Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+ Machine info, Info on components of WMMT 3DX+ cabinet
Antares
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

• MR-S •

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,468

QUOTE (Crow @ 16 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Hey mate sorry for the late reply I have been away!

The cooling is 2 main fans and a CPU fan. if you ask me, these were NOT designed to last especially since they almost all were run in high heat areas such as cramped arcades.

Its like they put the absolute minimum to keep them running for 3-5 years of hard use. For home use the setup is completely fine in a well ventilated room.

Wow, its cooling is just like the ordinary home CPU.

This post has been edited by Antares on Mar 24 2015, 03:59 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
vash944
Posted: Mar 24 2015, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (Crow @ 1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
Hey mate sorry for the late reply I have been away!

The cooling is 2 main fans and a CPU fan. if you ask me, these were NOT designed to last especially since they almost all were run in high heat areas such as cramped arcades.

Its like they put the absolute minimum to keep them running for 3-5 years of hard use. For home use the setup is completely fine in a well ventilated room.

Most likely basic to minimum cooling were installed to the cabs, pretty much the same as commonly spec'd PC at that time (well customized pc parts computers were cheaper for the masses thus the PC shops was their cash cows)

El cheapo setup PC's has only none to one small fan excluding processor fan/heatsink

I would suggest bigger fan for outflow of air and you could leave the other fan as stock for circulating airflow, but the critical part is the processor fan

This post has been edited by vash944 on Mar 24 2015, 04:59 PM
weirdo808hi
Posted: Mar 25 2015, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 727

I've uploaded pics of the custom video card my current Maximum Tune 3 JP board has on it on the previous page.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Crow
Posted: Apr 7 2015, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 3,058

QUOTE (weirdo808hi @ Mar 25 2015, 11:46 PM)
I've uploaded pics of the custom video card my current Maximum Tune 3 JP board has on it on the previous page.

VERY interesting! I wonder how they managed to get a BIOS flash for that card...
PMEmail Poster
actown1
Posted: Jun 3 2015, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,275

QUOTE (Crow @ Apr 7 2015, 09:59 PM)
VERY interesting! I wonder how they managed to get a BIOS flash for that card...

That person is me. I am an arcade operator and have access to surface mount rework tools and a ROM programmer. I have a pair of US-built cabs I painstakingly overhauled after getting completely ripped off when purchasing them... then repeatedly scammed afterwards when buying parts to fix it. I am running Japanese 3DX+ in both of them.

Here's the VBIOS. You can write this to any 512K SOIC8 serial EEPROM and stick it on any AGP 7600GS 256MB as a replacement. It does NOT seem to work on 512mb cards or 7600GT cards, even though they're really the same. I don't know why this is. The chip you need to replace is U504.

You can also just desolder U504 from a dead, original card and swap it on to a new card.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Cg9hFabI!rIaSw...RPQnBd1eQzJDjbs

I have dumps of the STR boards and the PC BIOS but I need to verify them first. And get ANY of my STR boards to work. mad.gif The US and UK "Export" version of the game uses a different PC and use the MKGP STR ROM, whereas the Japan and Asia versions require the WMMT01 REVA ROM. I'll get into this later on.

Interesting to hear about the CPU upgrade! I'll grab a 500w PSU and an Athlon XP 3200+ and give the game a try.
PMEmail Poster
McDoge
Posted: Jul 1 2015, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 10,279

Damn this thread somewhat died. Was reading the whole thing and it sounds amazing.

Can't wait to hear from you guys. This looks promising.
PMEmail Poster
Myth_21
Posted: Sep 6 2015, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

SRS'ly SRS

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,940

Can you somehow dump a rom of the GD rom that MT runs on? That would be amazing to be able to read through and get some solid data.
2ZZ-GE
Posted: Sep 7 2015, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 10,385

I've worked on the 3DX+ machines Scandia in Sacramento use to have. They are complete garbage and they always broke down every week. The design is not all that great where the computer is inside the cabinet. It overheated most of the time which led to freezes, random resets and just a pain for them and myself to upkeep so they got rid of them.
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Sep 7 2015, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Ya the American cab design was pretty bad and caused machines to overheat regularly, don't know about the Asia cab design though. All the local arcades here in Hawaii had to take off the back and put fans blowing in there so it stopped overheating as we had the American cabs.
2ZZ-GE
Posted: Oct 26 2015, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 10,385

Just wanted to add that USA Maximum Tune 3 versions can accept any version of the 7600gs.

I have used the following...

EVGA 7600GS 256mb
XFX 7600GS 256mb and 512mb versions

Thing is you need excellent cooling or the game with lag during gameplay. Usually when this happened I would get a bulging capacitor. Simply replace the faulty capacitor and it works again perfectly.

When I run 3DX and 3DX+ both ASIA versions the game will not pass the first loop of the attract sequence when running these cards. I assume the cards need to run with the correct bios. The ASIA versions my local arcade has runs BIOS version 5.73.22.64 with 3DX+. Ill try and pull the binary file and upload it here for anyone.
PMEmail Poster
Kenzz
Posted: Oct 29 2015, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

i wanan b da berry best

Member No.: 5,492

Just realized I still have my old Anthlon CPU thats exactly the same type for this game.... months ago.

haha. Amazing, I hope I can rebuilt the game from parts ground up somehow.
PM
actown1
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,275

QUOTE (2ZZ-GE @ Oct 26 2015, 08:08 PM)
Just wanted to add that USA Maximum Tune 3 versions can accept any version of the 7600gs.

I have used the following...

EVGA 7600GS 256mb
XFX 7600GS 256mb and 512mb versions

Thing is you need excellent cooling or the game with lag during gameplay. Usually when this happened I would get a bulging capacitor. Simply replace the faulty capacitor and it works again perfectly.

When I run 3DX and 3DX+ both ASIA versions the game will not pass the first loop of the attract sequence when running these cards. I assume the cards need to run with the correct bios. The ASIA versions my local arcade has runs BIOS version 5.73.22.64 with 3DX+. Ill try and pull the binary file and upload it here for anyone.

Flash the VBIOS ROM I posted and they should pass no problem.

I've been running my US cabs with the backs off, the tops of the N2 case off, and have added a Vantec Tornado fan to the case in addition to the stock one. They've been on location for months with no performance issues. I also replaced the caps with new Rubycons, which probably helped.

Also I've replaced the CPUs with the XP 3200+ and replaced the power supply to match. Didn't seem to help with performance much at all.
PMEmail Poster
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Dec 1 2015, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 10,450

Hi all.

I recently picked up a pair of 3DX+ machines (Asia type)
I was wondering what is the latest revision of the game software?
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Dec 1 2015, 01:24 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (BigJohnnyM @ 7 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Hi all.

I recently picked up a pair of 3DX+ machines (Asia type)
I was wondering what is the latest revision of the game software?

It would be Version B, there have not been any other revisions as far as I know. It was either Version A or Version B of 3DX+.
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 05:01 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

QUOTE (weirdo808hi @ Yesterday, 1:24 PM)
It would be Version B, there have not been any other revisions as far as I know. It was either Version A or Version B of 3DX+.

Mine are version B so good to know it's the latest rev.

Can anyone recommend any mods/upgrades to the N2 to help bulletproof it &/ or make it run better?
I had to replace every cap on one of the N2 boards to get it to work.
I have a pair of new Zalman copper GPU heatsinks on the way to replace the stock version on both video cards.
PMEmail Poster
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Dec 12 2015, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Has anyone got any knowledge on WMMT3 card reader repair?
The card reader in one of my cabs gets the error 53 card jam.
In test mode it can dispense a card ok but when I try a test print or read/write test the card just jams halfway out of the card dispenser at the back of the unit
PMEmail Poster
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Dec 17 2015, 02:37 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Even though this thread seems to be dead these days I'll ask anyway.
Does anyone know what the error message "Please reboot to clear system" that is pasted to the top of the screen in attract mode?

I've read through the manual & nothing is written about this error message.
Powering off/on the game does nothing, Clearing the CMOS with JBAT1 does nothing also.
PMEmail Poster
Dare
Posted: Dec 17 2015, 02:58 AM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

People in this forum are more players, and not technicians so we wont know much about the inner workings of the machines, sorry.

As far as error goes, I never saw it in my days of the cab, you might need to contact the person who sold it to you
PMEmail PosterMSN
vash944
Posted: Dec 17 2015, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (BigJohnnyM @ Dec 12 2015, 07:19 AM)
Has anyone got any knowledge on WMMT3 card reader repair?
The card reader in one of my cabs gets the error 53 card jam.
In test mode it can dispense a card ok but when I try a test print or read/write test the card just jams halfway out of the card dispenser at the back of the unit

The card jam error might suggest to see either the rollers in the card reader is jammed

Most local technician use alcohol to clean the rollers or cotton swab

Clean the reader writer assembly carefully... make sure no magnets near to that area... think of it that the reader writer is like a cassete tape from an 80's boombox

As for "Please reboot cab" warning it might suggest that you try a full ghost data wipe to see the warning still persists

This post has been edited by vash944 on Dec 17 2015, 03:19 AM
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Dec 17 2015, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

QUOTE (Dare @ 5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
People in this forum are more players, and not technicians so we wont know much about the inner workings of the machines, sorry.

As far as error goes, I never saw it in my days of the cab, you might need to contact the person who sold it to you

Sorry if I was spamming this thread a little but there's very little info anywhere about this gameboard & I see a few posters that are knowledgeable in regards to the game hardware in this thread.

As far as my reboot error goes, I will try what vash944 suggested.
Thanks.

PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Dec 17 2015, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (BigJohnnyM @ Today, 12:37 AM)
Even though this thread seems to be dead these days I'll ask anyway.
Does anyone know what the error message "Please reboot to clear system" that is pasted to the top of the screen in attract mode?

I've read through the manual & nothing is written about this error message.
Powering off/on the game does nothing, Clearing the CMOS with JBAT1 does nothing also.

Please reboot to clear system means the CMOS battery is dead and needs to be replaced or charged by having the machine on. Once it has a fresh CR2032 in there the error should go away, if it still shows up after putting a new CR2032 in leave the machine on for about 20-30 mins then restart it and it should go away.
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Dec 19 2015, 12:58 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

QUOTE (weirdo808hi @ Dec 17 2015, 06:22 PM)
Please reboot to clear system means the CMOS battery is dead and needs to be replaced or charged by having the machine on. Once it has a fresh CR2032 in there the error should go away, if it still shows up after putting a new CR2032 in leave the machine on for about 20-30 mins then restart it and it should go away.

Thanks for the advice, I will try that out.

Just wanted to add some info about the N2 system that I have.
The N2 is a bespoke variant of the MSI MS-6777 motherboard,
MSI MS-6777

I notice printed on the N2 motherboard there's a setting to select desktop or mobile CPU type. Both of my N2 boards are fitted with desktop version Athlon XP 2800+ CPUs rather than the mobile version as stated by others in this thread.

PMEmail Poster
Hinz
Posted: Feb 17 2016, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 10,500

Any news about dumps or wherever about this?

I see the dump of WMMT 3 on internet (7GB), but need the dongle to open info of the game. If we can change and remove the info of the game about protection, we can run in the PC with de Flash BIOS.
PMEmail Poster
Westy
Posted: Mar 22 2016, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 10,523

Hi there folks,
Just bought a 3Dx+ machine, Japanese version from Ebay last Fall with several small problems, but now are fixed.

Concerning the "reboot system" warning upon startup, I just replaced that CR2032 battery on the N2 as I just felt like replacing the old battery anyway.

Like mentioned previously here, I played the game for about 30 min and after watching the attract screen, that message went away. So it definitely works.

Such a great game to play, the music helps the mood let me tell ya.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
BigJohnnyM
Posted: Mar 28 2016, 04:19 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

QUOTE (Hinz @ Feb 17 2016, 04:32 PM)
Any news about dumps or wherever about this?

I see the dump of WMMT 3 on internet (7GB), but need the dongle to open info of the game. If we can change and remove the info of the game about protection, we can run in the PC with de Flash BIOS.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any of these WMMT3 dumps?
I have spare dongles for all 3x editions.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 5 Pages  1 2 3 4 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll