Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> TXR Zero Tuning Help, Help requested...
fettman53
Posted: Sep 13 2014, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Group: Members
Member No.: 825

Is there anyone here who has played this and has some good FR-layout tunes? You know...something that keeps the car going straight? It's impossible to race in this game once you get a certain amount of power. The car just spins tires and spins out as soon as you turn the wheel.
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 13 2014, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,759

I'm actually still working on setups that would work best for FR cars in this game; I have yet to get the ideal one; some turn best at gears 3 or 4 but I'm trying to get them to turn properly at the max gears too.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
fettman53
Posted: Sep 13 2014, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I've been really disappointed by this game so far. I was really excited about it, but ever since upgrading my car to max...I can't handle it. It's literally impossible. I turn the wheel lightly, I spin out. I turn the wheel hard, I spin out. I let off the gas into the corner, I spin out. I use the brakes, I spin out. Maybe the wrong gear? Nope. Doesn't matter; I spin out. I don't get it. :*(
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 14 2014, 01:57 AM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Try expanding the gears so that it wont' spin out. if the gear is too short (for accel), it'll definitely spin the tires.
Benovelence
Posted: Sep 14 2014, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

how are you wheel spinning so much?

increase rear wheel size and preferably a spoiler...but increasing the wheel size on the rear works best in reducing oversteer..
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Sep 14 2014, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

Um...what? I don't even see an option to increase only the rear wheels.
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 14 2014, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

not sure if trolling or referring to TXR3. We're talking about TXR Zero. Increase the rear wheels, you increase the fronts as well. Your best bet is definitely the gearbox, fett.
fettman53
Posted: Sep 14 2014, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I've tried a different car and I'm beginning to think it was just the car. I was driving an S30Z and it just wouldn't do it. The FC I bought is fine.

Another question: why is the AI so ridiculously fast? Or is Fine Drive just a really good team in this game?
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: Sep 15 2014, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

oh shi-
i hate when this kind of shit happens...

then no dice then..some cars in TXR0 are just plain hard to drive...especially 911's...also,isn't the S30Z in the game a C class car?Then you are just gimping yourself even harder...To me the C and B class cars are not worth your time and money spent for tuning...

Sure it could go fast but severely outclassed by the time you started battling in NBL/Shinkanjou,you WILL curse at yourself..Also,It seems that you've just started playing the game and i advice you to start all over again..And this time buy yourself an Evo III...you CAN afford that car when you start a new game..By the time you meet the 1st 3 bosses,you'll have a much easier time dealing with them...

tl;dr : get A class car..like,seriously...
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Sep 15 2014, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I'm stubborn and won't stop thinking about something until I've gotten it down. I actually started mastering the Z's handling. No way I could battle with it, though. The FC did okay for a while......yeah. It sucks cuz FR for life and all that, but Imma go with the Evo III I guess. It IS my favorite Evo, so that's cool at least.

I was a bit disappointed by the ending boss of TXR3 (by a bit I mean a LOT) so I bought this game after hearing that it has the PROPER TXR final boss (if you know what I mean) but this game's AI...it's so overly-aggressive it's stupid. I think I'm doing good and then the AI is slamming into my rear and acting like I'm going slowly. I can't go any faster. Like really. Come on.
PMEmail Poster
rx-666
Posted: Sep 21 2014, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,627

I played this a lot and I really don't remember, but gearing and downforce helps a lot. but with downforce you need to keep on the gas with a high powerd car or you can still spin out.
PMEmail Poster
fettman53
Posted: Sep 22 2014, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I did finally finish it. A bit sour though. You really have to be aggressive and block off the opponents, and that's just not my style. The boss S30 though...bahaha! It's so stupid fast! And just when you think you're about to spin out, you hit the gas and it straightens up. YOINK!
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 22 2014, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

QUOTE (fettman53 @ 2 hours, 15 minutes ago)
I did finally finish it. A bit sour though. You really have to be aggressive and block off the opponents, and that's just not my style. The boss S30 though...bahaha! It's so stupid fast! And just when you think you're about to spin out, you hit the gas and it straightens up. YOINK!

It's UNKNOWN. It's the Devil Z. Go figure. :v He's fast for a reason; he's the only AI that is capable of hitting the maximum speed limit of the game... unless you take the final race to C1.

As for the Rivals, that's Genki logic for you: ridiculously fast on the straights but mediocre or above average at cornering cleanly; some AI though are decent through cornering.

Everyone's right about the Evo III though; it's by far the most decent starter car; second to that is the ST205 Celica GT-Four. It's got enough power to help you out at C1 & Yaesu with a 4WD system that it's enough to keep speeds up through corners.

I forgot the Wanderer's name but to use the C-class S30, you need to beat that red S30 wanderer; I forgot his name though. I take it you chased after him first?

For the TXR3 final boss, if you didn't do an engine swap, that final boss though is a manageable PITA but is good for them freaky montages.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Sep 22 2014, 10:47 AM
fettman53
Posted: Sep 22 2014, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

The Red S30

I certainly realize who the final boss is, as I've played all TXR games save for 2 at this point. And yes, my first car was an FC. I was hoping to create Kevin's Z, but ended up having to wait until beating the final boss.

For the final boss of 3, I made a blue S30. So, in the end, it was still the traditional final boss!
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll