Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Sold the MR2, An update of my life.
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,055

I know Ive been alot less active around here, much less anywhere else online but Im dropping in today to share whats going on in life and catch up with the life of others.

Yesterday was a big day, NASA held the the annual HyperFest event at Summit Point, WV this weekend and I of course attended and watched some spec racing and drifting. A little bit of a long drive and out it the damn sun all day I was sure as hell tired, slightly sweaty and almost burnt. But it was all worth it dispite my lack of track time this year, so I went home and crashed fully clothed.

I was up at 8am this morning (Early for the time we rolled in last night) and took my much needed shower. Got outside because I had someone come to look at my SW20, but once I got the rolling chassis out I had to wash it due to the dust and dirt from it sitting.

So by 11am I had almost finished putting a thin layer of wax on the car and had the interior dusted and presentable. I grab a drink of water and during the course of refreshment I begin to actually grasp the idea that the car is most likely going to be gone out of my life this day...3.5 years after it had inevitably entered and took over everything.

Believe it or not, and I must be a girl when it comes to stress and anxiety I started puking. I got myself together in time to meet the person interested outside and let my car do the talking, I knew he was sold before he came to look at the shell due to multiple text messages we exchanged. Needless to say, we run over the price of the car and how much extra parts that I removed to sell separately are that he wanted to take with him. He shoots me a low ball and I come back with a few hundered less then my asking price. We argree on the asking price including the $600 in parts I had left to sell. Which is actually what I wanted out of the car, but I priced it $500 higher then my wanted price.

I run inside my room where my best friend was still sleeping, even though it is now 2pm. Wake him up to get a second opinion of the above asking price, and he thought it over quickly and told me to sell it.

All sorts of thoughts were going through my head, do I ask for more? Settle for the price I was happy with? Keep my baby and spend the $11,000 I had in my 'car saving fund' to build a new bottom end and replace the turbo kit with something else and continue modding with the last few thousand?

Bill of sale was then typed up and and I have a non-refundable $500 deposit until he comes back to pick the car up this evening.

So the car is gone, and nothing physically is left to speak of my ownership of MR2s besides the Greddy Intercooler that was already sold and payment was recieved today, that Im shipping out tomorrow. Sold the Turbo kit, OEM JDM bits, and Sard Exhaust, '94 Tails, and other small go-fast parts that were insignifiacant to me.

All I have left is some R-Comp tires, Personal Steering wheel, Zeitronixs Wideband and some Greddy Profec Super Hyper Mega Awesome Pearl Platnum Saphire Emerald Twentywordlong Boost Controller.

With a large chunk of change in the bank, I could now go buy 3 more clean Turbo MR2s or my next car...which Im still debating over.

Thanks for reading guys, wait and see...
Mike

This post has been edited by HateSkylines on Jun 20 2010, 02:11 PM
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,053

If your next car isnt an MR2,what do you have in mind?
PM
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,547

He said an rx7 unless hes changed his mind. Unless youre dead set on "swtiching" cars for new tastes, Id stick to the mr2 personally, you know them pretty well and in the end theyre amazingly bad ass. Dont let a bad example skew your perception/taste of the car.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (StraightAwayZ @ 2 hours, 31 minutes ago)
He said an rx7 unless hes changed his mind.  Unless youre dead set on "swtiching" cars for new tastes, Id stick to the mr2 personally, you know them pretty well and in the end theyre amazingly bad ass.  Dont let a bad example skew your perception/taste of the car.

Nah dude, If I was keeping a MR2 I wouldnt have gotten rid of this one...they dont get any cleaner.

Its time for a upgrade.

The MR2 isnt nearly as badass as you think it is. They have little aftermarket support when it comes to anything not engine related and any aftermarket support's products are atleast 15 year old technology. Intercoolers, adj. control arms, roll center adj. are outdated and under-developed. No matter what, the rear suspension geometry sucks and Toyota only made is worse in '93, its unbalenced and has no chassis rigidy from the factory, hardtop or N/A.

This post has been edited by HateSkylines on Jun 20 2010, 06:30 PM
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,725

*cough*S30*cough*
PMEmail Poster
Betrayal Jack Kn..
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,001

After everything that's happened with the car, would you do it all again?

Can't wait to see what your next project is smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Jun 20 2010, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (HateSkylines @ 6 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Nah dude, If I was keeping a MR2 I wouldnt have gotten rid of this one...they dont get any cleaner.

Its time for a upgrade.

The MR2 isnt nearly as badass as you think it is. They have little aftermarket support when it comes to anything not engine related and any aftermarket support's products are atleast 15 year old technology. Intercoolers, adj. control arms, roll center adj. are outdated and under-developed. No matter what, the rear suspension geometry sucks and Toyota only made is worse in '93, its unbalenced and has no chassis rigidy from the factory, hardtop or N/A.

With my line of work and examples ive had the pleasure of not only seeing but been in, im inclined to disagree tongue.gif Ive seen what these cars are capable of first hand- sure theyre not the ickiest of the sticky. But theyre still amazing in their own rights and have the potential to be deadly fast with little trouble. Driving them at those speeds is a different matter.
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Member No.: 3,693

As much as I'd say you should stick to your platform, I vote you move on to a front engine RWD platform. Much more friendly to the average home mechanic.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (StraightAwayZ @ Today, 3:56 AM)
With my line of work and examples ive had the pleasure of not only seeing but been in, im inclined to disagree tongue.gif  Ive seen what these cars are capable of first hand- sure theyre not the ickiest of the sticky.  But theyre still amazing in their own rights and have the potential to be deadly fast with little trouble.  Driving them at those speeds is a different matter.

Your right, they are amazing cars but to re-emphesize the key words 'in their own rights'...you then realize that they are not as amazing as they seemed. They look good on paper, but nothing beats research and developement which it clearly lacks. Thats why you dont see many people still tracking these cars often, unless they are die-hard MR2 guys, in the US and Japan.

Ive been in the MR2 scene/owner almost 6 years now, I know their limits, capabities and potential out of all three chassis' when it comes to driving and tuning. Ive learned many things, like to never lift of throttle mid-corner and to complete all braking nessecary before the corner begins, a true 'time attack' style of driving is needed to get the car and yourself around a corner safely without snap-oversteer or shift lock oversteer that these cars have a tendancy to be extremely prone to ect. ect.

Oddmanout - I completely agree...but I have full access to the machine shop I worked at for a long period of time and the lifts in my fathers performance shop, so friendly to work on cars arent the least bit of concern to me. Im not exactly a average home mechanic either but Im no Master Tech...yet. I have a bit of years of shop experiance and a few ASE Certs. under my belt. Im not taking offense to anything you said so dont worry tongue.gif

This post has been edited by HateSkylines on Jun 21 2010, 04:49 PM
PMEmail Poster
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Woot for ase certs. I got lucky, i never needed any ase certs when i was wrenching on vipers soi never deemed it neccessary to get any for myself. well whatever you decide on im sure itll be awesome. Looking forward to what you get.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (StraightAwayZ @ Yesterday, 9:56 PM)
Woot for ase certs. I got lucky, i never needed any ase certs when i was wrenching on vipers soi never deemed it neccessary to get any for myself. well whatever you decide on im sure itll be awesome. Looking forward to what you get.

ASE Certs are really just BS...it just means your booksmart in all automotive diagnosing and repair aspects. Im obviously not going to know more about doing a job on a car in a shop setting then someone who has worked in the shop for 20 years.

My teacher is a Viper tech himself, but he is a Master Tech.
PMEmail Poster
VR4FTW
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 6,658

I would suggest AWD, but with all the cars with AWD platforms being abused, you'd only disappoint yourself.

You should consider getting a Genesis Coupe, their aftermarket support is steadily growing as I type this reply to you
PMEmail PosterYahoo
J.harris
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 6,804

As mike knows, I'm really sad the car is gone as well. I'm an MR2 owner as well and if I have had a problem with it, Mike has been there to help me. Hahah we've been through everything with that car and I'm going to miss not being able to talk MR2 to him. But I think he has given me enough base knowledge about the car that I can fend for myself. Oh yea, I was the guy who bought the Greddy IC tongue.gif.
PMEmail PosterMSN
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 03:34 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

^^^You sig looks great man.

Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

MR2 just left me house, gone forever.
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Member No.: 3,693

Its been 20 minutes. Do you have a new car yet?
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Oddmanout84 @ 16 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Its been 20 minutes. Do you have a new car yet?

Yep! Just kidding, Ima stick it out and feel 100% about something before I spend everything I have saved for a car.

Suggestions?

This post has been edited by HateSkylines on Jun 27 2010, 05:57 PM
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,725

S30.

You know you want to tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

NSX
Lethal300
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 4,642

Something a little different maybe a GT4 Celica(not sure if you get them in the states or not ). This guy that lives near me has one (Not stock though) and Jesus its fast. Takes out Evos with supporting mod and everything which suits its numberplate which is EVOKLR. I can only get him on my Z32 at top end.

This post has been edited by Lethal300 on Jun 27 2010, 10:15 PM
PMEmail Poster
*DAN*
Posted: Jun 27 2010, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

ಠ_ಠ

Member No.: 5,129

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
NSX

+1.

A white one too. biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
Geo
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

This:

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDWQbnb-Zo )
PMEmail PosterMSN
N643
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 1,878

get an ex-cop car lol

& speaking of NSX, i just saw thomas124C41's NSX in the "honda tuning" in their readers ride section & it's a really nice car (it's the same pic as his sig)
PMEmail Poster
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,552

Geo Metro.
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 10:02 AM
Quote Post