Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.20 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.20 average.  Rate:  
> Lancer Evo X or Camaro?, Deciding my next car...

Which of these 2 beasts is better?
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X [ 12 ]  [38.71%]
Chevrolet Camaro SS [ 19 ]  [61.29%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
faizdanyal
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,928

One more thing to note, I always start tuning my car from scratch. Meaning no 600HP upgrade on start. All start in a clean slate. So I'll start tuning the chosen car from scratch too. Just to let you know. smile.gif

This post has been edited by faizdanyal on May 12 2013, 09:12 PM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
fkn
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 2,331

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 14 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
One more thing to note, I always start tuning my car from scratch. Meaning no 600HP upgrade on start. All start in a clean slate. So I'll start tuning the chosen car from scratch too. Just to let you know. smile.gif

If ur gunna wait 2 weeks, why dont u borrow someone elses and see how u like it
PMEmail PosterMSN
faizdanyal
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (fkn @ 4 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
If ur gunna wait 2 weeks, why dont u borrow someone elses and see how u like it

Or can I just test drive these cars Stock by doing TA on technical courses? (And straight drag tracks for speed and acceleration. smile2.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
fkn
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 4 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
Or can I just test drive these cars Stock by doing TA on technical courses? (And straight drag tracks for speed and acceleration. smile2.gif

It wont give u a good representation of the car

I thought that the Camero would be good when FT'ed (i started at 600)

But when you FT a car, you get a full feel of how it works and how it responds in turns, in battles and what the car is REALLY about

A non FT car wont give you that, especially if ur going to compare it to cars you previously have FT'd

Honestly, borrow someone elses, set everything to stock and try it out.
PMEmail PosterMSN
faizdanyal
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (fkn @ 4 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
It wont give u a good representation of the car

I thought that the Camero would be good when FT'ed (i started at 600)

But when you FT a car, you get a full feel of how it works and how it responds in turns, in battles and what the car is REALLY about

A non FT car wont give you that, especially if ur going to compare it to cars you previously have FT'd

Honestly, borrow someone elses, set everything to stock and try it out.

What I mean by Stock here is Stock everything, the external parts, performance and handling. Everything from scratch, as I said.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dare
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

You will not be able to judge how a car performs at its peak by driving a base untuned car
PMEmail PosterMSN
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 2 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
What I mean by Stock here is Stock everything, the external parts, performance and handling. Everything from scratch, as I said.

everything from scratch, that's pretty much a GUEST car.

fkn speaks the truth. seeing that you're from malaysia, why not check out the malaysian mt players thread and ask someone there for a test drive? wink2.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
fkn
Posted on May 12 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 3 minutes, 36 seconds ago)

And im telling you that a stock car (no DU and not FT'd) wont give you a good representation of the car in battles and TA

The only thing you will see is how it looks, and even that wont be good because it wont be taking the corners and the courses at full capacity.

I have a camero, as i have said, and when i FT'd it i was disappointed (personal opinion).

But if you want to go through the process of not testing a car before you FT it, go ahead. I'm just giving you (very) sound advice from someone who has a camero and had a Evo X (i wish i still had it).
PMEmail PosterMSN
vash944
Posted on May 12 2013, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (fkn @ 45 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
But if you want to go through the process of not testing a car before you FT it, go ahead. I'm just giving you (very) sound advice from someone who has a camero and had a Evo X (i wish i still had it).

@Thread starter
he's saying this just to not regret it heavily later on...

I even have a bone stock (N-ranked) EvoX on 3DX+, because TZ staff gave me that card and tried battling with fellow GUESTS and got thru 3rd place at the end because the boost priority was given better on GT-R's

You should ask at least a fellow Evo X player just to feel the car before you jump thru and if you might like it the better

actually in economic sense on starting at 600hp probably saving 20 game credits, unless you have just the dandy time to full tune it on scratch and just like what I did on my SVX, started on WMMT3 and updated on 3DX+ after Step11 and updated it on Step 30 on WMMT4 and now currently at step 31

S_Fan
Posted on May 12 2013, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 9,027

I think the right way of going about it is to drive the car you choose at first. For example, say you chose the EVO X, and the more you play, the more you will find out its own characteristics and what is best suited for you.

I mean, it is ideally to drive and compare between two different models instead of sticking to the one (forever). To improve, you gotta understand what both 5-speed and 6-speed transmission models has to offer in order to differentiate.

If it is in real life situation, stick with one, unless your rich. wink2.gif

PMEmail Poster
nicotam
Posted on May 13 2013, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Whatever...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,717

Coincidentally my main drive's also a R34...seconded on your views of the R34 since its properties is boosted in WMMT4 compared to 3DX+...

On topic...Camaro would be a better choice (its aero sets are WAAYY better than the Evo...how can you say they're futuristic...them are horrifically HIDEOUS but with the exception of set C)...and based on other forumers' opinions the Camaro makes a decent battle car and also for TA...

If you're considering on the other Chevys...here's my take:
C6 ZR1: 6-speeder, light but a bit stiff in turning...
C3 Stingray: 4-speeder, surprisingly smooth and fast for one...

Anyway...the decision is in your hands...

This post has been edited by nicotam on May 13 2013, 12:44 AM
fkn
Posted on May 13 2013, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

QUOTE (nicotam @ 12 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
If you're considering on the other Chevys...here's my take:
C6 ZR1: 6-speeder, light but a bit stiff in turning...

+1

way better lol
PMEmail PosterMSN
faizdanyal
Posted on May 13 2013, 02:17 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (nicotam @ 1 hour, 35 minutes ago)
C3 Stingray: 4-speeder, surprisingly smooth and fast for one...

Wait? You mean the Stingray C3 is only 4-Speed,right? Technically,you'll lose a LOT of speed when hitting the wall so... That's a VERY HUGE risk right there! ohmy.gif So,why do you think the C3 Stingray is reallly fast and smooth and if you can compare the Camaro with the Stingray,which would you prefer and why? Does the Stingray follows my 3 criterias?

This post has been edited by faizdanyal on May 13 2013, 02:22 AM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
fkn
Posted on May 13 2013, 02:47 AM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 29 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Wait? You mean the Stingray C3 is only 4-Speed,right? Technically,you'll lose a LOT of speed when hitting the wall so... That's a VERY HUGE risk right there! ohmy.gif

how did u calculate that?
PMEmail PosterMSN
vash944
Posted on May 13 2013, 02:56 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 39 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Wait? You mean the Stingray C3 is only 4-Speed,right? Technically,you'll lose a LOT of speed when hitting the wall so... That's a VERY HUGE risk right there! ohmy.gif So,why do you think the C3 Stingray is reallly fast and smooth and if you can compare the Camaro with the Stingray,which would you prefer and why? Does the Stingray follows my 3 criterias?

I dunno about the Transimission logic on WMMT4, pretty much the SVX is the beast on 4 gears, probably the C3 Stingray has decent to good boost, the only thing about 4 gears is easy shifting you don't need to shift down to 2 unless you got parked or burned severely otherwise just 3rd to 4th gear

and I've yet to see the top times in a few months if the Stingray is a great car for certain courses

so far in my place the Stingray has its raves and rants but it could fight SVX's superiority on the 4 gear cars
faizdanyal
Posted on May 13 2013, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (fkn @ 10 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
how did u calculate that?

Well, from what I know, Lancer EVO X is a 5-Speed and based on some forumers' views, the car tend to lose speed a lot because it's a 5 Speed. Like me, an Auto transmission regular, I felt that hitting walls = From 5th to 3rd Gear, thus, losing quite a lot of speed by gear loss. sleep.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
vash944
Posted on May 13 2013, 03:04 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 7 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Well, from what I know, Lancer EVO X is a 5-Speed and based on some forumers' views, the car tend to lose speed a lot because it's a 5 Speed. Like me, an Auto transmission regular, I felt that hitting walls = From 5th to 3rd Gear, thus, losing quite a lot of speed by gear loss. sleep.gif

problem with AT is delayed shifting logic... thus you get slower speeds, I too started on AT which the guys from MR-S (N.Mac's Team) taught me to learn MT the hard way =P

okay, if you still stick to AT the best way for that is to learn more footwork especially the timing and application of pressure of brakes and acceleration, like stomp brakes at a certain speeds of XXX to that red turn

I suggest try playing MT once in a while, you'll feel the difference on acceleration =/

Whitzwolf
Posted on May 13 2013, 03:22 AM
Quote Post

Yahallo! \^o^

Member No.: 8,312

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 25 minutes, 25 seconds ago)

user posted image

Learn to drive MT, understand a stock car =/= a full tuned car, learn to not hit the walls so you don't have to shift down

Then comment

This post has been edited by Whitzwolf on May 13 2013, 03:23 AM
PMEmail Poster
faizdanyal
Posted on May 13 2013, 03:24 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (Whitzwolf @ 1 minute, 3 seconds ago)

user posted image

Learn to drive MT, understand a stock car =/= a full tuned car, learn to not hit the walls so you don't have to shift down

Then comment

Sorry. tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
cabbie
Posted on May 13 2013, 03:30 AM
Quote Post

Pick up chicks!

Member No.: 5,963

dude i use AT and completed 1 round of jap challenge with the stingray.

S@R@H cleared 2 rounds of jap challenge on his non FTed ray with AT.

what logic is that ?
PMEmail Poster
fkn
Posted on May 13 2013, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 37 minutes, 28 seconds ago)

The immense speed lose happens when u hit the wall

Manual players go, eh.. watever

Auto goes - omg speed loss! Must shift down

If u didnt know, shifting costs u about .5 seconds of no acceleration, and with that comes a speed loss

So lets calculate

speed loss + speed loss = speed loss

get it?
PMEmail PosterMSN
date
Posted on May 13 2013, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 8,763

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 2 hours, 33 minutes ago)

realy?

I still can dash pass hakone with the stingray as if like playing a evo 9 on it
PMEmail Poster
Wraith-chan57
Posted on May 13 2013, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

Gensokyo's Element Doll

Member No.: 8,929

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 1 hour, 54 minutes ago)

So you regularly drive in AT? That's a surprise....I actually drive MT in (almost all) Namco racing games.

And objection a bit, 5-speed car, which is in my R33 (my main car) actually doesn't lose speed. It depends on car characteristic. So, Skyline is a natural drifter (hence being AWD, except the hako) while all Evolutions are natural born rally machine (cornering are always great, grip and drift, speed....not "quite that" bad). So learn the car's history (I also learn from official site sometimes and took a mental note) is required.

Just my point, no offense smile.gif

This post has been edited by Wraith-chan57 on May 13 2013, 05:42 AM
PMEmail Poster
fkn
Posted on May 13 2013, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Shun Goku Satsu

QUOTE (Wraith-chan57 @ 45 minutes, 38 seconds ago)

And objection a bit, 5-speed car, which is in my R33 (my main car) actually doesn't lose speed. It depends on car characteristic. So, Skyline is a natural drifter (hence being AWD) while all Evolutions are natural born rally machine (cornering are always great, grip and drift, speed....not "quite that" bad). So learn the car's history (I also learn from official site sometimes and took a mental note) is required.

Just my point, no offense smile.gif

Just lol

[ Post merged on May 13 2013, 06:19 AM ]
Let me get this straight...

"Skyline is a natural drifter (hence being AWD)"

Your logic is this:
If X car is a drifting car, it therefore is an AWD

So... the AE86, the MX5, the FD, the S15, the Z series and the Supras arent classified as drifty cars? What would you classify them as?
PMEmail PosterMSN
nicotam
Posted on May 13 2013, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Whatever...

Member No.: 8,717

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 4 hours, 24 minutes ago)

I forgot to say this: I only tried the Stingray in bone stock mode (as a GUEST)...but in comparison to the other 4-speed vehicles (Celsior...Aristo...Hiace) it is very much quicker...but then again don't really take my word for it...

Personally for me I like the Stingray due to its looks...all its aero sets are awesome (there it fulfills criteria 1)...and being only a 4-speeder it has a sense of uniqueness...

And yeah...as Whitzwolf says go try out MT mode...it's a million times better than playing AT...you can personally time shifting of gears rather then computer shifting (its preset...you can't time it the way you want to...so there can be massive setbacks if you were to lose speed from taking corners...scraping/bumping walls etc.)

But if you really want a Chevy that performs...take fkn's advice and get the ZR1 (I own one too actually...its pretty good tbh grin2.gif )

This post has been edited by nicotam on May 13 2013, 06:46 AM

Topic Options 4 Pages  1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll