Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

182 Pages  « 180 181 182  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> Mazda Thread II: Ask anything about Mazdas, FD, FC, MS6, RX8, Cosmo, MX5
GreggMD
Posted: Aug 10 2014, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,029

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ Yesterday, 7:02 AM)
Have you searched videos from youtube?? You can learn things there too haha

Actually when i just started playing, since i didn't know anyone who was playing locally to ask for proper lines and shifting points, i tried watching youtube videos.. they're helpful and all but in the end, it still feels more natural when you try it out yourself and trying to experiment on techniques on different maps and cars. A bit costly of course but every run is experience/confidence gained for you (and your car). :)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
simonsiu2013
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,870

QUOTE (GreggMD @ Today, 11:25 AM)
Actually when i just started playing, since i didn't know anyone who was playing locally to ask for proper lines and shifting points, i tried watching youtube videos.. they're helpful and all but in the end, it still feels more natural when you try it out yourself and trying to experiment on techniques on different maps and cars. A bit costly of course but every run is experience/confidence gained for you (and your car).  :)

Games are part of life, trial and error

the keyword to this is a word: Dare

It is quite natural for me, (maybe I was quite mature while I started playing MT2...though I might get nervous while doing my maiden games...afraid of losing) to first learnt staying focused and maintain your driving lines...I didn't learn from other fellow at the time

Just I was able to learn from my errors and experience from other racing games....

anyway, if somebody tells you to believe DU parts and car models....you normally will know whether it is true or what....

I don't believe much in DU parts effects.....it is skills that matter the most ^_^

When I started my 2nd card, I tended to do TAs first with every car...though some I had an experience already...I did learn sth everytime I played them :lol2:

Enjoy your games anyway, and just like Burger King's slogan: have it your way haha :lol2:

This post has been edited by simonsiu2013 on Aug 11 2014, 06:31 AM
PMEmail Poster
GreggMD
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ Today, 6:31 AM)
I don't believe much in DU parts effects.....it is skills that matter the most ^_^

WOOOOOOORD! :shifty:
Dare
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Former Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE (simonsiu2013 @ Today, 12:31 AM)
Games are part of life, trial and error

the keyword to this is a word: Dare

Yes?
PMEmail PosterMSN
GreggMD
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (Dare @ 3 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
Yes?

Lol :lol:
Jammy
Posted: Aug 12 2014, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

What doesn't kill me, should have tried harder

Member No.: 8,068

QUOTE (GreggMD @ Yesterday, 6:53 PM)
Lol :lol:

I don't know about you but i was waiting for that to happen xD

On topic how does the FC compare to the FD?
PMEmail Poster
Lonewolf
Posted: Aug 12 2014, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Wolfie: A hopeless romantic with a dirty mind.

Member No.: 8,252

QUOTE (Jammy @ 2 hours, 53 minutes ago)
I don't know about you but i was waiting for that to happen xD

On topic how does the FC compare to the FD?

They say that the FC is faster than the FD :ermm:
PMEmail Poster
UbeR
Posted: Aug 12 2014, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 9,098

The FC3S is thinner than the FD3S so it's better for squeezing in between traffic and it's a bit easier to handle compared to the FD3S. The FC suffers from poor acceleration so clipping walls can punish a lot.

In terms of TA superiority, obviously the FD3S is better.

I haven't had much experience with the FC3S because my bro rarely lets me use his card.

EDIT: Thanks RB33

This post has been edited by UbeR on Aug 13 2014, 01:30 AM
PM
RB33
Posted: Aug 13 2014, 12:53 AM
Quote Post

Broker
Group Icon

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (UbeR @ 4 hours, 13 minutes ago)
The FC3S is thinner than the FD3S so it's better for squeezing in between traffic and it's a bit easier to handle compared to the FC3S. The FC suffers from poor acceleration so clipping walls can punish a lot.

In terms of TA superiority, obviously the FD3S is better.

I haven't had much experience with the FC3S because my bro rarely lets me use his card.

Typo bro?

This post has been edited by RB33 on Aug 13 2014, 12:54 AM
PMEmail Poster
UbeR
Posted: Aug 13 2014, 01:30 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 9,098

QUOTE (RB33 @ 36 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
Typo bro?

i am bad and i should feel bad
PM
vash944
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 03:29 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (Lonewolf @ Aug 12 2014, 08:05 PM)
They say that the FC is faster than the FD :ermm:

FD3S has the annoying boost and top speed of 350, while FC3S has top speed of 349

most likely FC3S has the balance and nimbleness
grimsolace
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 03:31 AM
Quote Post

Tell me Why, la

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,492

I assume the FC loses more speed on rough cornering compared to the FD which seems to deal with it easier. But the RX8 seems to be the golden child.
PMEmail PosterMSN
vash944
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (grimsolace @ 39 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
I assume the FC loses more speed on rough cornering compared to the FD which seems to deal with it easier. But the RX8 seems to be the golden child.

FD3S has the annoying boost but in 5 gear, however the SE3P has the same top speed as FD3S and 6 gears has the good advantage on acceleration if shifted correctly but no plot/annoying boost

but those two has the Mazda's inherent charm of nimbleness on the curves
TheAvgHoe
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 10,046

Hey guys, I only started playing mt3 last year during summer hols in hk, so I am fairly inexperienced. This year I decided to start mt4, but even with pretty intensive grinding I am still by all means a massive scrub :P
Anywho, I was wondering if there is any pointers you guys can give me for my MS6 in terms of when to shift gears and maybe P/H settings? I want to ask about turning methods because not too sure if they differ from car to car.
Sorry if this is all trivial, but I am honestly clueless about a lot of stuff and really eager to get better, I only have a couple more weeks before I go back to UK and I wont be able to play for another year. Greatly appreciate any help given :)
PMEmail Poster
exhaust_note
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 9,965

QUOTE (vash944 @ 9 hours, 12 minutes ago)
FD3S has the annoying boost but in 5 gear, however the SE3P has the same top speed as FD3S and 6 gears has the good advantage on acceleration if shifted correctly but no plot/annoying boost

but those two has the Mazda's inherent charm of nimbleness on the curves

It seems to just eat it at zero countersteer, compared to my Z31 where you have to compensate.

On another note, how does the SA and the Cosmo compare to its younger sisters? I hear the latter is very capable
PMEmail Poster
Dare
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Former Troll
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE (TheAvgHoe @ 5 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Hey guys, I only started playing mt3 last year during summer hols in hk, so I am fairly inexperienced. This year I decided to start mt4, but even with pretty intensive grinding I am still by all means a massive scrub :P
Anywho, I was wondering if there is any pointers you guys can give me for my MS6 in terms of when to shift gears and maybe P/H settings? I want to ask about turning methods because not too sure if they differ from car to car.
Sorry if this is all trivial, but I am honestly clueless about a lot of stuff and really eager to get better, I only have a couple more weeks before I go back to UK and I wont be able to play for another year. Greatly appreciate any help given :)

P/h is more of a matter of course than car.... Learn what works for you on each course, if anything, handling is more important(to an extent) but you need to find that balance

Ms6 pretty much shifts like any 6 gear car, pretty straightforward. Should be redline, or just after.

Get used to it, after a while you'll sorta get a feel fort the car itself, its something that needs to be gained through practice, not just explanation. Each time you play just try to take note of how it feels when you shift at a certain point
PMEmail PosterMSN
EST32
Posted: Aug 17 2014, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 9,808

QUOTE (Dare @ 5 hours, 47 minutes ago)
P/h is more of a matter of course than car.... Learn what works for you on each course, if anything, handling is more important(to an extent) but you need to find that balance

Ms6 pretty much shifts like any 6 gear car, pretty straightforward. Should be redline, or just after.

Get used to it, after a while you'll sorta get a feel fort the car itself, its something that needs to be gained through practice, not just explanation. Each time you play just try to take note of how it feels when you shift at a certain point

Monster boost...
PM
vash944
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (exhaust_note @ Yesterday, 1:24 PM)
It seems to just eat it at zero countersteer, compared to my Z31 where you have to compensate.

On another note, how does the SA and the Cosmo compare to its younger sisters? I hear the latter is very capable

L10B seems good in battle if you play your tactics very well.... as for SA22C methinks kinda like FC3S with minor or subtle differences, if we compare to Toyota's MA61L and JZA70 with Mazda's RX-7's SA22C and FC3S
grimsolace
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

Tell me Why, la

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,492

Balanced and Heavy against most/all cars.
That boost.

Seriously that boost.
Did you say its an MS6?

Use it as much as you can.
Enjoy, Experience, Feel, Risk and Reward. (

And don't forget its an MS6. its a beast.

This post has been edited by grimsolace on Aug 18 2014, 06:11 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN
TheAvgHoe
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 10,046

Oh awesome, thanks for the tips and all (Y) I actually chose MS6 by accident because I just wanted to check out its driving school skin but I pressed the pedal LOL.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 182 Pages  « 180 181 182  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll