or near the ceiling of the possible power output on the 2jz with current technology.

Most of their focus (from what I've seen) in the last 3-4 months has been on testing the limitations of the GTR since that's still mostly uncharted waters.

Good to hear it, since everyone I know who knows their name knows them for only one reason. Just how big of a shop are they?
PMEmail Poster
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Betrayal Jack Knife @ 15 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
Good to hear it, since everyone I know who knows their name knows them for only one reason. Just how big of a shop are they?

That's sort of a difficult question to answer actually. The property actually houses two (technically 3, used to be 4) Companies.... I have to get to a Z Club meeting atm... I will attempt to explain, with pictures, if I can dig enough up, when I get back tonight.
GT3 RS
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,053

Thats one of the best sounds ive heard from a car.
Ever.
PM
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Betrayal Jack Knife @ 5 hours, 42 minutes ago)
Just how big of a shop are they?

Well as much as I would like to show you with pictures, and go into a lot of detail, I realized I dont have any pics of the buildings and only a few of the shop. All I've ever cared about was the cars....

So I'll put it simple.

There are two seperate buildings that together form basically an L shape with some space between. The main building is Elite Motorsports, Owned by S.W., who also happens to be the guy who drives Boost Logic. Elite Motorsports is a High end used exotic and classic car dealer with a really nicely stocked showroom.

The other building is Boost Logic, which is now owned by Zohair (Kean owned the place up until a few months ago). The building consists of the office, behind the office is the turbo kit/accessory area (basically a small store room). In the main garage there are 4 Lifts (always occupied with something crazy) 3 of the lifts are in a line, the 4th lift is off to the side near the fabrication and test fitting area. In the corner between the 3rd and 4th lifts is a room containing BL's Dyno. Behind the BL shop is a small lot where a few customer cars are parked.

Here's a few pics of the shop (trying to avoid posting any pics that might get me in trouble >.>):

First three bays
user posted image

Fourth bay
user posted image

TIG welding table
user posted image

Dyno room
user posted image

I intentionally chose pictures that did not show anything in development, entrances and exits, or anything or value (besides cars) to keep from getting myself in trouble, and I did not take these particular pictures, these were taken by a friend of Marc's.

There are a lot of really cool things you cant see in the pictures, and I'm sorry for not showing you more, but it's not my shop to show off.
GT3 RS
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Member No.: 5,053

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ 23 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
user posted image

Do you know what theyre doing to the Porsche on the right?
Like,what are they gonna do to it?
PM
Betrayal Jack Kn..
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 02:55 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ 5 hours, 6 minutes ago)
There are a lot of really cool things you cant see in the pictures, and I'm sorry for not showing you more, but it's not my shop to show off.

It's cool, just wanted to get an idea of what it was like, the fact there is a exotic shop nearby would explain some videos of SW in twin turbo Gallardos and things like that, it must be nice laugh.gif

Nice to see a shop doing well, the recession hasn't been kind to shops like these from what I hear, or the whole industry for that matter.

This post has been edited by Betrayal Jack Knife on Feb 23 2010, 02:56 AM
PMEmail Poster
Paladinoras
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

Wow, the GT-R is gonna be another monster car... Nice

Keep the pictures coming. happy.gif happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Feb 23 2010, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ Yesterday, 5:12 PM)
Do you know what theyre doing to the Porsche on the right?
Like,what are they gonna do to it?

It's funny how on a thread about what could be the world's most power GTR, you only care about some Porsche in the background of a picture. Pretty sure the GTR would rip most Porsche's.
PMEmail PosterMSN
tofu
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Because tofu lo.

Member No.: 285

stroking the VX eh...

stroked to 4.0L i suppose...??

nice welds on the manifolds!
PMEmail Poster
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Feb 25 2010, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (tofu @ 5 hours, 55 minutes ago)
stroking the VX eh...

stroked to 4.0L i suppose...??

nice welds on the manifolds!

I dont know what displacement they'll wind up with. I havent really talked with Marc or Zohair about the GTR in depth yet.

I know they're running a Halltech and in a short conversation I had today with Russel, at the moment they are having some trans-lockout issues thanks to the wonderfully designed transmission computer that freaks out if you mod the f'ing car at all.

As for the welds, yeah, Marc is insane at fabricating. (He even fabbed up some wall mounts for the projectors in our house out of acrylic) His TIG welding is beautiful, and he's very skilled at making intakes and exhaust systems flow as much as possible. He's actually made a few intake manifolds that maxed out a few flow benches when they were being tested. In other words, the flow bench itself was more restrictive than the intake manifold which is NUTS)

I still havent heard much about the progress on Stage 2 yet, been a little too bogged down with work at both jobs, but hopefully I'll have some time to stop by the shop again in the next few days.
As soon as I hear something I'll update yall
Thir13teen
Posted: Feb 27 2010, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 4,098

QUOTE (Geo @ Feb 23 2010, 11:36 PM)
It's funny how on a thread about what could be the world's most power GTR, you only care about some Porsche in the background of a picture. Pretty sure the GTR would rip most Porsche's.

Ladies and gents, WME's dickless wonder getting his ass OWNED again.
user posted image

Oh, and if there's a flat-out acceleration vid, I must see it to see the ATTESTA try an keep up.

This post has been edited by Thir13teen on Feb 27 2010, 08:16 AM
PMEmail Poster
Betrayal Jack Kn..
Posted: Feb 27 2010, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ Yesterday, 12:38 AM)
He's actually made a few intake manifolds that maxed out a few flow benches when they were being tested. In other words, the flow bench itself was more restrictive than the intake manifold which is NUTS)

Damn....that's all I say about that.

Is it possible to use a stand alone to control the trans functions in any way? Also do they run a full standalone or just use it to intercept various signals while leaving others alone. Basically I just want to know just how involved the computer is with the entire car, since it' suppose to be a complete b*tch to do anything with.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Mar 1 2010, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,055

You got to break stuff to know the limits.

If this is only stage one, then I wonder how much power Stage 2 with make on better internals and a built transmission.

What turbos were Boost Logic using?
PMEmail Poster
TexasDemonZ
Posted: Mar 2 2010, 11:48 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Geo @ Feb 23 2010, 11:36 PM)

Well...... Actually that Porsche is nothing to laugh at. The kit the are selling for that model puts it 760BHP on pump gas.

It's owned by Justin of Tuning Concepts, who does all the Tuning work for Boost Logic. After they perfected the production kit, they played with it some, and hit 850WHP at 26psi.

That would actually be a pretty decent race.

QUOTE (Betrayal Jack )
Is it possible to use a stand alone to control the trans functions in any way? Also do they run a full standalone or just use it to intercept various signals while leaving others alone. Basically I just want to know just how involved the computer is with the entire car, since it' suppose to be a complete b*tch to do anything with.

To be honest with you, electronics are not my thing, so I dont have a good answer for you there, but I do know that the transmission computer is still stock and un-molested. HOWEVER, my understanding is that they have something cooked up for the ECU and TCM that will work for stage 2, but so far I cant get any details on that.

QUOTE (HateSkylines )

You got to break stuff to know the limits.

If this is only stage one, then I wonder how much power Stage 2 with make on better internals and a built transmission.

What turbos were Boost Logic using?

Two Presicion HP Technology 5857s with E covers

I was at BL late Saturday night, they were busy as hell with other projects. I wound up spending time working on Chad's Jeep Cherokee, he was replacing the stock motor. He's thinking of doing an interesting swap in that one, and hopefully I'll have a chance to lend him an extra set of hands when it gets under way.

Marc was making his newest crazy horizontal intercooler/V mount radiator in preparation for the new, more powerful built motor he's dropping in his car.... and the other guys were working on some suspension upgrades on a Mustang GT.

I was hoping to find out when they were starting on Stage 2 for the GTR, but it seems Zohair hasn't really said anything to anyone yet.
From what Marc had told me a few days before, I think the plan is to see if they can hold the 800whp reliably, and figure out the weak points in the car.

Again, if I hear anything of interest, I'll be sure to update yall.

This post has been edited by TexasDemonZ on Mar 2 2010, 11:50 PM
Geo
Posted: Mar 3 2010, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ 21 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
I was hoping to find out when they were starting on Stage 2 for the GTR, but it seems Zohair hasn't really said anything to anyone yet.
From what Marc had told me a few days before, I think the plan is to see if they can hold the 800whp reliably, and figure out the weak points in the car.

Isn't one of the major weak points of the GTR is working around the ECU? Or have they already dealt with that?
PMEmail PosterMSN
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 3 2010, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (Geo @ Today, 1:09 AM)
Isn't one of the major weak points of the GTR is working around the ECU? Or have they already dealt with that?

ROFL @ thinking something is unhackable. It was taken care of a while ago, dude. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Mar 3 2010, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,055

QUOTE (TexasDemonZ @ Today, 3:48 AM)
Two Presicion HP Technology 5857s with E covers

Thanks, unfortinately Im more of a Greddy/Trust and Garrett guy (More like Honeywell now) so I dont know what all of them are equivelent to.

Looks like there is always more to learn.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll