Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.09 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.09 average.  Rate:  
> Accel Code, A not-so-complicated tale of racing :)
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Apr 22 2013, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (Benovelence @ 3 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
oi nigga,where you at...where yo ass at?

PC DIED ON ME HOMIE, THING CAN'T TAKE ANY MO' OF MY ABUSE

I'M AT A NET CAFE SHIZZLING MY NIZZLES
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Wraith-chan57
Posted: Apr 22 2013, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Gensokyo's Element Doll

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,929

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B-+ @ 5 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
PC DIED ON ME HOMIE, THING CAN'T TAKE ANY MO' OF MY ABUSE

I'M AT A NET CAFE SHIZZLING MY NIZZLES

No wonder laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
TouyaShiro
Posted: Apr 22 2013, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,260

Guys, I know this whole section of the forums has been kinda loose, but I recommend that you don't drag this conversation on for too long. ^.^;

(Trivia/quiz thing: Try to see if you can spot part of this story's development legacy in my previous post! Shouldn't be too hard.)
PMEmail PosterMSN
Akiko
Posted: Apr 26 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 8,744

Oooh...an amazing chapter, Rin! ohmy.gif

Vanessa sure scored it big on her first debut...!

And drat those members in Adachi's team can be so snobby at times. :V

I really like how the race is written here and how detailed it can be from start to finish.

Very nice indeed, keep up the good work, Rin!

Anyway...I wonder who's the person at the end of chapter?
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

QUOTE (Akiko @ Yesterday, 11:38 PM)
Oooh...an amazing chapter, Rin! ohmy.gif

Vanessa sure scored it big on her first debut...!

And drat those members in Adachi's team can be so snobby at times. :V

I really like how the race is written here and how detailed it can be from start to finish.

Very nice indeed, keep up the good work, Rin!

Anyway...I wonder who's the person at the end of chapter?

your mother.
Rin
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 8,187

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B- @ +1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
your mother.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_XOdU40Zm08 )

This post has been edited by Rin on Apr 27 2013, 06:44 AM
PMEmail Poster
クロイ
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 8,242

Sorry for the late feedback, Rin. Work has been getting on to me bit by bit.

Anyway...Chapter 2 is astonishingly well done on both the build up of Vanessa's debut and her first race against someone half-decent at least.

One thing I am sure is that Megu may still have some chances to win if she prep her tyres before the battle with Vanessa. Her overconfidence that she can still win with her lowered tyres against someone just because she's an outsider is what got the better of Megu. The outcome is obvious, needless to say.

In my book, S15's specs may have been better than the Megane R26.R despite the weight advantage's difference.

I would appreciate it more though if you can give a bit more specific description on Megu's S15 (including custom mods on the car itself). Otherwise, I can only assume that Megu's car is a horsepower-increased S15 with not much tuning whatsoever. (Is that the case?)

All in all, wonderful lengthy chapter. And as RB33 said; it would be awesome if we can delve into Vanessa's past to see just how can she be so adaptive on mountain pass roads. Something tells me already that she is definitely no average driver before she moved in Saitama.

But I am sure eventually that too will be answered eventually. biggrin.gif

Finally...jeez, who IS that person in the end?
PMEmail Poster
Rin
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (クロイ @ 32 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
Finally...jeez, who IS that person in the end?

....your mother. 8D

Nah just kidding. You'll see eventually.

For now, thanks for the feedback man.
PMEmail Poster
Kenzz
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

i wanan b da berry best

Member No.: 5,492

Ah crap, too much to read, Rin please give me your files of your works of current progress next time on skype/msn or something.
So i will read it on the train whenever i go and in the mood to read.

Also do you know anyone who would rate my thread 1 star off the bat. *looks at you*

This post has been edited by grimsolace on Apr 27 2013, 04:47 PM
PM
Rin
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (grimsolace @ 5 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Also do you know anyone who would rate my thread 1 star off the bat. *looks at you*

How would I suppose to know? :v

I haven't even read your stuffs yet. :/

and eh...if you're on skype, I might hand it to you.
PMEmail Poster
Kenzz
Posted: Apr 27 2013, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

i wanan b da berry best

Member No.: 5,492

Alrighty, next time I'm online I'll ask.
PM
TouyaShiro
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

While I could hazard a guess as to who that person at the end was, I'm not going to. I've already been handed enough development secrets; I'd like to keep the rest a surprise (especially considering it had been a while before Rin got back that I had actually talked or looked at anything Accel Code-related. At least then I could go "...oh yeah, now I remember what he sent me!")

This post has been edited by TouyaShiro on Apr 28 2013, 09:01 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
Rin
Posted: May 1 2013, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Well cock...I guess I finished sooner than I thought on this one...

Oh well, time for another slow chapter. ;p

Code 3: First Trigger - Part Two

Saburo was yawning at the LED TV screen, other than daily news report, he already watched them all. And it seems like the entertainment channels weren’t showing any programs that seemed to interest him one bit at all. He turned the television off and got off from his couch. As he stretches his arms slightly and took his Motorola Razr MAXX phone off the charger after it’s gone to the max battery level, he puts it inside his pocket and walked upstairs to his own room.

“Nothing but shit on TV...as usual.” Saburo thought. He opened the door and closes it. The clock shows it was 10:32 A.M, but he still don’t quite feel like staying awake as there isn’t much for him to do today. It was Saturday and his schedule was empty. Much as it was a pain in the neck for him to check on minor stuffs like his mailbox or the forums, he has to at least take a peek to it just so that he doesn’t feel like he’s being overly lazy.

“Guess I’ll just check my email and take a nap. Sakuya’s not here to bug me today and no one’s pissing me off. Perfect.” Saburo booted on his black-colored PC and as it completes the loading to the OS of the computer, the Wifi system immediately connects him to the internet with optimum connection speed rate.

Saburo just clicked on to the Google Chrome and checked on to the usual forum of the Japan-Series Racing - SV Community, while opened up another tab to check on his own mail in his page. Thankfully, there weren’t a single unread message on it as he surely isn’t in the mood to deal with unknown mails or mails from Sakuya.

However, back to the TRC forums, he noticed that there is a hot-topic going on at the Shoumaru Pass section. Saburo raised an eyebrow, curious about what is with the sudden commotion at that spot. He knew the Shoumaru Pass section was always quiet and up to now, there hasn’t been much activity there other than maybe a few posts on a few weeks or so, because that spot is not really the hot-spot for street racers to go. The course layout on that area is just hellish and isn’t exactly safe for everyday racing.

“...wouldn’t hurt to check I guess.” Saburo hovered the cursor on his PC and clicked on the said section and the new unread posts since his last visit was just staggering.

Everyone was talking about the mysterious foreign rider that defeated the S15 last night across the Shoumaru Pass and Adachi’s team was sent into a shock when that happened. Nobody predicted that the lime-green hot-hatch would be capable of defeating the S15 at such a twisty road.

But much to Saburo’s knowledge on that team, he can only assume that the foreign car may have a more balanced power output to cope with the narrow and twisty course where raw power isn’t all that useful. That and the driver simply possess good reflexes and knowledge on the course. However...there is one question that came to his mind.

“...how the hell did this kid managed to memorize the layout of the course so easily?” even Saburo scratched his head for a while in disbelief, and thinking it may be a bit too good to be true, so he skimmed through post after post to check if he can dig out any more information regarding about the driver that defeated Megu. And from what the posts said, it seems that many of them mentioned that the driver was already quite an experienced one before she even moved in to Japan. He also found out the name of the driver through these posts.

Her name is Vanessa Anderrson.

And as Saburo continued on to skim through the pages of the unread posts, he noticed that even Sakuya has posted there and it writes:

“So a foreign kid with sick talent has landed on our home huh? Might as well give her a warm welcome! Can anyone tell when she’ll show up? Leave a message please! Thanks!”

“...so Sakuya knew this already huh...” Saburo sighed. He then proceeds to see a few more posts and try to figure out more about Vanessa but unfortunately, he can’t dig anything else worth his attention. So, he simply closes the browser and turned off his computer, then leaned back on the chair he sat on while take a glimpse outside the window where the breeze is blowing gently. “Guess something unusual is happening after all...maybe this won’t be as boring as I thought...”

----------------------------------------

It is now 1:00 PM and things weren’t exactly going well for Sakuya in her garage. She was still working on the Ford Granada that she has spent days and nights on and with the front hood still open and the engine of the Boss 302 Mustang still being exposed, it’s obvious that she is still working on installing something to complete the inner tune on the Ford.

There was a supercharger installed in the machine now and inside the car it seems like the entire internal parts were already overhauled and looks refreshed, even though it’s only on half a progress. Sakuya is still working on the engine to make sure it has a consistent power output along with tracking some records to see if the supercharger is working properly.

“Ergh, crap on a cracker...still got so much to do on this thing... At this rate, I don’t think I’ll be able to mess with the Supra anytime soon...” The redhead turned her attention to the red JZA80 that is parked next to the Ford Granada about a few meters away inside her garage. The car’s front tires were missing, and it seems the brake calipers were taken out halfway. Its hood was popped open as well with its 3S-GTE engine exposed. “800...no, too unstable. Maybe 700? No...that’ll still kill the driver if he or she’s got a heavy foot...hmm....”

Much as it displease her to work on the same car all the time without much progress, she had no choice as it is slowly coming together piece by piece as the car is just missing its front tires and it would seem that the car is now fitted with Endless brake calipers and pads, only the engine and the transmission is left to do before completion with a dyno run to make sure the numbers satisfy her. Before she continue to work, there are still some things that she needs to get done first.

Sakuya walked towards her working desk and reached for her red Nokia Lumia 900. Needless to say; she unlocked the phone to see if there’s any new messages there from her contacts.

And there is one unread mail from Saburo. That alone has sent her on a momentary cloud nine. Then again, what wouldn’t? Chances for her mega crush that is currently in an unrequited love relationship with her to give her any mail or even emails are minimal to unlikely to happen at all. And this is definitely saying something.

“Oh,Prince...!” Sakuya thought out loud. “I wonder what’s up?”

She opened the mail as it was written as ‘Urgent’. Of course, whenever Saburo writes a mail, it’s always about serious matters and he doesn’t like beating around the bush. Sakuya opened the content and it reads:

“Sakuya, bring whatever car you can at the moment and meet me at Happogahara tonight. There’s something I need your help on and no, we’re not racing anyone, so don’t get any cute ideas, got it?

I just need you to help me prep some spare tires for my 180, so be sure to bring a car with a decent trunk that can pack some. I know you’re definitely not one to take orders from me of all people, but I am going to do a practice run on the course to confirm something before I leave Tochigi Prefecture tomorrow. Don’t ask where I am going though, but if you want to follow along, knock yourself out and suit yourself. That’s all.

Remember: We’re not going to race anyone tonight. Just bring a truck or something, I don’t care.”

“Well bummer...” Sakuya said. “Ah well...a good time to meet with him at least for a reason! And...who knows? Maybe I can get a chance to meet up with that young gun that beat the pants off that cocky S15 driver from Adachi’s cheesy team!”

Sakuya already knew of the rumors that were spreading like a wildfire at Saitama area where the foreign street racer got challenged by Adachi’s team in a one-on-one race at outbound route of the twisty and treacherous Shoumaru Pass. It was such a huge buzz that what happened in Happogahara doesn’t seem like a big deal at all and Saburo’s unintentional victory over Souichiro’s NA6CE seemed to be the least interest topic, all because the foreign young driver jumped in Saitama and stole the show literally.

Everyone already knew that Megu, the representative of Adachi’s team got choked when she overlooked the obvious fact that her S15’s tires were not in the condition for an all-out battle, but Megu was arrogant, obviously taking the driver too lightly and paid the price for it and faced the worst kind of humiliation a street racer can experience; losing in her own homecourse that she had claimed territory on.

Vanessa Anderrson - the driver of the mysterious green Renault R26.R became the most talked about racer at the Saitama area for her first victory against a team-member of a local higher-tier team that has taken her far too lightly simply because she is a Gaijin - an insult term used to address a foreigner as an ‘outsider’, something that foreigners don’t take lightly in general when they are living in Japan.

However, as much as Sakuya knows, Vanessa took the insult very well and instead of arguing back, she let her driving do the talking and the team as well as the locals that were having doubts on her abilities were sent to shock and she ended up making a massive impact.

There’s nothing more exciting than watching a potential foreigner in Japan to be versatile in what could possibly be the most popular form of racing sport next to professional driving. It is also a good chance to see just how much the locals’ skills have developed that can match against the other countries, rather against their own all the time. Even Sakuya knows that just by meeting her someday, it would be a good chance to show what she can really do as both a tuner and as a driver, and she may even score herself a new friend.

However, back to the reality; Sakuya is rather skeptical on whether to listen to Saburo’s advice or not. She wishes to test her Supra as soon as possible by tonight after she is done prepping the tires on it, however -- doing that would mean ignoring Saburo and it may instigate into race events impending; which would’ve annoyed him to no end. Then again, Sakuya knew that the person she has a crush on would be understanding enough, even though he is easy to irritate for whatever mess Sakuya may get herself into; so...what could possibly go wrong?

Sakuya replied on her mail as she touch away on the screen of her phone in response to her friend’s message.

“Sure, no problem! I will be there in a jiffy! Oh, and just so you know, I don’t mind being the fetcher once in a while!

Good luck on your practice tonight! And who knows; we might even run into Vanessa Anderrson! (I mean sure she’s currently at Saitama Prefecture, but hey! One can hope, right?)

So yeah...’kay bye!”

Sakuya pressed the send button and replied the mail. She then proceeds to create another new message and typed:

“P.S: Hey, can you fetch me too sometimes? I won’t mind staying elsewhere other than my home for a night, ya know...?”

Sakuya giggled to herself before deleting that wishful message. She would love to convey her feelings to him as bold as possible, but that message would be overdoing it, because obviously Saburo would just be appalled and disgusted by it, if anything else.

And with that being said, the redhead tuner walked back to the staffroom of her garage and take a short break before she continued with the red Supra that still sitting motionless on the spot next to the completed Ford Granada. She grabbed a can of Pepsi and popped it open from a refrigerator and take a look at the pictures of multiple engines that has the logo of Muscle-Brotherhood over them. It was the works of her previous times and all of them seemed to bring back memories of her progress as well as what she has done before.

“Now....what to do next on the Supra?” Sakuya thought as she turn her attention back to the red Toyota while taking a sip off the Pepsi...

Meanwhile, it was a fair afternoon on the shop of Mr. Onizuka when the owner is cleaning the doorway off some leaves with his broomstick. He was looking at the parking bay and much to his curiosity, there were a number of street-racing cars parked on the far left side of the lot. Most of them were Honda Civics and a few Mazda RX-7s. It looks like they were discussing something and Onizuka is trying to eavesdrop as much as he can, even from a far distance, he could at least hear them faintly because they were speaking out loud.

“Huh...those guys are at it again huh...?” Onizuka thought as he listened to the chatter.

“And so I said; Anderrson can never win cause she’s a Gaijin, and BAM! She just blown Megu-san out of the water directly on Shoumaru Pass!! Can you believe it?” One of the drivers said in an excited manner, he was almost jumping with enticement. “I literally eat my own words since then!”

“Well...I guess it’s natural that eventually some people like her will show up once in a while; someone special, ya know...?” Another driver added. “I really wanted to race her and experience it myself; what it’s like to race against someone out of our country and to measure up our skills with someone that took racing just as serious as we do.”

“Then again...what about that 180SX? You know; the black one with a dented front end?” A driver sitting on an RX-7 FD3S asked. “I heard the Speed Buster guys were quite pissed at them being punked in a non-legit race during that Happogahara run...that driver in the 180 must’ve got guts, challenging the Mazda Roadster so openly like that...using a dented car of all things...!”

“He probably isn’t a street racer...anyone would’ve fixed their cars if they really wished to race for serious.” Another driver leaning on a yellow FC3S said. “He’s just probably lucky...so...it must be coincidence.”

“There’s no such thing as that big a coincidence, dude...” The FD driver shot back, not believing a word of it. “Anyone with good driving skills that can burn Souichiro-san that casually must’ve practiced a lot. Hell, knowing that; I just realize that I need to practice a hell lot more on my routine or I’ll be next one in line someday!"

“Screw it, man...I am coming with you all!” The first Civic driver concurred.

“Me too!! Let’s just keep in mind who we’re supposed to look out for and race hard tonight while practice hard for the day!”

All the drivers got into their cars and started their engines as they drove away from the parking lot and head straight back to the mountain pass near Happogahara. As the cars disappear into the roads, Onizuka can hear another car’s engine sound echoing from a different direction. It was a familiar sound to him and now he smiles upon seeing the vehicle that has just arrived.

It was the black 180SX, and the familiar dented front end is immediately recognizable to Onizuka’s narrow eyes.

“Oh, good timing Misaka!” Onizuka exclaimed, pleased at the young driver’s arrival.

As Saburo got out from the car’s door, he shuts it off and locked the car away before sticking his keys into the pocket. He walks into the shop and meet up with the shop owner, knowing that the parking lot is now deserted.

“What’s up, Mr Onizuka...? You sure seemed like you’re in good mood today...” Saburo sighed, slightly curious at the man’s reaction on seeing him arrive.

“Oh, nothing.” Onizuka replied smiling. “Just overhead some rather interesting stuffs that’s been happening lately around the mountains....and frankly, some of them relate to you, kid.”

“Really? Hadn’t noticed.” Saburo replied sarcastically, scratching his head for a moment. He knew that news will eventually spread along with the more recent buzz that is happening around Saitama eventually, so he really shouldn’t be surprised about it at all, if anything else.

“Well, that’s what your mother would say everytime people talked about her...you both are very much alike; never gives a crap about things that doesn’t involve you at first place.” Onizuka chuckled, much to Saburo’s mild annoyance.

“Do you really have to bring my mom into this?” Saburo sighed, scratching his head.

“Sorry, can’t help it. I mean your mother is a special person once at the stage of racing before she dedicate herself to science once she leave the house to you when you’re still at a younger age.” Onizuka explained.

“Don’t remind me that...” Saburo uttered, certainly not in the mood to talk about his family for now. “Anyway, what else did you hear about?”

“Oh...nothing in particular. But eh...I think...they also talked about some...girl that raced in Saitama last night.” Onizuka stuttered, still feeling uncertain if what he overheard from the drivers were correct. “You know, the one that is said to be beating an S15 Silvia or something...I am not sure of the exact details myself so....yeah...that’s pretty much it. The boys seemed hell-bent on challenging this kid. I heard she’s a foreigner too.”

“...” Saburo knew whom Onizuka was talking about exactly. “Anything else?”

“Nothing...haha...strange how these interesting buzzes happen nowadays. Even though it’s only two of them...” Onizuka chuckled. As they both continued on with their chatter, all of a sudden there seemed to be another car arriving at the parking lot. It was a green car with an unfamiliar logo and it’s a hot-hatch with red rims.
As the car parks it on a vacant spot right on the left side of the shop a few meters away, both Saburo and Onizuka watched as the driver shuts off the engine and opened the door.

“Oh...now that’s an unfamiliar car...strange that the driver choose such a fancy color though.” Onizuka commented. “What make is it...? I don’t think I see that emblem often. Must be an import.”

“...” Saburo examined the car as it is carrying a Saitama tag. Then once the driver steps out, she was a petite young girl that has ponytailed brown hair and clear blue eyes. She also wears a darkish green hoodie with blue short pants and striped leggings of green and black with her gray shoes with green highlight colors on the top. She walks towards the vacant space and took a deep breath on the scenery of the parking lot that doesn’t seem to have any cars on the area.

“Ah...boy it sure is a fresh experience to drive on different prefectures once in a while to kill some time...!” The girl thought out loud as she stretches her arms a little bit. “Sure...I used a bit of gas money there, but at least I took some shortcuts along the way with a few highway pass...ah well. No biggie...so this is the Tochigi Prefecture eh...”

“Well she’s quite a young one, isn’t she? Doesn’t look like she’s from around here though...” Onizuka added to his remark, only to be replied by Saburo’s deadpan snarky response.

“She isn’t.”

“Oh, people! Great!” The girl thought as she walks towards the shop where Onizuka and Saburo are standing on. “Hey misters! Hello!!”

“Hello, young lady. How can I help you?” Onizuka welcomed the girl, just like treating a customer in his shop as usual. Saburo on the other hand just sticks his hands in his pocket and ignored the girl for a moment, instead of her, he is rather curious at the lime-green car instead. Obviously the car is definitely not from locals and it’s unusual to see imports to pass by mountain passes nowadays. So who might this driver be or what might the car be? The diamond logo certainly rings some bells into Saburo’s head, but he still can’t quite place it yet.

“Say, did you know the mountain passes in this prefecture? I mean it is said that this place is famous for a lot of tough-to-run courses! I am not from around here, you see...so, I eh, I just want some directions, that’s all!” The girl said cheerfully. Then she turned her attention to a refrigerator that stores canned drinks. “Ooh! Sweet, you got Ice-cream soda?! I’ll take two, please!”

She reached and grabbed two cans of Ice-cream sodas and paid the said price on those beverages.

“Thank you, young lady.” Onizuka thanked the brunette for the purchase. “And if you’re here to look for mountain passes, not too far from here, you can get to the Happogahara pass. The course is very twisty with a lot of uneven tarmac though, so you should be careful when you’re navigating through there.”

“Ah, I see. Thanks, Mister....uh....”

“Onizuka, young lady.”

“Oh, right...! Thanks, Mr. Onizuka!” The girl hopped outside the steps as she noticed Saburo leaning on a sign next to the shop there, doesn’t seem to be paying attention to anything. That’s when she noticed that he has different colors on his eyes and particularly, the red left eye got her attention the most. She was freaked out for a short moment, but it didn’t take too long to notice that it wasn’t so scary after all. Saburo however; still isn’t paying attention to the girl just yet...hardly even locks his eyes on her if anything else. “Hey, bro!”

The girl tried to greet Saburo, but it didn’t did much to get his attention. Saburo only glared at her with cold eyes for a while before slowly turning his eyes off again.

“Come on, what’s with the silent act, dude?” The girl asked in a slightly squeaky tone with her eyebrows raised. It’s definitely not the kind of reaction she expect from usual Japanese teenagers. “You’re not mute, are you?”

“...what do you want?” Saburo asked.

“Oh, great. I thought the cat got your tongue.” The young girl said sarcastically. “You’re a local here, right? Why don’t you show me the way along?”

“You already got your directions there, right?” Saburo shot back coldly. “Just drive where Mr. Onizuka told you to and be done with it. You definitely have more time there to examine the course than I do...so why bother?”

“Aww, don’t be like that, Mr. Scowl-face. Lighten up!” The girl tried to encourage him still. “It would be a lot better to have a local guide me along, I mean that Happo-whatever must’ve been a very difficult road, right? Why risk the car crashing if you can have a local guide for safety measures?”

“You’re scared of crashing? Don’t drive there then. Simple.” Saburo shot back again. “I don’t have that kind of free time, sorry.”

“If you don’t have free time, then why are you hanging around here?” The girl asked with a smugly grin. “Are you busy here? Are you working or something?”

“...” Saburo knew that’s when he has to bail when the girl said something that has a point. Much as she is right about him not doing anything, he certainly isn’t going to stick around and let her talk her way in to convince him to do something tedious. Besides, Saburo isn’t exactly in the mood to do any cruising on mountains either other than paying a visit to Onizuka for a while. “Didn’t you have a GPS? Why not use that instead?”

“Not on my car, bro! If I do have it I wouldn’t even be stopping by here hoping to ask for some directions at least!” The girl snap back. “Anyway, what’s with your eyes? Why are they different in color? Are you by any means a mixed inheritance?”

“You know I am not gonna answer, right?”

“Certainly not. But won’t hurt to try, right?” The girl smiled. “Well anyway, it won’t take long, I promise, okay?!”

“No.”

“Aww...come on, bro...you’re the only guy here now...!” The girl begged in a very fake manner, and Saburo certainly don’t feel like dealing with her.

“No.”

“Ah....alright then. No point in begging then...I guess you’re just too scared to drive with a girl.” The girl shrugged as she turns back and walks to her lime-green hot-hatch. “I thought more from the locals, shame!”

“Hey...” Saburo stopped her.

“Hmm? What is it now, Grumpy Face?” The girl made up another nickname for Saburo, only to be ignored by him entirely.

“...You could navigate pass the first two checkpoints at a consistent speed of 50 km/h because of the constant downhill slope on the routes. Once you made it pass the four-snake-hairpins that are constantly downhill, you could step it up a bit on the speed due to the width of the road being extended until the tunnel pass at the third checkpoint onwards. Then finally on the fourth checkpoint, you should mind the speed for there will be the time when the road is very narrow...that’s all.” Saburo advised the girl on the layout of Happogahara. He would never go and guide her using his own car, that is for certain, but she certainly could use some heads up at least, seeing as she came all the way from Saitama to Tochigi just to see the mountain passes here.

And of course; hearing that from Saburo simply put a big smile on the brunette’s face.

“Why thank you, Mr. Not-so-bad-guy-after-all...! I think I can take your word for that.” The girl said with a smugly smile, but Saburo can only sense a bit of gratefulness in her blue eyes, despite her spunky attitude. “Say, I almost forgot...what’s your name?!”

“...Misaka.”

“I mean your full name, silly! Otherwise I woulda made a ton of nicknames for you!”

“Saburo Misaka, there. Happy now? You need to examine the mountain pass right? Get going.” Saburo finally gave his name away to her and be done with it. The girl smiled mischievously at the success of triggering one hair at least on the mellow guy that she thinks it’s completely icy cool to the core of the heart. Turns out that he was a bit nicer than she expected.

“Alright then, Sabby! Pleased to be your acquaintance!!” The brunette saluted sarcastically as she turns back to the hot-hatch and opened the door. But just as she was about to enter the driver’s seat, she remembers something else that she needs to do at least. “Oh, I almost forgot!” She turns around and stared at Saburo with a really bright and lively face, one that is no longer showing any signs of sarcasm or spunk at least. It was a sincere smile on her face this time.

“Name’s Vanessa Anderrson! Remember my name, okay?”

“...!!” Saburo was shocked at the name when the girl finally revealed who she is. The person in question, the driver that defeated Adachi’s team member in Shoumaru Pass, was right in front of him all the time and he didn’t even notice!

“Oh, and nice 180 by the way! You eh...don’t plan on fixing that front end of yours yet?” Vanessa asked cheerfully. She knew the 180SX is definitely Saburo’s. And the dents on the 180 is certainly obvious enough to tell her that the car is needing repairs badly, just that the owner hasn’t bothered to do it so. “You’re not a racer, are you?”

“...No.” Saburo denied. “And I’ll worry about my own car, thanks.”

“Hmm...sure thing then...whatever you say! Later, Sabby! Oh, I’ll be sticking around here tonight! So hope to see you soon!! Maybe you can give me some pointers along the way on lining and stuff? Kay, bye!!” Vanessa chuckled. She starts the hot-hatch and drove off from the parking lot. Onizuka looks on from there as he turns his eyes back to the heterochromatic man.

“What’s the matter, kid? You look slightly surprised there for a second.”

“...nothing. Anyway...I’ll be there by tonight for some personal practice run.” Saburo said, walking slowly to his 180SX. “I’ll not be here by tomorrow, so...if there’s anything else you need from me, you could get it from Sakuya, just in case she’s not stupid enough to follow me.”

“Ah, sure....thanks for the heads up kid...you go and have fun, alright?” Onizuka said as he waved goodbye to Saburo while he opened the 180SX’s door. But before he went in, the shop owner stops him. “And hey, kid...”

“...what?”

“Learn to smile more often. Your mother would’ve been happy to see that someday. You don’t want to see your face freeze like that; just like her, did ya?” Onizuka chuckled sarcastically.

“...” Saburo just remained silent there for a moment before he starts the engine in his car and drove off to a different direction that Vanessa just took. Onizuka watched on from there as the black Nissan disappeared into the road.
He let out a sigh with a slight smile.

“He sure has his mother’s looks down...”

While driving still inside the Nissan, Saburo can only recall that one moment in particular when the brunette girl addressed her name to him. Certainly, he never would’ve expected to meet the girl so soon at that place.

“...So that’s the kid...it’ll probably be interesting to see how she measures up here...” Saburo thought as he shifted the gear up and accelerated away to the road that will eventually lead him back to the highway. “If Sakuya shows up tonight...it’s gonna be a long ass night...that’s for sure.”

Back at Saitama prefecture’s mountain pass... the Sadamine Touge is still pretty much alive with many street racers gathering about to discuss their plans on many ways of practicing and improving their driving. Many Japanese cars such as Nissans, Toyotas and Hondas were parked everywhere on the large parking areas near Sadamine. Everyone was gossiping and discussing about everything related to automotive racing all the way to meeting people with a reputation build. It was just barely 6:30 PM and the crowd there was immense and everyone was so alive with excitement of adrenaline rush...

“Hey...why don’t we practice another 3 more rounds together downhill and back to hillclimb?” One of the younger drivers said sitting on his Nissan Silvia S13.

“Sure...man, I never have been anymore excited than practicing on local streets since that kid blew one of Adachi’s team members out of the water! This just means we gotta practice like hell and up the ante so that we won’t repeat the same humiliation again from that time on Shoumaru!” Another young man agreed. “I’ve prepped the tires on my FD3S just for this occasion! This machine’s designed for turns! No way in hell it’s gonna lose to some fancy import! I am gonna bet my pride on this thing!”

“I want a piece of that girl too! No way am I gonna stand for letting her trample on our local stage so openly like that!” A female driver said, standing next to her Toyota Celsior. “I am gonna show her that we local female drivers can be just as competitive as she is!”

“Hell yeah!” Another girl added, standing next to a red Toyota AE86 Levin. “That girl may be skilled, but against a car that is made for mountains? Hah! She’ll need a miracle to win against my Eight-Six!”

“Some confidence you got there, girl.” Another skeptical male driver added from another side. “I would be the one to get the revenge on Adachi! My Integra will be the one to do the vengeance!”

Everyone was so pumped up for their practice in hoping to retain the glory lost on that day when Vanessa defeated Megu in Shoumaru Pass. The talk was as intense as a small election gathering, everyone seemed so heated up about discussing about driving techniques, machine tuning and so on. Meanwhile...from afar, a familiar group of female drivers were seen gathered at the other corner of the parking area where there isn’t as many people around.
It was none other than Adachi’s team.

Adachi was leaning on her R32, fuming about. Certainly she overheard a few people that talked about how her team screwed up because of overestimating the abilities of the outsider that they deemed as ‘weak’ but in the end, paid the price by losing. Vanessa isn’t someone that shreds pride of racers, but the victory she snatched from Megu in her S15 certainly had left its mark to the entire team.
Megu and Mikan were still sour about the loss obviously, and the air of uneasiness surrounds them when people glared at them passing by...

“So Adachi...” Megu began. “When do we plan our revenge?”

“Yeah...it’s not like we’re racing tonight...but we sure as heck need to plan some strategy at least in tonight’s practice runs.” Riko added.

“We practice 5 rounds tonight here.” Adachi suggested. “It won’t make up for the fact that we did lost due to our carelessness, but make sure everyone’s in top condition tonight. I will make another declaration across the internet and issue a public re-match back to Anderrson and see if she will accept it. This time; I don’t want any slack offs! We go all out and regain our glory. We’ll show the Saitama that there is a reason why we managed to climb up this far. One loss on our members won’t mean much so long as I am standing here still. Understand? Also, make sure you’re all using high-grip tires. The biggest key point in overcoming Anderrson is the use of tires. I certainly hope none of you all will repeat that same mistake again...alright?”

“...yes, Adachi.” Mikan, Riko and Megu agreed as they hopped on to their cars and started the engines. And as the Silvia, Supra and Altezza moved out of the parking lot and headed straight towards the path that will lead to the Sadamine mountain pass, Adachi sighed and glared at the crowd...

She bit her finger mildly in anxiety as she was obviously still worried about the person that has defeated her. Even up to now, she finds it hard to shake off the loss during that time. Adachi clenched her other hand in a tight fist as she narrowed her eyes angrily with fire.

“Just wait and see...Anderrson, next time we race, things won’t be so lucky for you anymore...!”

- つづく -

This post has been edited by Rin on Jun 21 2013, 07:08 AM
PMEmail Poster
Wraith-chan57
Posted: May 1 2013, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Gensokyo's Element Doll

Happy birthday Rin! Wish your fic the best of yours.

Reviewing tomorrow, okay?
PMEmail Poster
Rin
Posted: May 1 2013, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Sure thing man, no problem and thanks. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Wraith-chan57
Posted: May 1 2013, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Gensokyo's Element Doll

Oh boy, the next is gotta to be real hot as Adachi's fury.

Lol at the Sabby that Vanessa gave. That made me enjoyed this more. And Saburo's "meh" thingy shows up more.

This post has been edited by Wraith-chan57 on May 1 2013, 08:59 PM
PMEmail Poster
Jammy
Posted: May 1 2013, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tsun(dere)

Member No.: 8,068

QUOTE (Rin @ Today, 7:30 AM)
Sure thing man, no problem and thanks. smile.gif

Happy birthday Rin!

PMEmail Poster
Wraith-chan57
Posted: May 1 2013, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Gensokyo's Element Doll

QUOTE (Jammy @ 2 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Happy birthday Rin!

Oi, it's yesterday laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: May 2 2013, 06:02 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

dang it..missed the b-day..again...NOOOO~

nice chapter btw..enjoyed every bit of it....Also,did Sakuya sourced the 3S-GTE from TRD or from a Celica or something?
PMEmail Poster
Rin
Posted: May 2 2013, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (Benovelence @ 27 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
did Sakuya sourced the 3S-GTE from TRD or from a Celica or something?

Wouldn't you like to know about it? wink2.gif
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: May 2 2013, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

QUOTE (Benovelence @ 30 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
Also,did Sakuya sourced the 3S-GTE from TRD or from a Celica or something?

SHE GOT THE 3S-GTE FROM NO OTHER THAN ME NIGGA.
Rin
Posted: May 2 2013, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B-+ @ 1 minute, 59 seconds ago)
SHE GOT THE 3S-GTE FROM NO OTHER THAN ME NIGGA.

WHAT HE SAID YO!!! 8DDD
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: May 2 2013, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

Y U NO 2JZ???

Rin,i am disappoint....eh not really..
PMEmail Poster
Akiko
Posted: May 2 2013, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 8,744

Another great chapter! Though no races in this one, yet the flow of the story is still smooth and yet somewhat interesting and entertaining due to the dialogues.

I especially like how Sakuya is all excited and looking forward to anything related to racing or tuning cars, much like a young tuner. biggrin.gif Though I hope things will go well for her and Saburo. The guy sure as hell seemed hollowed out on returning feelings Sakuya. >:

But I can tell Saburo is still a jerk with a platinum heart, so who knows maybe someday he will soften up a bit? XD

As to Vanessa...oh god, her tendency in making up nicknames for anyone she met sure as heck is hillarious. laugh2.gif

Also...it's still quite an interesting question...just how did she be able to memorize the route in just a run or two on courses? Did she really have a good memory? Could it also be a disability in exchange to her strong brain memory power somehow? I mean her mental state seemed to show me that she is mentally below age at some point...

(Like how she is technically 19 years old, yet the way she speaks and behave seemed very much childish like a 13-15 year old. ohmy.gif No offence intended to those that really has this sort of affliction. )

Well, I hope my observation won't be odd, since I am just stating the possibility behind her good memory power may stem from her unusual brain activity that usually applies to a very few people in real world before.

All in all, Saburo and Vanessa finally met...I really wish to see what will happen next.

And something tells me too; that Saburo's mother...seemed to be another interesting figure to talk about...when Onizuka mentioned about her to Saburo.

Good work, Rin! Keep it coming! thumbsup.gif
PMEmail Poster
TouyaShiro
Posted: May 3 2013, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Huhuhu...more character introduction?
SPOILER

Now, I like this chapter a lot because it's a break from the racing. And ol' Vanny here with them nicknames! biggrin.gif
I'm sure there's gonna be a genius one coming later...once it arrives, I would like that moment to be met with disbelief from the one who received it! Glorious moment for all of us.

While I can point out the things that annoy me with the way it's written, it's best to keep my focus on the story. Otherwise, I'll end up becoming one of these people. (Don't deny it; you were this at one point)
...oh, and apologies if the video dialogue is inappropriate enough to be modded.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2lUnNrWUw )

For the record, the only reason I didn't miss Rin's birthday was because I was watching this thread at one point right on time, and I caught the forum notif. 4 hours later, he shows up sounding like Saburo when talking about his birthday experience for a brief moment.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is me most likely crossing the line. I'll quietly back away from the stage now.

This post has been edited by TouyaShiro on May 3 2013, 05:58 AM
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options 19 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll