Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

58 Pages  « 50 51 52 53 54 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> PLAYERS, ASK QUESTIONS HERE!!, Second thread just bc
vash944
Posted: May 19 2018, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (nel3 @ 3 hours, 59 minutes ago)
sorry for the double post (though the previous is nearly a month old) can i have some clarification on getting the red tachometer? i got the yellow tachometer without problems and continued the story mode only to lose in story #63. hit the side of the divided underpass in last KM.......

apparently you need 60 consecutive wins in story mode for the yellow tach. my question regards when i can start counting the wins to do the red tachometer in the next story mode round. i was under the impression that 60 wins gets yellow tach, 80 wins red. next round of 60 gets blue and +20 more wins gets black. am i wrong in this assumption?

i dont care so much about getting the blue or black tach but i do want the red and i plan to get access to the first 9 car color changes on the R33 eventually.

actually the start of doing your car to obtain the Yellow Tachometer is simply finish the loop Undefeated or Without any loss may it be starting from scratch up to 21 from obtaining the Discard Vehicle card and it will be probably 60 wins

from WMMT4 till 5DX+ the same thing how to get those tachometers is to be undefeated in every story loop of 60 stages

apparently from 5DX+ to 6 will be different now since WMMT6 is now 100 stages to 1 loop, so the wait till next installment tactic will probably not work now

since you lost at loop 2 (61-120) the next best thing is to finish the loop and start loop 3 (121-180) and make sure that you not get defeated to earn the next color which is Red Tachometer

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
nel3
Posted: May 19 2018, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,913

QUOTE (acefire @ Yesterday, 11:11 PM)
To get the red tachometer, you need to complete the entire story mode again after obtaining yellow tachmoeter without losing.

Unfortunately for your case, you need to finish your current story loop in order to start a new loop without losing.

thank you for the reply. i had a perfect record with the r33 up to ch 63 where one small mistake cost it all... its rather ironic, i am capable of doing a 80 consecutive win streak but i always lose 1/80 in 5dx. only lost ch29 and the rest were win with svx. i never did get a perfect story mode but 5dx story mode never really caused too many troubles for me. i did plan on doing story mode again as i got some titles im looking for in that round of story mode.

QUOTE (vash944)

actually the start of doing your car to obtain the Yellow Tachometer is simply finish the loop Undefeated or Without any loss may it be starting from scratch up to 21 from obtaining the Discard Vehicle card and it will be probably 60 wins

from WMMT4 till 5DX+ the same thing how to get those tachometers is to be undefeated in every story loop of 60 stages

apparently from 5DX+ to 6 will be different now since WMMT6 is now 100 stages to 1 loop, so the wait till next installment tactic will probably not work now

since you lost at loop 2 (61-120) the next best thing is to finish the loop and start loop 3 (121-180) and make sure that you not get defeated to earn the next color which is Red Tachometer

thank you for the reply, that means i can still get the yellow tach on the SVX also providing i dont lose a race. i guess i got a bit of story mode grinding to do now but i'll make that tach red eventually.

im guessing you can also retire from a story mode battle if you made a mistake early enough to avoid having your opponent take 1st place? i know another way to save a loss is to be challenged by a player but im not sure if the retire function can do the same.

This post has been edited by nel3 on May 19 2018, 10:43 PM
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: May 20 2018, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (nel3 @ Today, 4:31 PM)
thank you for the reply. i had a perfect record with the r33 up to ch 63 where one small mistake cost it all... its rather ironic, i am capable of doing a 80 consecutive win streak but i always lose 1/80 in 5dx. only lost ch29 and the rest were win with svx. i never did get a perfect story mode but 5dx story mode never really caused too many troubles for me. i did plan on doing story mode again as i got some titles im looking for in that round of story mode.

QUOTE (vash944)

thank you for the reply, that means i can still get the yellow tach on the SVX also providing i dont lose a race. i guess i got a bit of story mode grinding to do now but i'll make that tach red eventually.

im guessing you can also retire from a story mode battle if you made a mistake early enough to avoid having your opponent take 1st place? i know another way to save a loss is to be challenged by a player but im not sure if the retire function can do the same.

yes you can retire to keep your streak if you crash or something (as long as the AI doesn't pass the finish line)

so to clarify it doesn't matter if you lose again in this current loop cos you lost once, but on the next one (120 ->) you have to keep the win streak.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
nel3
Posted: May 20 2018, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

[QUOTE=WRX22B1998,Today, 4:57 AM]

im guessing you can also retire from a story mode battle if you made a mistake early enough to avoid having your opponent take 1st place? i know another way to save a loss is to be challenged by a player but im not sure if the retire function can do the same. [/QUOTE]
yes you can retire to keep your streak if you crash or something (as long as the AI doesn't pass the finish line)

so to clarify it doesn't matter if you lose again in this current loop cos you lost once, but on the next one (120 ->) you have to keep the win streak. [/QUOTE]

thank you for the reply. i guess i can keep those lapses in concentration in the 61-120 loop. i managed to get the yellow tach so i should be able to do it again.

will extra traffic be an issue in the later loops in the sense there's more to dodge?

This post has been edited by nel3 on May 20 2018, 10:13 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: May 20 2018, 11:25 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (nel3 @ 1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
will extra traffic be an issue in the later loops in the sense there's more to dodge?

Possible for traffic to get harder in the further loops.... AI too will be more daring to slam you to the trucks/traffic if you aren't that careful

I would suggest that anticipation of those and bit of alertness is one way to survive those nastier story loops
nel3
Posted: May 21 2018, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (vash944 @ Yesterday, 11:25 PM)
Possible for traffic to get harder in the further loops.... AI too will be more daring to slam you to the trucks/traffic if you aren't that careful

I would suggest that anticipation of those and bit of alertness is one way to survive those nastier story loops

thank you for the reply, ive noticed the AI had those tendencies in the first loop but it wasnt really going for broke then.
PMEmail Poster
XplusHappy
Posted: May 23 2018, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,894

How do I fully tune my car so I can vs? I do the 60 story undefeated got the tech and all that boring shit.

Am I fully tuned now? What else do I have to do?
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: May 23 2018, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (XplusHappy @ 34 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
How do I fully tune my car so I can vs? I do the 60 story undefeated got the tech and all that boring shit.

Am I fully tuned now? What else do I have to do?

to fully tune your "car" is by doing story mode... and at least you can go against other FT'd players in VS

actually you can stop to completing Stage 59 for Fully Tuned to 830hp, finishing stage 60 ends a loop and if you are Undefeated you'll be getting a tachometer

What else do I have to do?

if you like your current car then play that you should normally but....

- dress up/pimp your car more to your liking just play Ghost VS mode...
- bragging rights? git gud on TA and even play more on Ghost mode or even rake more VS stars that people can see on demo mode about top VS stars, Trophies and even best times on TA
XplusHappy
Posted: May 24 2018, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,894

So I'm fully tuned? Cause I beat the story undefeated it was petty easy but there's more story levels, so I'm a bit confused. Haven't played since 3dx
PMEmail Poster
acefire
Posted: May 25 2018, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Odd Della Robbia

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,454

QUOTE (XplusHappy @ Today, 7:28 AM)
So I'm fully tuned? Cause I beat the story undefeated it was petty easy but there's more story levels, so I'm a bit confused. Haven't played since 3dx

If your max HP is 830, you are fully tuned.

There is no end to the story mode. After you complete it, the whole cycle just repeats itself again. You are free to attempt to complete the entire story mode again to unlock new soundtracks for the game as well as new tachometers (if you complete another round of story mode undefeated).
PMEmail Poster
vnpython
Posted: May 27 2018, 04:31 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 6,296

for those bros who got honda s2k and FT it, how is it? i dont wanna find that old honda thread just for this...
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: May 27 2018, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (vnpython @ Today, 4:31 AM)
for those bros who got honda s2k and FT it, how is it? i dont wanna find that old honda thread just for this...

Tried the AP2 on NBL CW and it is at 349km/h.... (borrowed from regular who did joined the tourney)

JP wikiwiki stated that it feels like the Miata Roadster but when I got a hold to that it is kinda slippery than Mazda's FR so I would say it is kinda near to BMW Z4

Just my 2 centavos tho

This post has been edited by vash944 on May 27 2018, 04:56 PM
vnpython
Posted: May 28 2018, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

thanks bro.. krep it at stock 'N' for guest battle haha

edit: btw bro, battle worthy?

This post has been edited by vnpython on May 28 2018, 07:50 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: May 28 2018, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (vnpython @ 2 hours, 15 minutes ago)
edit: btw bro, battle worthy?

needs more elbow grease and devious tactics (actually smart HK tactics tho or even the Aussie brake blocking)... if you're going on to N-class battles...

trust me... you'll be facing boost ho-ing issues tho :rolleyes:

vnpython
Posted: May 30 2018, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

noted.. was wondering to FT it or Not actually. beside Aus's Brake blocking, anywhere else use that tactic? Ph maybe?
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: May 30 2018, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (vnpython @ 1 hour, 28 minutes ago)
noted.. was wondering to FT it or Not actually. beside Aus's Brake blocking, anywhere else use that tactic? Ph maybe?

we have different burning tactics from various players but I have experienced the troll blocking style...

Their way of blocking is to stay on he middle of the road to see where are you gonna pass and grind-block you senseless

Other variants include boost-ho-ing (uses/abusing boost as extra advantage)
vnpython
Posted: Jun 1 2018, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

i dont get that boost-ho-ing thing.. teach me senpai!
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jun 1 2018, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

i got around to playing the game for a bit today and made some progress on the R33 and FD3s. i got the body items for the R33 and made some progress on the FD in story and ghost mode.

im trying to make my MT5 FD as close to Kyoko Iwase's FD (ie the pic i put in the post). im running a stock body and will put the YOKOHAMA ADVAN TCII rims on it. im considering the Aero set A for my FD but the Aero set A spoiler isnt good and the rear ground effect kit is what it is (not crazy about it). is there any way to put the stock spoiler onto an aero set while keeping the other aero parts on the car? id like to get the stock spoiler on the set but i dont think its possible as i cant get stock spoiler on my aero A R33. i know i cant get the exact parts to match it but something close to it is good.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jun 1 2018, 04:19 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jun 1 2018, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (vnpython @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
i dont get that boost-ho-ing thing.. teach me senpai!

boost-ho tactics suggest that you abuse how the boost works since N ranked cars has nasty boost... (it can work on FT'd but you'll need lotsa skill and luck)

Even the ditzy user can really catch up fast on N-ranked cars unlike the FT'd battles
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 1 2018, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (nel3 @ Today, 10:17 AM)
i got around to playing the game for a bit today and made some progress on the R33 and FD3s. i got the body items for the R33 and made some progress on the FD in story and ghost mode.

im trying to make my MT5 FD as close to Kyoko Iwase's FD (ie the pic i put in the post). im running a stock body and will put the YOKOHAMA ADVAN TCII rims on it. im considering the Aero set A for my FD but the Aero set A spoiler isnt good and the rear ground effect kit is what it is (not crazy about it). is there any way to put the stock spoiler onto an aero set while keeping the other aero parts on the car? id like to get the stock spoiler on the set but i dont think its possible as i cant get stock spoiler on my aero A R33. i know i cant get the exact parts to match it but something close to it is good.

in short, no. you can't mix and match
nel3
Posted: Jun 1 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 21 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
in short, no. you can't mix and match

thank you for the reply, after seeing i wasnt able to do it with the R33 i figured it was unlikely. its a shame the spoiler cant mix and match. my only other option is the car exclusive spoiler in the dress up list lvl 28 and lvl 102 for the FD. are any of those similar to the original FD spoiler? aero A has the body but wrong wing, stock has the wing alone. i dont like those overly huge spoilers and the straight wing spoilers, i prefer the stock style spoilers on most cars.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 1 2018, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

here's the car type A/B/C wing

(IMG:https://s22.postimg.cc/jp62ap5kx/image.png)
nel3
Posted: Jun 2 2018, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 7 hours, 48 minutes ago)
here's the car type A/B/C wing

https://s22.postimg.cc/jp62ap5kx/image.png

thank you very much for the pics on the FD spoilers. thats a tough choice to make for my FD's appearance. i'll see how the car looks like when i get the Yokohama rims and compare the parts.

did you find the pics in one of these threads or on another site? i usually refer to Soars blog or maximumtune,org for the body options.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jun 2 2018, 07:28 AM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jun 2 2018, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (nel3 @ Today, 7:26 AM)
thank you very much for the pics on the FD spoilers. thats a tough choice to make for my FD's appearance. i'll see how the car looks like when i get the Yokohama rims and compare the parts.

did you find the pics in one of these threads or on another site? i usually refer to Soars blog or maximumtune,org for the body options.

Nope... he did got his source from... here

Also a great source for JPN server related WMMT stuff

This post has been edited by vash944 on Jun 2 2018, 09:01 PM
vnpython
Posted: Jun 2 2018, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

@Vash944 on that boost-ho thingy, so can i understand that if 800hp max vs 3 others FT-ed will get better boost-ho rate against the 3 (if fall behind)
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 58 Pages  « 50 51 52 53 54 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll