Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

26 Pages  « 22 23 24 25 26  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> ***WMMT5 North American Info Thread***, *Official Discussion Thread*
Neo0r0chiaku
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,710

Can anyone confirm that the Subaru WRX STI is indeed a hatchback and not sedan? Saw it on a YouTube video but on the intro it looked like a sedan but during gameplay, it looked clearly like a hatchback. They don't even sell hatchback of the latest model in the market. In any case, it's pretty awesome because that is every WRX STI fan dream of having for the current model.
PMEmail Poster
Ducky
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 9,602

QUOTE (Neo0r0chiaku @ 13 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Can anyone confirm that the Subaru WRX STI is indeed a hatchback and not sedan? Saw it on a YouTube video but on the intro it looked like a sedan but during gameplay, it looked clearly like a hatchback. They don't even sell hatchback of the latest model in the market. In any case, it's pretty awesome because that is every WRX STI fan dream of having for the current model.
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (Neo0r0chiaku @ 14 minutes, 13 seconds ago)

you'll have to wait for 5DX to get the GVB

if you're looking for the VAB, I have bad news for you, even 5DX+ in Japan does not have it yet sad.gif((

the latest WRX STI model you can have in-game as of now is the GRB
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Neo0r0chiaku
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

you'll have to wait for 5DX to get the GVB
a AS RR
if you're looking for the VAB, I have bad news for you, even 5DX+ in Japan does not have it yet sad.gif((

the latest WRX STI model you can have in-game as of now is the GRB

Sorry, I meant to say that I saw the current (4TH) generation WRX STI in a video of 5dx+ gameplay. I believe that is the VAB model? Looked like a hatchback to me. I will try to find that video again but hard since it was uploaded from Japan.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (Neo0r0chiaku @ 41 minutes, 41 seconds ago)

Sorry, I meant to say that I saw the current (4TH) generation WRX STI in a video of 5dx+ gameplay. I believe that is the VAB model? Looked like a hatchback to me. I will try to find that video again but hard since it was uploaded from Japan.

most likely GVB (same chassis but sedan)... the little brother of GRB (hatchback edition)

the only VAB [Subaru WRX] (a little bit) lookalike might be the Levorg's VL9
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (vash944 @ 1 minute, 28 seconds ago)
most likely GVB (same chassis but sedan)... the little brother of GRB (hatchback edition)

twin brother you mean k e k

cos the GRB was also available with the GVB, albeit with a facelift
vash944
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B-+ @ 13 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
twin brother you mean k e k

cos the GRB was also available with the GVB, albeit with a facelift

apparently kinda like fraternal twins (if we follow this twin stuff I guess) even on the consumer version... but nonetheless the STi editions on WMMT5/5DX

so GRB is the older twin (fraternal) sibling while GVB is the younger (fraternal) sibling... (we leave the gender aside just becuase dem' 11's love making any inanimate objects as females or something)
Neo0r0chiaku
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

the only VAB [Subaru WRX] (a little bit) lookalike might be the Levorg's VL9

Ooohhh so is that what it is then. Interesting, when searching for that video I saw the Levorg and reminded me that you mentioned it. I never knew this car existed. So is this basically the hatch back version of the current WRX STI or is it really a legacy like it states? I like this model better. Sucks the US won't sell the model here.

Here is the video
https://youtu.be/mDPY5X07fjE

This post has been edited by Neo0r0chiaku on Apr 7 2017, 07:52 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Apr 7 2017, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (Neo0r0chiaku @ 10 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Ooohhh so is that what it is then. Interesting, when searching for that video I saw the Levorg and reminded me that you mentioned it. I never knew this car existed. So is this basically the hatch back version of the current WRX STI or is it really a legacy like it states? I like this model better. Sucks the US won't sell the model here.

the VL9 Levorg shares certain cues of WRX (VAB) and Legacy....

apparently the Legacy BN9's (sedan) wagon counterpart is the Legacy Outback BS9 which is on the Crossover SUV segment
coffeelover239
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Group: Validating
Member No.: 10,219

user posted image
Despite the fact that the name was unfairly tampered with, 2 cars are missing, the fact that not even half of the 100 sets are on location, and Cali got so damn spoiled with too many damn cabinets that could have gone to other arcades in other states to make the WMMT5 reach in NA better. But aside from that, yeah.
PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

=MCR=

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,731

agree with that need to have "wangan midnight" back to NA xoxoxox laugh.gif
was going to make a celsior but they gatta remove it for stupid reason.

This post has been edited by e28 on Apr 18 2017, 07:38 AM
PMEmail Poster
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 5,730

Socal has 4 round 1 locations because the first round 1 opened up in Puente Hills Thats the reason we have so many wangan cabs.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Agent556
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 6,232

QUOTE (coffeelover239 @ 5 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Despite the fact that the name was unfairly tampered with, 2 cars are missing, the fact that not even half of the 100 sets are on location, and Cali got so damn spoiled with too many damn cabinets that could have gone to other arcades in other states to make the WMMT5 reach in NA better. But aside from that, yeah.

Really the biggest thing that killed the distribution of machines is that D&B decided not to get the game right now. Cant really send machines to arcades that dont want to pay for it or dont have the infrastructure (lolinternet) for it
PMEmail Poster
Neo0r0chiaku
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Really the biggest thing that killed the distribution of machines is that D&B decided not to get the game right now. Cant really send machines to arcades that dont want to pay for it or dont have the infrastructure (lolinternet) for it

AMF bowling tend to get wacky and old games and probably don't have internet either. Some cities of a bowling alley slash bar/restaurant but with no arcades. Movie theaters definitely won't get them since you can only play after you buy a movie ticket. Unless wal-mart can do it like back in the day and have some arcade machines. Or do they still do that?

Hard to tell what other company or type of place would hold those cabinets let alone arcade games. Maybe major laundromat chains might do it but its risky. Definitely not Chuckey cheese. Damn out of ideas we need an invester! Lol
PMEmail Poster
GAARA
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 527

I feel round 1 is ome of the few places that is perfect for it with a high percentage of the foot traffic that goes there specifically for games.
PMEmail Poster
coffeelover239
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

QUOTE (GAARA @ 2 hours, 10 minutes ago)
I feel round 1 is ome of the few places that is perfect for it with a high percentage of the foot traffic that goes there specifically for games.

I agree, but they don't have a big enough stateside presence yet to where anyone can go to one. Hopefully, that changes within the coming years.
PMEmail Poster
coffeelover239
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

QUOTE (Agent556 @ 3 hours, 10 minutes ago)

At least, we can only assume they chose not to get it. Only 32 of the 100 sets of cabinets have been shipped. That seems suspicious. You think they would all been shipped out by now.
PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

=MCR=

beside FA just golfland and R1 has it but thats mostly in CA only, but again lots arcade closed down after 2011 or Socail would have at least 4 more mt5 locations then currently have.
d&b not have internet? its not 1997 you know....

This post has been edited by e28 on Apr 18 2017, 07:12 PM
PMEmail Poster
coffeelover239
Posted: Apr 18 2017, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

QUOTE (e28 @ 18 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
d&b not have internet? its not 1997 you know....

Give that some locations have DDR A, along with the fact that most D&B's have Mario Kart Arcade GP DX which uses internet for updates, I'd say they do have internet.
PMEmail Poster
Agent556
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 6,232

I was referring to some other non-chain arcades that may not have decent internet for the machines, but forgot that MT5 doesnt really need high bandwidth internet.

Everywhere else really relies on D&B to spread the machines out to other locations than Cali. Round 1s are few and far between outside of socal and golfland is pretty much just norcal with 1 in socal
PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

=MCR=

internet is dirt cheap compare to 10 years ago that shouldn't even be a reason to not have mt5 as it doesn't even need a high bandwidth or fast latency network at all unless you have something like online 4-way VS battle, mostly the hardware cost and #of players are deciding factor for an arcade.
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Member No.: 10,078

QUOTE (e28 @ 6 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
internet is dirt cheap compare to 10 years ago that shouldn't even be a reason to not have mt5 as it doesn't even need a high bandwidth or fast latency network at all unless you have something like online 4-way VS battle, mostly the hardware cost and #of players are deciding factor for an arcade.

D&B isn't a place that people go to spend money on playing, they want to make it back in prizes. Just check their subreddit, all strategies to get the most out of it.

PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Apr 19 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

=MCR=

QUOTE (Deskyx @ 31 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
D&B isn't a place that people go to spend money on playing, they want to make it back in prizes. Just check their subreddit, all strategies to get the most out of it.

round 1 and golfland has it too,tons of prize machine in R1 that doesn't stop then having a arcade with lots wangan player. they have just as much prize machine as d&b if not more but
last time i checked d&b is lacking arcade machines in general.
PMEmail Poster
Neo0r0chiaku
Posted: May 17 2017, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Looks like a seller on eBay has up for sale a used Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune dual cabinet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182564696029?redirect=mobile
PMEmail Poster
TheTwinturboman
Posted: May 17 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 10,656

QUOTE (Neo0r0chiaku @ 6 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
Looks like a seller on eBay has up for sale a used Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune dual cabinet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182564696029?redirect=mobile

That's not Maximum Tune. That's the original Wangan Midnight arcade game that was made before Maximum Tune.
Still, pretty cool.

Topic Options 26 Pages  « 22 23 24 25 26  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll