Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

5 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> Transferring tuning card is comming to an end
KMNQS
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,165

user posted image
If you register from July 15 to October 24 you will get a special tittle Called "
SPOILER
after October 24 the Untransfered tuning card will only function on 3DX+. Is unknown why namco have to do this, Maybe to many renames?

This post has been edited by KMNQS on Jul 15 2013, 05:17 PM
PMEmail Poster
N•MAC
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Z33 MASTER

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,005

I've heard of this news recently as well. Well I support this move by Namco. No more rename cards coming from WMMT 2, 3, 3DX and 3DX+ being transffered to WMMT4 after their deadline smile.gif

The marketability of renames will probably drop as well to some point that few people will be interested in buying them since it aint gonna be transferrable if they buy it after the deadline given by Namco.
PMEmail Poster
RayoK
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 8,136

QUOTE (N•MAC @ 18 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
I've heard of this news recently as well. Well I support this move by Namco. No more rename cards coming from WMMT 2, 3, 3DX and 3DX+ being transffered to WMMT4 after their deadline smile.gif

The marketability of renames will probably drop as well to some point that few people will be interested in buying them since it aint gonna be transferrable if they buy it after the deadline given by Namco.

there are mt4 rename formats available and people wil just buy them instead previous series. And i doubt this move is to stop renames.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (RayoK @ 7 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
there are mt4 rename formats available and people wil just buy them instead previous series. And i doubt this move is to stop renames.

methinks just to force players to play WMMT4 instead of the older series for the older cars...

so this means october 2013 also ends with jap and int'l cabinets for updating magnetic cards from dx+
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Rendy
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 1,721

Agreed with the above. After all years playing my legit R34 all the way to its FT level? Stopping 3DX+ transfers to Banapasses?

NOT BEFORE IT LANDS IN INDONESIA!!!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Antares
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

Member No.: 8,468

QUOTE (RayoK @ 17 minutes, 7 seconds ago)

To a certain extent it will, MT4-format renames are WAY MORE expensive than DX+ renames. It may not eliminate the rename market altogether, but it will definitely weaken it once the transfer feature gets cut.
N•MAC
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Z33 MASTER

QUOTE (RayoK @ 21 minutes, 15 seconds ago)

But aren't MT4 renames originating from 3DX+ cards first? And it seems Namco developed a kill switch to the wangan terminal's card reader for the 3DX+ cards.. Whatever happens, it seems Namco is trying to lessen the amount of renames.. And since they are more into the money making business now with having a share for each game played, it seems like a logical move from them to stop the renames from comingg out and getting people to start tuning cars from scratch again, especially new comers.. Cause that means more games played and more money to be gained haha

This post has been edited by N•MAC on Jul 15 2013, 06:12 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (Rendy @ 6 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
Agreed with the above. After all years playing my legit R34 all the way to its FT level? Stopping 3DX+ transfers to Banapasses?

NOT BEFORE IT LANDS IN INDONESIA!!!

TBH it's pretty unfair that the rest of the world (err... even some parts of Asia didn't get WMMT4 yet and does this move?) who doesn't get WMMT4 yet

or they do the supposed "PLAN B" if a supposed country has recently got WMMT4 after the date of ending all transfers might give a small yet ample time to update them

or yet it seemed Namco's marketing research lost hope in the US territories or some parts of europe that only certain parts of Asia gets WMMT4 =/

@Rendy
still if it still lands on August or September on your place and it's pretty unfair that all people catching up and panicking to update their main cars to WMMT4
CarlRaven
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

I heard of this news coming, but I wasn't so sure if it was true. Now I know it is!

Guess I'll have to transfer my R34 over before the deadline.....
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (Antares @ 10 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
To a certain extent it will, MT4-format renames are WAY MORE expensive than DX+ renames. It may not eliminate the rename market altogether, but it will definitely weaken it once the transfer feature gets cut.

more likely some h@xz0rs might have a dirty idea of selling bana-passes like them old renames of magnetic cards and spread it like sellers again =P

yeah, I will agree on that one because it will weaken the seller of magnetic cards but not that much, then again like the bootleggers/h@xz0rs might have a plan to sell creatively on WMMT4

and by darn I should update most of my cars till september/mid october =P
CarlRaven
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

I already heard of some people selling Banapasses with 80k star renames.

Sellers won't get fazed easily by this!
PMEmail Poster
N•MAC
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Z33 MASTER

Banapass cards being sold with renamed cars aren't going to be big I believe. Because supply of those cards aren't a lot plus aren't cheap to begin with, plus it isn't re-usable like the magnetic cards of the older version so its gonna be a costly business.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ 3 minutes, 34 seconds ago)

as I was saying bootleggers/h@xz0rs does the most creative way to sell them

and that is one step from them unless Namco does the troll move on the next =P
Antares
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

Member No.: 8,468

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ 3 minutes, 41 seconds ago)

Renames would now be custom-made instead of the usual made-to-order laugh2.gif
N•MAC
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Z33 MASTER

I wonder if Namco secretly put tabs on our banapass cards and they are able to delete cars with outrageous data like those 8k to 80k star cars hahahahaha! That would be so much fun to watch and those exploiters won't know what hit them hahaha! Goodbye hacked cards for good LOL in WMMT4 that is smile2.gif
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (N•MAC @ 5 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Banapass cards being sold with renamed cars aren't going to be big I believe. Because supply of those cards aren't a lot plus aren't cheap to begin with, plus it isn't re-usable like the magnetic cards of the older version so its gonna be a costly business.

magnetic cards are freaking cheap, it kinda takes like about few hundreds of them to a price of one normal banapass (unless they have a freaking way to copy the card structure to make it darn cheaper)

namco does that move to control the limit of bana-pass supply to curb selling, and yeah if it's expensive then very few people will demand those kinds

[ Post merged on Jul 15 2013, 06:32 PM ]
QUOTE (N•MAC @ 6 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
I wonder if Namco secretly put tabs on our banapass cards and they are able to delete cars with outrageous data like those 8k to 80k star cars hahahahaha! That would be so much fun to watch and those exploiters won't know what hit them hahaha! Goodbye hacked cards for good LOL in WMMT4 that is smile2.gif

quite possible....

and by darn updating your car to WMMT4 to their server, namco has much of a right to audit certain data whenever a crises arises otherwise they'll just leave them be

more like the LMFAO from Yahoo Messenger is more like it, when Namco audits the data of exploiters and erasing that car to nothingness laugh.gif
N•MAC
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Z33 MASTER

QUOTE (vash944 @ 8 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
magnetic cards are freaking cheap, it kinda takes like about few hundreds of them to a price of one normal banapass (unless they have a freaking way to copy the card structure to make it darn cheaper)

namco does that move to control the limit of bana-pass supply to curb selling, and yeah if it's expensive then very few people will demand those kinds

[ Post merged on Jul 15 2013, 06:32 PM ]

quite possible....

and by darn updating your car to WMMT4 to their server, namco has much of a right to audit certain data whenever a crises arises otherwise they'll just leave them be

more like the LMFAO from Yahoo Messenger is more like it, when Namco audits the data of exploiters and erasing that car to nothingness laugh.gif

Oh that will be the day I could appreciate WMMT more. Especially in the ranking portion of stars and coins on the machine. smile.gif it will definitely serve its purpose if all hacked cards are obliteraated hahaha!
PMEmail Poster
rest_24
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Hakone Troublemaker

Member No.: 8,368

i feel pity for those players where their areas still dont have MT4 yet (like Indonesia) if the cabinet come to their place AFTER the update, they cannot transfer their 3DX+ to MT4 anymore, even if their cars are legit and they play hard from beginning. it's not fair. crying2.gif

IMHO, if their plan is to stop renames, they should do it wayy before, during magnetic cards (MT2, MT3, 3DX, DX+) era...now that many renames are created and sold, we cannot differ between rename cars and legit cars anymore...

hate those rename posers. but i think if they want to stop transfer from DX+ to MT4, all places who have 3DX+ cabinet earlier must have MT4 cabinet first, to allow them to transfer their cars before banning the transfer...
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (N•MAC @ 7 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Oh that will be the day I could appreciate WMMT more. Especially in the ranking portion of stars and coins on the machine. smile.gif it will definitely serve its purpose if all hacked cards are obliteraated hahaha!

they'll be doing operation "big brother" unless some explioters does a hack to make them always no.1 in battles or editing their top speeds which is insanely impossible =P

the stars and coins are still much of bragging rights, still namco doesn't made a nasty move on that yet and still they're quite careful on that matter tho

they'll be doing that move unless a weird occurence just like the C8 Alcyone SVX runs like a FT'd car they will check that CSI style if they found out that exploiting such bug then they'll do a killswitch laugh.gif
N•MAC
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Z33 MASTER

QUOTE (rest_24 @ 3 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
i feel pity for those players where their areas still dont have MT4 yet (like Indonesia) if the cabinet come to their place AFTER the update, they cannot transfer their 3DX+ to MT4 anymore, even if their cars are legit and they play hard from beginning. it's not fair. crying2.gif

IMHO, if their plan is to stop renames, they should do it wayy before, during magnetic cards (MT2, MT3, 3DX, DX+) era...now that many renames are created and sold, we cannot differ between rename cars and legit cars anymore...

hate those rename posers. but i think if they want to stop transfer from DX+ to MT4, all places who have 3DX+ cabinet earlier must have MT4 cabinet first, to allow them to transfer their cars before banning the transfer...

I'm pretty sure Namco has planned this one out, what I'm wondering now is if Indonesia is the one not getting the machines to the arcades itself due to the cost of the machines as well as the cost in maintaining them (internet plus the added cut of Namco for each game). Because WMMT4 has been out for quite some time now and how come Indonesia still has yet to get a lot of those cabinets in..
PMEmail Poster
KMNQS
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,165

The bad news is i still have a present card. My state only have Japanese version of 3DX+ and the only place have the international version ran out of cards(they're not restocking anymore). I really worried about this card because last time I play it and the machine messed up my tuning card ---->user posted image ABOUT THE TITLE BELOW THE NOTICE it says the user who transfer on that time will receive a title, the title is "Maximum Tune" I guess because I only saw this on Japanese site and translated into maximum tune

This post has been edited by KMNQS on Jul 15 2013, 06:55 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (KMNQS @ 6 minutes, 0 seconds ago)
The bad news is i still have a present card. My state only have Japanese version of 3DX+ and the only place have the international version ran out of cards(they're not restocking anymore). I really worried about this card because last time I play it and the machine messed up my tuning card ---->user posted image ABOUT THE TITLE BELOW THE NOTICE the title is "Maximum Tune" I guess because I only saw this on Japanese site and translated into maximum tune

the thermal ink is flarked up... the magnetic data is supposed to be ok....

I also have that on WMMT2 cards wherein the ink does that but the data is ok

actually the card from japanese is pretty much the same to be used on international version just ask the staff to slap it in to the card dispenser to update
ahheng
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 8,980

Lucky i have start tunning the dress up when i heard the news long time ago now left abt 9 cars to full tune it

This post has been edited by ahheng on Jul 15 2013, 07:14 PM
PMEmail Poster
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 5,730

North America doesnt have MT4...FML...wow sad...now ill need someone to sell me cards and transfer them over to MT4 to use em here in Los Angeles
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
RayoK
Posted: Jul 15 2013, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 8,136

QUOTE (N•MAC @ 2 hours, 59 minutes ago)
But aren't MT4 renames originating from 3DX+ cards first? And it seems Namco developed a kill switch to the wangan terminal's card reader for the 3DX+ cards.. Whatever happens, it seems Namco is trying to lessen the amount of renames.. And since they are more into the money making business now with having a share for each game played, it seems like a logical move from them to stop the renames from comingg out and getting people to start tuning cars from scratch again, especially new comers.. Cause that means more games played and more money to be gained haha

from what i understand, they are standalone rename series from previous ones. And even if they are not, they soon will be. When theres demand theres supply and overall its still cheaper for renames than legit. Honestly in a way, the renames are helping to keep the game alive and floating, if you do realise and compare now and mt2 era its hell lot of difference. Namco has years to combat renames if they really want to but they cant afford to be like another SONY against piracy.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 5 Pages  1 2 3 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll