Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

59 Pages  « 48 49 50 51 52 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> PLAYERS, ASK QUESTIONS HERE!!, Second thread just bc
WRX22B1998
Posted: Feb 2 2018, 02:11 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (N643 @ Jan 31 2018, 09:51 AM)
whats good TA car for 5dx, I'm talking about new models so don't say the FD

looking at the official ranking page (other than the obvious like R35, FD, RX8, E8/9) i see mostly NSX, Countach, Aventador. Aventador more for the high speed tracks (wangan, yoko etc). Almost nobody in the top 100 for hakone/taikan with a NSX though. (4/100 for taikan down compare to 15/100 for c1 in)

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Feb 2 2018, 02:29 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
holnivek
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,891

Does car handling differ between iterations (5 to 5DX, 5DX to 5DX+)? I played a few rounds of 5DX+ a couple of days ago, my main car felt a little different compared to in WMMT5 (what I play normally in NA). Wondering if it's just me or bandai namco really changed the handling/feel.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (holnivek @ 2 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Does car handling differ between iterations (5 to 5DX, 5DX to 5DX+)? I played a few rounds of 5DX+ a couple of days ago, my main car felt a little different compared to in WMMT5 (what I play normally in NA). Wondering if it's just me or bandai namco really changed the handling/feel.

Actually boost priority or catchup are usually improved or slowed down.. as for handling and top speed are changed by a very small un-noticable value

Power Handling Logic seems not too far from WMMT5 up to 5DX+... the logic is based since WMMT4 #justmy2centavos
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
WRX22B1998
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (holnivek @ Today, 2:12 PM)

sorta but not by a lot. there was some big changes from 3 to 4 but after that i think pretty minor.

what car, out of curiosity?
holnivek
Posted: Feb 6 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Actually boost priority or catchup are usually improved or slowed down.. as for handling and top speed are changed by a very small un-noticable value

So roughly speaking, only in-store battles are affected?

sorta but not by a lot. there was some big changes from 3 to 4 but after that i think pretty minor.

what car, out of curiosity?

It's an RX-8. My skills aren't top notch or anything, so perhaps it's just me haha.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Feb 7 2018, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (holnivek @ Today, 1:01 PM)

It's an RX-8. My skills aren't top notch or anything, so perhaps it's just me haha.

there's still boost in ghost mode but probably not as noticeable as vs

ah hmm rx8 is still pretty much up there at the top

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Feb 7 2018, 04:15 AM
vash944
Posted: Feb 8 2018, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (holnivek @ Feb 6 2018, 06:01 PM)

not as worst on vs battles... online ghost has boost too... you will never know when one update that the devs will screw something out

There is one age old bug that they still never fix... the dreaded pillar/toll bug even in 5dx+ is still f**king there rolleyes.gif

Just like in the last updates ago... they did screwed up the last game play on ghost crown data and they did fixed it on the next
holnivek
Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

QUOTE (vash944 @ Today, 12:06 AM)
There is one age old bug that they still never fix... the dreaded pillar/toll bug even in 5dx+ is still f**king there rolleyes.gif

Just like in the last updates ago... they did screwed up the last game play on ghost crown data and they did fixed it on the next

What is the toll bug you speak of? And what happened to the crown ghost? Now I'm really curious lol.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Feb 8 2018, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (holnivek @ 1 hour, 46 minutes ago)
What is the toll bug you speak of? And what happened to the crown ghost? Now I'm really curious lol.

Toll/pillar bug is one certain bug that if you are on the end of the pillar or toll gate that if you do the correct block placement or area and it is as nasty than getting yourself or your opponent slammed to the wall... evident on C1 and Yaesu... not sure on Taikan up/down

the so-called "last play data", while on crown data they managed to screw the logic to last few games ago...

How did i know it? for example... someone who busted an osaka crown and you will expect to be a harder one and did bust it back because the crown holder intentionally screwed its run on last few games... and I checked when someone bust crowns it was slow and old =/
DemonKING
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,901

A very noob question, but I started playing on 5DX+ but as my go-to local arcade also has 5DX machines in seemingly better condition stashed aside in the shade I was wondering am I able to just play that with my BanaPass without issues?
PM
vash944
Posted: Feb 15 2018, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (DemonKING @ 1 hour, 41 minutes ago)
A very noob question, but I started playing on 5DX+ but as my go-to local arcade also has 5DX machines in seemingly better condition stashed aside in the shade I was wondering am I able to just play that with my BanaPass without issues?

highly doubtful.... since BNGI or Bandai-Namco does force us International servers to WMMT5DX+ even if you have a cabinet set with terminal on WMMT5DX it will not connect to server because it is now on WMMT5DX+ and they'll force you to update the cabinets to WMMT5DX+ if that lands on International server

since your question is based on territorial and if you meant 5DX on China against 5DX+ on Internaitonal server then the answer is you can use your Banapass but.... different server will recognize that you have no Data there... so you will make one from scratch

This post has been edited by vash944 on Feb 15 2018, 08:46 PM
DemonKING
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:19 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Okay, so I reckon the 5DX here is updated then even if it doesn't have the 5DX+ branding then. Thanks!
PM
vash944
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (DemonKING @ 14 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
Okay, so I reckon the 5DX here is updated then even if it doesn't have the 5DX+ branding then. Thanks!

If you meant your home country at THL or Thailand.. which is also lands on International Server... still WMMT5DX+

I do remember one time in my usual spot that they didn't update in the day WMMT5DX+ was released and it got stuck on offline mode and it took them end of the week to fully update to 5dx+
DemonKING
Posted: Feb 17 2018, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Yeah, I was just speaking about Thailand. And against my better judgment (note to self: never visit the arcades on weekends) I went there yesterday and saw that the 5DX branded units do run 5DX+, so playing was possible. So now I know a better place for myself to grind around in tongue.gif
PM
nel3
Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 10,913

hello everyone, ive been an occasional forum lurker for the past few years when i needed certain info on the arcade game itself. i got an acct on an Initial D forum site that has a WMMT section but it has long since been dead. especially now since version 5 came out, ver 4 still had limited activity but thats now history.

ive played version 3-4 in the maximum tune series and most recently version 5 came out to the arcades in Montreal in the past year or so. i dont know when exactly as i didnt got there very often in the past year or so.

i have some general questions on MT ver 5. im not a competitive player nor really good, im more of a casual player so the car performance isnt paramount. ive run a R2, SVX, FD3S in V4. seeing V4 cards are just fancy peices of pastic to V5 i had to start a new card (SVX) for MT5.

what are the general characteristics of the SVX handling? i know its a rather stable platform for the most part but not sure what makes it tick. it seems to have decent bumping capacity and weight but doesnt excel in all fields.

im at 570HP with a +3 over the handling upgrades and intend to hit 830HP with sufficient playtime. can i access dress-up parts that i have yet to earn with the points i gain in ghost mode with the special booth/access point to customize the car's appearance? i have yet to get the levels to do so in the ghost mode atm (lvl 7.5). i need parts that are lvl 30 aero mirror or lvl 87 carbon aero mirror. did MT5 simply just add new parts to the dressup list keeping the previous unlockables the same as previous MT games? i dont have the best work schedule to put as much time i did in the past to the game but i do want certain dress up parts on the car.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Mar 7 2018, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (nel3 @ 1 hour, 35 minutes ago)
what are the general characteristics of the SVX handling?

SVX excels much on Straightward stability or what others called for Wangan straights stable...

I dubbed this "Wangan Troll" because it was proven by the Japanese that it could beat GT-R's TA time on 2-3 occasions

The most tragic part to SVX is the 4 gear transmission... but that car is the only one that has top speed that can go for Wangan Straights

So far as for technical skills I would say not as much good and it slips down on occasions at Hakone

LOWDOWN: Best 4 gear car for Wangan Straight areas but be wary on Hi-technical areas that the car is slippery enough
nel3
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (vash944 @ 9 hours, 24 minutes ago)
SVX excels much on Straightward stability or what others called for Wangan straights stable...

I dubbed this "Wangan Troll" because it was proven by the Japanese that it could beat GT-R's TA time on 2-3 occasions

The most tragic part to SVX is the 4 gear transmission... but that car is the only one that has top speed that can go for Wangan Straights

So far as for technical skills I would say not as much good and it slips down on occasions at Hakone

LOWDOWN: Best 4 gear car for Wangan Straight areas but be wary on Hi-technical areas that the car is slippery enough

thank you very much for the reply. i chose the SVX for its appearance and its"secret" nature back in MT4. its also a 4 gear car, i had this thing for secret cars and/or 4 gear cars back in MT4. i know i can just chose a better car if i wanted but i like the style of the SVX. i do plan on putting an FD on the passport later on but im in no rush atm.

i did notice/search up its in the highest speed rank though i dont know if its acceleration factor due to 4 gears makes it lack a little. i have yet to drive the car in MT5 and comparable speed to what i had in MT4. just how does the SVX rank among other car tiers? its always made me curious as you dont see many players with an SVX from what i saw in the past.

its good to see that it can give a good battle VS GTRs provided i can muster up the skill to hold my own in such cases. i do prefer Hakone when possible but i still have much to learn when it comes to having a clean run there. i guess 740/760hp would be suitable for Hakone and to be wary that i'll slip down at times. i played Initial D before i got to the MT series so i have a tendency to prefer touge.

how does the car fare to resist or block/push the heavier cars out of the way? im not one to aggressively block 100% when i play the game but i will put up some resistance to anyone behind or beside me.

thank you again for giving me some insight to its handling capabilities.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (nel3 @ 4 hours, 19 minutes ago)
thank you very much for the reply. i chose the SVX for its appearance and its"secret" nature back in MT4. its also a 4 gear car, i had this thing for secret cars and/or 4 gear cars back in MT4. i know i can just chose a better car if i wanted but i like the style of the SVX. i do plan on putting an FD on the passport later on but im in no rush atm.

i did notice/search up its in the highest speed rank though i dont know if its acceleration factor due to 4 gears makes it lack a little. i have yet to drive the car in MT5 and comparable speed to what i had in MT4. just how does the SVX rank among other car tiers? its always made me curious as you dont see many players with an SVX from what i saw in the past.

its good to see that it can give a good battle VS GTRs provided i can muster up the skill to hold my own in such cases. i do prefer Hakone when possible but i still have much to learn when it comes to having a clean run there. i guess 740/760hp would be suitable for Hakone and to be wary that i'll slip down at times. i played Initial D before i got to the MT series so i have a tendency to prefer touge.

how does the car fare to resist or block/push the heavier cars out of the way? im not one to aggressively block 100% when i play the game but i will put up some resistance to anyone behind or beside me.

thank you again for giving me some insight to its handling capabilities.

the only good advantage of SVX is the length which is good for blocking but lacks shoving power found in Bandwagon cars like BNR32

I've been using SVX for Crown Bashing runs on 5 and 5DX... if you are talking tier rating for that car... I'm pretty sure it was on upper or better tier listing but not on Bandwagon tier
RayoK
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,136

I like the accel of 4 gears specifically the eunos cosmo, svx and aristo, its what guarantees me that edge on that GO lol

Svx is definitely upper tier. That accel and speed is good for highway but you will suffer on both hakone mountain as how all 4 gears do (not so for aristo). Car is long and heavy, not sure about that sliding part because now I think its more of preferences and personal touch. My basis is that I find the gto to be a nice consistent ride but everyone else I know who tried it says its a piece of shit lol.....
Svx shares the same wangan west top record with r35 and ctr
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (RayoK @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
I like the accel of 4 gears specifically the eunos cosmo, svx and aristo, its what guarantees me that edge on that GO lol

Svx is definitely upper tier. That accel and speed is good for highway but you will suffer on both hakone mountain as how all 4 gears do (not so for aristo). Car is long and heavy, not sure about that sliding part because now I think its more of preferences and personal touch. My basis is that I find the gto to be a nice consistent ride but everyone else I know who tried it says its a piece of shit lol.....

SVX isn't crap car tier... too slippery on Hakone tho but not too bad on other maps...

While Aristo and Eunos Cosmo at least nearly troll tier if you can use their size at your pace... since WMMT4 all of the 4 gear ones are given a fighting chance against other cars

I had the feeling when those devs are trolling us from behind or that placebo effect.... sometimes the Eunos Cosmo has better accel or Aristo... but I know Cosmo seems better cornering car than Aristo
nel3
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (vash944 @ 4 hours, 21 minutes ago)
the only good advantage of SVX is the length which is good for blocking but lacks shoving power found in Bandwagon cars like BNR32

I've been using SVX for Crown Bashing runs on 5 and 5DX... if you are talking tier rating for that car... I'm pretty sure it was on upper or better tier listing but not on Bandwagon tier

thank you for the replies. i got some time today to play a bit more and saw first hand it lacks the weight to shove the cars but i did manage to use the length to block some JPN challenge mode ghosts.

im glad the car is in a good tier, when i play games in general i chose by appearance/style rather than the actual performance so its a nice surprise to have a pretty good car as first choice. im not the bandwagon type unless the car just happens to be in the bandwagon tier ie FD3S.

out of curiousity, i was offered the aero set B in ghost mode today but i stuck to aero set A. one player mentioned set B had a higher performance. how much do aero sets affect overall car performance?

i just like the 4 gear cars and the appearances are just the bonus on the top. i really like the design of the SVX, its very unique with the split windows. i do get the feeling the SVX does have a tendency to understeer at times, can someone please confirm that?

i do tend to put the car on a more drifty (740-760HP) side on most courses while keeping the handling in decent proportion unless its the flatout runs. i will need to get more used to the proper way of driving ie small initial turn and countersteer to clear the corner. i used to and still drive by reaction and turn just before the apex and use countersteer to clear the corner. still hitting the wall on occasion but a bit of practice is needed.

can someone please confirm if you can install dress up parts on the special booth that you havent yet unlocked ingame in the ghost mode for that particular car?

This post has been edited by nel3 on Mar 8 2018, 06:18 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (nel3 @ 1 hour, 17 minutes ago)
1. how much do aero sets affect overall car performance?

2 can someone please confirm if you can install dress up parts on the special booth that you havent yet unlocked ingame in the ghost mode for that particular car?

1. No.. it doesn't affect performance whatsoever, but some aero sets on cars do add a bit of hitbox which you can push cars easier than other aero sets (advanced level trolling: traffic tipping with minimal speed loss on your side)

2. Since WMMT4 to 5 it should be attained on a certain dress up level to use any dress-up parts on the Wangan Terminal... again you will race until you attain that level to get those parts

While the release of 5DX & 5DX+ which revamped the dressup level with purchase from Maxi coin thus Wangan Maxi Shop system is enabled... again you will play to unlock those dressup level and purchase them on Maxi shop

LOWDOWN: you cannot install nor purchase parts not in your dressup level thus you have to race/play further to get those parts
nel3
Posted: Mar 8 2018, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (vash944 @ 39 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
1. No..  it doesn't affect performance whatsoever, but some aero sets on cars do add a bit of hitbox which you can push cars easier than other aero sets (advanced level trolling: traffic tipping with minimal speed loss on your side)

2. Since WMMT4 to 5 it should be attained on a certain dress up level to use any dress-up parts on the Wangan Terminal... again you will race until you attain that level to get those parts

While the release of 5DX & 5DX+ which revamped the dressup level with purchase from Maxi coin thus Wangan Maxi Shop system is enabled... again you will play to unlock those dressup level and purchase them on Maxi shop

LOWDOWN: you cannot install nor purchase parts not in your dressup level thus you have to race/play further to get those parts

thank you for the reply. i guess that player was misinformed though i do see the reason behind the hit box. ive tested the hit box on traffic last session and got a feel for it already.

thanks just as i thought, i'll need to race to get those parts. its gonna be long drag to get all the parts as i got goals at lvl 30 and maybe 87 for either earo mirror. im currently at lvl16 in the dress up level. i thought that the dress up terminal offered a shortcut to higher level items that you can "purchase". it was annoying to an extent back in MT4 that you had to gain levels to reach a category to switch out certain rims/mirror/hoods etc. i guess the terminal makes for an easy parts swap function.

did they change the story mode titles given in mt5 or are the previous MT3 titles still there?

This post has been edited by nel3 on Mar 8 2018, 09:50 PM
PMEmail Poster
STRYDG
Posted: Mar 12 2018, 01:05 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 9,032

Whats the opinions on Mitsi EVO 6 and Starion? Both badass cars (to me) and I want a car that isnt an RX7/8 or EVO8/9 etc.

Mostly for battles, not concerned about TA.

Being able to make the EVO a 6.5 TME with the correct dress up parts is awesome but also love the Starion and never seen anyone use it.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Mar 12 2018, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

evo 6 is decent, idn about the starion though.

Topic Options 59 Pages  « 48 49 50 51 52 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll