Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> S30 triple mikuni blowthrough turbo build 2.0, build thread?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 28 2013, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

Ah I see it, you have 'em ziptied up to the front of the valve cover area. Got it. Normally I'd say that's a silly place to put them since that's where the hard lines for fuel go but then I noticed that you deleted the mechanical fuel pump and the hard lines completely. An electric fuel pump for a triple carb? Hard-core!

Seriously looking forward to this build getting running, getting pretty, and getting its ass to a dyno. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Feb 28 2013, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 219

Yeah the fuel line is getting removed and replaced with a triple feed fuel block coming from the fpr fed by an in tank fuel pump/surge tank combo.
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Mar 29 2013, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Drove the z for the first time in months. With all the rewiring and little repairs here and there she felt like a caged animal trying to break free every time I hit the gas. It felt good to drive her again. Once she goes to paint and back I'll post some pics. Once she's done looking like "Akuma" she will get the heart of "Akuma"...
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 1 2013, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

Where are you at, anyway? SoCal? I'll need to add your car to the short list of Zs I need to go visit once they're ready. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Apr 1 2013, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Las vegas.

[ Post merged on Apr 1 2013, 07:49 AM ]
Las vegas.
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Apr 8 2013, 02:04 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Got some fuel line stuff in. Going to run a fuel distribution block so each carb gets it's own line and tidy up the bay while at it. Waiting on a possible 280z tank to swap in. If that falls through then I will go with a submerged surge tank/ swirl pot.
Can't wait!!!

This post has been edited by fairladyzlover on Apr 8 2013, 02:04 AM
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Apr 22 2013, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Cleaned up my spark plug wires a bit.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: May 30 2013, 09:26 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Some inspiration came in today! user posted image
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Jul 6 2013, 11:23 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

New goodies came in! My fuel system is getting all sorted and other misc crap is coming in. All this makes me realize going efi or an RB/SR/V8 swap would have been cheaper and or running already lol.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
RollingGuy
Posted: Aug 9 2013, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 8,575

Awesome build man. Still following this. I wish we had more Z's for sale in my country. It's such a rare car, even a rotting one without an engine costs as much as an S14. Not cool.
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Aug 22 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

That's crazy! Def the other way around here. Z prices are going up though.

More parts came in!
New distributor and my 6btm finally showed Nunnalong with the new airtex e8248 fuel pump. It's a common upgrade for Bronco's and other fords. It pumps out more fuel than a stock 280zx pump and has the proper 3/8 fitting sizes.
The other thing that came in was the NA distributor shaft. The turbo unit has a different head design that can only be used with turbo distributors.
Damn car is becoming an amalgamation lol.

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Jun 11 2014, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

well it's finally in and runs. still waiting on some jetts from oer and an afr gauge but other than that she runs!! Its only running 7psi off the wastegate but it's fun until i get her dialed in and then turn up the boost!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Jun 30 2014, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 1,547

QUOTE (fairladyzlover @ Jun 11 2014, 07:54 AM)
well it's finally in and runs. still waiting on some jetts from oer and an afr gauge but other than that she runs!! Its only running 7psi off the wastegate but it's fun until i get her dialed in and then turn up the boost!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Dude, huge congrats! i was very skeptical of this build, i am glad i was wrong. We need MOAR pictures and some video of this thing in action!
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Aug 16 2014, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

well i've got near 1000 miles on the clock with no major issues, i bought a daily, so i can finally tinker around with this. Plans are new idle jets (My current ones seem too small) along with the wide band and a 3in downpipe and exhaust, along with some modulator rings for the carbs to help enrich the carbs under boost. I'm running a 2.5in down pipe with a 2.5 in exhaust all the way back but after some research it seems my exhaust may be the cause of my car running a b*tch too rich, who knew exhaust size would effect jetting size? lol I'll get some video's soon, i just need to get one of my friends to record for me.

This post has been edited by fairladyzlover on Aug 16 2014, 05:24 PM
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Aug 24 2014, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

PMEmail Poster
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Sep 18 2014, 03:42 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (fairladyzlover @ Aug 24 2014, 05:04 PM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdobdcX_QHI&feature=youtu.be

finally got some footage

I got a bit excited to see the youtube link to it running- Only to realize Id already seen (and commented on) that video. I should have recognized it.

I see youve stated it previously- But im only just now really noticing (or remembering if ive made note of it before) that youre in vegas. Im in vegas too- Down around GVR (Henderson actually). May i ask what part of town youre on?

(Im sidewaysgts in the comments of your video btw)

This post has been edited by StraightAwayZ on Sep 18 2014, 03:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
JDMMA70
Posted: Sep 18 2014, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 123

Looks and sounds good. Keep it up!
PMEmail Poster
fairladyzlover
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 01:06 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

thanks, just replaced the turbo, the old one was dead, went with a rebuilt unit for now so i can get it more dialed in, the damn thing pulls way harder with the rebuilt turbo that's for sure. still playing with the jetting and hopefully getting a 3in exhaust put on next week. after that im gonna try and have a buddy build me a 3in dp hehe.
StraightawayZ I live on the east side right now, not too far from Hendo. My buddies from Revive Garage and I are gonna be having meets soon, now that the weather is getting cooler. I'll let you know when we do.
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 04:21 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,032

QUOTE (fairladyzlover @ 2 hours, 32 minutes ago)
thanks, just replaced the turbo, the old one was dead, went with a rebuilt unit for now so i can get it more dialed in, the damn thing pulls way harder with the rebuilt turbo that's for sure. still playing with the jetting and hopefully getting a 3in exhaust put on next week. after that im gonna try and have a buddy build me a 3in dp hehe.
StraightawayZ I live on the east side right now, not too far from Hendo. My buddies from Revive Garage and I are gonna be having meets soon, now that the weather is getting cooler. I'll let you know when we do.

are you going to put a precision 7675??

1000hp+ build all the way man...

SPOILER
PMEmail Poster
StraightAwayZ
Posted: Oct 5 2014, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (fairladyzlover @ Sep 29 2014, 01:06 AM)

Sounds like aces to me good sir. Please do!
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 3 Pages  1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll