Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.  Rate:  
> If you want WMMT4 in NORTH AMERICA look here.
TACK
Posted: Dec 14 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,982

For all North American players if you want WMMT4 with an actual online server. Write to to any of the email listed on this page: http://www.namcoamerica.com/contact.php. These are the guys that decide wether it going to be release officially in the US. They are your overlords bow down to them.
PMEmail Poster
DriftingVG
Posted: Dec 14 2012, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Shuto ways

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,229

if i still worked at arcade i could easily get over a 100 e mails, shame though +1 from me.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
xeoreg
Posted: Dec 14 2012, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

hello there

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 175

There's no market in North America. It's just not worth Namco's hassle to set up servers here. Why? There's just simply not enough arcades or players in a condensed area like Asia to have a server running and maintaining all the data without making a significant profit.

If you can list 50 arcades with MT4 in a, say 300km radius, then maybe they will consider expanding.
PM
TACK
Posted: Dec 15 2012, 01:31 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

The culture of releasing 100s of different types of Pac Mans for the US market and not releasing actual games is what is killing the US market. If i wasn't already addicted to WMMT3 I wouldn't spend my time there (because the graphic are so dated I wouldn't give it the time of day.) except for maybe DDR and Tank Tank Tank. The fact of the matter is there are lots of great cool games for arcades.

Another example of a cool game I have yet to see in NA:
SPOILER

Problem is NA exec's are out of touch and only bring in games where cars do wheelies or full drift at feathers touch. They bring in games like Hummer or Dream Raider. Yes they are fun for 1 hour. However once you've played once you don't want to play again.

There are barely any challenging games substance being offered in the US and Canada. If it continues as such there might as well be zero arcades.

I lived in China for three years spent about 10% of that entire time in arcades and the ones people actually play are WMMT / DDR / Fighting Games / and straight up illegal gambling machines.

In Seattle a lot of people play different games. But the people I see coming back week after week are WMMT / DDR and Fighting games. Coincidence??

BTW: 3/11 games offer currently from Namco America are Pac Man games.
Besides Prize and Shooter games. They offer us TWO versions of dead heat which is a steaming pile o shit. So obviously they're as to what constitutes a good racing game. In other words message them.

This post has been edited by TACK on Dec 15 2012, 01:33 AM
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 15 2012, 01:42 AM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Member No.: 4,759

why don't you contact the NAMCO developers of WMMT then on their Opinions box?

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
TACK
Posted: Dec 15 2012, 02:12 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Because WMMT website is for the Japanese headquarters. Only Namco America is responsible for bringing WMMT 4 to North America. Just like 3dx and 3dx+ there were international versions available but Namco America didn't pick them up. AKA you had to buy those cabinets through grey markets.
PMEmail Poster
shefu
Posted: Jan 2 2013, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 1,744

im gonna be spamming them to infinity, until i hear that WMMT4 ends up being somewhere in the mid-atlantic!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
N643
Posted: Jan 2 2013, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 1,878

QUOTE (TACK @ Dec 15 2012, 02:31 AM)
The culture of releasing 100s of different types of Pac Mans for the US market and not releasing actual games is what is killing the US market.  If i wasn't already addicted to WMMT3 I wouldn't spend my time there (because the graphic are so dated I wouldn't give it the time of day.) except for maybe DDR and Tank Tank Tank.  The fact of the matter is there are lots of great cool games for arcades. 

Another example of a cool game I have yet to see in NA:
SPOILER

Problem is NA exec's are out of touch and only bring in games where cars do wheelies or full drift at feathers touch. They bring in games like Hummer or Dream Raider. Yes they are fun for 1 hour.  However once you've played once you don't want to play again. 

There are barely any challenging games substance being offered in the US and Canada. If it continues as such there might as well be zero arcades.

I lived in China for three years spent about 10% of that entire time in arcades and the ones people actually play are WMMT / DDR / Fighting Games / and straight up illegal gambling machines.

In Seattle a lot of people play different games.  But the people I see coming back week after week are WMMT / DDR and Fighting games.  Coincidence??

BTW: 3/11 games offer currently from Namco America are Pac Man games.
Besides Prize and Shooter games.  They offer us TWO versions of dead heat which is a steaming pile o shit.  So obviously they're as to what constitutes a good racing game.  In other words message them.

dude we have jubeat in vancouver so its actually here & also magic box (aka chinese jubeat) is full of sh1t

also most NA-ers are home base players not arcaders so the chances of setting a server here is very low as most ppl here are home based

This post has been edited by N643 on Jan 2 2013, 10:05 PM
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: Jan 3 2013, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

War Horse

Member No.: 6,920

Home base meaning consoles, right?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
blackcyborg009
Posted: Jan 3 2013, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,814

It's gonna be very difficult to get this in a place such as North America.

If ever it does hit the Western Hemisphere, then it may only be made available in some extremely-rich or heavily-funded establishment (such as the Round 1 establishment in California, USA).

Obviously, such an expensive game would never ever appear in your local Dave N' Busters or Chuck N Cheese or any other similar establishment.
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: Jan 3 2013, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

War Horse

Member No.: 6,920

While I agree I don't think D&B or Chuck-E-Cheeze would get it, I believe other franchises have a chance. Round 1, from what's been posted, would be an obvious place to have it, while in Nor-Cal, GolfLand arcades seem like a viable venue for it. It's just a matter of if they're willing to buy it. Nay-sayers be damned, if I don't here a yes or a no from whoever's in charge of buying games, then I won't believe there's an affirmative yes or no.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
ginkun
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 870

I don't think Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4, will hit United States. Because when I was selecting my "region" in my Banapassport, there's only the eastern part of the world such as: Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines etc. (I selected Philippines because I was playing there at the time). But there might be that 1% chance that somewhere in California they might hold Maximum Tune 4 there. But, they would have to make a proxy or spoof their IP to think they are eastern coast because there's no United States as a region... :( :( :(

Hopefully, someone or NAMCO will shed some light to the United States Region... :Xl:

p.s.
also Timezone in the Philippines, you pay 25PHP for one game of MT4 plus another 25PHP for online access = total of 50PHP, which is roughly $1.25 in USD.

It would be a very expensive game... probably $2.00 per game because the owner of the arcade has to pay for the online access and the Banapassports as well......

This post has been edited by ginkun on Jan 15 2013, 07:52 PM
PMEmail Poster
KSF
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

MT Veteran

Member No.: 1,114

QUOTE (ginkun @ 2 hours, 57 minutes ago)
I don't think Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 4, will hit United States. Because when I was selecting my "region" in my Banapassport, there's only the eastern part of the world such as: Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines etc. (I selected Philippines because I was playing there at the time). But there might be that 1% chance that somewhere in California they might hold Maximum Tune 4 there. But, they would have to make a proxy or spoof their IP to think they are eastern coast because there's no United States as a region... :( :( :(

Hopefully, someone or NAMCO will shed some light to the United States Region... :Xl:

p.s.
also Timezone in the Philippines, you pay 25PHP for one game of MT4 plus another 25PHP for online access = total of 50PHP, which is roughly $1.25 in USD.

It would be a very expensive game... probably $2.00 per game because the owner of the arcade has to pay for the online access and the Banapassports as well......

Umm its $3.30 here in Australia and we considered western world are we not?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
AXEL
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

SRS 北カルフォルニア司

Member No.: 4,736

um, you can select usa as region because of tt2 btw

and fyi, that email is useless unless you are contacting them about mario kart or other known namco bandai games like dead heat already localized here.

This post has been edited by AXEL on Jan 15 2013, 11:18 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Team_MegaStar
Posted: Jan 15 2013, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

God, I Wish That Were Me

Member No.: 7,173

Round 1 might have a chance to get it cause i heard the cabs worth at least 20-40K per cab but i know they will get cause they got the money even they brought new pump it up 2013 version and intial D7 Round 1 Puente Hills will hope get it Not sure the one in Moreno Valley the new round 1 its a small version. Super Arcade in Walnut Ca its a possible yes or no cause its a fighting arcade now :( The Moreno Valley Round 1 is only Dx+ Japanese version

Chuck E Cheese Nickle Nickle and Gameworks wont get it they wont afford it and the GameWorks in Ontario is dead too expensive and waste of gas going there Maybe The New Bowling Place in Little Tokyo in Downtown LA its a possible cause i heard that they gonna get at least 5 techika 3 machines not sure its gonna be open hopelly they might get it first before round 1 gets it
PMEmail PosterMSN
ginkun
Posted: Jan 23 2013, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (Team_MegaStar @ Jan 15 2013, 11:16 PM)
Round 1 might have a chance to get it cause i heard the cabs worth at least 20-40K per cab but i know they will get cause they got the money even they brought new pump it up 2013 version and intial D7 Round 1 Puente Hills will hope get it Not sure the one in Moreno Valley the new round 1 its a small version. Super Arcade in Walnut Ca its a possible yes or no cause its a fighting arcade now :( The Moreno Valley Round 1 is only Dx+ Japanese version

Chuck E Cheese Nickle Nickle and Gameworks wont get it they wont afford it and the GameWorks in Ontario is dead too expensive and waste of gas going there Maybe The New Bowling Place in Little Tokyo in Downtown LA its a possible cause i heard that they gonna get at least 5 techika 3 machines not sure its gonna be open hopelly they might get it first before round 1 gets it

It's gonna be quite a while... Before any United States Arcade acquires Maximum Tune 4, seeing as there is a Network Infrastructure with Namco's Servers. Probably around June or July for Arcades in Cali. Hopefully Cali will get it sooner or later or at least have some good/bad news for the arcade players.
PMEmail Poster
Team_MegaStar
Posted: Jan 23 2013, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

God, I Wish That Were Me

Member No.: 7,173

QUOTE (ginkun @ 8 hours, 57 minutes ago)
It's gonna be quite a while... Before any United States Arcade acquires Maximum Tune 4, seeing as there is a Network Infrastructure with Namco's Servers. Probably around June or July for Arcades in Cali. Hopefully Cali will get it sooner or later or at least have some good/bad news for the arcade players.

oh i see :o yeah i heard players from Initial D they play wangan of course...Round 1 might may or not getting it cause i heard that the price per cabient is like 20K in dollars idk Round 1 is getting it but if they pitch in on the bid to get it. Yeah LA Ports been on strike for a while cause of low wages on the union workers so yeah i bet it will take until late spring early summer. I hope Namco USA will respond to get MT4 from Japan Namco
PMEmail PosterMSN
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Got Pedometer?

Member No.: 213

Times are changing and we've been with this issue many times.
Home consoles like Xbox and handhelds like iPads have taken peoples' times away. Nowadays, arcade games are just as casual as ticket winning games. Otherwise, nostalgic like Daytona, or innovating like jubeat.

Games like Wangan Midnight and Initial D are for more serious players and it is rather a niche market considering it takes $100 to tune a car, then another $200+ to dress up. Meanwhile people are satisfied with $1 iPad games that they can play for countless hours or gamers paying $60 for a new game to play for months. If full tuning a car in WMMT is gonna cost you $300, wouldn't you rather get a new iPhone or iPad that is more practical and can enjoy games as well?

It's only a matter of time before arcades become obsolete in North America (with few cities like Vancouver BC as exception), enjoy while it lasts
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
ginkun
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ Jan 28 2013, 09:19 AM)
Times are changing and we've been with this issue many times.
Home consoles like Xbox and handhelds like iPads have taken peoples' times away. Nowadays, arcade games are just as casual as ticket winning games. Otherwise, nostalgic like Daytona, or innovating like jubeat.

Games like Wangan Midnight and Initial D are for more serious players and it is rather a niche market considering it takes $100 to tune a car, then another $200+ to dress up. Meanwhile people are satisfied with $1 iPad games that they can play for countless hours or gamers paying $60 for a new game to play for months. If full tuning a car in WMMT is gonna cost you $300, wouldn't you rather get a new iPhone or iPad that is more practical and can enjoy games as well?

It's only a matter of time before arcades become obsolete in North America (with few cities like Vancouver BC as exception), enjoy while it lasts

I agree with you... and since the U.S. economy is going downhill.. arcades are closing left and right because people don't want to spend their money at an arcade when they can buy a home console PS3, XBOX, etc. and play countless hours without having to insert four quarters. I've been playing Forza Motorsport 4 and haven't gotten tired of it since I have so many cars on it, and friends online who play this game..

Unfortunately.. arcades in the U.S. will just be memories and will be taken over by XBOX, PS3, and PC.. no one wants to meet up somewhere when we can all just go online add your buddy, then invite him or her to your game, and play endlessly.

It's too bad arcades won't be the future of gaming.. :/

This post has been edited by ginkun on Jan 30 2013, 03:44 PM
PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Feb 5 2013, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

=MCR=

Member No.: 1,731

QUOTE (ginkun @ Jan 30 2013, 03:43 PM)
I agree with you... and since the U.S. economy is going downhill.. arcades are closing left and right because people don't want to spend their money at an arcade when they can buy a home console PS3, XBOX, etc. and play countless hours without having to insert four quarters. I've been playing Forza Motorsport 4 and haven't gotten tired of it since I have so many cars on it, and friends online who play this game..

Unfortunately.. arcades in the U.S. will just be memories and will be taken over by XBOX, PS3, and PC.. no one wants to meet up somewhere when we can all just go online add your buddy, then invite him or her to your game, and play endlessly.

It's too bad arcades won't be the future of gaming.. :/

Its ez to fix that if Namco is willing to put MT in PS3 like Sega did with ID , you can play ID4 endlessly on PS3 , some game is better then no game.
PMEmail Poster
ginkun
Posted: Feb 6 2013, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (e28 @ Yesterday, 6:51 PM)
Its ez to fix that if Namco is willing to put MT in PS3 like Sega did with ID , you can play ID4 endlessly on PS3 , some game is better then no game.

I disagree with that...

If NAMCO decides to port the Maximum Tune series into XBOX or PS3 consoles... they will lose revenue, and may not be able to continue creating the Maximum Tune series...

In a business standpoint, I believe keeping Maximum Tune in the arcades is better for the market because NAMCO will collect their income from the machines they've sold, the cards they sell, and the online services NAMCO provides to run the servers for TTT2 and MT4.

So, it's a very slim chance that anyone will see NAMCO port the Maximum Tune series onto home consoles...

p.s.
But in my opinion it would be nice to see max tune on home consoles :)
PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Feb 7 2013, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

=MCR=

Member No.: 1,731

QUOTE (ginkun @ Yesterday, 7:26 AM)
I disagree with that...

If NAMCO decides to port the Maximum Tune series into XBOX or PS3 consoles... they will lose revenue, and may not be able to continue creating the Maximum Tune series...

In a business standpoint, I believe keeping Maximum Tune in the arcades is better for the market because NAMCO will collect their income from the machines they've sold, the cards they sell, and the online services NAMCO provides to run the servers for TTT2 and MT4.

So, it's a very slim chance that anyone will see NAMCO port the Maximum Tune series onto home consoles...

p.s.
But in my opinion it would be nice to see max tune on home consoles :)

I disagree with that ,we have id on ps3 and i see tons of people play id7 . Why, its still defferent then ps3 id , on net café 10 years ago people can play any game at home but net café still packed with people , it has defferent customer base. Whenever there are new ver people will go and play.
PMEmail Poster
ginkun
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Any news if North America is getting Maximum Tune 4 or if California is going to get Max tune 4? :(
PMEmail Poster
Arz2003!
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 124

So USA will never see MT4? Well i guess is back to playing DX or plus at r1 since im banned from a certain arcade :-"
PMEmail PosterAOL
ginkun
Posted: Mar 15 2013, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

I think North America will not see the light of Maximum Tune 4 at all.....

:( :(
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 3 Pages  1 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll