Member No.: 5,053

PM
Hero*
Posted: Oct 5 2011, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Derp!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,367

iPhone 4gs released yesterday and now he's died, that's sad news.

R.I.P
PMEmail PosterMSN
Bloody_Monday
Posted: Oct 5 2011, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,943

Although I hate the company's practises (lawsuits and overpriced machines comes in mind) but I have passion for him. Great thinker and visionary, he changed the way on how we look at computers and how computers look. Without him, we wouldn't have beautiful GUI's on our PC's and PC's would still look dull, bland and beige. Without him, Sony Walkman's would still be the norm. Digital audio formats (.mp3, .flac, .m4a, ...) would not have taken off.
Even if others did it first, he helped taking those brilliant but underrated designs and ideas to create it even more brilliant and available to us, the people. He is the master of turning something underrated to something that everybody craves (e.g. iPad).

I love your ideas Steve, you will be greatly missed. Rest In Peace. crying2.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Benovelence
Posted: Oct 6 2011, 12:20 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

woah....well RIP Steve Jobs.
PMEmail Poster
touge_ninja
Posted: Oct 6 2011, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Evo Killer

Member No.: 11

Looks like hes the first one to try out iHeaven.

PMEmail PosterAOL
Saint
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 12:53 AM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 5,801

I'm not a fan of Apple (in fact, I hate Mac OS lol), but he is a genius and did a great job as founder of Apple that influenced the world.

RIP, Steve.

This post has been edited by Saint on Oct 7 2011, 12:54 AM
PMMSN
WRX22B1998
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (Bloody_Monday @ Oct 6 2011, 03:22 PM)
Although I hate the company's practises (lawsuits and overpriced machines comes in mind) but I have passion for him. Great thinker and visionary, he changed the way on how we look at computers and how computers look. Without him, we wouldn't have beautiful GUI's on our PC's and PC's would still look dull, bland and beige. Without him, Sony Walkman's would still be the norm. Digital audio formats (.mp3, .flac, .m4a, ...) would not have taken off.
Even if others did it first, he helped taking those brilliant but underrated designs and ideas to create it even more brilliant and available to us, the people. He is the master of turning something underrated to something that everybody craves (e.g. iPad).

I love your ideas Steve, you will be greatly missed. Rest In Peace. crying2.gif

i dont really agree with the whole mp3 thing...when the first ipod came out minidisc was the thing here, but there was still mp3 players around. though il give you that its very successful mainly due to its ease of use...

RIP steve jobs anyway, he definitely was a innovator and because of the simplicity and pick up and play type devices thats how it took off. mac computers are still way overpriced for what it is really (same hardware etc) but whatever...
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Gilberto11
Posted: Nov 4 2011, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,163

Steve Jobs just died. You know, that great Apple CEO, the visionary. He had all the money in the world yet he just died in his mid 50s. Steve jobs was rumored to have been diagnosed with a disease called cancer and having all that money in the world he was rumored to have of course spent tons of it in what he thought were the best cancer treatments money could buy: Medical Cancer Treatments – chemotherapy, radiation, surgery. And when that failed, he was rumored to have gone vegetarian / vegan… whatever, as long as it was meat – less.

How un-lucky can a rich guy get? Just as un-lucky as any moneyed or insured person. The salesmen will get you. All offering their $$$ treatments with $$$ in their minds. And you thought the more money you spent, the better treatment you would get?

Ha! If Steve Jobs had come to me, I would have let him sleep in my office just like I did with my last penny less patient. Same treatment for you Steve...
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Nov 5 2011, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

QUOTE (Gilberto11 @ Yesterday, 8:50 PM)
Steve Jobs just died. You know, that great Apple CEO, the visionary. He had all the money in the world yet he just died in his mid 50s. Steve jobs was rumored to have been diagnosed with a disease called cancer and having all that money in the world he was rumored to have of course spent tons of it in what he thought were the best cancer treatments money could buy: Medical Cancer Treatments – chemotherapy, radiation, surgery. And when that failed, he was rumored to have gone vegetarian / vegan… whatever, as long as it was meat – less.

How un-lucky can a rich guy get? Just as un-lucky as any moneyed or insured person. The salesmen will get you. All offering their $$$ treatments with $$$ in their minds. And you thought the more money you spent, the better treatment you would get?

Ha! If Steve Jobs had come to me, I would have let him sleep in my office just like I did with my last penny less patient. Same treatment for you Steve...

This is old news. Your post is strangely constructed and rambling, as if talking to children or as if coming from a spambot. Steve Jobs wouldn't need to sleep in your office if he were your patient so your last sentence doesn't make any sense. Fair treatment for everyone doesn't make any sense. We all have biases and act on them. Life isn't fair. Get over it.

This post has been edited by The J on Nov 5 2011, 07:14 AM
PMEmail Poster
Paladinoras
Posted: Nov 6 2011, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

iQuiteHonestlyDon'tReallyCare

On the other hand, the guy who invented C and Linux also passed away on October, is he more important than Jobs? Yeap. Will he even be remembered by those hipsters addicted to Angry Birds although he practically created the basis upon which the game is built? Nope.

Life indeed is not fair.

But at any rate RIP Steve Jobs. I do think your company and products are overrated and overpriced, but goddamit I love the iPod.
PMEmail Poster
rzkq20
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 11:33 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,214

yea I heard before his death he was going to introduce a new product called the iCASKET.
he was going to be buried in the bright white and chrome iCASKET which sported no handles and very slippery rounded corners. The pallbearers had a hard time picking the iCASKET up and holding it CORRECTLY.

future options include wifi and or 3 or 4G and sending and receiving email along with music downloads. 3G coverage might be spotty in Purgatory and Hell
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll