Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
> Bayshore Route, The real Japan Bayshore Route
The J
Posted: May 17 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

They do exist. The majority are just for show though. The really crazy looking cars will obviously get noticed more easily. Any photos of the car doing illegal things will make it much easier for the authorities to track down the owner of the vehicle. Still there's a lot of really nice cars that still make it out to Daikoku from time to time and jet down Wangan. It's a mixed bag and aesthetics aren't a big deal for quite a few of them that just drive domestic Japanese cars like Supras and GT-Rs. Their cars are usually all dented up in front from rock chips hitting the front of the car at extreme speed. What I've seen a lot of is motorcycle clubs with lots of tricked out motorbikes riding through C1 but not really Wangan.

This post has been edited by The J on May 17 2012, 10:24 AM
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 17 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,996

i hghly doubt the L31 or L28 can even reach 800hp as it just cannot happen (head flow more then anything) the highest rated L that i know of was 750hp and that was a race built motor. not only thiat at that point it's likely to become more unreliable then a VG30 with a spun rod bearing.

unless od course you have the ULTRA rare OS giken DOHC Head. maybe then.

This post has been edited by S12 Drifter on May 17 2012, 12:35 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 17 2012, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

E P I C D A N K M E M E S

Member No.: 7,803

It doesn't have to be necessarily 800HP, because when you talk about speed, several other factors come into play, like car weight, drag coefficient, fuel injection/carburetor usage, torque rating, and others. If you're talking about the Devil Z getting a rating of 800HP because of the F1 Turbine, it's like an impossible dream. Acquiring an F1-sanctioned turbine would be difficult, and the engine might not be able to withstand the stress of the power (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still studying the workings of the engine). While the anime/manga would have us believe that such a car would be unbeatable, in practicality you're better off playing safe at lower numbers.

And the reason why highly-tuned cars that run the Wangan maintain mostly stock exteriors is to prevent unnecessary attention from local enforcers (imagine the police being able to find your car and impound it because of your car's flashy color and huge-ass sticker you placed on your car shouting, "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, FOOLS!"). If there are such cases where they soup up the car with such flashy exteriors, they refrain to, or minimize the high speed runs down the Wangan line to avoid the eyes of the law. Other than that, it's just for show.

This post has been edited by Rotary Tuner on May 17 2012, 09:55 PM
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 17 2012, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

Hearing people who don't know cars talk about the mechanics of Wangan Midnight makes me giggle.
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 18 2012, 03:25 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Today, 1:54 AM)
It doesn't have to be necessarily 800HP, because when you talk about speed, several other factors come into play, like car weight, drag coefficient, fuel injection/carburetor usage, torque rating, and others. If you're talking about the Devil Z getting a rating of 800HP because of the F1 Turbine, it's like an impossible dream. Acquiring an F1-sanctioned turbine would be difficult, and the engine might not be able to withstand the stress of the power (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still studying the workings of the engine). While the anime/manga would have us believe that such a car would be unbeatable, in practicality you're better off playing safe at lower numbers.

And the reason why highly-tuned cars that run the Wangan maintain mostly stock exteriors is to prevent unnecessary attention from local enforcers (imagine the police being able to find your car and impound it because of your car's flashy color and huge-ass sticker you placed on your car shouting, "CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, FOOLS!"). If there are such cases where they soup up the car with such flashy exteriors, they refrain to, or minimize the high speed runs down the Wangan line to avoid the eyes of the law. Other than that, it's just for show.

it depends how fast you wanna go.

remember the car only weighed 2,000 EFING POUNDS!!!! 600hp would be more then enough on a L31. like seriously that's equal to 700hp on a 3,000lbs car.

additionally the S30 had the aerodynamics of a brick (not literally) they had not wind tunnels in the early 70's.

ever felt a S30 at 90mph? I've been told over and over it's scary, the front feels weird, and I'm sure that can be fixed with LOTS of ducting and aerodynamic changes. the ZG front would help greatly with aerodynamics. DC drag coefficient also matters, how well that front can cut through that air. the lower the DC the less power and less stress it is on the whole car and engine as it doesnt need to work as hard to push through wind resistance.

why do you think they switchesd from 78 to 79 model, they made GREAT changes. the DC was brought down to like .38 or something like that, the Z31 was a DC of .29 and the Z32 had a DC of .33 (yes they made it worse i know).

heres some food for thought, the new GT-R R35 has a DC of .26 and thats what helps it with it's speed while only retaining 500hp on a car that weighs close to 4,000 pounds.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
ryo510
Posted: May 18 2012, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,446

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Yesterday, 9:54 PM)

It is theoretically be happen. But to have a F1 turbine you need a F1 engine, F1 gearbox, F1 specially build S30 body, F1 tires and more F1 related stuff. To install a V12 engine into a Civic, every part of the car must be revise to suits the engine otherwise the owner of the car will end up destroying it.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 18 2012, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (ryo510 @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
It is theoretically be happen. But to have a F1 turbine you need a F1 engine, F1 gearbox, F1 specially build S30 body, F1 tires and more F1 related stuff. To install a V12 engine into a Civic, every part of the car must be revise to suits the engine otherwise the owner of the car will end up destroying it.

You folks need to realize right now that Wangan Midnight is a fantasy. An S30 Z cannot be made to consistently get to 200mph on a highway and still look like it does in the manga. No matter how much power you squeeze out of the L28 or how stiff you make the chassis, there's just too much physically restraining stuff embellishing the car that will drag it down. If you look at the top speed 240Zs that are built for things like the Texas Mile and sanctioned top speed contests you'll notice that most usually top out around 170mph regardless of how much power they generate and the ones that do break that barrier are usually kitted to all hell to the point where they look like rocket cars with sleek bodies and lines. If it takes a flying mile to accelerate a specialty built car like that, what makes you think a street car S30 can make it with just drivetrain mods on a highway where there are turns and other cars present.

This post has been edited by The J on May 18 2012, 11:16 AM
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 18 2012, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

for it's time the S30 was a beast car.... for it's era. now adays we have cars that are x2 faster and more reliable. but look at that 280ZX i posted look at all that work and money and it only hit 179mph.was never fully able to hit 200mph.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 18 2012, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ryo510 @ Today, 9:00 AM)

You know why they call it F1? Because it was meant to be installed in F1-sanctioned cars. The 240Z wasn't really meant to go as fast as 300km/h to begin with; the aerodynamics prevented this from happening... well, it was only a part of it, anyway. And even if you install the W16 of the Veyron on a Civic, there'd still be limiting factors before it could reach the speed you desire...

Just my two centavos.
PMEmail Poster
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: May 18 2012, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,552

Gonna build a 300kmh Scion bB/xB

COME AT ME BROS
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 19 2012, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

QUOTE (S12 Drifter @ Yesterday, 3:25 AM)
ever felt a S30 at 90mph? I've been told over and over it's scary, the front feels weird, and I'm sure that can be fixed with LOTS of ducting and aerodynamic changes. the ZG front would help greatly with aerodynamics.

Been there, done that. Did 100 in a stock 280Z. One time while doing that the hatch popped open from all the air pressure (it was a finnicky hatch that you really had to slam to get it to latch fully). It does feel light in the front, but it's not uncontrollable.

Did around the 90 area in a stock 240Z and it did feel a little lighter than the 280Z did, but again, not uncontrollable. I also happen to know someone who did over 140 in a modified 240Z, the modifications being only a front splitter and an L28ET.

Trust me, it doesn't take much in terms of 'ducting and aerodynamic changes' to change the driving dynamics of an S30Z at high speed. Add a front splitter and a lip spoiler. You would be amazed how much of a difference just that makes. The spoiler even helps reduce exhaust gases getting sucked into the cabin. smile.gif

Am I saying you can hit 200 MPH like that? Hell no. I'm not touching that discussion because watching you all argue about it and make up fantasy parts makes me giggle incessantly. I'm only dealing with the part that's realistic but wrong from personal experience.
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 19 2012, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

QUOTE (Yoshida Seiji @ Today, 1:13 AM)
Gonna build a 300kmh Scion bB/xB

COME AT ME BROS
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: May 19 2012, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,552

QUOTE (S12 Drifter @ 1 hour, 26 minutes ago)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWUgfhM-6vg

Maaaaan, those are some weak ass burnouts.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 19 2012, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Everyone is happy about this post. happy.gif

This post has been edited by ryo510 on May 19 2012, 07:34 AM

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by The J on May 19 2012, 08:56 AM.
  - Reasons: Do not spam your thread with a post that doesn't say anything. We are not happy about this post..
PMEmail Poster
Lorenzo*
Posted: May 19 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,205

just for curiosoty... whats the record held by the fastest car on the wangan. who really is the fastest what car etc..
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
ryo510
Posted: May 21 2012, 04:05 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (Lorenzo* @ May 19 2012, 12:21 PM)
just for curiosoty... whats the record held by the fastest car on the wangan. who really is the fastest what car etc..

No one knows that. Isn't these info be kept secret on local police HQ?
PMEmail Poster
Exqlusive
Posted: May 21 2012, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 6,336

user posted image
PM
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 21 2012, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ryo510 @ 37 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
No one knows that. Isn't these info be kept secret on local police HQ?

The gods have granted me to choose a facepalm of my own liking.

SPOILER
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 21 2012, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

That's enough you guys. While his statement is ludicrous to the point of being hilarious, disrespecting him to this level isn't constructive.

@Ryo510: There's no secret conspiracy by local police against street racers in Japan with them secretly keeping tabs on local records. I don't know where on earth you got that idea but that's pretty deluded.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 22 2012, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Police force in Malaysia did not say anything about speeding ticket. I've asked some of them and they seems don't know about it. So I think whether the record has to be kept in secret or the people I asked did not even know.
Here's some fact, a normal traffic police officer in Malaysia care his/her own life and won't risk chasing a racer. The ones that do most of them are being taught to drive fast and/or was a underground racer before(google search Mat Rempit). And those massive operation aiming to crackdown illegal racer in Malaysia was done once in a while, still there are many racer-wannabe in Malaysia.
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: May 22 2012, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

orly?
dude..thats Malaysia...what our way is not their way...think about it...and stop trying to say that "oooh Wangan Midnight is realistic and shit" stuffs...Get over it.It's an anime/movie fiction..

And BTW,racer-wannabe's in Malaysia is retarded as fu*k..

*edit*
and now you got yourself a new title: OP is a Fa**ot...
The other members may show some compassion but not me...And i had enough of this..May the Mod's lock this thread..or if you want to see this little bugger to continue rambling whats fact and fiction.

This post has been edited by Benovelence on May 22 2012, 07:39 AM

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
  - Details: Warning has been issued to this post by The J on May 22 2012, 08:04 AM.
  - Reasons: Please don't disrespect other board members especially when they have not personally attacked you..
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 22 2012, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

What did I just say about destructive criticism? Stick to commentary that doesn't involve personal attacks. We'll close the thread only when we feel it's totally wrecked. As it is there are still talking points that can be addressed without childish name calling.

@Ryo: I understand English isn't your first language, but your posts are getting quite incoherent. I'm not quite sure what the point you were trying to make was in that last post.

(see how I told him what was wrong without calling him names? Now you try.)
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 22 2012, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

The point he was trying to make, without being impolite, is that talking about traffic cops in Malaysia has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to this thread.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 22 2012, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 19 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
The point he was trying to make, without being impolite, is that talking about traffic cops in Malaysia has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to this thread.

I mean Ryo's last post where he's talking about police not saying anything about speeding tickets or some such. I think you're referring to Benevolence's last post, the point of which I completely agree with: The police in Malaysia have nothing of anything to do with this thread.
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 22 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (The J @ Yesterday, 6:27 AM)
That's enough you guys. While his statement is ludicrous to the point of being hilarious, disrespecting him to this level isn't constructive.

Sorry, but I just find his claims baseless, and as you say, ludicrous. I mean, why would police want these records in the first place?
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 4 Pages  1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll