Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules
Please read these rules before starting topics :
  • You should provide the Name, Route, Direction, Car, HP, Time and any appropriate supplemental info for each video posted in this section.
  • It would be best if the file(s) are hosted on a permanent paid host.
  • If you don't have access to paid host, we recommend you using free hosts such as MegaUpload, YouSendIt, RapidShare, Putfile ... etc.
  • If you are looking for a free host for videos, please check out this thread - http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showtopic=28742
  • You are encouraged to use our youtube tags. You must have more than 50 posts or have been a member for 6 months to use it.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> My R35 In VS Action
Sailor Enlil
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

The Wangan Jedi

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 997

A few vs Battles I played using my R35. The first two involve me against BOE18 in his Impreza (the father of TJPC and KEGAN in a previously posted video) at Fukuoka. The kids join in the third video with their respective cars at Yokohane.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OG0jppstoc )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAE5Z-3Pd2M )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKs1LeQmPM4 )
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kenzz
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

i wanan b da berry best

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,492

You should try challenging hakosukas/ old skyline-gtr, ya know...

Could be a challenge... you never know... =D
PM
Sailor Enlil
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

The Wangan Jedi

QUOTE (KENZZ @ 2 hours, 7 minutes ago)
You should try challenging hakosukas/ old skyline-gtr, ya know...

Could be a challenge... you never know... =D

Who's that?
im a noob
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,785

QUOTE (Sailor Enlil @ 30 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
Who's that?

LOLd
PMEmail Poster
velfarre☆2000
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Request Sex - PM Mods

Member No.: 6,472

QUOTE (Sailor Enlil @ 1 hour, 37 minutes ago)
Who's that?

i think what kennz is trying to say is that you should challenge a hakosuka (aka, old school gtr's, KPGC110) and see if it would be a challenge.
PMEmail Poster
Sailor Enlil
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

The Wangan Jedi

QUOTE (velfarre☆2000 @ 9 hours, 28 minutes ago)
hakosuka (aka, old school gtr's, KPGC110)

First time I've ever heard of that
Paladinoras
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

QUOTE (Sailor Enlil @ 1 hour, 29 minutes ago)
First time I've ever heard of that

It's apparently because hako is a box, and the old Skyline is indeed boxy.

The Suka comes from the katakana way of writing Skyline, which is Sukairainu.

Therefore, hakosuka, or the boxy Skylline. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

These battles.. to be honest, aren't very exciting. And you did all your outruns before bothering with anything else? I'm sure you money could be put to better use by actually making more fun battles.
PMEmail PosterMSN
blackcyborg009
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,814

I'd like to say my piece on this if I may

No form of disrespect intended but:

1) Him doing outruns before bothering with anything else
Well personally I don't see what's wrong with that. It's his money and time and effort that exerted and done by himself after all. It's not like he asked someone else to do all of this for his car. In fact, I visit Timezone Megamall at least once a week and I see him play there so it's all his effort used.

Besides, I mean, why should we criticise on how others want to spend their time, money and effort on this game?

2) More fun battles(?)
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to skill or technicality or player capability? If I may ask, what do you mean by that?

However Geo, if you're referring to any notion that the videos that he posted failed to achieve a certain standard...........well, I think that's where I'd have to disagree with you I'm afraid.

I have battled with him (or rather them) quite a few times........even during the DX era here. I also saw these videos and while I can say that he did make some mistakes, I can still say that skill-wise or in terms of player capability, he can do quite well or decently.

With that said, I'm not defending him or anyone at all. All I'm saying is that I don't see anything wrong with what he did by posting his vid.

It's either a person likes it or not (or maybe somewhere in between). If you like it, okay. If you don't like it, that's all right (your opinion is respected in that regard).

Still, if you're saying that he shouldn't have posted the video in the first place because it fails to achieve a certain standard, then that's where I would have to disagree with you I'm afraid.

That and I don't think it's a crime (or even a violation of forum rules to a more extreme extent) to post a vid like this in the first place, am I right? If he did not do anything wrong, then I don't see why he should get the flak for something like this.

Anyways, just saying. Peace out smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Well, think of it in this manner, what's the point of posting a video if there's nothing really fresh about it? If everyone just posted up a video of battle, imagine how many KENZZ there would be out there flooding Youtube with their stuff? If you're going to create a thread for some battle videos, at least post content which has something different, not just your everyday generic battle. And there wasn't much effort to actually keep each other off so I consider that a real downpoint in a battle when no one really seems like they're trying.

As for the outrun bit, it's just rare to seem someone in this part of the world (Australia) who actually spent money to complete outruns first before getting a good amount of stars. 99% of people who do that are absolute complete noobs (again, speaking from Australia).
PMEmail PosterMSN
blackcyborg009
Posted: Apr 17 2010, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Geo)
Well, think of it in this manner, what's the point of posting a video if there's nothing really fresh about it? If everyone just posted up a video of battle, imagine how many KENZZ there would be out there flooding Youtube with their stuff? If you're going to create a thread for some battle videos, at least post content which has something different, not just your everyday generic battle. And there wasn't much effort to actually keep each other off so I consider that a real downpoint in a battle when no one really seems like they're trying.

Hmm........for me, maybe it's 50:50 (both yes and no)

Yes:
Well, you may have some point in that they may have made their mistakes as seen in the vids. That and I may somewhat agree with you regarding that yeah if this thread were to be filled with battle video of super-duper low quality (ala KENZZ level of playing with his crappy skill.........though in fairness to the guy, he asking help from your more experienced countrymen so he's trying to improve slowly-and-steadily)

No:
It could've been just a sample of demonstration of how MT battles are done in this Philippines (or in TZ Megamall to be more specific). Now, I wouldn't know if those three battles were done with an intention of playing for seriousness or just for fun and camaraderie between team mates (as they are part of Team Akuma Philippines).......or somewhere in between. All I can say is, in terms of skill, I can say that they were not lacking at all.

Still, if you are pointing out that it wasn't sufficient, well I'd still have to disagree with you there. Which goes back to the "KENZZ crap level of playing" (@ KENZZ sorry for using your name here). These battles were far from KENZZ quality and as you can see, they were better than that.

And besides, is it crime or even a forum violation if his vid doesn't meet your standards or the standards of the majority or the elite?

Personally, I'm afraid to say this but, I still feel that there is a very strong sense of "ELITISM" here in the forums (even here in the video resources forum) and personally, I believe that this should be minimized if not eradicated as much as possible.

With that, I *may* perhaps be speaking for my fellow countrymen regarding this but I do hope you understand where I'm coming from or what I'm saying here (in regards to this). smile.gif

QUOTE (Geo)
As for the outrun bit, it's just rare to seem someone in this part of the world (Australia) who actually spent money to complete outruns first before getting a good amount of stars. 99% of people who do that are absolute complete noobs (again, speaking from Australia).

As for this, well I understand. How much is a game of DX+ over there? 2 Australian dollars? If so, then I fully understand now what you meant by that (1 AUD = 41 pesos yikes really steep sad.gif )

PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Lolyeah, let's just settle with, Kennz is f**king shit.
PMEmail PosterMSN
blackcyborg009
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Geo @ 6 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
Lolyeah, let's just settle with, Kennz is f**king shit.

Lolz laugh.gif

Though I dunno if it's alright to even discuss about him here in the open (or is it? unsure.gif)
PMEmail Poster
CNR4806
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,500

I see that you're bumping into traffic cars and walls quite often. Not getting used to the car's fat body, I suppose? laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Paladinoras
Posted: Apr 18 2010, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

QUOTE (blackcyborg009 @ 8 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Lolz laugh.gif

Though I dunno if it's alright to even discuss about him here in the open (or is it? unsure.gif)

You can always use the excuse the Mod started it. w00t2.gif w00t2.gif

Just kidding guys.
PMEmail Poster
Sailor Enlil
Posted: Apr 19 2010, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

The Wangan Jedi

QUOTE (Geo @ Apr 18 2010, 03:35 PM)

Well like blackycyborg009 implied, I sense some kind of Elitism here. Which is kind of disappointing considering the real purpose of a video game, which is fun and enjoyment. If I would drive races for the sake of pure skill, I'd rather do it in a real professional sport like in Karting, not an arcade game.

QUOTE (Geo @ Apr 18 2010, 03:35 PM)

Well to each his own, but for some of us, Outrun points are considered like badges (just like the Dressup parts in Ghost Battle). And Outrun Level 10 for me is like the "trial by fire" for each car I make, and this was especially true with Fukuoka, which proved to be the most challenging Level 10 10-Outrun course I've ever played (try it with the Subaru R2, I dare you).

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll