Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Sold the MR2, An update of my life.
SouthSideSlider
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,439

2nd gen RX-7
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,055

QUOTE (Lethal300 @ Today, 2:14 AM)
Something a little different maybe a GT4 Celica(not sure if you get them in the states or not ). This guy that lives near me has one (Not stock though) and Jesus its fast. Takes out Evos with supporting mod and everything which suits its numberplate which is EVOKLR. I can only get him on my Z32 at top end.

My roomate has a All-Trac, same engine my MR2 has...or had tongue.gif before it 'sploded. NSX is on the list, FC I have been considering.

I would have to drive a Geo Metro backwards to be happy with it, so its MR.

Oddmanout is trying to get me killed.
PMEmail Poster
Thir13teen
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 4,098

The answer to your query is.....

Miata MX5.

Now do it.
PMEmail Poster
VR4FTW
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 6,658

I suggest E36 M3..hahahahaha, I hate those things

An NSX would be nice though, but few of those is still in its un-modified state.

I still encourage you to consider the Genesis Coupe
PMEmail PosterYahoo
The J
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

Smart car? Mx-5? Genesis? What's wrong with you people? This thread is supposed to be about helping him get his next car... not make him a homosexual! lol I kid.... I also drive an MX5...

H-Sky; why not FD if you're considering NSX?
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

He has considered/is considering an FD. It's up to whether he wants a driver's car or another car that turns joe schmoe into a home mechanic. If you don't know the right stuff, and have the right mentality, the FD is another nightmare.

Miata is fun, but it's a slow car especially if you live in a place with few backroads and even fewer racetracks.

The NSX is for the most part fast, reliable, and a drivers car. He will spend driving and having fun instead of time under the car. I care more about driving and enjoying cars these days instead of being a grease-monkey.

This post has been edited by BmwNeoType on Jun 28 2010, 06:03 PM
cmspaz
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Back in the saddle.

Member No.: 3,933

QUOTE (N643 @ Today, 6:40 AM)
get an ex-cop car lol

Ex-cop cars are nigger cars.

Last I checked he's an upstanding white guy.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (BmwNeoType @ 30 minutes, 32 seconds ago)
He has considered/is considering an FD. It's up to whether he wants a driver's car or another car that turns joe schmoe into a home mechanic. If you don't know the right stuff, and have the right mentality, the FD is another nightmare.

Miata is fun, but it's a slow car especially if you live in a place with few backroads and even fewer racetracks.

The NSX is for the most part fast, reliable, and a drivers car. He will spend driving and having fun instead of time under the car. I care more about driving and enjoying cars these days instead of being a grease-monkey.

Everyone may aswell read the entire post so my point as gotten across to everyone.

The J - To be honest, I have loved the rotary engine for as long as I was potty-trained. It was the first internal combusion engine I choose to learn about and I feel as though I know a fair bit about the basics of owning and maintaining one, as well as basic modifacation knowledge. Due to my experiance working with a engine machine shop that preps and build IHRA and NHRA drag engnes for the past 2 years, along with my ASE classes and other automotive programs, I have gain a great amount of knowledge past the basic theroy of how a conventional internal combustion engine works. I have the experiance to build my own engine and perform the machine work throughout the entire head and block and the theroy to futher improve upon a manufacture's (Like Yamaha) design. Now getting to the point, my experiance/extensive knowledge with a conventional internal combustion engine is not only a comfort zone but an advantage that I have with any other car besides a RX7.

BmwNeoType - He has considered/is considering an FD. It's up to whether he wants a driver's car or another car that turns joe schmoe into a home mechanic.

^^^What is that supposed to mean?

You are correct, I have been considering a FD.Athough I have not decided on a single chassis I wold like build over the future years, I have narrowed my searched down quite a bit and Im going to stick with my cup-of-tea (According to others), a 90s Japanese Sports car.

I have the access to may road-courses like my home track, Summit Point in West Virginia and Virginia International Raceway. There are a fair amount of highways here that the majority of the automotive scene (Who I am not conserned with in the slightest manner) is into along with a large amount of backroads that could remind one of a 'touge' without elevation change.

I grew up young being a grease-monkey. I will always work at shops, even if it is no-longer an engine machine shop like my previous job. Infact, building a car is one of my favorite things about cars besides driving. So turning a wrench doesnt bother me a bit if I enjoy it, you cant expect any 90s J-Sports car to be reliable. I plan to do all my own machining and build my car single handedly like a did with my previous AW11 and SW20.

This post has been edited by HateSkylines on Jun 28 2010, 06:45 PM
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

Member No.: 3,693

I keep seeing the NSX being thrown around in here, but it brings a question to my mind... How much money do you have to spend on ANOTHER car after losing the MR2 to the back-seat BBQ? Last I checked, even early 90's models were still pretty expensive for an almost 20 year old car...
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,725

Another option is a Datsun 510. Reliable stock if they're taken care of (read, change the oil, run some seafoam, rinse and repeat), and with a quite large aftermarket if you want to start modding, using everything from 300 dollar KA24DEs to mad JDM tyte yo SR20s etc.

.....damn, now I just convinced myself to get a 510...fuuuuuuuu
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

QUOTE (PanzerAce @ Yesterday, 9:09 PM)
Another option is a Datsun 510. Reliable stock if they're taken care of (read, change the oil, run some seafoam, rinse and repeat), and with a quite large aftermarket if you want to start modding, using everything from 300 dollar KA24DEs to mad JDM tyte yo SR20s etc.

.....damn, now I just convinced myself to get a 510...fuuuuuuuu

510s that aren't rusted to nothing are extremely difficult to find on this coast. I know of two that run in CT and I hardly see them. That being said, I love those little cars and I want one. You can tell me I'm wrong but HS doesn't seem like the 510 type of guy either.
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Oh yah, forgot you guys are all living in the land o' rust ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Rinic the Fox
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 5,677

Well, it sure has been a long time since i've been on... anyways, onto the topic...

I would say get a AE86 or Z16A. Personally, i'd get both for the fun of it, but it's up to you what car you want...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 29 2010, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Oddmanout84 @ Yesterday, 11:22 PM)
I keep seeing the NSX being thrown around in here, but it brings a question to my mind... How much money do you have to spend on ANOTHER car after losing the MR2 to the back-seat BBQ? Last I checked, even early 90's models were still pretty expensive for an almost 20 year old car...

Honestly, between insurance money, part-out and selling the shell I made $15,500 off the car alone, not including the other amount I have put aside for cars.
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jun 30 2010, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

QUOTE (HateSkylines @ Yesterday, 7:35 PM)
Honestly, between insurance money, part-out and selling the shell I made $15,500 off the car alone, not including the other amount I have put aside for cars.

That's a fair chunk of change. However with that being the low end of the prices I've seen for NSX's, I'd be skeptical about the condition of a car at that cost. But I'm no NSX guru at all, so I could be just talking out of my ass. I'd still say get something cheaper and build it up, if I remember right you already have a DD.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Jun 30 2010, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Oddmanout84 @ 5 hours, 53 minutes ago)
That's a fair chunk of change. However with that being the low end of the prices I've seen for NSX's, I'd be skeptical about the condition of a car at that cost. But I'm no NSX guru at all, so I could be just talking out of my ass. I'd still say get something cheaper and build it up, if I remember right you already have a DD.

Yes it is, and it is on the lower end of NSXs so I would have to wait a bit (A couple of months) before I could by a NSX worth modifying. Im looking into other cars aswell, so dont think Im dead-set on a NA1 because I am not at all.

I do have a DD, and it is very very reliable...it just rolled over 75,000miles today :/
PMEmail Poster
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 1,547

My votes on the nsx. Awesome piece of machinery if you can afford it.
PMEmail Poster
thejrman
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 1,409

get something that has a 2jz in it.
PMEmail Poster
cmspaz
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Back in the saddle.

Member No.: 3,933

Not to move this away from baller-status sports cars... but have you thought about joining the turbo AWD club at all? You haven't made up your mind yet, so there'd be nothing wrong with weighing your options and giving at least one of the big two a test drive.
PMEmail Poster
rx-666
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,627

i still want an nsx myself, i wouldnt recommend buying anything too fancy. your young and good at saving apparently, dont be a dumbass like i was and throw it all into cars. look into some investment options for all that money and find some cheaper fun cars to consider.
PMEmail Poster
Oddmanout84
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Resident Alcoholic

QUOTE (rx-666 @ 20 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
i still want an nsx myself, i wouldnt recommend buying anything too fancy. your young and good at saving apparently, dont be a dumbass like i was and throw it all into cars. look into some investment options for all that money and find some cheaper fun cars to consider.

^This.
PMEmail Poster
peemyTNBow
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (rx-666 @ 54 minutes, 43 seconds ago)

Modified cars (Especially japanese) are a waste of money period. It's all for personal "satisfaction". The SMART thing is to invest all 20,000 or so and get a house since he already has a car. Get the car of your dreams later.

I am not that smart either when it comes to this shit. I waste my money on stupid japanese cars.

This post has been edited by BmwNeoType on Jul 1 2010, 11:07 PM
GinjaNinja
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,562

I'm assuming if the guy had a "deep pocket full of coins" it means he needn't worry about investing in properties or assets just yet. However, he is looking for a car to play with and let me tell ya, your better off with something more practical and easy to live with.

C'mon guys don't be ridiculous and say something like RX-7's or Cosmos them damn things require high maintenance. How about sometihng like a E39 BMW 325 manual to start with? they are a lot of fun and are a great car for learning how to drive a RWD car with a stick. Possibly even an Is200or mx5, your choice. Just don't go overboard and buy yourself a 1970's porsche and find yourself stranded with a blown motor or diff.

The word here your looking for is PRACTICAL
PMEmail Poster
PanzerAce
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Um....I don't think he's looking for practical, especially since he already has a DD. Sounds to ME like he wants a fun car.

And you don't suggest a RX-7 because of maintnence, but you'd suggest an E39? Oooooooooook........
PMEmail Poster
GinjaNinja
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 2,562

An E39 is still 1000000X easier to live with

Not saying Bimmer's are like Toyota's where you can just fix anything with a sticky tape and off you go
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 4 Pages  1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll