Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

194 Pages  « 176 177 178 179 180 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> Mazda Thread II: Ask anything about Mazdas, FD, FC, MS6, RX8, Cosmo, MX5
simonsiu2013
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,870

QUOTE (Spec-Vermillion @ Yesterday, 10:33 PM)
I have both models.

The Carla one is a Bathurst R, and I have a black Type R FD as well (Rogue).

once you have mentioned that laugh.gif

just another question, do you make your FDs the same setup, or slight different laugh.gif

[ Post merged on Nov 25 2013, 09:12 PM ]
QUOTE (Lonewolf @ Today, 12:40 AM)
Only have the Type R, it's all I need wub.gif
And it's black! happy.gif
Sure wish that the black color was the Spirit R though turned.gif
But I think it'd be more likely with silver sweatingbullets.gif

Spirit R, you mean this one laugh.gif

user posted image

however, as I understand, Type A Spirit R came with other colours of FD...I have see a white one
PMEmail Poster
Lonewolf
Posted: Nov 25 2013, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Le Hopeless Romantic Wolfie

Member No.: 8,252

YES THAT ONE!!! w00t2.gif

That is the reason why I have the GT-Ms on happy.gif

So much smex wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
simonsiu2013
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Lonewolf @ 7 hours, 2 minutes ago)
YES THAT ONE!!! w00t2.gif

That is the reason why I have the GT-Ms on happy.gif

So much smex wub.gif

that is my reason I picked Silver for my FD now laugh2.gif

anyway, Silver FD is not that common in HK laugh2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Spec-Vermillion
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Mysterion

Member No.: 8,905

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ 8 hours, 30 minutes ago)
once you have mentioned that laugh.gif

just another question, do you make your FDs the same setup, or slight different laugh.gif

[ Post merged on Nov 25 2013, 09:12 PM ]

Spirit R, you mean this one laugh.gif

user posted image

however, as I understand, Type A Spirit R came with other colours of FD...I have see a white one

Different. I'm not biased on what's the best setup, plus I'm making the Rogue FD in a special theme.. all black.
PMEmail Poster
simonsiu2013
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Spec-Vermillion @ 2 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Different. I'm not biased on what's the best setup, plus I'm making the Rogue FD in a special theme.. all black.

guessed so laugh2.gif but still glad to hear that laugh2.gif
PMEmail Poster
nicotam
Posted: Nov 26 2013, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Whatever...

Member No.: 8,717

I currently have an MX-5 which it's only BT'd (to those who don't know...it's at 600HP/Balanced)...ported from 3DX+ before the transfer shut-off specifically to get the special Maximum Tune title...

From what I've personally tried it's pretty nimble @ Hakone...very much on par with the Eight-six (at the same BT level)...but with much better speed...

So I'd like to know how's the MX-5 like FT'd...cause after my Starion project is complete my MX-5 is next in line to be built up...any opinions are greatly appreciated happy.gif

This post has been edited by nicotam on Nov 26 2013, 08:30 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
SOLUNCENCOR
Posted: Nov 30 2013, 02:59 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,338

Is RX-7 type R and RX-7 typeRbathrustR are different only color?
If its different for driving which one is better?
PMEmail Poster
Kenzz
Posted: Nov 30 2013, 03:13 AM
Quote Post

i wanan b da berry best

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,492

QUOTE (nicotam @ Nov 27 2013, 02:30 AM)
I currently have an MX-5 which it's only BT'd (to those who don't know...it's at 600HP/Balanced)...ported from 3DX+ before the transfer shut-off specifically to get the special Maximum Tune title...

From what I've personally tried it's pretty nimble @ Hakone...very much on par with the Eight-six (at the same BT level)...but with much better speed...

So I'd like to know how's the MX-5 like FT'd...cause after my Starion project is complete my MX-5 is next in line to be built up...any opinions are greatly appreciated happy.gif

You want my opinion? *warning, random post below*

SPOILER

Just kidding,
But seriously, I haven't seen anyone drove the MX5 In awhile...
I never tuned one. I wanted to but i never saw that car fit for a part in my series////

If the MX5 is just like the AE86 in your opinion, (BUT JUST A BIT FASTER) wouldn't make the AE86 characteristics useless?
I think you need more time to understand that car. Go ask Siege or something, he mains that car. He can help you if you ask him. He knows how to use it as far as I've remember vsing him against it.

But yeah, guess I'll get an MX5 down on the road later on....
No point tuning Tsubasa, might as well make a new character sidekick to my FD story......

MX5 is much faster and more grippier than the RX7FD or RX8, its a hakone beast TA monster back in the 3dx+ days... I could remember.

People used to bandwagon it.
Hope it helpz..

Kenzz

[ Post merged on Nov 30 2013, 03:16 AM ]
QUOTE (SOLUNCENCOR @ Today, 8:59 PM)

Just colour differences, nothing else much.
Unless you want the words Mazda RX-7 TYPE R BATHURST R
rather than RX7 TYPE R on your details.

Pretty much thats it. theres no credible evidence for performance difference. Its up to whoever themselves to decide if theres any differences in performance. (To me it does, but for Bathurts R, not so much) [Firm believer in dressup and cartype effects believer]

General Consensus answer: No. There's not effect, just go for whats right for you.
PM
RayoK
Posted: Nov 30 2013, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 8,136

QUOTE (SOLUNCENCOR @ 3 hours, 20 minutes ago)

only known official difference is bathrust is lower than type r, everything else is self discovery and speculation
PMEmail Poster
R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 9,577

err.....Sorry guys i'm really new in this forum , i want to ask you guys about Mazda FD3S (RX-7) , in my teritory (Indonesian) i rarely seen any FD , most ppl play RX-8 / Evos / skylines but rarely any FD but when i see internet OW DAMN why there's so many FD players in the world

SO i wanted to know WHY? people likes to play FD and WHAT? is the advantage of FD thanks laugh.gif grin2.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Antares
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

Member No.: 8,468

QUOTE (R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD @ 1 minute, 11 seconds ago)
err.....Sorry guys i'm really new in this forum , i want to ask you guys about Mazda FD3S (RX-7) , in my teritory (Indonesian) i rarely seen any FD , most ppl play RX-8 / Evos / skylines but rarely any FD but when i see internet OW DAMN why there's so many FD players in the world

SO i wanted to know WHY? people likes to play FD and WHAT? is the advantage of FD thanks laugh.gif grin2.gif

Great cornering, for one.
R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

and may i ask also what is the Certain SetUps mostly used to FD (dress ups) ?
Coz if i need to explore it from STOCK F**K.... i think i need a lot of time (and of course money sleep.gif) to explore a car that i have never driven before ^^

Thanks happy.gif

[ Post merged on Dec 13 2013, 03:40 PM ]
@Antares : any other advantages? smile.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Antares
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

Member No.: 8,468

QUOTE (R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD @ 11 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
and may i ask also what is the Certain SetUps mostly used to FD (dress ups) ?
Coz if i need to explore it from STOCK F**K.... i think i need a lot of time (and of course money sleep.gif) to explore a car that i have never driven before ^^

Thanks happy.gif

[ Post merged on Dec 13 2013, 03:40 PM ]
@Antares : any other advantages? smile.gif

Dress-up does nothing. You can put anything on that and it won't run any different.

Other advantages, it's a relatively small car so it won't have any problems fitting in to tight spots. It's a light car though so it'll probably be pushed around easily.
RayoK
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 04:39 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD @ Yesterday, 3:31 PM)

its the most balanced car in game in terms of weight distribution, ideal for ta
on corners, doesnt lose too much precious speed, good retaining of speed and good regaining of speed
considered lightweight and the smaller size, easy to control and drive
its a course car for some of most heavily played courses in the entire game

if it is about the best and/or fastest setting, you have come to the wrong forum
PMEmail Poster
simonsiu2013
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 05:37 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (RayoK @ 58 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
its the most balanced car in game in terms of weight distribution, ideal for ta
on corners, doesnt lose too much precious speed, good retaining of speed and good regaining of speed
considered lightweight and the smaller size, easy to control and drive
its a course car for some of most heavily played courses in the entire game

if it is about the best and/or fastest setting, you have come to the wrong forum

regardless pf a bodykit, the best way of using a FC / FD is to stay the way they are.....it is all too a personal thing to everyone of us

and it is all about how one use a car....that just all I can say happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
RayoK
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ 1 hour, 24 minutes ago)
regardless pf a bodykit, the best way of using a FC / FD is to stay the way they are.....it is all too a personal thing to everyone of us

and it is all about how one use a car....that just all I can say happy.gif

hmm maybe I should have quote his other post instead of putting everything in one post...
I would think this forum has matured alot compared to lots of other groups to the point whereby we know dressup does not affect performance and anything else would be "whatever rocks our boat"

I agree to how we use our car, personally i like mine with the full stock feel but in heavier weight and still looks fine smile.gif

This post has been edited by RayoK on Dec 14 2013, 07:02 AM
PMEmail Poster
simonsiu2013
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (RayoK @ Yesterday, 11:00 PM)
hmm maybe I should have quote his other post instead of putting everything in one post...
I would think this forum has matured alot compared to lots of other groups to the point whereby we know dressup does not affect performance and anything else would be "whatever rocks our boat"

I agree to how we use our car, personally i like mine with the full stock feel but in heavier weight and still looks fine smile.gif

sure enough, this forum is actually more matured, and those fellow can stick enough to the topic. Compare to some other local forum (in my area in particular)

since we somehow agree dressup do nothing to the performance, skill, however, do a lot in the process, and it is always a basic in any game, practice make perfect. For a racing game, some racing basicsdo serve a lot in my session laugh.gif

for FD as a car, I have spent a lot of my time in the stock / Aero C.....switched to my setup now....(if you remember what I have told you guys before, I was using Aero D now...)

finally made it to Aero E and reached Lvl. 95 in DU...

the feel of FD sure did not change much throughout, it is a car with a certain weight, it is still an agile car in corners, and I find it is quite balanced in straights.....
PMEmail Poster
R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

GREAT TO HEAR THAT...
at last i found the car that really suited my style of playing
an agile car , with lightweight body , can maintain speedloss , good accel , and has stability when running in straight line happy.gif

btw i have other question to make sure something , how about if we compare RX-8 and FD which one do you guys prefer (from my style of playing ) thx ^^
PMEmail PosterYahoo
RayoK
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ 1 hour, 52 minutes ago)
sure enough, this forum is actually more matured, and those fellow can stick enough to the topic. Compare to some other local forum (in my area in particular)

since we somehow agree dressup do nothing to the performance, skill, however, do a lot in the process, and it is always a basic in any game, practice make perfect. For a racing game, some racing basicsdo serve a lot in my session laugh.gif

for FD as a car, I have spent a lot of my time in the stock / Aero C.....switched to my setup now....(if you remember what I have told you guys before, I was using Aero D now...)

finally made it to Aero E and reached Lvl. 95 in DU...

the feel of FD sure did not change much throughout, it is a car with a certain weight, it is still an agile car in corners, and I find it is quite balanced in straights.....

basic skills do matter alot
as for dressup i find the thing they change is weight but then again it boils down to more of how we utilize it

My fd has been in aero parts in mt2, only reason i went aero c cause its something familiar until 3dx it went aero b till now. I do change out when new stuff comes out to try some crazy ideas but generally its still aero b flush headlights for me biggrin.gif
Only significant change i made was the wing i used gets smaller and smaller till now its wingless smile.gif

[ Post merged on Dec 14 2013, 09:09 PM ]
QUOTE (R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD @ 1 hour, 17 minutes ago)
GREAT TO HEAR THAT...
an agile car , with lightweight body , can maintain speedloss , good accel , and has stability when running in straight line happy.gif

btw i have other question to make sure something , how about if we compare RX-8 and FD which one do you guys prefer (from my style of playing ) thx ^^

Long story cut short
rx8 has better accel overall, better speed orientation and much more forgiving to use
its a better candidate for battles
PMEmail Poster
simonsiu2013
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (R.Z.BlaZeSpeeD @ 2 hours, 0 minutes ago)
GREAT TO HEAR THAT...

to keep it clear, my opinion for RX-8 is quite positive. RX-8 is quite the same aspect to FD.....

only the accel I will rate it better than a FD...but since I have a FC, I will rate FC the best accel to me....

FC is one of my main car back in 3DX+...apart from my R33 and a lost white EVO8....it is more or less you can handle it as calm as you can, than which car you have actually chosen happy.gif

if you wish to balance your style of gameplay, battle:personal playing = 50:50

I will just recommend you to pick an RX-8, but nonetheless, since I rated them as nearly the same, it is better for us as to leave you to make the decision laugh2.gif

[ Post merged on Dec 14 2013, 09:58 PM ]
QUOTE (RayoK @ 1 hour, 9 minutes ago)
basic skills do matter alot
as for dressup i find the thing they change is weight but then again it boils down to more of how we utilize it

My fd has been in aero parts in mt2, only reason i went aero c cause its something familiar until 3dx it went aero b till now. I do change out when new stuff comes out to try some crazy ideas but generally its still aero b flush headlights for me biggrin.gif
Only significant change i made was the wing i used gets smaller and smaller till now its wingless smile.gif

[ Post merged on Dec 14 2013, 09:09 PM ]

Long story cut short
rx8 has better accel overall, better speed orientation and much more forgiving to use
its a better candidate for battles

anyway, my journey of tasting the FD is still unfinished....I do the same setup as yours, only to my R33....it is wingless before I FDU it....and now, I remained it as Aero C....R33 is quite a fast car (not really fast to some, but it is already much out of my expectation lol...)

since I have made every Aero Set t be used for a short while, I decided to revert it to what I like most...the Nismo Aero laugh2.gif

you can say it is something like back to the basics...and indeed...I like the way it is laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
RayoK
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ 58 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
to keep it clear, my opinion for RX-8 is quite positive. RX-8 is quite the same aspect to FD.....

only the accel I will rate it better than a FD...but since I have a FC, I will rate FC the best accel to me....

FC is one of my main car back in 3DX+...apart from my R33 and a lost white EVO8....it is more or less you can handle it as calm as you can, than which car you have actually chosen happy.gif

if you wish to balance your style of gameplay, battle:personal playing = 50:50

I will just recommend you to pick an RX-8, but nonetheless, since I rated them as nearly the same, it is better for us as to leave you to make the decision laugh2.gif

[ Post merged on Dec 14 2013, 09:58 PM ]

anyway, my journey of tasting the FD is still unfinished....I do the same setup as yours, only to my R33....it is wingless before I FDU it....and now, I remained it as Aero C....R33 is quite a fast car (not really fast to some, but it is already much out of my expectation lol...)

since I have made every Aero Set t be used for a short while, I decided to revert it to what I like most...the Nismo Aero laugh2.gif

you can say it is something like back to the basics...and indeed...I like the way it is laugh.gif

I find that in mt4 theres not much reason to use r32 since r33 has been buffed up that the gap is very close to r32, its not like previous versions where the gap is quite big...

R33 and fd have got quite similar speed orientation, slower startup but strong high gears except, while fd has strong high gears r33 has monstrous high gears wink2.gif
I left my r33 which i dont know in which version aero b and te37 rims, done like the yellow JUN tuned r33 laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
simonsiu2013
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (RayoK @ 50 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
I find that in mt4 theres not much reason to use r32 since r33 has been buffed up that the gap is very close to r32, its not like previous versions where the gap is quite big...

R33 and fd have got quite similar speed orientation, slower startup but strong high gears except, while fd has strong high gears r33 has monstrous high gears wink2.gif
I left my r33 which i dont know in which version aero b and te37 rims, done like the yellow JUN tuned r33 laugh.gif

but the R32 is still a very fast car to have...for R33, the balance of speed and accel is just perfect to be with....

personally used Aero D and Aero B (interchanging) before I got the Aero E, I did the same for Aero E with Aero C....shortly after I finished the by-then Lvl. 97 FDU status, I switched it to Aero A and Stock....and shortly after I made the Aero F available, I decided to give it a go, and finally revert everything back as what I did since I ported it from WMMT3DX+

will be getting the Exclusive Wing B for my FC and FD tmr.... laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by simonsiu2013 on Dec 14 2013, 11:47 PM
PMEmail Poster
RayoK
Posted: Dec 18 2013, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

After having fun with all my crazy ideas, changed back to aero b, wing type II and all else stock for my fd
sweet good old stuff smile.gif
imo this still feels the best for me laugh2.gif
PMEmail Poster
ahheng
Posted: Dec 18 2013, 05:11 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 8,980

all i can say is try every setup urself different people's setup might be gd for them but not u.since now mt4 u can change anytime u want i don't think u got any reason not to try out.
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Dec 18 2013, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

I think I find the all the aero kits for the FD good looking.

Though I might want to try F when I unlock it........
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 194 Pages  « 176 177 178 179 180 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll